Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

New Hulk Movie Possible in 2015

• 108 results
    SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SexualLobster

@Deadcool said:

@SexualLobster said:

''That's my big secret Captain.. I'm always angry''
    No Caption Provided

The movie is pretty good, that line really is THE line. Now if they make another movie and if I had no interest in a hulk movie.. This would have changed my mind.

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ruffalo was kind of just a soft stand in for the hulk, he didn't really portray banner all that especially to me. Matter of a fact he seemed pretty vapid. Norton was a better banner to me, can't believe there are people who didn't like it. I'd kill for a sequel with or without him though, and a slightly more rugged hulk, instead of the 70's styled one they had in Avengers.

Can't say I like the idea of a new t.v. show, it'd be shotty scenes of a green mass mixed with crappy green screen and cheap effects. proof it'll most likely suck?

pimpdenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By pimpdenz

Mark Ruffalo's version of Banner is the best for us here in the Philippines. His version is more intelligent than the previous two. As for being the hulk (as I understood in the movie) there is a reason why this hulk looks more like Banner and one of our wishes for the hulk was granted in this movie and if they keep that I will definitely watch that Hulk movie....Whew! I nearly gave out a spoiler there, hehehe

Avatar image for theoriginalsurfer
    TheOriginalSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i always wished people would understand him as good at heart just like the rest of us comic book readers. i would love to see a new hulk movie with mark ruffalo. imo i think he conveyed rather well the twitching banner. also i like how the hulk had a more neanderthalic look to him, keeping with the original hulk comics unlike the previous 2. also ive seen the movie, but does anyone know if anyone said "Avengers Assemble!" ?

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By leokearon

Mark Ruffalo was great in Avengers, so he should get his own movie, just people if you are going to use Lou as the voice of the Hulk, give him more than 1 line of dialogue to say

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By JamDamage

@cattlebattle: That's because so many people hated the first one that they were skeptical on the second one. The second movie was that good. No where near in comparison to the other movies Marvel made. As much as I love Ed Norton I wasn't crazy about the idea of him as Banner. Banner is a sissy and Norton just comes off being someone who is not a sissy. I remember reading 4 reviews for the 1st movie that were great reviews. I thought Eric Bana was good too. He got slapped around and looked like the dork Banner is. To bad for him tho. Hulk really killed the guy. Anyone who thinks he's a bad actor needs to watch "Chopper","Star Trek", or "Munich". Speilberg doesn't get bad actors for his movies. The Avengers will change that about the Hulk. Avenger fans are gonna go ape shit after they see how well the Hulk is in this. Every character is simply done better then their solo movies. Trust me.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By JamDamage

@SexualLobster: comicvine needs a like button.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@HannibalKing: Well, I loved Norton and when I first heard that Ruffalo would be the next Hulk, I was a little bit disappointed. My bad, Ruffalo. Ruffalo looks more Bannerish in the film, if you know what I mean, no offense to Norton fans of course.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By Loki9876

The leader and gammaworld, please

Avatar image for blueninjapanther
    blueninjapanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By blueninjapanther

Haven't watch the movie cause its not out yet in the U.S. but I still want Ed Norton to be hulk, he portrayed it the best, and the hulk looks much better than how he looks in the Avengers.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#61  Edited By Outside_85

@Sammo21 said:

@Outside_85: Hulk wasn't a hero in the Ang Lee movie...I wouldn't even say the Hulk is a hero in the second movie...he's reactionary...he fights abomination because Banner puts him in his path.

Granted he is the protagonist, but I'm interested, what does a character have to do qualify as a hero to you?

pimpdenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By pimpdenz

Hulk for me is a hero but in one of his scene he really scared the hell out of us. Do you think heroes do that regularly?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Outside_85

@pimpdenz said:

Hulk for me is a hero but in one of his scene he really scared the hell out of us. Do you think heroes do that regularly?

Well, Batman makes people wet themselves on a regular basis, but do you mean us as viewers/readers or as people in the books faced with them.

pimpdenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By pimpdenz

@Outside_85: I mean the viewers, for a moment he kinda made us feel we were watching a horror movie......if you have watched the movie you know the scene that I mean......

NYStreets09e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By NYStreets09e

I wonder if She hulk will play a role in the new Hulk movie, we all know its going to happen eventually.

WunWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By WunWolf

@Namor1987: The Leader? Seriously? Who would want to see a movie about him? Red Hulk and the original together would be good though!

The Dude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By The Dude.

