Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Is Marvel Lying about Planet Hulk after Avengers 2?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEGRAAF

I think they are going thru with the Planet Hulk story still. Maybe they wont ship him off at the end of Avengers 2 but if you look at the rock giant in the new Thor: Dark Worlds trailer he looks exactly like one of the warbound from Planet Hulk (Korg). (watch the last 20 sec of video to see who im talking about)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Flopsop200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: Oh shit man good find! I didn't even notice that. If they do it I doubt it will be because the heroes send him off world. Probably the villain will do it to remove him from the equation. Also they would probably change some things to allow Ruffalo some more screen time as Banner but that's not a bad thing.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DEGRAAF

@flopsop200: @theacidskull:

Im assuming you guys have read the Planet Hulk story but I think it would work bc as you probably know Hulk and Banner work together to survive so he we wouldnt be getting a one liner type hulk, this would be Hulk with the mind of Banner giving Ruffalo plenty of dialogue and there were a few times where Hulk reverted back to being Banner while on planet Sakaar. I think it would work having an intelligent Hulk and a hand full of scenes of Ruffalo as Banner.

Thats a good point too (about Ultron sending him away) but then that gives him little reason to come back for World War Hulk. I could see it coming up later that the Illuminati were actually behind it though. 2019-2020 is a long time to try and cut a deal with Fox if they chose they want Xavier and Reed Richards in the movie (they could easily create the illuminati without them though)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@degraaf: No they aren't because they're not going through with it. The whole reason Hulk has seen a surge in popularity is because of Mark Ruffalo's portrayal of Bruce Banner. To go through with Planet Hulk requires more of a focus on Hulk and this would reduce Ruffalo's role in the film greatly. He doesn't even voice Hulk. So I sincerely doubt Marvel would take go in that direction.

As for the stone man looking like Korg, he's part of a race that showed up in the first appearance of Thor in Journey into Mystery #83 - The Stone Men From Saturn! which was the first appearance of The Mighty Thor. Korg was confirmed to be part of that same race in Planet Hulk and the filmmakers have already said that the stone man is an Easter egg to the first Journey Into Mystery rather than a hint to Planet Hulk. Hope that helped!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

As far I as know anything regarding a Hulk movie (be it Planet Hulk or not) is just rumor at this point. Disney/Marvel hasn't announced or confirmed anything. Therefore I fail to see how they could be lying.

So unless I missed some announcement...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

They couldn't fit planet Hulk into one movie without completely gutting the story.

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
    Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: That makes zero sense. Casual movie goers could give a rats a$$ about Banner, they pay to see Hulk smash. So a movie would not be hampered by a fanboy's love of Banner in the least. So I could see a planet Hulk movie without a Banner do quite well at the box office. Banner's great but not needed. Not even a little bit

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its awesome that they put kronans in the movie on a side note I really find it funny that a lot of people think the kronans were first introduced in planet hulk but I don't see this as a prelude to a planet hulk movie at al to be honest

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

That guy gets the gold for quickest KO lol

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JonSmith

Given how much of Ruffalo they've integrated into his Hulk, even if Banner doesn't appear very much in a Planet Hulk movie, Ruffalo's still going to be the main character of the Hulk movie. I'm pretty sure he did mocap for Hulk in the Avengers, along with the facial stuff. And from what I've seen of him in interviews, Ruffalo doesn't strike me as the kind of dude who does this for the big bucks and having his face plastered all over the screen. Like Karl Urban in Dredd, I don't think Ruffalo would have a great issue with appearing as himself very little, as long as he still gets to perform, act, and entertain.

So, that all being the case, a Planet Hulk movie COULD work with Ruffalo, whereas it could NEVER work with, say, Edward Norton playing Banner.

