Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Not just gamma anymore?

Avatar image for strongestonethereis
    StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just read all the Fall of Hulk and World War Hulks seriesand notice a change. 

The Leader's crew used a combination of Cosmic and Gamma energy in the creation of Red Hulk. 

That same machine that harness those energies was used to turn Banner back into the Hulk. 

Does that mean that like the Red Hulk, Banner has both cosmic and gamma energy? 

Is that why Red Hulk could not absorb his energy like before?  

Avatar image for strongestonethereis
    StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read in the new Hulk with Iron Man 
    Banner onced again talks about the combination of gamma and cosmic energy 
    I think it's safe to say that it's true now
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @StrongestOneThereIs: 
    Actually during Hulks fight with Red-Hulk Red Hulk tries to absorb his energy but this time (now that Hulk seems to have both and be fully merged with Banner) there is to much radiation to absorb. Hulk gives it his all at absorbing and beating on the Hulk, actually creating a small Nuclear explosion on the final blow and Hulk walked out of it totally unharmed. 

yea i believe he now has both cosmic and gamma rays but the thing i want to know is that when Red Hulk was first created he could absorb radiation from the hulk, then Banner starts absorbing radiation from the machine, i was always curious when could he start absorbing the radiation? and if he always could why didnt he ever use it. The thing that bothered me is that it is never mentioned really that Banner is absorbing a different type of radiation and that he will change him and make him stronger. Idk, it just seemed like they left out details on the little things that could be answered.
    roadbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By roadbuster

While the cosmic energy thing is accurate for now, I suspect it will remain relevant canon for as long as Spidey's origins have been tweaked to be magical and his powers upgraded in The Other.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.