@mtrakos said:

bring back Norton, hes worthy every cent.

Rufalo was just as good and did an awesome job in The Avengers. And I think The Avengers Hulk is the best looking and powerwise, he was basically as close to comic Hulk as you can get.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#68  Edited By kagato

I was pretty pissed when i found out they had droppped Norton from the Hulk role and i wasnt sure how id react to seeing a totally new Banner in Avengers but Rufalo blew me away. He was indredible in the role and very believable, id definetly go see a movie with him as Banner/Hulk.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Outside_85

@pimpdenz said:

@Outside_85: I mean the viewers, for a moment he kinda made us feel we were watching a horror movie......if you have watched the movie you know the scene that I mean......

Actually I watched the Incredible Hulk four days ago and I am not sure what scene you are referring to. I get there's some horror elements to the first Hulk-out in Brazil because we don't actually see him before he steps out of the shadows to face Blonsky, there's also some when Betty first meets the Hulk and we arent quite sure if she is also about to get punched or not...but I wont say there was a time during it that I felt scared like I would a horror movie (not that I watch alot of those anyways).

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Eyz

Great news actually, but I think at this point I'd actually prefer to see him in a new TV show, for a change.

I do miss Norton as Banner though...

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#71  Edited By SupremeHyperion

I really liked the second Hulk movie and I liked the first up until the dad became the absorbing man. I think if they would have been able to stick with one banner (which i think has been done well by all the actors) the movies may have been a little easier for people to follow.

I think it's possible to make a real good hulk movie especially if they don't try and tell the origin story again. just have it pick up from where the first one ended or from the end of the Avengers movie. Who doesn't want to see a movie filled with Hulk smashing and fighting other powered villains. I loved the end fight in the second movie and if that's what the majority of a Hulk movie was it would easily be a success.

BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#72  Edited By BritishMonkey

yes please, another hulk movie

mark ruffalo as the hulk going up against the leader and more abomination must happen

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#73  Edited By PowerHerc

I liked the way the Hulk looked and I liked the action sequences in the first two "Hulk" movies.

I'd definitely see another.

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Sammo21

@Outside_85: In both movies thus far we've only seen The Hulk do one thing: what pleases the Hulk. Hulk protects Betty because he loves her and the other fights are mostly because he won't be left alone or he's in the path of something that looks like a challenge. I'm not saying the Hulk can't be a hero, but I don't think he's a hero thus far in any of the films thus far. He's like the original Hulk comics depicted him as: a monster with a one track mind.

A hero sacrifices himself for good and realizes that if he or she has the power to do something for right then they should. There's no personal gain and sometimes you put the needs of others far above yourself. An example: Spider-Man the movie (Raimi). The Green Goblin knew that Spider-Man would have a hard choice to make between Mary Jane (the woman he loves) or a school bus of children (the public he swore to protect). Does he take the selfish (but still heroic) route of saving the woman he loves but damning the children or does he make a personal sacrifice and try to save only the kids? Well, he pulled off both but that's the thing here...a hero goes out of his way and puts himself out there for others, whatever that entails. The Hulk, so far to me, has only been reactionary and selfish towards Betty. I wouldn't even think Betty would call him a hero like Iron Man or Captain America as he's only been trying to protect HER and that's about it. He can be more but we've not seen him in that role yet.

_Heart_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By _Heart_

Not again. Both of his movies sucked!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By cattlebattle
    @JamDamage said:

@cattlebattle: That's because so many people hated the first one that they were skeptical on the second one. The second movie was that good. No where near in comparison to the other movies Marvel made. As much as I love Ed Norton I wasn't crazy about the idea of him as Banner. Banner is a sissy and Norton just comes off being someone who is not a sissy. I remember reading 4 reviews for the 1st movie that were great reviews. I thought Eric Bana was good too. He got slapped around and looked like the dork Banner is. To bad for him tho. Hulk really killed the guy. Anyone who thinks he's a bad actor needs to watch "Chopper","Star Trek", or "Munich". Speilberg doesn't get bad actors for his movies. The Avengers will change that about the Hulk. Avenger fans are gonna go ape shit after they see how well the Hulk is in this. Every character is simply done better then their solo movies. Trust me.

I have seen Avengers and I don't really think anyone was handled better, roughly the same as they were in their own films, As I said before, I like "gray area" Hulk as opposed to hero Hulk.
    Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Video_Martian

@_Heart_ said:

Not again. Both of his movies sucked!

