Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Mark Ruffalo: The New Bruce Banner

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By DanialCarroll
     The new Banner?
     The new Banner?
    Like most people, I wasn't that surprised when I heard that Edward Norton wouldn't be reprising the role of Bruce Banner in the coming "Avengers" movie. Every report on "The Incredible Hulk" mentioned him as being a bit of a control freak--rewriting the script and such--which certainly wouldn't sit well in a film where his character's screen-time will undoubtedly be minor. I was, however, shocked at the news that Mark Ruffalo will be taking over the role. Not that I think he's a bad actor or anything, because I don't, but because he's just not... Bruce-like

... a.k.a., this guy!
     ... a.k.a., this guy!
    Everyone knows Bruce Banner is a scrawny, nerdy scientist. That's the whole point--to contrast the Hulk's size and strength. Ed Norton certainly had the physique for the role, but I don't think he really pulled off the nerdy aspect. Mark Ruffalo on the other hand, looks like he could play a nerd... but he's not at all scrawny! Now I'm not going to play Casting Director and go into who I think should play the role, because, to be honest, I haven't even thought about it, but surely there are others out there who would suit the role more so than him.
    Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

How are they gonna explain him becoming shorter, and tanner? 
    Who I think should have been cast is: David Tennant or Sharlto Copley.
    If you don't know who Sharlto is, he's the lead in District 9.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!: I think you're spot-on with that Copley guy. He looks much closer to the Banner I know.
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By G Bird

As pissed as I was about hearing that Norton wasn't gonna be Hulk anymore, I actually like this choice. He's a good actor and I can see him as Banner. I'd still rather have Norton but Ruffalo will do.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.