Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Is hulk gonna be in Avx?

• 65 results
    DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By DATNIGGA

I mean Red hulk is dieing cap needs some more heavy hitters &...

you see hulk on the front of the books & wanda had a dream...

No Caption Provided

what do you think?

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Nudeviking

So does that mean we get a revived Wasp also? She was also in Wanda's dream. Can we get Mark I Iron Man also...with roller skates of course?

gethere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By gethere

@DATNIGGA: He is supposed to show up in the event at some point, from future covers although they aren't exactly good sources, it looks like he might appear by issue #10 or # 11.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DATNIGGA

@Nudeviking: Lol good point

@gethere: true but..

No Caption Provided

he shows up here as well

gethere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gethere

@DATNIGGA: Yeah, as I said issue 10 or 11 that that is a variant of issue 11

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
    Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

3 words summarize the possibility of his appearance. Fat ****ing Chance.

So far Red Hulk's been busting his @$$ trying to stop Colossu-naut, Iceman, Kid Gladiator and gosh knows how many other characters. All the while though Greeny goes out drinking, hot tubbing in a super volcano and having random blackouts all over the place (I blame narcolepsy, regardless of the whole Banner thing). Skaar maybe will wave to us in a panel o something, but his dad? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

(and if you think I'm joking about Hulk drinking, here's my proof)

No Caption Provided
    Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hareil0079

only time will tell

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By X35

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: BUT HULK'S AN AVENGER IN THE MOVIES IT'S SO CONFUSING COZ HE ISN'T ONE IN THE COMICS OMG WTF MARVEL

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#10  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Where is Green Hulk now anyway?

Avatar image for assassinhighbird
    AssassinHighBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By AssassinHighBird

He better be f****** in AvX.. Red Hulk might be his subsitute, but hes NO hulk! But IF he does appear in this series, I will be ABSOLUTELY siked to see whats in store for him

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DATNIGGA

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

3 words summarize the possibility of his appearance. Fat ****ing Chance.

So far Red Hulk's been busting his @$$ trying to stop Colossu-naut, Iceman, Kid Gladiator and gosh knows how many other characters. All the while though Greeny goes out drinking, hot tubbing in a super volcano and having random blackouts all over the place (I blame narcolepsy, regardless of the whole Banner thing). Skaar maybe will wave to us in a panel o something, but his dad? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

(and if you think I'm joking about Hulk drinking, here's my proof)

No Caption Provided

Ah yea i read that comic hahaha but hulk is just relaxing & he has every right to do so after being trapped inside of banner for all his life & everytime he gets out the military & thunderbolt ross & his hulk busters makes his life very difficult for so many years... he deserves a vacation lol

Red hulk is a ok substitute but nothing beats the original especially in times like these

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@X35:

Remember, he got mad in issue 2 of the original Avengers and ran off like a baby. At least Cap got his place and the team was semi-solid afterwards for several years.

But now Greeny's on screen, so everyone wants him instead of Big Red, even though Ross is the one who's been doing the work. Chances are, IF Red is kicked out of the Avengers or Cap lets him off of his "community service" early, Incredible Hulk will be there to immediately take the spot again for the sake of newbie film induced fans.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By X35

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Gulk could never beat Rulk as an Avenger.

Hulk takes charge
    Hulk takes charge
    Hulk takes charge
    Hulk takes charge
    Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@X35:

(Hulk you mean. Gulk wore a suit and ran Vegas for 5 months lol)

True that. :)

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By X35

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: No... Gulk is Green Hulk. He's a silly copy of the real Hulk who as we all know is red but Gulk has green skin. ;)

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DATNIGGA:

Okay, taking a break is one thing. Another is when he says "Screw everybody" and just goes all native and junk. Maybe go back to working with the Incredible Hulks or something, or trying to connect with his kids instead of pretending like it's The End saga thing or something (the one where Banner dies and Hulk grows a beard).

