Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7765 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Ignorance concerning the Hulk's abilites.

• 148 results
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#101 JediXMan  Moderator

@teerack said:
    @jedixman said:

@jj62 said:

@kgb725: I do still think Superman would win, because of his speed. Not strength though.

So you think that Hulk will start every fight at "infinite" status, rather than his base level that he usually has to work with?

Interesting.

I like this post, because you assume talking about the end of a fight is talking about the start of a fight.

That's not what I said. OP said that Hulk would eventually be stronger than Superman as the fight goes on. I say that their base level of strength is different enough that Hulk would not reach that level by the end of the fight. I said as much in my other posts.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@jedixman: I think Hulk is strong enough to challenge (not match) Superman at base strength. And his strength level will grow over time and he would be able to match or overpower him physically. Hulk is durable enough to survive Superman's punches, he has taken a god blast from Thor without being KO'd. A blast from Galactus too.

Because Hulk is around Thor level strength at base, which is enough to challenge but not overpower Supes.

I think Hulk would last a long time against Superman, he has shown durability feats that would conclude he can take the punches. He is strong enough to contend with but not beat him physically. Over time I do think he would reach that level or maybe surpass it.

That doesn't matter though, because Supes can revert to using his incredible speed and would beat him that way.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#103  Edited By Saren

@jj62 said:

Hulk is durable enough to survive Superman's punches, he has taken a god blast from Thor without being KO'd.

What on Earth? When has this ever happened? Ever?

And please don't get me started on "taking a blast from Galactus....."

Phew, this thread is making Hulk fans look ridiculous.

They don't really need the help.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@jj62 said:

@jedixman: I think Hulk is strong enough to challenge (not match) Superman at base strength. And his strength level will grow over time and he would be able to match or overpower him physically. Hulk is durable enough to survive Superman's punches, he has taken a god blast from Thor without being KO'd. A blast from Galactus too.

Because Hulk is around Thor level strength at base, which is enough to challenge but not overpower Supes.

I think Hulk would last a long time against Superman, he has shown durability feats that would conclude he can take the punches. He is strong enough to contend with but not beat him physically. Over time I do think he would reach that level or maybe surpass it.

That doesn't matter though, because Supes can revert to using his incredible speed and would beat him that way.

The speed isn't the only thing that will help Supes against Hulk.His Heat vision,freeze breath and other powers he has will be a lot of help to him in a fight against the Hulk.

And I have a question for you:
    When has Hulk taken a blast from Galactus and survived?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad9d72d64170
    deactivated-5ad9d72d64170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@jj62: It is not only his anger, any stress such as danger, threat or pain increase his strength.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: Fear Itself, Thor shoots a god blast at Hulk and angles it in such a way that it sends him way upwards, but he was still awake and still alive. Of course a god blast is more powerful than Superman's punches, a Superman punch wouldn't knock him like that.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: Secret Wars #9, Hulk takes a cosmic eye blast from big G and survives.

Anyways I agree with you that the heat vision and freeze breath would help a bit too, but the deciding factor would be Superman's Flash level speed. That's just something Hulk can't compete with.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj62 said:

@citizenbane: Fear Itself, Thor shoots a god blast at Hulk and angles it in such a way that it sends him way upwards, but he was still awake and still alive. Of course a god blast is more powerful than Superman's punches, a Superman punch wouldn't knock him like that.

Not only was that not a godblast (the godblast has a specific and noticeable setup; namely that Thor holds the hammer out, usually does a chant, and then fires a blast straight out like this:).......

No Caption Provided

......but that was an upgraded version of the Hulk. Really, what exactly drove you to believe that was a godblast? It's never stated or even implied as such and the lightning pyrotechnics are something Thor does all the time.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By JJ62

@citizenbane: I thought it was due to the fact that Thor's normal lightning hadnt had the same effect on Hulk. That, and on another thread on here a Thor fan said it was. I'm no Thor expert so I took him at his word.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By JJ62

None of this is me being a fanboy, there is just a tremendous amount of folks on CV who hate Hulk and then ignore and discredit things he has actually done and has the ability to do. In order to support their cause...I am willing to be completely reasonable and give the opposing characters their due. No one does that when they're supporting the side opposing Hulk in a debate....folks just discredit his abilities in order to suit their purpose.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj62 said:

@citizenbane: I thought it was due to the fact that Thor's normal lightning hadnt had the same effect on Hulk. That, and on another thread on here a Thor fan said it was. I'm no Thor expert so I took him at his word.