The 2008 Incredible Hulk was a good movie.

fluffypigeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By fluffypigeons

cccccccccccccccccoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll gggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Outside_85

@Sammo21 said:

@Outside_85: In both movies thus far we've only seen The Hulk do one thing: what pleases the Hulk. Hulk protects Betty because he loves her and the other fights are mostly because he won't be left alone or he's in the path of something that looks like a challenge. I'm not saying the Hulk can't be a hero, but I don't think he's a hero thus far in any of the films thus far. He's like the original Hulk comics depicted him as: a monster with a one track mind.

A hero sacrifices himself for good and realizes that if he or she has the power to do something for right then they should. There's no personal gain and sometimes you put the needs of others far above yourself. An example: Spider-Man the movie (Raimi). The Green Goblin knew that Spider-Man would have a hard choice to make between Mary Jane (the woman he loves) or a school bus of children (the public he swore to protect). Does he take the selfish (but still heroic) route of saving the woman he loves but damning the children or does he make a personal sacrifice and try to save only the kids? Well, he pulled off both but that's the thing here...a hero goes out of his way and puts himself out there for others, whatever that entails. The Hulk, so far to me, has only been reactionary and selfish towards Betty. I wouldn't even think Betty would call him a hero like Iron Man or Captain America as he's only been trying to protect HER and that's about it. He can be more but we've not seen him in that role yet.

Perhaps you're right, but then again Banner may be the hero of the equation?

Excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Excast

I think the main problem with bringing the Hulk to the big screen is that it is hard to relate to him as a character. He doesn't really interact with other people. He has no meaningful dialogue and you basically know his appearance means someone or something is getting smashed...that is about it.

Iron Man is still Tony Stark. Captain America is still Steve Rogers. Batman is still Bruce Wayne. Spider Man is still Peter Parker. Thor is still..umm.. Thor. These characters can have meaningful interactions both inside and outside of the fight sequences. They can talk. They can argue. They can love.

Hulk is mostly just a one dimensional destroyer. I think it is hard to really tell a compelling feature length story featuring just him. Well, at least anything on the level of a Dark Knight, Avengers, etc etc

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
    GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By GrandSymbiote94
    @cattlebattle said:
    @G-Man: Possibly, I always like him as anti hero or whatever he is classified as these days, I think the2008 Norton movie conveyed his character extremely well.
    Agreed. Though I gotta question can this hulk talk? I've noticed that about the Hulk movies. They never talk, The first one did but he said only 1 word. I know the hulk is supposed to be slow but why isn't he allowed to talk? :/
    Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Mumbles

bet it won't be rufalo,lol

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By cattlebattle
    @GrandSymbiote94 said:
    @cattlebattle said:
    @G-Man: Possibly, I always like him as anti hero or whatever he is classified as these days, I think the2008 Norton movie conveyed his character extremely well.
    Agreed. Though I gotta question can this hulk talk? I've noticed that about the Hulk movies. They never talk, The first one did but he said only 1 word. I know the hulk is supposed to be slow but why isn't he allowed to talk? :/
    He is supposedly mindless, he talks a little bit but only two word sentences or so most of the time...there has been versions where Banner is in control and he is intelligible
    GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#84  Edited By GR2Blackout

There was a hint to The Leader being in Incredible Hulk 2. Not in Avengers, in Incredible Hulk.

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By mattwing87

I hope it's sooner than 2015! Keep The Leader has the villain and maybe introduce Red Hulk!!

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#86  Edited By Gambit1024

It took them this long to realize that Hulk works as a hero?

Jeez.

Edit: Also, I've heard that Ruffalo signed on for 6 films

maemmfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By maemmfc

I would LOVE to see another Hulk movie. But my question is (and I'm sorry if it's stupid lol but I'm curious), would a new movie connect to the second Hulk movie (the Norton one) as well as The Avengers? At the end of the Norton-Hulk movie, we see Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark, in an attempt to connect it to Iron Man, and because of that it vicariously connects to Captain America and Thor. It would just be weird not to, at least to me, haha.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#88  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Great news. Bring on in Leader.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
    GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By GrandSymbiote94
    @cattlebattle said:
    @GrandSymbiote94 said:
    @cattlebattle said:
    He is supposedly mindless, he talks a little bit but only two word sentences or so most of the time...there has been versions where Banner is in control and he is intelligible
    In the movies? I don't remember seeing Banner in control in the movies (except at the end of Incredible Hulk). If you're talking about Comic versions then yes I'm fully aware of those versions.
    GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By GrimoireMyst

@mr.obvious said:

@feargalr said:

@mr.obvious said:

To be honest, I'd much rather watch another movie on Hulk rather than another movie on Thor or Captain America.

