Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Must they change EVERYTHING in Marvel?

• 52 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Can't all of Marvel's characters be their usual selves at the same time for once. These constant deaths (Wolverine) , revivals (Nightcrawler) and Villain possessing hero stories (Superior Spider-man) are getting old. They feel cheap now. There seems to be no depth to them anymore. Now we have a female Thor, an old Captain America who lost the SSS , Falcon becoming the new Cap , Iron Man ultimately going back to villain status (like Civil War. World War Hulk) and now Hulk has been changed to Doc Green. This does not bode well.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk being Doc Green is probably the best thing that's happened to the character since Pak left. Compared to Aarons and Waids stale run on the Hulk this is a breath of fresh air. I say bring forth Mohawk Hulk and let him kick some ass.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

The thing is that while Marvel keeps making all these changes, they don't actually change much of anything- at least not for very long.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Comic fans are almost like an oxymoron, they both complain about lack of change and change, sometimes at the same time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: I would like it if the changes meant something. But I know as soon as Avengers: Age Of Ultron comes out, they will all be back to their normal selves.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Apparently there'll be another big announcement tonight:

"Marvel’s Joe Quesada will be making an appearance on tonight’s episode of The Colbert Report to announce a new title and an “all-new era” for one of Marvel’s heroes.

This will be the second televised announcement made by Marvel recently. The first was the announcement of a female Thor, made on The View. Considering how big that announcement ended up being, the bar is set pretty high for tonight’s Colbert Report reveal."

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Yep looks pretty cool, i can understand why fans of other characters would be upset over all of this, but as far as the Hulk goes it's the best thing that's happened to the character since Pak.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RaynorJ

@theacidskull: Yea btw have you read Savage Hulk #2, it was AMAZING. Waid should take note on how a fight between Hulk and Abomination is done properly.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By fodigg

No. Nothing is sacred and everything must be in constant flux or the books will stagnate and the industry will die. You're either taking chances and growing the readership or you're losing business. Fact.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

..Feel a bit sorry for Thor fans just now...the Hulk fan in me is feeling a bit smug, in that Thor always looked a bit like a girl (remember that classic line in "let the battle begin where Hulk said Thor looked like a girl and needed to get a haircut?!) and now he actually is a girl!

Anyway, good to hear some new things coming for Hulk. Finally things are looking up and we have another film appearance next year don't forget, with a major role for Hulk...

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Us Spider-Man/ Peter Parker fans had to endure a year of Spock...so now it's the turn of the rest of Marvel U to suffer as well.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@bezza: Thor isnt a girl

So far that's the only problem I've had with Fem-Thor. Trying to explain to people that they neither killed off Thor nor genderbent him into a woman.

Us Spider-Man/ Peter Parker fans had to endure a year of Spock...so now it's the turn of the rest of Marvel U to suffer as well.

Loading Video...

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: Ive tried so hard trying to explain hes just not worthy at the moment.

saucygiraffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94: Says who, has this ever really happened? I don't ever remember a movie release dictating the direction of a core book outside maybe a cosmetic costume change.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saucygiraffe: I knew Superior Spider-man would end close to the release of the \Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it's official - they've changed everything. We now have Superior Iron Man.

No Caption Provided
    RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94: Why do you spam the Hulk forums about it? The changes have nothing to do with him. Hulk switches personas all the time and this new one promises to be great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj: I saw no other forums about Doc Green. By mentioning the other things, it shows that Marvel are changing lots of things.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Thor isn't a girl, they just replaced Thor with some girl who will go by the name Thor. Still feel bad though lol

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94: There is a thread where you discuss the Hulk series, mentioning other characters was not needed. And than you go and say that this Hulk change is a bad thing, which is not. You wont find a Hulk fan that is not happy about it, after Waids poor run we needed this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj: I don't really like it and I am a Hulk fan. The rest was needed to show that they were not only canging Hulk but many ther characters. My main focus was on Hulk as he is my favourite, hence it is in a Hulk forum.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94 What don't you like about it? It hasn't even started so how can you judge it?

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed. These drastic changes make it feel like an alternate universe. Namely one set in bad fanfiction.