That said, while I would LOVE to see a Planet Hulk movie, I highly doubt they'd do it. I kind of think the Kronan in the trailer was just an easter egg for old Thor fans.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe:

They could easily fit it all into one movie. It is essentially a sci-fi variation of Gladiator

@fallschirmjager:

You're correct they havent announced anything but they have their marvel movies planned out to 2021 and Planet Hulk would be part of Phase 3 if the original rumors were to be true but Marvel denied them. But that could just as easily be because they dont want Phase 3 announced yet.

@lvenger:

A rise in popularity of the hulk is still a rise in popularity of the Hulk whether it is bc of Ruffalo or Hulk. I agree he is a big part of what made the Hulk good but between the rise in popularity and Hulk being part of Avengers 1 and 2, you dont think that would be enough for them to dump 200 million into the greatest Hulk story of all time? Besides Ruffalo being great, they made the hulk better in the Avengers movie.

i've read planet hulk at least 20 times now :P

But thing is Banner has to actually appear, unlike in the book where banner was bottled up, sure in the end they worked together but it was gravage hulk who was in control in the end :P

They decided early one in that arc that the only way to survive was to allow Hulk to be in control and work together. They did show Banner testing his human form once or twice during the series as well as showing his human form to Ceiara. The were working together the whole time but you are right, it wasnt until they both decided they could be happy on Sakaar that they were truly in unison and thinking as one. They could easily show 3-5 min scenes of s would be plenty over a 2 hour movie with Ruffalo 's persona enty over a 2 hour movie with Ruffalo's persona in Hulks body. I know this isnt a scientific varification backing my theory but if you go look up Avengers best Hulk moments they are all the Hulk. Now im not dumb they are most likely just compartmentalized between Hulk and Banner which is why when you type in Hulk it doesnt come up with Banner.

I knew they weren't created for Planet Hulk but it is a coincidence

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@degraaf: Planet Hulk is a much more involved story than Gladiator, a trilogy of movies would be the only way to do it without making anything over stuffed, part 1 would end in the defeat of the Red King, part 2 ends after Hulk has become king and then the bomb goes off then WWHulk is part 3.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I dont disagree with you that that would be the best way of going about it but i think they could send him off at the end of Avengers 2 or even show his dismissal during opening credits. Show his story over the movie plot (of course) and easily have the the ship blow up at the end, Then during the Opening Credit of Avengers 3 or a Hulk Sequel show his return to earth and WWH.

I dont think there would be any issue doing the whole arc in one movie.

Flopsop200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Flopsop200

@degraaf:

@degraaf said:

@joshmightbe: I dont disagree with you that that would be the best way of going about it but i think they could send him off at the end of Avengers 2 or even show his dismissal during opening credits. Show his story over the movie plot (of course) and easily have the the ship blow up at the end, Then during the Opening Credit of Avengers 3 or a Hulk Sequel show his return to earth and WWH.

I dont think there would be any issue doing the whole arc in one movie.

Agreed. 3 or even 2 movies would just be bloated. Give it a solid 2 and a half, MABEY 3 hour run time. That would be enough time to do the arc justice.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I totally saw the Kronan!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: It is certainly the best Hulk story of all time but that doesn't mean it would translate well into film. Ruffalo's role would be severely limited and it would require multiple films to flesh it out properly. This would deprive Hulk of a chance of appearing in the Avengers. I'd much rather have a Hulk film that gives Ruffalo a chance to expand his role as Bruce Banner along with some Hulk hijiinks. It's mainly Ruffalo's portrayal of Banner that has made Hulk more popular, not Hulk's short appearance in Avengers. Planet Hulk cuts out the main influence that has made Hulk popular. Would you really want Planet Hulk at the expense of everything that has made this version of the Hulk popular?

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Bruce Banner isn't what made Hulk popular in Avengers. It was Hulk being portrayed correctly and being allowed to smash some baddies that got the attention of the fans. While it is true that Ruffalo's Banner was perfect, if you'd taken Hulk out of the film, I can more than bet that people wouldn't have been as interested.