Lots of Thor fans will say lots of stuff about lots of things; do your own research. Thor's normal lightning has, in fact, one-shotted Hulk in the past, but Hulk has also withstood it in the past as well; comic books by their very nature are inconsistent.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By TDK_1997

@jj62 said:

@tdk_1997: Secret Wars #9, Hulk takes a cosmic eye blast from big G and survives.

Anyways I agree with you that the heat vision and freeze breath would help a bit too, but the deciding factor would be Superman's Flash level speed. That's just something Hulk can't compete with.

I see.

Well of course that Superman's speed is one of the biggest factors but the heat vision shouldn't be underrated like most people think.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least Hulk's ongoing book isn't complete utter shit. I'm looking at you Action comics and Superman. Though I must admit I'm excited by Superman Unchained.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By dum529001

@jj62:

What's Superman going to do???? The only thing he has over Hulk is flight. What's he going to do..... fly at Hulk? He just going to take a punch to the face rushing in like that.

If Superman uses flight as his major asset in this fight, he'll be using it to run away because it won't actually guarantee his victory.

How does Superman have better speed when it comes to striking???? Hulk has shown more impressive striking, so how can Superman outpace him??

People don't like giving honest answers to this stuff. Even thinking about this stuff makes people feel bad for not worshiping Superman like he's an almighty god that no one can match or surpass.

I'm not saying who wins a fight based on what certain people want to hear.

This fight isn't much different than Hulk vs Thor (although Thor is more difficult than Superman due to his hammer, the hammer being the power of Asgard incarnate).

And of course Superman is able K.O. Hulk (Hulk can get knocked out) but destroy him? No way!

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: Hm...I sort of agree. Butthe heat vision would suffice as a distraction, but you see I've seen Hulk withstand similar heat vision type things. So, yes I would help and it would play a factor. But not AS BIG of a factor as the super speed.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: No. He can't destroy him.

Look man, this isn't me hating on Hulk. This isn't me lowballing, this is just truth. In a fight Hulk generally can't react to the likes of Spider-Man and Wolverine. While Superman can and has reacted to the Flash.

Superman has FTL combat speed, and it has been shown in the comics. There is nothing in the comics that supports your claim that Hulk has FTL combat speeds.

That's not lowballing, that's not me being a hater. That's just the plain truth.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj62:

Superman generally can't keep up with Toyman, Lex Luthor and every other lame DC villian.

I can lowball too.

There is a distinction to be made when and Hulk and Superman fight characters who are not on their level frequently. Both of them fight differently when their opponent is not on their level and if they didn't do that, the lower level characters would die instantly.

Hulk has fought just about everyone in the MU. He's smashed plenty. Why? Because of his gamma-powered muscles.

The truth of Hulk's combat speed is .....

Hulk is fueled by nuclear power(forces of atomic destruction).

And nuclear power is this.....

Rupturing atoms at their core = gamma rays= Light-speed or faster than light-speed travel = The theory of relativity( E= mc²)

Muscle power is all about the speed of muscle contraction. Muscles put out power by stretching and then rapidly shortening like rubber bands.

Hulk hits with the force of a nuclear arsenal. His muscle contractions move at the speed of light or greater to do that, because of the atom smashing forces that he's fueled by, known as gamma-rays,

Because of this, the writers don't have to directly state Hulk's speed when he's really cutting loose with his striking/thrusting. .

The nature of gamma rays speaks for itself. Constantly stating Hulk's speed would just be redundant.

And of course, Hulk's muscle and skeletal tissue and all his other body tissues are built with the durability that is necessary to withstand putting out such great forces. If he couldn't, his body would fall apart.

You're not only low-balling Hulk by ignoring facts obvious facts about his power, you're also low-balling everyone in the Marvel Universe because all are judged by how they compare to the Hulk in battle.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By JJ62

@dum529001: I'm not ignoring anything about him. I have had extensive reading from both Hulk and Superman...(not so much Thor, but I do have a firm grip on what he's capable of) and frankly Hulk has never moved at FTL speeds you speak of. His combat speed and reaction times are sub Spider-Man level. That's not lowballing, that's fact.

Superman can't keep up with Luthor and Toyman?? I don't think he's ever fought them h2h outside of Luthor's suit....in combat speeds, Superman has kept up with Flash and Captain Marvel.

