Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Need help picking my first Hulk comic

Schwertwalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello community.
    I am searching for a good Hulk comic to start with.
    I like the Bruce Banner like he was displayed in the movie The Avengers. Not like he was shown in the Ultimate Avengers. I like the smart, reasonable - not weakly and a bit of insane Bruce. But I don't know if my imagination can be found in the comics and I want to know more of the way of Bruce Banner trying to come along with his bipolar attitude and his longing to control the beast within him.

I'd appreciate some adivces on which comics I should buy and read first to get to know more about that aspect of Bruce Banner.

Thank you in advance!

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd suggest getting some of the "Essential Hulks". They are compilations of old Hulks all bundled together for a very good price. Later definitely pick up Planet Hulk and World War.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Bezza

The Platinum Definitive Incredible Hulk is a good one too, 276 pages of new and old Hulk stories...

Schwertwalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thank you very much for your help!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.