Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Is That Bruce?

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RoseFairchild

So, as I'm sure most of you have seen already, in the most recent issue of the Incredible Hulk, Hulk reverts to a normal human, who like the hulk is also bald.

No Caption Provided

Now, is this Bruce? the fact that he's completely bald combined with the fact that just like every character he's drawn different with every artist it's really hard for me to figure out if that's Banner or some new human form of the Hulk, though I'm leaning towards Banner, which actually makes me a little upset considering they just killed him last issue, coulda waited a bit longer.

Ulviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ulviar

Well, this cannot be anyone else. And of course he's bald - the Hulk is now bald too.

which actually makes me a little upset considering they just killed him last issue, coulda waited a bit longer.

Yep, I thought he would not return at least till the end of summer. Maybe this is because in AVENGERS ASSEMBLE Bendis wrote that Hulk is Bruce Banner. Bendis never checks what should happen to the character. So, after that, Aaron had to bring Banner back.

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RoseFairchild

Yah, didn't know that, haven't read Avengers Assemble.

But y'know, this might actually prove interesting as according to the eye guy Hulk isn't the monster anymore it's Banner, so hopefully they play on that for awhile before making Banner good again.

I mean it's really hard to tell if he's being good or sadistic in that panel.

Though if I'm being honest, the whole evil Banner thing hasn't sat well with me ever since this series started.

Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
    The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic

@RoseFairchild: I definitely think they are going to be playing up the evil Banner angle. I'm guessing that's what the whole "stay angry" arc is going to be about.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Deranged Midget

Why is Bruce Banner drawn to be in incredible physical shape?

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RoseFairchild

@Deranged Midget: That's another reason I wasn't sure if it was Banner.

Darcsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Darcsteel

Yeah I have to admit I'm not enjoying the whole evil banner deal. Its like saying that Bruce's sacrifice to save Rick was a mistake and they make the Hulk out to be his victim a lot. The thing that gets me is has anyone noticed that no one involved in the Hulk universe save Rick Jones gives a s*** about Bruce Banner. I mean everyone involved with the hulk couldn't care less about Bruce, (well lets not forget Jen maybe). I honestly feel sorry for the guy as the Hulk pretty much destroyed his life and in the end everyone was happy to hear he was gone. I've yet to see anything that shows the death of a tortured man who tried to contain or control the monster he transformed into because of an act of self sacrifice is something to mourn or that anyone cared for him at all.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Darcsteel said:

Yeah I have to admit I'm not enjoying the whole evil banner deal. Its like saying that Bruce's sacrifice to save Rick was a mistake and they make the Hulk out to be his victim a lot. The thing that gets me is has anyone noticed that no one involved in the Hulk universe save Rick Jones gives a s*** about Bruce Banner. I mean everyone involved with the hulk couldn't care less about Bruce, (well lets not forget Jen maybe). I honestly feel sorry for the guy as the Hulk pretty much destroyed his life and in the end everyone was happy to hear he was gone. I've yet to see anything that shows the death of a tortured man who tried to contain or control the monster he transformed into because of an act of self sacrifice is something to mourn or that anyone cared for him at all.

He is not evil, he had half his brain cut out, he's mentally damaged 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@Deranged Midget said:

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By iLLituracy

Not the greatest run on the Hulk.

It had potential. Sad to see it pan out the way it did.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iLLituracy

Also, did anyone else feel like this issue was sort of a bad nod toward Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk with that one scene where Wolverine can't tell if Betty and Bruce are fighting or doing the nasty?

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Deranged Midget

@iLLituracy said:

Not the greatest run on the Hulk.

Honestly, after the superb run that Pak had for all those years, this was just a waste of time.

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lamenoire

maybe it is just Hulk in Human form, and Banner is actually dead

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By KainScion

@RoseFairchild: you do know banner died (or the part of the brain that was banner) in hulk's hands while a nuke went off??

lightfright12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lightfright12

@Deranged Midget: I think it's a human hulk hybrid. Banners human body was destroyed but his psyche is still with the hulk. Instead of being hulk in banners body it's now banner in hulks body.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#16  Edited By Outside_85

@Deranged Midget said:

Since his scrawny body was atomized, I guess this Banner will now be using Hulk's body to Banner-out...

Am I the only one who thinks Doom will be having a great big laugh at all of this?

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Outside_85 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Since his scrawny body was atomized, I guess this Banner will now be using Hulk's body to Banner-out...

Am I the only one who thinks Doom will be having a great big laugh at all of this?

Hmm, seems incredibly stupid.

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
    Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

My God am I ecstatic (note I said ecstatic and mean it in every definition of the word) that I dropped this cockamamie excuse for a Hulk comics. Jason Aaron rocks his X-Men, but he doesn't know  his Hulks (for all I know, he's thinking they're some kind of fish or something). 

While I applaud the idea of a mad Banner, what in the name of Galactus possessed Jason Aaron to do....this? Why not have Bruce Banner span both Hulk titles and make it like a genuine Hulk-based saga or turn it into a cross-over like you see in Uncanny X-Men and Wolverine and the X-Men. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. 

Instead we get Frankenstein's rejected child and a Hulk who tries too hard to either cosplay as Hercules or thinks that going bald i the answer to all his problems (although that's the same problem I have with Colossus...is this all based on the Rulk not-having-a-'stache-therefore-I-grow-a-beard thing that started in Incredible Hulk #1/Fear Itself?) 

Just a waste of a good character, bad art only good for kid's books or bad film graphic novel re-makes/tie-ins/whatever they're called nowadays. Thank the comic Gods for Jeff Parker and his Hulk series.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#19  Edited By Outside_85

@Deranged Midget said:

@Outside_85 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Hmm, seems incredibly stupid.

Comicbook science, everything is stupid there :)

DChero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DChero

@Darcsteel said:

perfect. exactly how i feel.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By TDK_1997

That's what I asked myself when I read the issue but I think that is really Bruce Banner.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.