I'm not lowballing the MU, but frankly the only ones who can challenge Flash or Superman in speed are Silver Surfer or Makkari.

Sadly, yes. Thats why Thor and Hulk would both lose to Superman....strength is pretty close for all three of them. But Thor and Hulk are slow as hell compared to Superman....

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By dum529001

@jj62:

If Hulk is so slow then why does he strike at such high velocites???

Again, you're lowballing.

Superman has Toyman, Lex Luthor and every other lame DC villian. That's a fact too.

Taken out of context, I could say that it means Superman is super-slow.

Since Superman is slow by that logic, all his showings of great speed should be discounted.

Is this a lowballing competition or what? lowalling is what you're doing.

And you're wrong about Thor being slow.

Avatar image for noteworthington
    Noteworthington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Noteworthington

99% of the replies here are ignoring the content, and thus the message of the original post. The idea behind Superman, because he is not real, there is just a contextual idea about him, versus the contextual parameters of the Hulk, dictate that the Hulk is stronger.

No semantics about beginning of fights, or ends, or anything can aptly describe an encounter. There would need to be a context for the fight, has Hulk been angry before fighting or having a lift contest with Supes? Would 30 seconds of a fight, or 30 minutes elevate his strength beyond Supermans base?

Superman himself has contextual strength, from both a writer's perspective and era, and due to his personality must often remind even himself of his own strength, to summon the will to perform feats, as any creature.

But I am giving too much credence to the... essentially troll posts here. Contextually, Hulk is defined as being the strongest one there is. Superman is not the strongest being in his Universe, and there is basically no way to compare them save their context.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj62 said:

@tdk_1997: Hm...I sort of agree. Butthe heat vision would suffice as a distraction, but you see I've seen Hulk withstand similar heat vision type things. So, yes I would help and it would play a factor. But not AS BIG of a factor as the super speed.

It's normal.THat brute body of Hulk and his mass is too much for him to move at such higher speed as Superman.And yes,I do agree with the fact that the speed is the game changing factor.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#123  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

That's all nice and pretty but we can all agree that Batman would beat them both in a fight. (He says to start a fight which will cause the people arguing to join forces and attack him causing peace in this thread.)

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By JJ62

@dum529001: Im done with you....people like YOU are a huge part of the reason people don't like him anymore. Because you guys massively overrate his abilities. Most people underrate them...you overrate them.

Since when does Hulk have FTL speed?? Show me ONE INSTANCE and I will take it all back.

You're taking things out of context, yore saying Superman can't "keep up" with Luthor, when he never fights him h2h except when he's in the suit. Even then Superman has proven to still be way faster.

Hulk can't keep up with Spider-Man's combat speed. Superman can keep up with Flash. THAT'S NOT LOWBALLING, THAT IS A FACT.

You are the reason people talk shit about Hulk fans so much.

I am trying to be objective and reasonable, and prove the haters wrong by showing that even though Hulk has a chance, I still gotta be objective and Superman outclasses him. He does....You are doing the opposite, you are giving Hulk haters someone to point fingers and say that's the way we all are. Just stop!

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@dum529001:

1. show proof of the hulk moving FTL

2. You cant show proof because he cant do that nor does he have the potential to do that

3.superman could just phase through every punch the hulk throws at him. rendering every part of hulks offense useless

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj62:

People who hate the Hulk will discredit him no matter who he is compared to.

Trying to appease people who will always hate the Hulk, by telling them what they want to hear and not being honest about Hulk's abilities, is a fruitless effort.

Hulk can keep up with the greatest superhumans of Marvel.

Superman has trouble with Toyman, Lex Luthor and other lame DC villains. See? I can lowball too.

Hulk strikes with velocity of gamma rays. Whether you accept that or not changes nothing about the Hulk.

The power of gamma rays on full display here as the Hulk's "gamma-spawned might" can also give light to an "eons-dark cosmos" in Incredible Hulk #126:

No Caption Provided

Once again, we can see the Hulk's power easily dwarfs any nuclear assault that earth can muster. Here he shown ripping through a bunker designed to withstand the explosion of many thousands of megatons in magnitude. "Against the force of the gamma-energized Hulk.... it fares not well at all inincredible Hulk #177:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: I didn't see anything about him moving faster than light.

I'm not telling people what they want to hear, I'm stating what actually would happen if we put aside personal preference and look objectively.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sog7dc: He actually can't do everything a spider can.........He doesn't have organic webs, or 8 eyes, or 8 appendages, etc.

