Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Is Sentry The Perfect Villain For a Hulk Movie?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jphulk26

It has baffled me that Marvel thinks Hulk is so unadaptable to screen. I think he´s such a great character and so rich in terms of what you can do with him. However it is true that he does lack a seriously challenging villain. However, I think the best way to go with a Hulk movie is have him face Sentry. Why?

I think he´s the greatest foil to Hulk, a superpowered schizophrenic superhero so corrupted by his own immense power that he begins to see humanity as mere ants and himself a god. At first Shield want to use him, Banner and him can even work together, but slowly he begins going mad and Banner sees this warning Shield. They don´t listen and Sentry goes on a rampage, only one being on the planet even has the remote chance of stopping him, Banner must embrace his inner beast.

Tell me that isn´t a synopsis and a half for a Hulk film. Plus it will give comic fans the closest they´ll ever see of the battle of all battles, Hulk Vs Superman. Everyone and there mother will have to watch it. What do you think?

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By X35

No.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Since they're best friends, f*ck no.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By EdBlank

I actually really like this! I am so sick of the Hulk fighting a different version of the Hulk (or anything to do with Banner's research or Gamma anything). Having a totally different character take on the Hulk sounds like great fun. Seems like the most reasonable thing to do in the first place, but what do I know.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By TDK_1997

I can't see it.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't picture it at all

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No because he would require enormous set-up just to explain his existence. are they gonna do the whole "he existed before all this, but memories were wiped" thing again? Marvel might be cocky enough to try this, but not in a Hulk movie, that's likely to be where they want to play it the safest.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#9 vance_astro  Moderator

Sentry is a superhero, so no.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I would like to see a good depiction of The Leader as an adversary for the Hulk in a potential Hulk movie. I do not think Sentry would be a bad choice but would probable take far too much set up to be pratical.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.