Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Indestructible Hulk: The return to a mindless Hulk?

gravage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gravage

Having just finished Indestructible Hulk #1, I'm incredibly disappointed in the return of a mindless Hulk. Was that really necessary, Marvel? Peter David and Greg Pak perfected a Hulk that was capable of dialogue and character development and then Incredible Hulk just ends abruptly and we get this with no explanation? It's like a broken record. Give him intelligence for a while, then take it away. Give it back, then take it away. I was hoping we had evolved past the stupid Hulk days, that it was a permanent change. I should have known by the way he was popping up in Avengers Assemble and X-Men as mindless, this was going to happen, but I was hoping it was just writer inconsistency.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

We don't know if that is mindless Hulk, he didn't speak but the fight scene had to be pretty short as a lot of the comic was spent talking.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Lvenger

@gravage: @guttridgeb: I believe Waid said that he would write Hulk's intelligence depending on how angry he is. So if he's really angry like he was in Indestructible Hulk 1 then he doesn't talk much. When he's calmer, he speaks more. That's what I read in one of his interviews anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

@Lvenger: Cool thanks, I didn't see that interview :)

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By reignmaker

They're going to make him mindless so it's more in keeping with the Avengers movie.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Ferrignotize that fool.

"RAAAAAAH!!! BETTYYYYYY!!!"

I want Ferrigno TAS Hulk screaming as my ringtone.

verbaleuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By verbaleuan

If so, THANK GOD THIS IS THE HULK I KNOW AND LOVE!!!!

he is Banners inner child and so only has a child's mind

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefered his personality during World War Hulk and the following series. He's still a rage monster but atleast he can talk! The TV show Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes got the Hulk right!

Abattoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Abattoir
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

still can't fault the art work

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HushoftheWind

@Oscars94: i made a thread asking what was the Best rendition of Hulk, i agree, Earth's Mightiest Heroes Hulk was a great Hulk. Probably the Best Hulk there is.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Reignmaker

They're going to make him mindless so it's more in keeping with the Avengers movie.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By TDK_1997

From what I know I think that Hulk won't be mindless.He will be talking but not much.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lvenger

@TheAcidSkull said:

@TDK_1997 said:

From what I know I think that Hulk won't be mindless.He will be talking but not much.

this !

Waid even confirmed the Hulk would be talking. He just said that his speech would be determined by how angry he was.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By TDK_1997

@Lvenger said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

@TDK_1997 said:

this !

Waid even confirmed the Hulk would be talking. He just said that his speech would be determined by how angry he was.

Well,that's good!

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@lvenger

@theacidskull

Hulk's anger depends on if he speaks or not. Yeah, that makes sense... not! Hulk got plenty ticked during Greg Pak and Peter David's tenures, yet still managed to smack talk. I'll be creating something soon that explore Waid's run thus far, pros and cons. Be on the lookout for it!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: Well I hope you aren't as rude about it as you were to the man in person. Be on the lookout for me picking you up on your flaws in that post of yours. Or would you rather go against what the writer said? Besides you're overlooking the fact this is a different version of Hulk. This isn't the Green Scar or the Worldbreaker, it's more of a return to a Savage/Gravage type of Hulk. Thus he won't act the same as he did before. That may seem like regression to you but to me it's perfectly fine, especially after Aaron's bad run.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#20  Edited By Teerack

The writer has said a few times that the hulk will be different every time he transforms depending on the circumstances of the transformation.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have to agree with previous posters Oscars94 and HushoftheWind.

EMH's Hulk IMO, is the best rendition to date. He's still a raging beast, but he can talk and actually has a personality...that's the one I like best.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dum529001

@lvenger:

Hulk didn't just start talking during Greg Pak's run on the Hulk.

The Hulk has always talked.

Hulk has never been a mute. He has a personality.

Hulk is rage monster but what makes him even more entertaining is the things he says while he fights that reflect what kind of person he is.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: Hulk is my 7th favourite comic book character. Of course I know he talks. What I'm saying is that this isn't the talkative Professor Hulk or Green Scar version of the Hulk. This is a less chatty version of the Hulk. Also I refer to you to this comment

@teerack said:

The writer has said a few times that the hulk will be different every time he transforms depending on the circumstances of the transformation.

So relax, Hulk will still get a chance to talk in the future. Just let Waid tell his story. Banner's doing enough talking in the issue anyway.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fifthchild

If you are waiting to see Hulk speak....then 6 might be the issue for you.

And those first words.... o_O

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GreenScar1990

@lvenger: What you call rude, I call being direct and providing positive critism. Anyways, I'm enjoying the series and hope for the best. I can only hope that Mark Waid delivers.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
    thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First Words: HULK IS WORTHY...Freaking Awesome

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: Trying to get Waid to write Hulk as an god like character who beats heralds, Thanos and Galactus for breakfast is being a tad rude I'm afriad. He's already said he can't and won't write an uber powerful version of the Hulk so you're out of luck there already.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@greenscar1990: Trying to get Waid to write Hulk as an god like character who beats heralds, Thanos and Galactus for breakfast is being a tad rude I'm afriad. He's already said he can't and won't write an uber powerful version of the Hulk so you're out of luck there already.

Darn it :P

It was in his conversation with the greenscar. Don't you remember that thread where Waid said he wasn't up to writing Hulk at the level the greenscar was suggesting? It doesn't mean we won't get some impressive Hulk feats, just not the ones greenscar was hoping for.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GreenScar1990

@lvenger Are you insane?! I didn't say Hulk should beat Galactus!!! And just so you know, Hulk can match Thanos or one of Galactus' Heralds in a fight, dude. That's nothing new. Hulk can hang and has with gods like Thor & Herc, cosmic beings like Thanos and Surfer. You're putting words in my mouth! Positive critism is not telling anyone how to write, nor is being direct with a writer. We buy comics, therefore we are the customers, and as such we should give feedback for the products we purchase.

Positive critism, no matter how blunt, helps writers become better.

You don't like my approach?

Fine.

Don't care.

Deal with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.