What drugs are you on and where can I buy them?

Nope, not on any drugs, just telling the truth. In my opinion, Thor is overrated and doesn't necessarily deserve a sequel, same with Cap. Although to be honest, I'd rather watch a Cap sequel over a Thor sequel b/c I prefer Cap much more as a character. Back on Hulk, I still strongly agree that the green goliath deserves a sequel, he's been very much underrated/unloved by most for awhile but due to the positive reception the character's been getting so far in The Avengers, I'd say it's his time to shine again.

I agree with this completely. It could be that The Hulk is my favorite Marvel character but I have watched The Incredible Hulk at least a dozen times and still going while at the same time I have seen Thor and Captain America movies maybe three or four times each. lol

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By cattlebattle
    @GrandSymbiote94 said:
    @cattlebattle said:

In the movies? I don't remember seeing Banner in control in the movies (except at the end of Incredible Hulk). If you're talking about Comic versions then yes I'm fully aware of those versions.
    Yes, of course I am referring to the comics
    Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#92  Edited By Namor1987

@WunWolf said:

@Namor1987: The Leader? Seriously? Who would want to see a movie about him? Red Hulk and the original together would be good though!

Leader is a important of the Hulk story. Plus he's really smart & they could team him with the Wizard or something. Red Hulk should be in the last Hulk movie with Thunderbolt feeling like theres no other to bring down a Hulk than with a Hulk. That'd be awesome

pimpdenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By pimpdenz

@Outside_85: Oh I'm sorry, I'm actually referring to the avengers movie. There is a scene there that made me think of the ultimate hulk, he's the version that eats people right? But don't worry that didn't happen......Aghhh! lets just wait for the others to watch the movie and see what they thought, don't want to give out any spoilers. XD

gerald2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By gerald2

The first film was a failure, second film actually didn't do as well as they'd hoped (even though I enjoyed it), is it REALLY worth all that time and money to rehash the same concept with yet another actor?

We get Hulk's predicament, he's 'a misunderstood beast/banner just wants to be left alone, blah blah blah. There's nothing else they can come up with that would merit another film.

Chanceskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Chanceskee

I think the reason why Hulk was received well was because he had the other characters as a buffer. I dunno. part of me would want to see another Hulk movie but still think he works better as part of an ensemble rather than a solo dude.

Westlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Westlife
    @cattlebattle said:
    I think the Ed Norton Hulk was great. I liked that too. Plus at the end, they kinda needed him, even though her daddy didn't like him. Plus Ed Norton was good and I wish they wouldn't replace him.
    Excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Excast

Ed Norton was a good Hulk and I really liked the 2008 movie. I don't think you ever really got a great impression of his full power in that movie though. In the 2003 flick you see him leaping huge distances, taking on tanks, and generally being a bad ass.

DamianWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By DamianWayne

Honestly, I just hope they make him more like the original interpertation. So he can actually take a missile to the chest. Unlike in the Norton version.

abeyance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By abeyance

If they do another movie they should explore the grey hulk persona along with introducing the leader and possibly she-hulk. I feel this would be a nice change of pace. They already introduced samuel sterns in the 2008 version, no need to reboot because of a new actor. We're big kids and adults we understand Norton is no longer banner just like Terrance Howard is no longer Rhodie. I agree with Excast when he says the full might of hulk wasn't shown. He's supposed to get stronger with his rage and I personally didn't get that feeling as he struggled to beat abomination. The Avengers movie did excellent on that note to me. Loki was shown to nearly dominate over everyone else but against the hulk lol. Who ever works on the next movie should take note of this. Hulk doesn't have to be all about smashing. He doesn't just attack random people and even goes out of his way to help those in need some time. If they have the military going after him again put in a Gamma Corp to make it interesting along with the tanks, and helicopters to get thrown around...IN SOME PLACE THAT ISN'T NEW YORK.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#100  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

I think he just works better as a team character with the way Marvel tries to portray him. Maybe if they plan on developing Hulk/Banner in different ways (making Hulk more intelligent would be a start), then it could be a good idea. But if it's just going to be another movie of Banner running from the military and eventually turning into Hulk to fight the bad guy, I'll pass.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.