Now as for a live-action adaptation of 'Planet Hulk', I think it can and will be done. Not yet, but sometime in the future. 2.5-3 hours in length should get all of what transpired in the comic series into a film. But first we need a few Hulk and Avengers sequels to lay down the foundation for a cinematic version of 'Planet Hulk'.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I gotta disagree with you on this one. Yes Ruffalo was great but all the best hulk moments were of the Hulk not Banner. The arc has little bits of Banner shown from time to time and could easily put a few more scenes with Banner in it. The whole thing that would make this work is Hulk and Banner working together as one. I dont think a Planet Hulk would cost anything at the expense of of the current version of the Hulk.

Would i like to see a Hulk movie that allowed Banner a chance to expand? Yes

Would i rather see Planet Hulk played out in 1 movie and Avengers 3 or a Hulk sequel be WWH ? ABSOLUTELY

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf said:

@lvenger: I gotta disagree with you on this one. Yes Ruffalo was great but all the best hulk moments were of the Hulk not Banner. The arc has little bits of Banner shown from time to time and could easily put a few more scenes with Banner in it. The whole thing that would make this work is Hulk and Banner working together as one. I dont think a Planet Hulk would cost anything at the expense of of the current version of the Hulk.

Would i like to see a Hulk movie that allowed Banner a chance to expand? Yes

Would i rather see Planet Hulk played out in 1 movie and Avengers 3 or a Hulk sequel be WWH ? ABSOLUTELY

Tell me, if Hulk's portrayal was limited to those appearances, would he have been anywhere near as popular as if Ruffalo hadn't portrayed him in the other scenes? The correct answer is no. Planet Hulk would be extremely detrimental to Hulk's current cinematic potential. A Planet Hulk film would go against what's been making Hulk popular, most eminently Ruffalo's screen time and chance to develop the character. Hulk is about the monster and the man and Planet Hulk focuses too much on the monster to work in a film. I'm sorry that you'd rather see a Planet Hulk film but the ultimate truth is that it wouldn't work just yet given how Ruffalo has portrayed him. Also, really? Avengers 3 as WWH? You'd rather have that than an Avengers vs Thanos throwdown?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Tell me, if Hulk's portrayal was limited to those appearances, would he have been anywhere near as popular as if Ruffalo hadn't portrayed him in the other scenes? The correct answer is no. Planet Hulk would be extremely detrimental to Hulk's current cinematic potential. A Planet Hulk film would go against what's been making Hulk popular, most eminently Ruffalo's screen time and chance to develop the character. Hulk is about the monster and the man and Planet Hulk focuses too much on the monster to work in a film. I'm sorry that you'd rather see a Planet Hulk film but the ultimate truth is that it wouldn't work just yet given how Ruffalo has portrayed him. Also, really? Avengers 3 as WWH? You'd rather have that than an Avengers vs Thanos throwdown?

The Avengers interpretation of the Hulk is more human than the previous ones. Did Ruffalo make him a better character and make fans want to come see him? Yes. He made me interested in seeing him but you cant disagree that they got Hulk right this time compare to the last two movies.

The whole movie would be based on the relationships Hulk has and coming to an understanding with Bruce. Im saying they can give him screen time in the movie even. I wouldnt necessarily say that (WWH over Thanos Throw down) but to have Thanos come to Earth i think it would be best to get all of Marvels characters involved (i would like to see Hank Pym and Reed Richards shown in a film joined with the Avengers against Thanos) . I would like to see Thanos searching for his first Infinity gem on Earth.

i'm F*cking tired of Hulk fans saying how Hulk smashing was what made Hulk good in the Avengers. tell me this, would the " I'm always angry" scene work without banner? no. it was the build up and the execution of banners role that made seeing hulk SMASH so good, why don't people get this?

In the 2003's Hulk movie banner was boring as hell, and hulk did a lot of smashing there, but it didn't work did it? because you can't have hulk without banner, same way you can't have spider-man without peter parer, if you don't understand this, then i'm sorry, you just don't get the hulk. And even in Planet Hulk where banners appearances were really limited, it was thous few little cameos that served a big meaning in The later issue and the World War hulk Event.

