Leinil Francis Yu

#1 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

When i asked the guys at Marvel on Alex In CHarge, this is what they had to say

Onto fan questions, the wonderfully named TheAcidSkull asks, "I was wondering, as i am a Huge hulk Fan, will Yu come back for The title of Indestructible Hulk? As i knew, the creative teams would remain for the most part. I know the Legendary Walt Simonson will be guest starring for a Thor arc, and after that we have yet another artist for the Daredevil arc. So will Leinil Francis Yu Come back?"
Alonso: Leinil will be back…on a top-secret project.
#2 Posted by JakeN7 (12645 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: Yay! You made my day! I was so disappointed when I heard he was leaving the book. His art really helped complement the idea around it and it definitely made it stand out. It won't even feel like the same book when he's gone, but at least he's coming back. Indestructible Hulk has consistently been my 2nd favorite book from Marvel (first being Hawkguy.) It's monthly (not bi-weekly or even weekly), has an incredible writer (one of the best), has a fresh new take on the character and his motivations, and sets up why we'd see Hulk in Secret Avengers (and ultimately the rest of the Marvel Universe) without being bogged down by events or crossovers.

Congrats on getting your question answered, as well as a complement on your username!

#3 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7 said:

@TheAcidSkull: Yay! You made my day! I was so disappointed when I heard he was leaving the book. His art really helped complement the idea around it and it definitely made it stand out. It won't even feel like the same book when he's gone, but at least he's coming back. Indestructible Hulk has consistently been my 2nd favorite book from Marvel (first being Hawkguy.) It's monthly (not bi-weekly or even weekly), has an incredible writer (one of the best), has a fresh new take on the character and his motivations, and sets up why we'd see Hulk in Secret Avengers (and ultimately the rest of the Marvel Universe) without being bogged down by events or crossovers.

Congrats on getting your question answered, as well as a complement on your username!

I know man! nothing against walt or the other guy on the daredevil arc, they are very good, but Yu's art is just too beutiful, and i and very happy he'll be back.

Thanks man! XD i was so surprised that they said that !

#4 Posted by GreenScar1990 (586 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen that question on CBR.

While I'd like to see Yu return, there are those who I'd want just as greatly, possibly even more so, to do arcs for Indestructible Hulk. And those artists are...

Dale Keown, Paul Pelletier, Olivier Coipel, Aaron Lopresti, Mike Deodato Jr., Ron Lim, Gary Frank, Andrea DiVito, Carlo Pagulayan, Jim Lee and Marko Djurdjevic.

And that's the short list. I've got tons more artists from Marvel and DC that I'd like to see work on Hulk. :)

#5 Posted by Verotikryptonite (319 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea I would love to see Keown back on the Hulk. To me he's one of the most underrated artist of all time. I personally would like to see him do a major universe wide story arc to see his unique perspective on the rest of the Marvel U. If It was up to me the only two artist I would let touch anything Hulk related would be Arthur Adams and Dale Keown. But imo Dale's is the definitive Hulk.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.