Indestructible Hulk thread=dead.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

farewell, bruh.

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

One of Marvel's best titles right now. The direction that Waid is taking Hulk/Bruce Banner in is extremely refreshing, and I hope it stays this way for an extremely long time.

#3 Edited by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

Making a review on Indestructible Hulk #4 that's gonna be up shortly, but so far I love the title and where Waid is taking this character; to a once anxious Banner to more a confident, self-controlled personality; after intense practice to confine the green monster inside him. Hoping to see Waid expand on the Hulk mythos!

#4 Posted by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Leinil Yu really leaving the title, or is that one of the rumors going around 'cause of all the other writers and artists leaving their current series? Really digging the covers on all the issues so far!

#5 Edited by boostergold321 (301 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini said:

Making a review on Indestructible Hulk #4 that's gonna be up shortly, but so far I love the title and where Waid is taking this character; to a once anxious Banner to more confident, self-controlled personality after intense practice to confine the green monster inside him. Hoping to see him expand on Hulk mythos, such as the new story arc beginning in this issue and his fight with the lord of Atlantis.

Controlling the Hulk is not the point. Hulk will NEVER be "under control". The Hulk can NEVER be "tamed". Bruce Banner has just finally decide to stop running from the Hulk, coming to accept the fact that he'll never be rid of it and chasing a cure when there is none is pointless. Banner's just doing the best he can to help the world with his scientific know-how and make up for the destruction hulk can/will/does cause and even when he is the Hulk, pointing himself like a cannon and go smash where it will do the most good.

If the Hulk was "under control" or "tame" then he wouldn't be the power incarnate, uncontrollable man-monster we know and love. Doing so would be the same as cutting off a man's "you-know-what" or like de-clawing and de-fang a wolf. A man is not a man without his "you-know-what" and a wolf isn't the same ferocious animal we know it to be without its fangs and claws. Make the Incredible Hulk controllable and he ceases to be "the Incredible Hulk". Who would read a Hulk comic if he was tame? The answers is: NO ONE!

#6 Posted by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

@boostergold321 said:

@ckuakini said:

Making a review on Indestructible Hulk #4 that's gonna be up shortly, but so far I love the title and where Waid is taking this character; to a once anxious Banner to more a confident, self-controlled personality; after intense practice to confine the green monster inside him. Hoping to see Waid expand on the Hulk mythos!

Controlling the Hulk is not the point. Hulk will NEVER be "under control". The Hulk can NEVER be "tamed". Bruce Banner has just finally decide to stop running from the Hulk, coming to accept the fact that he'll never be rid of it and chasing a cure when there is none is pointless. Banner's just doing the best he can to help the world with his scientific know-how and make up for the destruction hulk can/will/does cause and even when he is the Hulk, pointing himself like a cannon and go smash where it will do the most good.

If the Hulk was "under control" or "tame" then he wouldn't be the power incarnate, uncontrollable man-monster we know and love. Doing so would be the same as cutting off a man's "you-know-what" or like de-clawing and de-fang a wolf. A man is not a man without his "you-know-what" and a wolf isn't the same ferocious animal we know it to be without its fangs and claws. Make the Incredible Hulk controllable and he ceases to be "the Incredible Hulk". Who woul dread a Hulk comic if he was tame? The answers is: NO ONE!

Nicely said bro ^, but what I was trying to get to was that Banner - like you said - has come to terms with his inner self depicting a more confident and self controlling Bruce than the anxious, fragile Bruce we were so used to see.

anyway, here's my review on THE INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK: http://www.comicvine.com/indestructible-hulk-/37-387258/user-reviews/?review_id=35320

#7 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice exp Booster :)

#8 Posted by God_Spawn (38139 posts) - - Show Bio

I tried giving the first couple issues a shot, but I have dropped the series now. Nothing against Waid as a writer or Hulk as a character, just not my cup of tea.

#9 Edited by JakeN7 (12743 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini said:

Is Leinil Yu really leaving the title, or is that one of the rumors going around 'cause of all the other writers and artists leaving their current series? Really digging the covers on all the issues so far!

Walt Simonson is supposed to be taking over shortly. I'm very annoyed at this because, while I think Simonson draws just fine, his style is way too cartoony. It's just going to be so jarring of a change from Yu to Simonson. Won't even feel like the same book.

This was his variant cover for issue #1
His cover for issue #7
His cover for issue #8

Anyways, art changes aside, Indestructible Hulk is currently my second favorite Marvel series right now (first would be Hawkeye.) I love the fresh take on the character, and the focus on Hulk as a weapon, and Banner as a semi-arrogant genius with a competitive spirit is great. The book is also a lot more humorous then I thought a Hulk book could ever be.

#10 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I'm really not looking forward to Simonson's art...

#11 Posted by GreenScar1990 (602 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I enjoy the story focusing on Bruce Banner, I'd like to see things from Hulk's point of view. I'm hoping for the Green Scar incarnation that Pak used so brilliantly during his tenure on the Hulk to appear. But so far, we've been given a Hulk that feels... restrained.

