Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Looks of World Breaker

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Erkan12
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Some people believes (actually i encounter just one) that ''Shiny Eyes'' and ''Green Rays'' doesn't mean Hulk in ''World Breaker'' state. Did Hulk made this green lights before ? IIRC not until WWH series.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By green_skaar

I can't remember off hand Hulk getting green lights before, but I thought it was pretty clear Hulk only went "World Breaker" on three different occasions.

1. New York
    2. Vegas
    3. Dark Dimension

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Bezza

the shiny eyes do certainly seem to denote the arrival World Breaker!!

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The shiny eyes shouldn't be the determining factor here. After all it's the writer not the artist that decides this, Hulks display of power should be a clear sign of whether or not he is in World Breaker mode. I was once wrong when i thought WBH appeared more than a few times but @ghostravage explained to me the difference and i've come to agree with his assessment. The Hulk that fought Skaar was not WBH he did not even appear briefly as WBH there. WBH is an uncontrollable monster that appeared 3 times

1. At the end of WWH when he was causing massive quakes with his step

2. In Vegas when he was threatening to break of the continent once more

3. When he destroyed the planet in the Dark dimension.

Glowing eyes don't really tell us much(enough) here, i am not sure about Hulks eyes glowing before WWH run but i do remember his eyes turning red when he was fighting Onslaught.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@erkan12: This is a passive aggressive thread... Those "people" is me. I didn't say shiny eyes and glowing body weren't part of WBH, i meant to say those weren't determinant factors on whether it was WBH or not. Control over the state and collateral damage, along with huge amounts of energy projection seemingly impossible to moderate is what really determines World Breaker state. Shiny eyes and stuff is pure artwork and varies greatly between artists.

WBH HAS shiny eyes and glows, but those things aren't the factors that says "he's in world breaker mode" but the factors previously mentioned. I even showed you a handbook entry and a very elaborated explanation yet you keep ignoring what it says right there just for your flawed instance to make some sense.

Just for your information, Professor Hulk has been out of control before and guess what? He didn't have a green glowing body nor shiny eyes yet had the same energy projection threatening a whole city and disintegrating anything that was seemingly close to him. I could search for more instances where Hulk loses control over his mass and body to prove you artwork is NOT the factor that determines whether is WBH or not.

@raynorj Thank you.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Erkan12

@raynorj said:

The Hulk that fought Skaar was not WBH he did not even appear briefly as WBH there.

This page, right before the Skaar fight.

No Caption Provided

Last panel ; is the old couple from WWH... ''Not Again''

How many times i have to prove ?

@raynorj said:

Glowing eyes don't really tell us much(enough) here, i am not sure about Hulks eyes glowing before WWH run but i do remember his eyes turning red when he was fighting Onslaught.

Another irrevelant statement. No one said about turning his eyes ''red''.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: What issue is that from? I don't remember seeing that and i don't see Hulk anywhere so just showing me that panel alone is pointless unless you show me the full context behind it.

You asked about glowing eyes, the only time i remembered his eyes changing was when they turned red against Onslaught whether or not that helps you or tells you anything is not my problem.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I would argue that the Worldbreaker is only present when waves of force are radiating off him.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj said:

@erkan12: What issue is that from? I don't remember seeing that and i don't see Hulk anywhere so just showing me that panel alone is pointless unless you show me the full context behind it.

Incredible Hulks 610 (2010) World War Hulks Unbound

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RaynorJ

@erkan12:

Yes now that i re-read it, i see that as a number of different things adding to that quake rather than Hulk becoming WBH. I still don't believe that was WBH, when WBH appears he causes more energy and more damage just with his presence he does not need the help of a ship hitting a ground to cause massive quakes he can do it on his own while holding back in WBH mode.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Erkan12

@raynorj said:

@erkan12:

Yes now that i re-read it, i see that as a number of different things adding to that quake rather than Hulk becoming WBH. I still don't believe that was WBH, when WBH appears he causes more energy and more damage just with his presence he does not need the help of a ship hitting a ground to cause massive quakes he can do it on his own while holding back in WBH mode.

Lol, are you serious ? Or just want to be ridiculous for defending your friend ghostravage ?

No Caption Provided

Last panel shows everything including massive quakes...

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would argue that the Worldbreaker is only present when waves of force are radiating off him.

Fair enough. I can agree with that.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: I am not defending anyone i am just seeing it like it is. As a Hulk fan yourself(i presume) you should know that Hulk is quite capable of causing earthquakes by himself many times in the past before Greg Pak even got to write the Hulk and even after that. And what you showed me there is both Hulk and Skaar slamming down on the ground intentionally causing a quake. A WBH by himself while holding back caused a more devastating quake than that one so i really don't see where you are coming from here at all or what you are trying to prove really.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12:

Hey man chill! You do seem a little confrontational in some of your posts, as you have been here with RaynorJ and GhostRavage...presumably you set up this thread to encourage some discussion and debate, so are these guys not allowed their opinion? My opinion and I am not as much a Hulk expert as many on here is that green eyes and force radiating off him accompany the WB mode.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Erkan12

@bezza said:

@erkan12:

Hey man chill! You do seem a little confrontational in some of your posts, as you have been here with RaynorJ and GhostRavage...presumably you set up this thread to encourage some discussion and debate, so are these guys not allowed their opinion?

Problem is they making it purposely, denying the real proof. When you show the ''direct explanation from comic page'' other ''assumptions'' should be dead. But well, you right i should be ignoring this kind of messages.

My opinion and I am not as much a Hulk expert as many on here is that green eyes and force radiating off him accompany the WB mode.

True.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also notice that, against Full Power Sentry, WWH may used his WBH power, since his eyes shining green different than regular state of his ...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12:

I think you may be right, by the end he was going into WB level and on the previous page or so to this scan someone actually shouts out "World Breaker".

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.