Beata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94: It's a change that the Hulk fans where asking for.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@oscars94: You obviously haven't been reading Hulk long so let me educate you a bit. Hulk is a character who can change personalities like I change pants. In his history we have Savage Hulk, Grey Hulk, The Professor Hulk, Devil Hulk, Mindless, Maestro, World Breaker, etc, etc. Change doesn't diminish Hulk, its the entire foundation of the character.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RaynorJ

@joshmightbe: Ironically Hulk is apparently his favorite character.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By joshmightbe

@raynorj: I've been a Hulk fan for 28 years (Yes I'm old) If the character having dramatic personality changes bothered me I'd have lost my mind a long time ago.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I know he changes personality every now and then. I just hope Docreen isn't Leader taking over his mind, as it's too soon after Sperior Spider-Man. He also looks too much like Ultra Humanite.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94: The second image you posted, the one that looks like Ultra Humanite is from the Savage Hulk series, not the current Hulk series and it has nothing to do with the current Doc Green. And if you read the Savage Hulk series you would now that it takes place in Hulks past and it's just a 4 issue story that will feature new writers and new stories every few chapters.

Doc Green has nothing to do with the Leader.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94: My fear of this is that they're just going to rehash the Professor Hulk, and if that is their plan I don't see why they didn't just have that personality resurface. I never had a problem with the Professor personality, but I'd prefer it if they leave Savage Bruce out of it.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I think it's just Bruce Banner taking over the Hulk, Tony implemented an extremis inside Banners brain and now because Bruce tricked Arno into running the extremis he has full control over Hulk when he transforms.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: @raynorj: Oh good, I think its Bruce taking over, kind of like Secret Wars. Interesting. In New Avengers, because of Tony tampering with his brain, using Extremis, Hulk is now speaking in full sentences.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94 said:

@joshmightbe: @raynorj: Oh good, I think its Bruce taking over, kind of like Secret Wars. Interesting. In New Avengers, because of Tony tampering with his brain, using Extremis, Hulk is now speaking in full sentences.

So basically exactly the same thing as what the Professor Hulk was intended as before the retcon, just with Extremis instead of hypnotherapy?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I'm pretty sure, they're turning the Stark/Banner rivalry up to 11. This Extremis will most certainly have negativ consequences and it'll be Stark's fault.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94: So they are rehashing an old story just leading it to a different end.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I think so but since Hulk's smart now, why would he agree to stay with the Illuminati?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94: Well if he is as smart as Banner now, then he'd be smart enough to recognize there uses. Also since Reed Richards is part of the Illuminati they probably have some kind of back up contingency for a smart Hulk. Cause as much as I can't stand Reed, he is the most intelligent person on Earth 616.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RaynorJ

@joshmightbe: Yes, but Bruce is also one of the smartest people on Earth and actually the Extremis just amped his intelligence even higher...

No Caption Provided

At the moment, guys like Richards, Star and Pym probably can't even compare...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj: I just read Original Sin Iron Man vs Hulk #2. Yep Hulk's smart again, by Banner's doing. He figured out that he could rewrite his whole biology by asking Stark's brother to change some things with Extremis. He's coming for Iron Man now, knowing full well what he's doing. I kinda like this. It fits the story.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DEGRAAF

@raynorj said:

Hulk being Doc Green is probably the best thing that's happened to the character since Pak left. Compared to Aarons and Waids stale run on the Hulk this is a breath of fresh air. I say bring forth Mohawk Hulk and let him kick some ass.

hahaha THIS!

BTW did you see the new solicits? Looks f*cking awesome !HULK VS SKAAR and the return of mindless hulk in Savage Hulk! :D

skaars back?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj said:

@joshmightbe: Yes, but Bruce is also one of the smartest people on Earth and actually the Extremis just amped his intelligence even higher...

No Caption Provided

At the moment, guys like Richards, Star and Pym probably can't even compare...

yeah but Stark and Banner were on par IMO before Tony got Extremis so Banner having extremis i wouldnt say makes him smarter than Stark or Richards but more unpredictable

@oscars94 said:

@raynorj: I just read Original Sin Iron Man vs Hulk #2. Yep Hulk's smart again, by Banner's doing. He figured out that he could rewrite his whole biology by asking Stark's brother to change some things with Extremis. He's coming for Iron Man now, knowing full well what he's doing. I kinda like this. It fits the story.

I kind of wish the y would tell a story about Banner figuring out how to use the hulk energy like Hiro-Kala did. Never transforming but still being able to use the energy in a type of energy blast or something.

RaynorD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: Actually Bruce is more intelligent than Tony if we where to talk about raw intelligence. And Extremis does not make people more unpredictable it makes them even smarter, look at what it did to the Hulk. It gave him genius level intelligence as he himself claims.

They already told that story with Zen Banner. Well kind of, but honestly i think we have had enough of Banner this past 3 years, it's time we bring the focus back to Hulk.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@oscars94: before the reboot, Captain America actually lost the SSS in the early 90s

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.