Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Loeb Hulk, questions

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

..just purchased a copy of Hulk by Loeb Volume 1...I know Loeb's Hulk stories are controversial, but I have enjoyed reading them. Just got a question about Red Hulk, not having read these stories before....at the end of the second Rulk v Hulk fight, which Hulk wins after Rulk overheats, General Ross is seen standing over Rulk and saying "you failed us". Just wondered how this was possible as Ross is Rulk. Was it a clone of Ross?

Second Q, has Rulk lost that ability to drain energy, as he did from Hulk and Silver Surfer for good?

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 thedailybagel  Moderator

@bezza: I think that first one is just rulk imagining that to himself, essentially telling himself he failed.

And yes, but no. Rulk was told that if he used draining he would lose the ability to turn back into ross again, so he doesn't use it. Although I think he may have used it once since then. So in theory, can he use it? Yes. Will he? No, probably not.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel:

Thanks and I think you are right, as reading the book again there are a few "imaginings".

This is actually quite a fun book. Volume 1 gives you Hulk Vol 2, 1-12 and Incredible Hulk 600 with some other material including that comic where Wolverine imaged Hulk tore him in two.

I know a lot of people hate Rulk, but I love the way he comes onto the scene and kicks arse. Beats up on Thor, Iron Man and others....he hit A Bomb so hard, it caused an earthquake...and some DC fans will have you believe that the Hulks are not in the same power league as DC power houses!

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thedailybagel  Moderator

@bezza: I agree it's not that bad and almost everything rulk did was justified, it's just disappointing how people jump on the open force band wagon and call it PIS despite Rulk being a new character with undefined power levels.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bezza

@thedailybagel:

People who call it PIS need to read the injustice gods novels. Superman does a number on a lot of powerful characters in those books because he has gone of the rails and lacks the moral footbrake he used to have which held him back. Rulk was basically a Hulk without any moral compass and therefore not being held back as the Green Hulk is. So when he punched the watcher and beat up on She Hulk, Thor etc and killed the abomination it was simply because he didn't have anyone in his head saying "no".

..but hey, we Hulk fans are used to feats being called out as "PIS"

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Schwarz

as I said it before, people using PIS as an argument is the same as a 8 years old crying and calling something stupid just because he doesn't like it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.