Hulk's Greatest Love

#1 Posted by BlackWind (5623 posts) - - Show Bio

For a giant, muscle boung green guy with anger issues, Hulk sure gets around just fine. Obviously his pimp game increases with anger too. But seriously, being a Hulk love interest is like walking through Gotham at night, flashing your money. His relationships don't tend to end well. So my question is, out of all his love interests, who love Hulk the most?

Personally, I say Caiera.

#2 Posted by Teerack (5415 posts) - - Show Bio

Betty/Red She-Hulk <3

Red She-Hulk vs. Wolverine by Ian Churchill
#3 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

betty ross/ red she-hulk.

#4 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Betty. Though Caiera comes a close second.

#5 Edited by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on which you're really asking about.

Who loved the Hulk and accepted Bruce as a part of him? Caiera.

Who loved Bruce and accepted the Hulk as a part of him? Betty.

They're two completely different sides of the same coin. Taking Betty's... issues...

... Yeah... Those... Out of the equation, Betty knew Bruce first, she respects and loves Bruce. After his accident, she accepted the Hulk as a part of him, rather than treating it like a monster, she treated it like a personality defect. Hulk wasn't a real thing, it was Bruce during an episode. The Hulk wasn't really a monster or even it's own thing, it was JUST Bruce Banner. So she didn't love the Hulk, she loved the man trapped within, Bruce Banner.

Now Caiera? Different story. She knew the Hulk, respected his power, strength, and skill. She was a warrior, and just like Diana respects and cares about Batman as a fellow warrior, she cared for the Hulk. Eventually, that care grew to love. Finally, the Hulk had found someone both strong enough and skilled enough to match him, on a world he wasn't a monster. He wasn't feared because he was so powerful, he was feared by those who preyed on the fearful. Caiera saw a noble warrior, not effected by reports of monster that smashed and destroyed all in it's way. Then she met Bruce. And just as Hulk cared for Betty because Bruce loved her, Bruce cared for Caiera because the Hulk loved her. But again, Caiera accepted Bruce. She recognized him as a part of a noble warrior, but he was Hulk, the Green Scar, a King to her. Not Bruce Banner, a man trapped within a monster.

So who is Hulk's greatest love? Having thought it through as I have above, Hulk loved Caiera the most. And vice versa. To delve further into your question would involve trying to investigate the psychological boundaries of Banner and Hulk, where does one begin and one end? Are they truly separate as they would both have the world believe? Or does the fact that the love of one holds both prove that they are truly one in the same?

These are questions that require even more thought than the one you ask, and I've over thought THAT already.

#6 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12586 posts) - - Show Bio

Caiera is Hulk's true love, Betty is Bruce's.

#7 Posted by BlackWind (5623 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I agree with this. I was curious if someone would say it.

#8 Posted by Luster77 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind:What you said...

#9 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

We all seem to be forgetting about Jarella here.

#10 Posted by z1co80 (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vrakmul:

I am working my way through the Hulk from the beginning and so far i have come to the conclusion that Betty Ross is a selfish pain in the arse and that Jarella was far better for Bruce/Hulk.

#11 Posted by PowerHerc (81682 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Betty
  2. Jarella
  3. Caiera
#12 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3693 posts) - - Show Bio

Jarella

#13 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2854 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I agree

#14 Posted by Primebonnick (1782 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

Jarella forme she loved hulk and bruce equally.

Betty is more of bruce's true love

Caiera is more of Hulk's

Jarella on the other hand took both sides and loved them equally, hell bruce even left betty for her.

#15 Posted by TDK_1997 (14471 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2786 posts) - - Show Bio

Jarella

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.