Plenty of heroes have "unlimited strength" if you really want to go off character quotes instead of feats. Thor is said to have unlimited strength, numerous villains said they have unlimited power as well, I guess thats true as well. I think we should start using hyperboles as feats instead.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Hulk is indeed stronger than Superman and Captain Marvel. The thing is Superman is written in order for him to be showing how powerful he is in every issue. Superman's strength could be measured while in Hulk issues in the late 70s tried to do it and the machine just blew up. Also, why on earth will Hulk lift the earth's weight if he doesn't have a plot which suggests him to do it?

Superman best strength feats are always about benching or lifting while Hulk best strength feats are always about resisting forces and smashing. Also, all Superman benching and lifting feats are always done without him fighting... Do you know how difficult would it be for him to bench the earth's weight if he had World Breaker Hulk punching his face at the same time. Obviously it would be impossible.

This scans prove my point.

Superman... Not fighting...
    Superman... Not fighting...
    Superman... Not fighting... Again...
    Superman... Not fighting... Again...
    Superman... Not fighting... AGAIN.
    Superman... Not fighting... AGAIN.
    Superman fighting with a machine!... NOT.
    Superman fighting with a machine!... NOT.

So... my point is if Hulk was put in similar scenarios, like testing his strength same as Superman, he would prove he's the strongest there is. Those feats could be taken into account while talking about strength of a character, but they don't suggest a character can pull that kind of strength in a fight, more like concentrating long enough to pull that kind of feat. Superman does not have a SINGLE feat that proves he uses this kind of strength in battle.

With all this said, Superman beats Hulk only by speed and speed alone, if they go in a straight up brawl, Hulk wins. However, to avoid misinterpretation... If Superman's speed is downgraded to the point of being equal to Hulk, Hulk wins, if Hulk speed is pumped up to the point of having hypersonic battling speed like Superman, Hulk stomps hard.

Thanks for reading.

Floo...... GhostRavage!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Just wanted to say that I totally agree with what the Op was saying in this thread, I said a similar thing in a blog recently and got slated for it. People (mainly DC fans) under-estimate Hulk's brute strength. Ok Superman has loads of bench pressing feats, but you cant compare this with Hulk, because Hulk isn't going to be going in for static "lifting the earth" type of stuff. Hulk was designed to be, in brute strength, the strongest there is. Superman has massive strength and speed, hence why he would probably win in a fight with Hulk, which is what the op was saying. Hulk can take masses of punishment and heals very quickly so I think Superman would have his hands full! However, Superman potentially can land multiple micro second blows on Hulk and whilst he is stunned, basically ship him off into space, which I see is the only way he beats Hulk, coz Hulk doesn't generally stay down. Even Zeus had to resort to trickery to stop Hulk healing!!

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always wonder myself is so much value is placed at the heart of the monster on the planet.

Yes planets are large, etc.

but the greater power it was to destroy Lord Armageddon.

If the planet was as big as the earth rich already about 428 X 10 ^ 18 joules. For the Lord is a joke.

I also do not understand why the planets move is seen as sogroße power capacity. Sure the kinetic energy of the Earth 2.7 X 10 ^ 33 joules. (One of the force was not sufficient to keep the Hulk)

But to move around the Earth takes a lot less power.

Every normal person has enough physical strength to push the moon.

Would only be able to fly like a rocket. Very long time. But one community there.

First year about 2 cm. then every year more.

Superman is vastly overrated in my opinion.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By dum529001

The only thing Superman beats Hulk in is a race because Hulk can't fly.

Superman can propel himself without pushing off solid objects. Hulk can't do that. Hulk has to run and jump. Hulk jumps to limit destruction caused his super-strong legs on the environment but even then, due to the immense pressure he can put on the ground, he is limited to hypersonic sonic speeds for long distance travel.

Hulk still beats Superman to the punch, and so he would win in a fight. That's fact many people on CV just don't like and can't seem to deal with.

It seems some people only like facts when it suits them. Only following rules if it sounds good enough to fit their feelings about how they want things to be.

People will say they like the character but then say something that totally contradictory to who and what the character is.

People who do that don't truly like the character. They merely like the image they themselves paint of how they want the character to be, instead of who/what the character truly is.

It may be harsh and controversial to say Hulk beats 99 cent of comic characters but its worse to suggest Superman is God in the flesh. I'm not going to sell bogus garbage just to avoid controversy and misguided character fandom.

