Mark Ruffalo

#1 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Ever since the Avengers have been casted for their upcoming movie, I've heard positive feedback on just about everyone... Except him. Not that I'm defending him, but is there anybody out there that actually likes him for the part? If so, why?

#2 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

He seems like a perfect Banner, I'm sure he will resemble Bixby.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33968 posts) - - Show Bio

seems fine to me, although I wish they could have found away to stick with Edward Norton 

#4 Posted by Deranged Midget (17723 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Ruffalo, he's a good actor and I'll think he'll do fine.

People are just peeved about Norton but think about when he was cast, people weren't entirely sold either.

#5 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4764 posts) - - Show Bio

Edward Norton wasn't anything special. Really, he was just filler between action scenes. Ruffalo is a great actor.

#6 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12025 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe said:

Edward Norton wasn't anything special. Really, he was just filler between action scenes. Ruffalo is a great actor.

This is true but Norton personified how a small, feeble, man such as himself can turn into this massive green hulk of a monster. That's one of the reason's I liked him as Banner. I do think Ruffalo is a great actor and will do an outstanding job but he's of average height and weight (I think..) which makes it seem less special.

#7 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4764 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Edward Norton is almost six foot and his build was impressive for a geeky scientist. I think people just have an issue with Ruffalo because he has the face only a mother of five could love.

#8 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12025 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe: WOW, really? I had no idea! Haha. Then I change most of my views on the constant Hulk cast changes.

#9 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

i think ruffalo will do fine, he has that harmless nerd look to him

#10 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4764 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superguy0009e: Plus, Jennifer Garner hit it. Nerd power.

#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24946 posts) - - Show Bio

He's just got the bad luck of following a fan favorite actor. Even if he pulled off an oscar worthy portrayal some people will still bitch because Norton isn't Banner. I'm not saying whether he'll be good or bad because I like my opinions to be y'know informed and at this point we haven't seen enough of Ruffalo as Banner to know anything

#12 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe: or low self esteem on her part, either/or

#13 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Ruffalo will do fine in the role, you just wait and see... ;)

#14 Posted by _Zombie_ (10457 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hesitant. I've never seen any of his movies and his appearance as Banner seems a little off. I'll wait to see how it turns out, though.

#15 Posted by RoboShark (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm at the point with Hulk in movies to where I don't care. Once he's green in the flicks it's all "ARRRGGHHH" "RAAAAAAAA." However I'm sure Ruffalo will do something cool with the character if he was given an inch of room to.

#16 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

I have crushed on Norton since I was like 15. So I don't want no Mark Ruffalo when I should be having Eddie Norton.

#17 Posted by silverlord90 (221 posts) - - Show Bio

Norton was good and the only reason i would like to see Norton in avengers is so they don't change Hulks too often, but Ruffalo is a good choice, he is about the same height of comic Bruce and he defenitly has the looks.

#18 Posted by Greendevil (2049 posts) - - Show Bio

Ruffalo's Banner > the rest

He did great and i hope he gets a solo movie. He deserves it imo!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.