I mean, let's be a little honest here, fellow Hulk fans. Hulk hasn't really cut loose and smashed in the manner that Pak, David or Mantlo have allowed him to do in their runs. I just want a Hulk that can really smash and cut loose, both physically and verbally. Is that asking too much?

And we have yet to see Mark Waid truly test and prove that Hulk is indeed the Strongest One There Is in the entire Marvel Universe. I mean, Hickmen shown that a mind-controlled Savage Hulk can draw blood and match the new Hyperion, who kept two planets from colliding and survived the destruction of two universes (and what made this all the sweeter is that Hickmen stated that Hulk was the strongest/most powerful/durable out of all the heroes, which is saying something when your teammates are the likes of Hyperion and Thor).

In some ways, I envy the fact that Jonathan Hickmen wasn't chosen to write Indestructible Hulk. But I'm glad they made him the top choice for Avengers, which is one of my favorite titles right now.

#12 Posted by 2ndKentucky (23 posts) - - Show Bio

I have really been enjoying the series so far, especially his time as Bruce Banner and the process of selecting his lab staff and his work with SHIELD. One of the coolest things I feel I have found in the issues so far is the swagger that Bruce shows. I am a bit of a new reader to the Hulk, so this may be one of his character traits that I haven't picked up on yet, but it is a really cool thing I have noticed.

#13 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

I tried giving the first couple issues a shot, but I have dropped the series now. Nothing against Waid as a writer or Hulk as a character, just not my cup of tea.

@GreenScar1990 said:

As much as I enjoy the story focusing on Bruce Banner, I'd like to see things from Hulk's point of view. I'm hoping for the Green Scar incarnation that Pak used so brilliantly during his tenure on the Hulk to appear. But so far, we've been given a Hulk that feels... restrained.

I mean, let's be a little honest here, fellow Hulk fans. Hulk hasn't really cut loose and smashed in the manner that Pak, David or Mantlo have allowed him to do in their runs. I just want a Hulk that can really smash and cut loose, both physically and verbally. Is that asking too much?

And we have yet to see Mark Waid truly test and prove that Hulk is indeed the Strongest One There Is in the entire Marvel Universe. I mean, Hickmen shown that a mind-controlled Savage Hulk can draw blood and match the new Hyperion, who kept two planets from colliding and survived the destruction of two universes (and what made this all the sweeter is that Hickmen stated that Hulk was the strongest/most powerful/durable out of all the heroes, which is saying something when your teammates are the likes of Hyperion and Thor).

In some ways, I envy the fact that Jonathan Hickmen wasn't chosen to write Indestructible Hulk. But I'm glad they made him the top choice for Avengers, which is one of my favorite titles right now.

Every writer has his interpretation, Mark waids seems to be very Keen on banner, which is a good thing, sure it's great to have both key elements, but to be honest I don't really mind the fact that banner is shown to use his brain more.

Mark waid is doing great so far and i doubt he'd show hulk off in the very first issue lol, so i'm sure he's got something awesome planned.

#14 Posted by God_Spawn (38139 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: That just broke my heart yet made me laugh uncontrollably for a good minute.

#15 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@TheAcidSkull: That just broke my heart yet made me laugh uncontrollably for a good minute.

I'm the best there is at what i do....and what i do is break peoples heart and make them Laugh! maybe even both at the same time!

Wow! a wolverine quote in a hulk Thread? this can't be good......

XD

#16 Posted by boostergold321 (301 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm the best here is at what I do... and what i do is inner monologues.

#17 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

Some new Hulk Stuff:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=44182

June Solicits.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=15613

preview for issue 6.

#18 Posted by Lvenger (20864 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the best Marvel Now titles. Waid's breathed fresh life into the Hulk and changed things up for the better. Yu's artwork is excellent too. I do hope he comes back. But I can live off Waid's awesome storytelling for now.

#19 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

One of the best Marvel Now titles. Waid's breathed fresh life into the Hulk and changed things up for the better. Yu's artwork is excellent too. I do hope he comes back. But I can live off Waid's awesome storytelling for now.

exactly my though! :D

though i'm sure a few arcs are ok just so we could give Yu a break :D

#20 Posted by TDK_1997 (15007 posts) - - Show Bio

The title is great and it is definitely one of the best to come out of Marvel NOW!

#21 Posted by fACEmelter88 (613 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this series but I miss the Hulk and his personality from the previous volume (bearded version that was separated after Fear Itself wish he got some face time)

#22 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

@fACEmelter88 said:

I love this series but I miss the Hulk and his personality from the previous volume (bearded version that was separated after Fear Itself wish he got some face time)

you can't be serious about aarons run. If you want hulk with a personality, i'd recommend anything with David, or Pak.

#23 Posted by GreenScar1990 (602 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: Or Bill Mantlo. :)

#24 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

@GreenScar1990 said:

@TheAcidSkull: Or Bill Mantlo. :)

YES! So Hyped for crossroads!

#25 Edited by GreenScar1990 (602 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: You skipped Pak and David's legendary tenures, didn't you? :)

#26 Posted by GreenScar1990 (602 posts) - - Show Bio

EXCLUSIVE: A first look at Walter Simonson's "Indestructible Hulk" #7 pages

#27 Posted by Lvenger (20864 posts) - - Show Bio

@GreenScar1990: David's yes. Pak's no although I only followed it online.