The truth hurts. The truth may set you free but first its going to put a hurting on you.

People get mad at the fact that Hulk can knock seven layers of crap out of their favorite character, or already has. Well, guess what? The Hulk kicks a lot of butt. Its his job! You hear that, the distressed comicbook fandom of the world?! Your favorite character is not the only one! Hulk kicks all kinds of butt!

It would be nice to have a conversation without someone doing the following:

A. Misrepresentation of a character in any way.

B. Taking one scene out the context of the rest of the comicbook as well as the character's comicbook history as a whole.

C. Cropping images in order to present scans in out-of-context way.

D. Making random stuff up in order to make up for a lack of information and/or information not being sought after, especially when it is done with motive of promoting favorites.

E. Depending heavily on low showings (fueled by Plot Induced Stupidity) for evidence and refuse to acknowledge numerous high showings.

You get this same load of crap over and over! Its just ignorance mixed with character favoritism.

People + Internet= illogacal Debating Disaster!!

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dear marvel and dc pleas show these ignorat ass'es whos more powerful and stronger superman

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

whenever 'hulk vs superman' shows up hulk is always compared to supes. supes is never compared to hulk and people know that. that would be sad. same thing can be said about supes being compared to galactus not the other way around.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterkungfu:

I've noticed you come on the Hulk forum quite a bit and never say anything positive about Hulk, do we have to add you to the significant number of Hulk bashers who come on here, to lowball the Hulk for some perverse reason?!

The reason people compare Superman to Hulk is obvious, each character is their respective universe's strongest hero. We can all argue about whether cap marvel, martian manhunter, thor, Sentry etc should wear that crown, but Hulk and Superman are the premier league powerhouse heroes in Marvel and DC in terms of pure physical strength. Superman fans always look down on Hulk and always have done, in fact I haven't come across a single Superman fan on the Vine who really gives the Hulk any respect, whereas in my experience most reasonable Hulk fans, people like GhostRavage and The Acidskull, are realistic about Hulk in context with Superman, acknowledging the latter's superior speed and manouverability, should the two meet in combat, which of course wont happen because they are in different universes. In my experience arguing about Superman v Hulk is a waste of effort. Superman fans forget that in his strongest form, Hulk is a planet buster, which definitely puts him in Superman's class at the very least. Superman bench pressed the earth for 5 days, but in the Indestructible Hulk Issue 1, Hulks' strength was described as "incalculable..."

Superman fans are also want to confuse the Silver Age superman with the current one, when we need to assess present day Hulk and Superman. Superman and Galactus, well of course no one would compare those two.

The interesting thing is that when the people who have actually written Hulk and Superman stories have been asked who would win in a fight, none of them have been that certain. But of course comic book fans who hang out on the internet know better don't they!! Speaking as someone who grew up loving both Superman and Hulk I try and be more objective than most....

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By MasterKungFu

I've noticed you come on the Hulk forum quite a bit and never say anything positive about Hulk, do we have to add you to the significant number of Hulk bashers who come on here, to lowball the Hulk for some perverse reason?!

The reason people compare Superman to Hulk is obvious, each character is their respective universe's strongest hero. We can all argue about whether cap marvel, martian manhunter, thor, Sentry etc should wear that crown, but Hulk and Superman are the premier league powerhouse heroes in Marvel and DC in terms of pure physical strength. Superman fans always look down on Hulk and always have done, in fact I haven't come across a single Superman fan on the Vine who really gives the Hulk any respect, whereas in my experience most reasonable Hulk fans, people like GhostRavage and The Acidskull, are realistic about Hulk in context with Superman, acknowledging the latter's superior speed and manouverability, should the two meet in combat, which of course wont happen because they are in different universes. In my experience arguing about Superman v Hulk is a waste of effort. Superman fans forget that in his strongest form, Hulk is a planet buster, which definitely puts him in Superman's class at the very least. Superman bench pressed the earth for 5 days, but in the Indestructible Hulk Issue 1, Hulks' strength was described as "incalculable..."

Superman fans are also want to confuse the Silver Age superman with the current one, when we need to assess present day Hulk and Superman. Superman and Galactus, well of course no one would compare those two.

The interesting thing is that when the people who have actually written Hulk and Superman stories have been asked who would win in a fight, none of them have been that certain. But of course comic book fans who hang out on the internet know better don't they!! Speaking as someone who grew up loving both Superman and Hulk I try and be more objective than most....