Red Hulk is A Hulk, not THE Hulk. But so far he's much more of a team player than we'll ever see Bruce Banner's Hulk be. If we ever see his join, it's because the Phoenix Five blows up his house or something, not because he felt obligated to do so.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@X35:

*dies laughing*

;P

Rulk fans unite!

(will chant this for years until more people join the Rulk fan club)

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DATNIGGA

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: but the im pissed "Screw everybody" mentality is what hulk is all about.. he adds flavor to the team because hes indifferent rulk takes orders like a good soldier just like the rest of the random avengers in the background.... but hulk complements there personality's

you got thor hes all courageous and confident

you got spiderman the joking dude all the time

wolverine the serious pessimistic killer

ironman the logical right hand man

cap the serious leader

& hulk the defiant guy with the attitude

it makes things more fun..

also one thing about hulk is since day one he has always wanted to be alone.. that has been robbed of him his entire life until now.. let him have some alone time you would want the same if people kept bothering you all day. but up until recently he doesn't want to be that way anymore this could lead too him rejoining the avengers

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DATNIGGA:

With Rulk taking control in place of Cap when he's gone (evidence seen when Rulk takes action and control), maybe he'll be the soldier to replace Steve Rodgers if he decides to retire from Avengers leadership.

Having a Hulk as a leader would be pretty cool (and make up greatly for Rulk's last team stint with The Offenders).

No Caption Provided
    VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By VenomousDragon

Rulk sucks, he is a lame weak copy of good old big green.

I never want to see "gulk" again he is the hulk, everyone else gets altered names not the original.

I hope hulk makes an appearance, the avengers could use his help but then again im not even reading this event, havent bought a single issue :P

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@VenomousDragon:

What have you read from the Rulk series to support that claim?

And remember, the Jeph Loeb stuff was almost 3 some years ago.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#24  Edited By Teerack

Well considering this was a promo for AvX

No Caption Provided

and this cover

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#25  Edited By Lvenger

If he shows up in AvX, it completely wrecks the continuity established in Aaron's Hulk series. CIS to be blunt. And then I shall rally everyone on here who hates this **** move by Marvel and together we shall march upon the fortress that is their office building and demand that they stop putting out events every year and focus on building events up in individual series instead! Then comes world domination... oh wait that's later.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheAcidSkull:

Don't worry about it. :P If you think this is bad you should see the wars I go through in the Jurassic Park T-Rex vs. Spinosaurus videos on Youtube.

But one reason I bring up whenever a not so nice person hates on Rulk is that Big Green was hated when he first appeared because he was so unstoppable and strong. The same thing happened to Rulk with Jeph Loeb.

I guess if we wait 30 years maybe people will start fanning him like with Green Hulk...?

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By VenomousDragon

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope:

Rulk sucks: Opinion doesnt need to be backed up with fact

Rulk is weaker: Hulk has better feats, thats the end of that.

Rulk is lame copy: Hur dur lets take hulk and make him red derp, Its an exceedingly unoriginal idea thus making him a lame copy.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By Kallarkz
    @VenomousDragon said:

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope:

Rulk is a weaker: Hulk has better feats, thats the end of that.

Rulk is lame copy: Hur dur lets take hulk and make him red derp, Its an exceedingly unoriginal idea thus making him a lame copy.

Your colorful language (which I assume is an attempt to show stupidity of the idea of creating Rulk) is actually something that better suits the Green Hulk. 
    Rulk sucks: He actually contributes a lot more to the Marvel Universe than Gulk. (I actually like that name for him) 
    Rulk is weaker: His base strength is much higher than Hulks and he has the same ability to increase it as Hulk to indeterminate levels. The only difference is the means. 
    Rulk is a lame copy: Yes it's true that Rulk and Gulk have similar powers/transformations, but over the years Rulk has distinguished himself from Gulk countless times. Just like Kaine is beginning to do in Scarlet Spider (although he is more of a copy since he is an actual clone of Peter Parker).  
    Rulk does more and has a much more interesting purpose than his counterpart. I will agree that I would have preferred him to have a more interesting origin story...but nevertheless it does not change the fact that his book (since Parker has been on it) has been one of my more looked forward to purchases of the month. 
    Rulk grows and changes and his book has an actual purpose.
    VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By VenomousDragon