Ruffalo did an amazing Job and some hulk fans should just oh i dunno maybe suck it up and accept the fact that Ruffalo was the 60% reason why it worked out so well. Don't get me wrong, i\d tear my pants from happiness if they decided to do planet hulk but it's gonna have to be in a way thet would give ruffalo some integral appearances. and I agree with JonSmith, Mark isn't the kind of guy who wants to plaster his face everywhere, so as long as he gets the part he is fine with performing, he just wants to have fun, so i guess it could work. but still, there are many other ways do go around this.

I'm not saying that at all because i agree Ruffalo made the Hulk a better character. Do i think another actor could have dont that scene just as good? Yes

Yes i agree those limited appearances by Banner made the story better which is why i say they should have those in the movie and maybe add a few more if they can fit in nicely. I am not saying do a Bannerless Hulk movie. I am saying they can make a Planet Hulk Movie with both in it and make it just as meaningful (even if it isnt 50/50 between Hulk and Banner)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lvenger

@degraaf: Fox own the rights to Fantastic Four so Reed showing up is still out of the question for now. And including Ruffalo in Planet Hulk would detract a lot from the story of Planet Hulk itself with its supporting cast and expansive plot. Having Ruffalo in there too wouldn't help the pacing of the story IMO.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DEGRAAF

@lvenger: Yeah but it wouldnt take much to have Reed (and Professor Xavier) taken out of the story. I dont think it would detract from the story at all. He would need to be in the movie anyways for the small parts Banner does have in the story and they could show Banner missing home, distraught by the fact that his "friends" sent him off never to be heard from again, as well as seeing the beauty in the foreign planet and his anger towards the Hulk blaming him for the situation they are in.

@theacidskull: lol agreed.

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I've gotten the Hulk since before you were born kid,believe that. A misunderstood monster hunted and hounded in the vein of Frankenstein. Ang Lee's Hulk sucked because there was to much Banner. You think what made the Hulk epic in the Avengers is one petty line of dialogue by Banner? The Hulk was epic in the Avengers because he had someone to hit , Thor and the chitauri along with A loony toons beat down he gave a smug Loki, the way he revived an unconscious Stark. Then you compare that with Ang lee's wannabe Godzilla Hulk fighting the military in a movie that was over saturated with to much Banner? Come on guy, really ? Ang lees Hulk looked like Scoobie doo CGI as well, WHO COULD TAKE THAT SERIOUS?

Avatar image for worldbreakerhulk
    worldbreakerhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By worldbreakerhulk

that was one of the korg's brothers from planet hulk

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dum529001

Its far too early for Planet Hulk. Hulk has a lot of history that lead up to where he currently is.

I like Planet Hulk stroy line but I appreciate other Hulk stories as well. I'm willing to wait.

With all of the smashing and other stories that Hulk gets into, I really don't mind waiting for Planet Hulk at all.

Hulk is far more than just one storyline.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dum529001

@verotikryptonite said:

@theacidskull: I've gotten the Hulk since before you were born kid,believe that. A misunderstood monster hunted and hounded in the vein of Frankenstein. Ang Lee's Hulk sucked because there was to much Banner. You think what made the Hulk epic in the Avengers is one petty line of dialogue by Banner? The Hulk was epic in the Avengers because he had someone to hit , Thor and the chitauri along with A loony toons beat down he gave a smug Loki, the way he revived an unconscious Stark. Then you compare that with Ang lee's wannabe Godzilla Hulk fighting the military in a movie that was over saturated with to much Banner? Come on guy, really ? Ang lees Hulk looked like Scoobie doo CGI as well, WHO COULD TAKE THAT SERIOUS?

I agree. Hulk htting stuff is always cool.

You know how they could solve the problem of timeshring between Hlk and Bruce Banner? Give Bruce a reason to turn into the Hulk. Give Hulk a reason to resist.

Hulk versus the world. Everybody is out to get the Hulk in one way or another. Hulk runs into a lot of random superhero stuff he wasn't looking for. Use that!