Is there anything particular you want me to say about hulk. A lot of threads I've been to involve characters I don't believe hulk could win IMO under the circumstances of the OP. I acknowledge there are those who hulk can definitely beat such as Thing but what's the fun in that?

unfortunately though Marvel does "try" to establish hulk's superiority over Superman by using rip-offs Gladiator and Sentry. I do acknowledge that hulk did beat those two or at least had the upper hand but some people (mostly outside the Vine e.g KMC, YouTube, Facebook, Yahoo Answers) use this excuse without having known the situation of the story that led to such an event.

superman has many forms too, not just hulk. Worldbreaker hulk at best would be at least regular superman level.

problem is you can't measure realistically measure rage. I guess if a comic described it as incalculable it would be for that reason however because his main power is strength, it would be stressed out a lot more than for any other character. in fact a lot of characters have incalculable strength (such as below), some don't even have theories for why they are strong/how they are strong so we would assume there is no such limit for them e.g Hercules, darkseid etc

No Caption Provided

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterkungfu:

Superman and Hulk are in some ways two sides of the same coin. Superman gains his strength from the yellow sun and earth's weak gravity in relation to krypton. He is a solar battery. Hulk gains his strength from the gamma rays that transform his body and empower him. Anger/rage are just the triggers that put into motion an increase in his gamma fuelled power. He is in effect the nuclear man, nuclear battery, whatever. Bursts of gamma rays are the most powerful forms of energy in the known cosmos.

Sure, All star Superman (I have that book, which you put in the scan from) is a very powerful form of Superman and Superman has different forms, but you show your anti Hulk bias with the statement, "Worldbreaker Hulk would at best, be at least regular Superman level". Sure, WB doesn't have "feats" in the traditional sense, but the message is clear. At this point, he is so powerful that he starts breaking up the planet just by standing there. Does Superman get this powerful? In a fairly recent story (not sure if it was new 52) he knocked himself out flying flat out into the moon, I recall.

Anyway I am not debating Superman v Hulk, like the Op, I know that superman's speed gives him a combat advantage, I was just arguing that to say that Superman and Hulk are not in the same class is just plain dumb. The other thing is that a number of Superman fans spend time on the Hulk forum, lowballing the Hulk, but you generally don't see Hulk fans on the superman forums, lowballing Superman, wonder why?

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By MasterKungFu

@bezza said:

Superman and Hulk are in some ways two sides of the same coin. Superman gains his strength from the yellow sun and earth's weak gravity in relation to krypton. He is a solar battery. Hulk gains his strength from the gamma rays that transform his body and empower him. Anger/rage are just the triggers that put into motion an increase in his gamma fuelled power. He is in effect the nuclear man, nuclear battery, whatever. Bursts of gamma rays are the most powerful forms of energy in the known cosmos.

Sure, All star Superman (I have that book, which you put in the scan from) is a very powerful form of Superman and Superman has different forms, but you show your anti Hulk bias with the statement, "Worldbreaker Hulk would at best, be at least regular Superman level". Sure, WB doesn't have "feats" in the traditional sense, but the message is clear. At this point, he is so powerful that he starts breaking up the planetjust by standing there. Does Superman get this powerful? In a fairly recent story (not sure if it was new 52) he knocked himself out flying flat out into the moon, I recall.

Anyway I am not debating Superman v Hulk, like the Op, I know that superman's speed gives him a combat advantage, I was just arguing that to say that Superman and Hulk are not in the same class is just plain dumb. The other thing is that a number of Superman fans spend time on the Hulk forum, lowballing the Hulk, but you generally don't see Hulk fans on the superman forums, lowballing Superman, wonder why?

Correct if i'm wrong but didn't you say "Hulk is a planet buster, which definitely puts him in Superman's class at the very least." before? If it disappoints you then "Worldbreaker Hulk is easily above regular superman level."

Hulk is only breaking the planet due to the high levels of gamma radiation he's emitting. You don't just stand there and expect things to happen when you're doing nothing.

You have to understand Superman holds back his power. Rarely does he get pushed to his limits that forces him to cut loose. He doesn't want to and hopes he never has to.

as far as this is concerned, when comparing different characters, hulk's strength feats are used to determine power differences. just using strength alone, a lot of people would disregard the strength feats of other characters such as Thor while hulk feats are always being blabbed about pretty much all the time. don't believe me, do an extensive search of various sites and you'll find out.