@Kallarkz said:

@VenomousDragon said:

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope:

Your colorful language (which I assume is an attempt to show stupidity of the idea of creating Rulk) is actually something that better suits the Green Hulk. Rulk sucks: He actually contributes a lot more to the Marvel Universe than Gulk. (I actually like that name for him) Rulk is weaker: His base strength is much higher than Hulks and he has the same ability to increase it as Hulk to indeterminate levels. The only difference is the means. Rulk is a lame copy: Yes it's true that Rulk and Gulk have similar powers/transformations, but over the years Rulk has distinguished himself from Gulk countless times. Just like Kaine is beginning to do in Scarlet Spider (although he is more of a copy since he is an actual clone of Peter Parker). Rulk does more and has a much more interesting purpose than his counterpart. I will agree that I would have preferred him to have a more interesting origin story...but nevertheless it does not change the fact that his book (since Parker has been on it) has been one of my more looked forward to purchases of the month. Rulk grows and changes and his book has an actual purpose.

Rulk is weaker: Stats<feats, hes weaker thats it.

Rulk hasnt had the time to contribute to marvel U That hulk has and because of that Hulk has contributed more and is actually a marvel icon so i dont know why you would even bring that up. No matter how much Rulk distinguishes him self from Hulk he will always be in Hulks shadow, for an example if you show someone a picture of hulk they will reply "look its hulk" if you show them a picture of Rulk the will reply "look its a red version of hulk", not exactly but more or less.

Rulk is a lame copy:He is a copy, the lame part is more of an opinion. Hulks origin isnt great but atleast it original, while Rulks also isnt great and is unoriginal.

I dont read Rulk or Hulk for that matter. I will admit that Rulk is a better avenger but he will always play second fiddle to Hulk.

My opinion is Hulk>Rulk

your's isnt I doubt we are going to change are opinion's no mater how much text we pump out so Why dont we stop while we are ahead :)

Flopsop200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Flopsop200

Where are you getting your facts? Red's Strength doesn't increase as he gets angry, he just gets hotter. I will concede the Red Hulk book is currently better than the Incredible Hulk book and it's a shame. The copy Hulk gets to run around with Hulk's supporting cast doing pretty cool things. While Jason Aaron (An awesome Wolverine writer btw) takes what Peter David and Greg Pak did with the character and throws it out the window. He doesn't get the character at all. On a side note, it'd be great if the green guy made an appearance in AvX.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Kallarkz
    @VenomousDragon said:

@Kallarkz said:

@VenomousDragon said:

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope:

Your colorful language (which I assume is an attempt to show stupidity of the idea of creating Rulk) is actually something that better suits the Green Hulk. Rulk sucks: He actually contributes a lot more to the Marvel Universe than Gulk. (I actually like that name for him) Rulk is weaker: His base strength is much higher than Hulks and he has the same ability to increase it as Hulk to indeterminate levels. The only difference is the means. Rulk is a lame copy: Yes it's true that Rulk and Gulk have similar powers/transformations, but over the years Rulk has distinguished himself from Gulk countless times. Just like Kaine is beginning to do in Scarlet Spider (although he is more of a copy since he is an actual clone of Peter Parker). Rulk does more and has a much more interesting purpose than his counterpart. I will agree that I would have preferred him to have a more interesting origin story...but nevertheless it does not change the fact that his book (since Parker has been on it) has been one of my more looked forward to purchases of the month. Rulk grows and changes and his book has an actual purpose.

Rulk is weaker: Stats<feats, hes weaker thats it.

Rulk hasnt had the time to contribute to marvel U That hulk has and because of that Hulk has contributed more and is actually a marvel icon so i dont know why you would even bring that up. No matter how much Rulk distinguishes him self from Hulk he will always be in Hulks shadow, for an example if you show someone a picture of hulk they will reply "look its hulk" if you show them a picture of Rulk the will reply "look its a red version of hulk", not exactly but more or less.