The one thing you can count on the Hulk to be is unpredicatble!

Give the nuclear frankenstein a true reason for being.

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Verotikryptonite

@theacidskull said:

@verotikryptonite said:

first of all, chill. second of all, You could be reading Hulk for 50 years and still not have a clue on him, if you don't analyse what you read, then it doesn't make you an expert. This is not directed at you mind you, just saying.

where did i mention That ang Lee's Hulk was good? i'll wait. tell me please. i specifically said Banas Banner sucked.

What made hulk cool in the avengers is the combination of hulk smashing and banners amazing dialogue.

i don't know what's your agenda against banner but without him there is no Hulk, and the Is no banner without hulk. that's a fact.

Well wait no more. You compared the Hulk from Ang Lee's Hulk to the Avengers Hulk. I was just pointing out the absurdity of comparing the two for obvious reasons. And what makes you're insight into the Hulk more relevant than say the next fan ? I'm waiting. Iv'e said this before and I'll say it again, perception is unique to the individual. And why do you think I hate Banner? When did I say I hated him or have a problem with him? We've had 3 + years of the Incredible Banner. Forgive me for wanting more of the Incredible Hulk. I figured since you were able to comprehend the complexity of Waids incredibly thought provoking literature you would have caught that, my mistake.

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verotikryptonite said:

@theacidskull said:

@verotikryptonite said:

first of all, chill. second of all, You could be reading Hulk for 50 years and still not have a clue on him, if you don't analyse what you read, then it doesn't make you an expert. This is not directed at you mind you, just saying.

where did i mention That ang Lee's Hulk was good? i'll wait. tell me please. i specifically said Banas Banner sucked.

What made hulk cool in the avengers is the combination of hulk smashing and banners amazing dialogue.

i don't know what's your agenda against banner but without him there is no Hulk, and the Is no banner without hulk. that's a fact.

Well wait no more. You compared the Hulk from Ang Lee's Hulk to the Avengers Hulk. I was just pointing out the absurdity of comparing the two for obvious reasons. And what makes you're insight into the Hulk more relevant than say the next fan ? I'm waiting. Iv'e said this before and I'll say it again, perception is unique to the individual. And why do you think I hate Banner? When did I say I hated him or have a problem with him? We've had 3 + years of the Incredible Banner. Forgive me for wanting more of the Incredible Hulk. I figured since you were able to comprehend the complexity of Waids incredibly thought provoking literature you would have caught that, my mistake.

you are talking to me as if i'm trying to compete with you on this one. i'm not. i'm just saying that i like banner as much as the hulk and i don't understand why so many people complain about him, i didn't say " The should Be More Banner and Less HULK!" did i? i said that they their appearances should be balanced.

also using ang lee's hulk as an example is still valid. the movie was bad i we can easily see why it was bad.Banner was Boring was hell but hulk wasn't anything special either, because well despite the mashing that wasn't really hulk on screen, just some green man.

and chill. again. We've Had hulk alone on the Pages as well, Now waid wants to have banner, some writer will come a long and bring back the Hulk again, i'm fine with either because l like both(planet hulk being my favorite story, which means that having hulk lead is fine). Hulks personality isn't dead anymore(which to be fair was up until....issue 8), but saying that waid sucks and has no idea how to write and that Jason Aarons run was better is something i can't understand.