I got nothing against hulk, I don't hate him or anything. What I do hate is the same cliché "hulk unlimited strength", "hulk gets madder surpasses (whoever they are regardless if its even possible)" this further includes some people giving hulk ridiculous claims he doesn't even have e.g breathing in space, surviving the sun, able to keep up with flash, regenerating a head etc. he's a fan favourite against many people including me to some extent, he's big and inspiring enough for young kids to wanna grow up big and strong, as banner he's smart so relates to most geeks, he's usually angry an emotion we all relate to, he gets taunted a lot by army/villains etc so we feel sympathy for him, due to his attitude/nature he is cocky/badass enough to impress bogans or these people alike, he's not afraid to do what he does, a lot of simple catchy catchphrases no character has and if that wasn't enough you have to witness his actions and how he gets away with it because "he's hulk". hulk is a very overused character but as far as ignorance is concerned who doesn't know the hulk's powers? sometimes whoever hulk is up against the opponent happens to have a lot of abilities and be very versatile but a lot of that does get thrown out the window and ignored.

BTW i'm not a superman fan. i'd much prefer hulk over supes

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterkungfu:

Hey, if "hulk unlimited strength" is a cliché (its not actually, its the truth), so is the phrase "Superman holds back all the time". Is Superman holding back when he fights Doomsday to the death, or Darkseid? I doubt it! Also Banner holds Hulk back most of the time too, except in books like Heart of the Monster. Anyway I'm glad to hear you're not a Hulk hater as there too many of those about -lol! You should do some "favourite character" lists so we know who your colours are pinned to, as your avatar and user name aren't giving anything away! Funny thing Is, before I joined CV I liked Superman and Hulk almost equally, but all the Hulk bashing on the Vine by Superman fans got me backing the green goliath as everyone loves an underdog!

Avatar image for twix_right_side
    Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

Just wanted to say that I totally agree with what the Op was saying in this thread, I said a similar thing in a blog recently and got slated for it. People (mainly DC fans) under-estimate Hulk's brute strength. Ok Superman has loads of bench pressing feats, but you cant compare this with Hulk, because Hulk isn't going to be going in for static "lifting the earth" type of stuff. Hulk was designed to be, in brute strength, the strongest there is. Superman has massive strength and speed, hence why he would probably win in a fight with Hulk, which is what the op was saying. Hulk can take masses of punishment and heals very quickly so I think Superman would have his hands full! However, Superman potentially can land multiple micro second blows on Hulk and whilst he is stunned, basically ship him off into space, which I see is the only way he beats Hulk, coz Hulk doesn't generally stay down. Even Zeus had to resort to trickery to stop Hulk healing!!

True

The only thing Superman beats Hulk in is a race because Hulk can't fly.

Superman can propel himself without pushing off solid objects. Hulk can't do that. Hulk has to run and jump. Hulk jumps to limit destruction caused his super-strong legs on the environment but even then, due to the immense pressure he can put on the ground, he is limited to hypersonic sonic speeds for long distance travel.

Hulk still beats Superman to the punch, and so he would win in a fight. That's fact many people on CV just don't like and can't seem to deal with.

It seems some people only like facts when it suits them. Only following rules if it sounds good enough to fit their feelings about how they want things to be.

People will say they like the character but then say something that totally contradictory to who and what the character is.

People who do that don't truly like the character. They merely like the image they themselves paint of how they want the character to be, instead of who/what the character truly is.

It may be harsh and controversial to say Hulk beats 99 cent of comic characters but its worse to suggest Superman is God in the flesh. I'm not going to sell bogus garbage just to avoid controversy and misguided character fandom.

The truth hurts. The truth may set you free but first its going to put a hurting on you.

People get mad at the fact that Hulk can knock seven layers of crap out of their favorite character, or already has. Well, guess what? The Hulk kicks a lot of butt. Its his job! You hear that, the distressed comicbook fandom of the world?! Your favorite character is not the only one! Hulk kicks all kinds of butt!

It would be nice to have a conversation without someone doing the following:

A. Misrepresentation of a character in any way.

B. Taking one scene out the context of the rest of the comicbook as well as the character's comicbook history as a whole.

C. Cropping images in order to present scans in out-of-context way.

D. Making random stuff up in order to make up for a lack of information and/or information not being sought after, especially when it is done with motive of promoting favorites.

E. Depending heavily on low showings (fueled by Plot Induced Stupidity) for evidence and refuse to acknowledge numerous high showings.

You get this same load of crap over and over! Its just ignorance mixed with character favoritism.