Rulk is a lame copy:He is a copy, the lame part is more of an opinion. Hulks origin isnt great but atleast it original, while Rulks also isnt great and is unoriginal.

I dont read Rulk or Hulk for that matter. I will admit that Rulk is a better avenger but he will always play second fiddle to Hulk.

My opinion is Hulk>Rulk

your's isnt I doubt we are going to change are opinion's no mater how much text we pump out so Why dont we stop while we are ahead :)

Of course he has more feats he has been around much longer. I simply made the mistake that we would actually be using facts in this argument instead of "that's it" 
    You obviously have not been reading his book then if you believe he is leaving no impact on the Marvel Universe. What has Hulk been accomplishing? 
    Unoriginal? Explain to me how he became to be Rulk and compare it to others who have experienced undergone the same thing.  
    " I dont read Rulk or Hulk for that matter. " That basically makes most of what you are saying pure unfounded hate with almost to no actual facts or experience to back it up.
    The intent behind my answering you is not to change your opinion rather to debate "facts" you are attempting to present to put Rulk in a bad light on a public forum.  

Your entire argument seems to be based on "he's a copy". Other than they look similar and have similar abilities I'm not quite sure what else you are basing that argument on. 
    They are 2 different characters who do different things and think differently. 
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kallarkz
    @Flopsop200 said:

@Kallarkz

Where are you getting your facts? Red's Strength doesn't increase as he gets angry, he just gets hotter. I will concede the Red Hulk book is currently better than the Incredible Hulk book and it's a shame. The copy Hulk gets to run around with Hulk's supporting cast doing pretty cool things. While Jason Aaron (An awesome Wolverine writer btw) takes what Peter David and Greg Pak did with the character and throws it out the window. He doesn't get the character at all. On a side note, it'd be great if the green guy made an appearance in AvX.

I would like you to search my post for where I wrote that as Rulk gets angrier his strength increases. 
    Yes I am aware that you couldn't find it. I wrote that their strength increases by  different means. 
    Rulk can increase his strength when he absorbs certain types of energy. 
    Flopsop200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Flopsop200

lol because that happens all the time. That's like when Hulk absorbs gamma or Superman Fly's into the sun to recharge. I didn't realize plot device's were powers. Hey did you know that when Wolverine doesn't have and adamantium skeleton he heals faster? When Xavier uses Cerebro his telepathy is stronger. When Batman prepares he's almost unbeatable,

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Kallarkz
    @Flopsop200 said:

@Kallarkz

lol because that happens all the time. That's like when Hulk absorbs gamma or Superman Fly's into the sun to recharge. I didn't realize plot device's were powers. Hey did you know that when Wolverine doesn't have and adamantium skeleton he heals faster? When Xavier uses Cerebro his telepathy is stronger. When Batman prepares he's almost unbeatable,

So you skipped admitting you were wrong to now discussing the consistency with which my correct point occurs. 
    It's a known power that he has used on a number of occasions. 
    Whether or not you like it or not or wish to compare with others abilities is beside the point. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say that Hulk should be in AvX. Although Rulk is a better team player, HULK IS THE STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!!!! And everyone cut the GULK $&£& he's the frickin' Hulk! Despite liking Hulk more I would love to see him fight alongside Rulk in AvX. Let's face it, with the Phoenix Five running about the place showing off their power,we need the Hulk around to make sure the Avengers aren't totally incinerated. Did you see what Phoenixclops did to Thor. ODIN'S BEARD!

Flopsop200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Flopsop200

@Kallarkz:

I acknowledged you were right. I also acknowledged it's a plot device more than a power. Sorry let me be more clear, I implied those things. If he carried and energy source on his back that he habitually pulled from to increase his strength then we could pretend that ability matters.

Example: Pyro can manipulate fire so he wears a suit that makes fire for him to manipulate. He does this all the time.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Kallarkz
    @Flopsop200 said:

@Kallarkz:

I acknowledged you were right. I also acknowledged it's a plot device more than a power. Sorry let me be more clear, I implied those things. If he carried and energy source on his back that he habitually pulled from to increase his strength then we could pretend that ability matters.