#28 Posted by Lvenger (20864 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: Why don't you post your big news in here mate? Would be fitting after all ;)

#29 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@TheAcidSkull: Why don't you post your big news in here mate? Would be fitting after all ;)

It's a separate thread :P

#30 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

When i asked the guys at Marvel on Alex In CHarge, this is what they had to say

Onto fan questions, the wonderfully named TheAcidSkull asks, "I was wondering, as i am a Huge hulk Fan, will Yu come back for The title of Indestructible Hulk? As i knew, the creative teams would remain for the most part. I know the Legendary Walt Simonson will be guest starring for a Thor arc, and after that we have yet another artist for the Daredevil arc. So will Leinil Francis Yu Come back?"
Alonso: Leinil will be back…on a top-secret project.
#31 Posted by GreenScar1990 (602 posts) - - Show Bio

#32 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18060 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91300 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk needs a new costume.

Moderator Online
#34 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18060 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I just pre-ordered issue #6 on Midtown. It'll coming in right at my foot steps Wednesday morning :)

#36 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I just pre-ordered issue #6 on Midtown. It'll coming in right at my foot steps Wednesday morning :)

Awesome :D

#37 Edited by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

@reefermadness said:

Lol, I know..I went to my LCS today and Aquaman #18 somehow wasn't there! So I decided to put my money in my credit card and get the issue online and through comixology (so I can review it) and order Indestructible Hulk along with . I actually have the online comic open right now, jus never peaked through it yet. Watching G.I. Joe on FX right now and don't wanna get distracted when I'm reading and reviewing.

I never witnessed a Hulk vs Thor showdown yet, and very anxious to see how it goes down!

#38 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@reefermadness said:

Lol, I know..I went to my LCS today and Aquaman #18 somehow wasn't there! So I decided to put my money in my credit card and get the issue online and through comixology (so I can review it) and order Indestructible Hulk along with . I actually have the online comic open right now, jus never peaked through it yet. Watching G.I. Joe on FX right now and don't wanna get distracted when I'm reading and reviewing.

I never witnessed a Hulk vs Thor showdown yet, and very anxious to see how it goes down!

well since it is by waid i am sure it'll be awesome.

#39 Edited by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

well since it is by waid i am sure it'll be awesome.

That's what I'm thinking. Mark definitely knows how to story tell, I'm just hoping he'll get Hulk's feats right and on point, and not de power him in some ways, more so over power Thor. But again, it's Hulk's title so it's most likely gonna be a good fight. Either a super intense stalemate, Hulks win, or Thor wins super close fight.

Again, I never seen a Hulk vs Thor battle besides the battle forums (very biased forums) and a few scans, so I'm seriously have no clue how this will turn out. And as for Thor, I don't think I ever opened up a comic of his besides the ones of his cameos and appearances on Avengers - really enjoyed the movie though!

#40 Edited by Vance Astro (91300 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

Not really. I mean it's better than the purple pants but barely.

Moderator Online
#41 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: Well it's more for banner than hulk and Yu's Design is amazing :), i am happy with it, and i like the old school look too.

#42 Edited by Vance Astro (91300 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@vance_astro: Well it's more for banner than hulk and Yu's Design is amazing :), i am happy with it, and i like the old school look too.

Yea, I'm not really into either look. I'm quite fond of this one with the utility belt and the trunks though...

Moderator Online
#43 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: That was an awesome look, not to mention with Pauls awesome art.

#44 Posted by Billy Batson (58209 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

Did you reply to yourself? O.o

BB

#45 Posted by Vance Astro (91300 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

@vance_astro said:

Did you reply to yourself? O.o

BB

Yea, by accident.

Moderator Online
#46 Edited by Vance Astro (91300 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@vance_astro: That was an awesome look, not to mention with Pauls awesome art.

That should be his "default" instead of the purple jeans...nobody dresses like that. Time for practical costumes in 2013.

Moderator Online
#47 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: yeah, probably, the Age of Purple pants has faded. But since currently waid focuses on Banner, it would explaon why he is wearing a Armor. it's more for banner than hulk, Example:

Hulk can breath underwater, banner can't, so the Armor has a devise that always banner to speak and breath underwater.

#48 Posted by Vance Astro (91300 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@vance_astro: yeah, probably, the Age of Purple pants has faded. But since currently waid focuses on Banner, it would explaon why he is wearing a Armor. it's more for banner than hulk, Example:

Hulk can breath underwater, banner can't, so the Armor has a devise that always banner to speak and breath underwater.

Oh, I know why he's wearing the armor I'm just not fond of the design.

Moderator Online
#49 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18060 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by NaffyDuck (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the armor just because of all the comments that come from other characters about it. I'm not sure about the next arc as well, I'm sure it will be awesome but Simonson's art is just so drastically different from Yu's. I think I'd like to see Dustin Weaver do an arc on Indestructible, purely because his Hulk scenes in Avengers #8 were my favourites.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.