Once again I never and will never defend Aarons run. What I said was I think the battle between the Hulk,Thing and Wolverine was more impressive than Waid's entire run. And you will have to forgive me for the utter disdain I feel for Waid. He suck's. Not everyone is willing to wait 30+ issues for this joke of a writer to get to the point. And that will more than likely be his swan song to the title. It's obviously just a paycheck to this guy, and the Hulk deserves better than that . Maybe you're content with Waid doing his best Bruce Jones impression, but I'm not. And for the record I like you Acid. Don't know how the hell this devolved into a pissing contest, but I do respect you and you're opinion, But to quote the Hulk , I want more.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once again I never and will never defend Aarons run. What I said was I think the battle between the Hulk,Thing and Wolverine was more impressive than Waid's entire run. And you will have to forgive me for the utter disdain I feel for Waid. He suck's. Not everyone is willing to wait 30+ issues for this joke of a writer to get to the point. And that will more than likely be his swan song to the title. It's obviously just a paycheck to this guy, and the Hulk deserves better than that . Maybe you're content with Waid doing his best Bruce Jones impression, but I'm not. And for the record I like you Acid. Don't know how the hell this devolved into a pissing contest, but I do respect you and you're opinion, But to quote the Hulk , I want more.

Ha it's pathetic to see you make a defence of one disgraceful scene over Waid's brilliantly written Hulk run. For someone who's been a Hulk fan for so long, this is an absolutely poor judgement right here. If you honestly think Waid writes Hulk for the paycheck and Aaron's wasn't, then you have no right to make judgements on what's good writing or not. Any scene from Waid's run with strong characterisation, meaningful and interesting changes to the status quo and excellent stories is worth 10 times anything from Aaron's run. It's better than what we have been getting Hulk wise. The fact remains that you want more Hulk when it's Banner and the conflict he has with himself that is so much more important than the Hulk. Besides, you're getting the Hulk in this recent story. What more could you want? It really is laughable to see you cut off your nose to spite your face on this awesomely different Hulk run and to see you whine and moan like some grumpy old fashioned hypocrite.

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Verotikryptonite

@lvenger said:

@verotikryptonite said:

Ha it's pathetic to see you make a defence of one disgraceful scene over Waid's brilliantly written Hulk run. For someone who's been a Hulk fan for so long, this is an absolutely poor judgement right here. If you honestly think Waid writes Hulk for the paycheck and Aaron's wasn't, then you have no right to make judgements on what's good writing or not. Any scene from Waid's run with strong characterisation, meaningful and interesting changes to the status quo and excellent stories is worth 10 times anything from Aaron's run. It's better than what we have been getting Hulk wise. The fact remains that you want more Hulk when it's Banner and the conflict he has with himself that is so much more important than the Hulk. Besides, you're getting the Hulk in this recent story. What more could you want? It really is laughable to see you cut off your nose to spite your face on this awesomely different Hulk run and to see you whine and moan like some grumpy old fashioned hypocrite.

The Hulk had 29 words of dialogue in issue 13. Banner's consciousness has been copied and pasted into a tin can. You call me old fashioned and almost in the same sentence call Waids current Hulk impressive. The Only Hulk Waid has shown thus far is my Father's Hulk, and I'm 35. You Think Waid is on the Hulk long run ? I doubt his run last more than 10 to 15 more issues. That's a little over half the time he's been on the book wasted for whatever pathetic denouement this guy's building up to.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I still think an Indestructible Hulk movie would make more sense.Also Marvel just bought the rights back for Daredevil. This storyline needs to happen!

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RaynorJ

I think people are either overly pessimistic or overly optimistic about Waids run. I am also guilty of this, but still some of Aarons issues had more fun and Hulk awesomeness than any Waids current ones in fact they are pretty much non-existent. And i think that is truly sad considering how bad Aarons run overall was. I still say Waid should have been given a solo Banner run no Hulk whatsoever not even an appearance just have your Incredible Banner run where he proves how smart he is, because apparently that's a top priority now, stimulating Banners ego.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DEGRAAF

I dont pay attention to who's writing the books (probably should) but i liked it better when Hulk has full conversations and strategy and character instead of a dumb brute. I believe thats why people love World Breaker Hulk and Green Scar bc he is the best of both worlds. All the other Gamm powered heroes and villains retain their intellect. It is ridiculous to think that Banner wouldnt have solved this by now (specially since he has) but they keep reverting him back to this ogre for some reason. Banner and Hulk had come to an agreement and are willing to help one another and be more like one person. No story represents that better than Planet Hulk.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.