Example: Pyro can manipulate fire so he wears a suit that makes fire for him to manipulate. He does this all the time.

what exactly is your point? 
    I stated that Rulk can increase his strength by absorbing energy (A fact) 
    You said he doesn't gain strength when he is angry (Also a Fact) 

Now we are discussing plot devices and Xavier and Pryo. 
    This has nothing at all to do with the topic or the main point of my post and is a discussion for another thread.  
    Find one about plot devices and I will be happy to discuss it there with you. 
    Flopsop200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Flopsop200

@Oscars94:

I dunno Cyclops would probably do the same to Hulk..........and that would make me sad.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kallarkz said:

@VenomousDragon said:

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope:

This x 100

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Here it shows Hulk asking Cap to let Rulk on the team , as he wants to solve some personal problems. (This is not long after the events of World War Hulk). He needed a replacement with considerable power (not so much as Hulk).

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#41  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I still hate the idea of Rulk being an Avenger. Marvel's taking all of their good villains and turning them into anti-heroes/good guys... -__-

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By TDK_1997

We need Wasp back.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TDK_1997:

Give her abilities that don't bore me to death and I'll read even the lowest trash that Bendis (or whoever will handle her) can come up with.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Oscars94:

During that time I think Banner was starting the descent into the insanity that Jason Aaron gave him later on in the relaunched series. Plus, as evident in YEARS of comic history, Bruce and Hulk hate being on teams. Heck, he hated leading a "family" so you can imagine his reaction if anybody tried to get him to rejoin the Avengers again. Plus I think he wanted to punish Ross even more and have him learn the ropes by following the example of Cap, the one person Rulk would go all puppy dog for (outside of Annie the LMD and Betty of course).

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By Pyrogram

I want Hulk back, Rulk is a poor poor avenger in my books.

LitosWay357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#46  Edited By LitosWay357

Being a loner serves Hulk's character better anyway. i was hoping he would stay away from this avx story

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Fifthchild

@Kallarkz said:

@VenomousDragon said:

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope:

Your colorful language (which I assume is an attempt to show stupidity of the idea of creating Rulk) is actually something that better suits the Green Hulk. Rulk sucks: He actually contributes a lot more to the Marvel Universe than Gulk. (I actually like that name for him) Rulk is weaker: His base strength is much higher than Hulks and he has the same ability to increase it as Hulk to indeterminate levels. The only difference is the means.

Theres zero to indicate his base strength is higher than Hulks. His base strength appears to be the same standard Class 100 level as Hulk, Herc, Thor etc.

Rulk no longer has the ability to augment his powers either - he hasn't had his energy draining abilities for some time.

Anyway apart from all that Rulk has become a pretty good character and i dont hate him. In fact he is probably my favourite of all the Hulk spinoffs at this point. Skaar has potential but he hasn't had as good a run out on his own away from the main Hulk book as Parker has given Rulk. Still Marvel tried to establish way too many spinoff characters in way too short a period of time and made them too similar to the actual Hulk. At least Rulk had a cool power....for a while.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Fifthchild:

Marvel will probably ret-con the loss of the absorbing ability in future titles. But for now, old Rulk still has his heat generation. *still hopes for him to breath fire in the future*

Avatar image for samuel_larson_10
    samuel_larson_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By samuel_larson_10

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

@DATNIGGA:

With Rulk taking control in place of Cap when he's gone (evidence seen when Rulk takes action and control), maybe he'll be the soldier to replace Steve Rodgers if he decides to retire from Avengers leadership.

Having a Hulk as a leader would be pretty cool (and make up greatly for Rulk's last team stint with The Offenders).

No Caption Provided

the very idea of a team called the offenders hurts me inside. Painfully.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samuel_larson_10:

It hurts us all. Even me a dedicated Rulk fan hates what Jeph Loeb did in that arc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.