People + Internet= illogacal Debating Disaster!!

Also true

This thread though,is the exact reason why I hate comic fans.....most of them. Just look at this mess....

dear marvel and dc pleas show these ignorat ass'es whos more powerful and stronger superman

What?

Whatever the case may be,Hulk is,in my opinion,stronger (and what do you mean by more powerful? Are you talking about in general? Because if that's the case,then it can be said that Superman is more powerful due to having more diverse powers,but if we're talking about raw power,I would probably say Hulk). No one is an "ignorat ass'es" just because they hold a certain opinion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In terms of the topic,and who I think would win in a fight though,I would say that Superman would win because:

• Even though Hulk is stronger,Superman can definitely hurt him and surpass his durability with his punches,but he's not putting him down due to his durability+healing factor+rage/increase in power
    • Superman has the flight advantage
    • Superman has the speed advantage which means 10000 punches before Hulk can throw one
    • Freeze breath
    • Heat Vision
    • BFR into deep space

A person can argue a case for Hulk,though,and whatever the case,it wouldn't be easy for either one.

But wow,this thread....just shows the immaturity of comic fans,and how no one can take a different opinion without calling each other names.....because you know,there's no such thing as an opinion. It disgusts me.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side:

Thank you for your reasoned and well argued opinion and yes a lot of people are rude on here. I thought for a minute when you called me out, I was being lumped with them-!! ...But Superman fans like LifeofVibe do nobody any favours with comments like "ignorant ass's" and some Hulk fans need to calm down too...

As I said earlier today, even the guys who have written both Hulk and Superman comics like Byrne and Pak aren't entirely sure who would win in a fight, so who are we amateurs to argue?!!

Avatar image for twix_right_side
    Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@twix_right_side:

Thank you for your reasoned and well argued opinion and yes a lot of people are rude on here. I thought for a minute when you called me out, I was being lumped with them-!! ...But Superman fans like LifeofVibe do nobody any favours with comments like "ignorant ass's" and some Hulk fans need to calm down too...

As I said earlier today, even the guys who have written both Hulk and Superman comics like Byrne and Pak aren't entirely sure who would win in a fight, so who are we amateurs to argue?!!

lol thanks! I agree. It's a very shady topic,and there can be points argued on both sides.

Also,sorry for the confusion :D

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Actually, this video is quite a good example of what the writers think about the superman v Hulk question. This clip from 2012, with legendary Hulk writer Peter David, who has also written for DC, so has decent credibility, says basically the answer to the question, "who wins" is "Depends", .i.e. "how long the fight lasts"...and I tend to agree with him!

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@masterkungfu:

Hey, if "hulk unlimited strength" is a cliché (its not actually, its the truth), so is the phrase "Superman holds back all the time". Is Superman holding back when he fights Doomsday to the death, or Darkseid? I doubt it! Also Banner holds Hulk back most of the time too, except in books like Heart of the Monster. Anyway I'm glad to hear you're not a Hulk hater as there too many of those about -lol! You should do some "favourite character" lists so we know who your colours are pinned to, as your avatar and user name aren't giving anything away! Funny thing Is, before I joined CV I liked Superman and Hulk almost equally, but all the Hulk bashing on the Vine by Superman fans got me backing the green goliath as everyone loves an underdog!

If you've read Death of Superman (I assume you have) you'd know the situation he is placed in. With all of Metropolis around he can't afford to be reckless unless he didn't care for human life. Darkseid on the other hand is much too different. No matter how much Superman cuts loose, Darkseid is simply too powerful for him.

True but hulk is still under his own control. Banner makes sure hulk does the right thing. Unless a true limit for superman's strength is defined, one shouldn't automatically assume hulk is stronger than superman because his strength theory gets stressed out more.

It's just unfortunate it happens here (on the Vine). Elsewhere (outside the Vine) it's quite the reverse. There aren't many rude things to describe hulk but there are tons of rude things to describe supes.

I try not to judge favourites but now you've mentioned it I might get started on that list. My list could change over time.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By RaynorJ
    Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj:

He sure is, I am hoping he takes me up on my challenge to write a favourite characters list. Always a bit wary when people don't come out and declare themselves for a character or (characters)...I suspect our friend Master Kungfu is a fan of one of the DC powerhouses, but who can say?

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hulk strength is overrated

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Schwarz

@kingofkings1: underated considering the fact that it is infinite like his rage and anger.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.