Hulk's death.....Who can kill Him????

  • 94 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by T. Le Mont (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard that the hulk died before.  Now does anyone know Who killed him, what caused him to die, and which character in Mavel UNIVERSE can kill him.

#2 Posted by TheJuggernautpunch (6023 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk killed him in one comic . But that was in another time line , and Collector returned him to live . Who can kill Hulk ? Oh , the list is too big . And i'm too lazy to name them all :P

#3 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done like 4 times

#4 Edited by chris thompson (815 posts) - - Show Bio

:

The Abomination killed him their first fight and Rulk killed him once.

#5 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
Thor snapped his neck in a what if? comic just to avoid the whole prolong fight deal...
 

#6 Posted by loveNwar (435 posts) - - Show Bio

Killed "for real", i don't think it ever happened, unless to serve some plot with a further twist (old trick) or in "what if" situation, like with Wolverine once.
The only Hulk that really died and had his magazine down was Hulk 2099, but that's from another Marvel Universe.

#7 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
cable and storm actually killed hulk in the 616 U.... but cable felt guilty and forced storm to help him revive hulk by jump starting his heart and cable simultaneously stimulating his mind psionically...
#8 Posted by King Saturn (225088 posts) - - Show Bio
Galactus can kill Hulk
#9 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio

Many can kill him
But only maybe as powerful as Galactus and above can with strength
Because their limits would be truly higher than his

#10 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
blink and nightcrawler have an easy kill when it comes to being able to kill hulk even shadowcat with a partial phasing attack would kill the hulk
#11 Posted by Matezoide2 (15999 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" Thor snapped his neck in a what if? comic just to avoid the whole prolong fight deal...
 

"
that was preety stupid,i wanted to see an epic fight,but all they did was change blows for 1-2 pages and then Thor broke his nekc 
 
@castleking said:
" blink and nightcrawler have an easy kill when it comes to being able to kill hulk even shadowcat with a partial phasing attack would kill the hulk
"
when did Blink or NC teleported off limbs at 616? and wouldnt Hulk's healing factor heal him from preety much anything Shadowcat can do? (it would hurt like crap,but i dont see how she can actualy KILL him)
#12 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" Thor snapped his neck in a what if? comic just to avoid the whole prolong fight deal...
 

"
That wouldn't keep him dead
They tried that during WWHulk
#13 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
who tried that again? i cant recall anyone doing it to hulk.
#14 Posted by loveNwar (435 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's strength maybe matches Hulk's... for a little while.... Just untill he get's pissed for real. I'm sure breaking his neck would be a task way beyond his level. But hey, what can i say, they didn't ask  me to write the story, they asked someone who was drunk...

#15 Posted by chunjacktao (330 posts) - - Show Bio

I think if Blob or Phat sits on him..... hulk might just soffocate.

#16 Posted by King Hercules (1149 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"who tried that again? i cant recall anyone doing it to hulk.
"

The Gamma Corp 
 
#17 Posted by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel can kill him off in this large story arc, then two years later come out with Hulk: Gamma Rebirth.

#18 Posted by Jacory_Williams (57 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how Hulk can truely die if he came back to life from being completely obliterated.
#19 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2529 posts) - - Show Bio

He can die but maestro stated he will always come back no matter what

#20 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool killed him once
#21 Posted by Lupine (750 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:
" @castleking said:
" Thor snapped his neck in a what if? comic just to avoid the whole prolong fight deal...
 

"
that was preety stupid,i wanted to see an epic fight,but all they did was change blows for 1-2 pages and then Thor broke his nekc 
 
@castleking said:
" blink and nightcrawler have an easy kill when it comes to being able to kill hulk even shadowcat with a partial phasing attack would kill the hulk
"
when did Blink or NC teleported off limbs at 616? and wouldnt Hulk's healing factor heal him from preety much anything Shadowcat can do? (it would hurt like crap,but i dont see how she can actualy KILL him) "
Nightcrawler, no so far as I've seen. 
 
As for Blink: 
 

#22 Posted by DeathDefyingDevil (722 posts) - - Show Bio
@T. Le Mont:
Red Hulk
#23 Posted by Rajin_Hulk (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Professor X could easily kill him, but that isn't something he would do. The easy part is killing the Hulk, the hard part is keeping him dead.

#24 Posted by Rojay (43 posts) - - Show Bio

@loveNwar: dude just accept that they ripped that hulks neck and the green bean died

#25 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

drag out the radiation with some machine, let rouge touch him and steal his healing factor, snap his neck. anyone could do it with enough prep

#26 Posted by wweyugioh (1 posts) - - Show Bio

wrong hes immortal you can kill bruce banner in comics sure but he REVIVES ALL THE TIMES i READ SAW every comic movie tv show about marvel and dc ppl only one who can is apocalypes galactus of course the rest he can OBLIVERATE

#27 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk has had lots of temporary deaths but the only way to truly kill him is to instantly kill Banner and I do mean instant! The reason why is because you can have Banner get shot in the head but as Banner lays dying the Hulk will take over and keep Banner alive..

#28 Posted by TheGodofThunder (602 posts) - - Show Bio

thor...easily

#29 Edited by RandomThang (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Who killed Hulk? Did it ever happened?

Thor cannot kill the Hulk, after a while Thor will get owned by the Hulk, have you seen the movie Hulk VS Thor written by Marvel, after a while Thor's hammer literally got knocked of his hand by Hulk due to his immense strength.

I know that WWH have defeated most people (stalemate the best) quite easily, and groups such as X-Man and Avengers. In WWH, they never managed to kill the Hulk, I think Tony Stark used satellite missiles which direct some type of... wave to reverse the process of the Hulk, and they buried him underground afterwards.

I thought he can't die, he even tried to suicide (which failed), Bruce Banner tried to suicide, not the Hulk.

#30 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus

Franklin Richards

The Celestials

Namor

Thor

Odin

Zeus

Skaar

Phoenix Five

Thanos

Anyone with the Infinity Gauntlet

Adam Warlock

Beyonder

Molecule Man

Sentry/Void

Dr. Doom (maybe)

Silver Surfer (maybe)

Maestro (He count?)

Beta Ray Bill

Anyone with the Ultimate Nullifier (maybe)

Abraxas

Any Watcher

I could keep going.

#31 Posted by RedHoodNinja (2 posts) - - Show Bio

only the hulk can kill the hulk. a brain anurizum

#32 Posted by notoverrated (51 posts) - - Show Bio

idk cant pretty much all of the superheros kill each other?

#33 Posted by Bo88gdan (4639 posts) - - Show Bio

writers can kill hulk

#34 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@RandomThang said:

I know that WWH have defeated most people (stalemate the best) quite easily, and groups such as X-Man and Avengers. In WWH, they never managed to kill the Hulk

My only problem with this evidence is that WWH sucked. And I tend to dismiss bad writing from these types of discussions.

#35 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

Galactus

Franklin Richards

The Celestials

Namor

Thor

Odin

Zeus

Skaar

Phoenix Five

Thanos

Anyone with the Infinity Gauntlet

Adam Warlock

Beyonder

Molecule Man

Sentry/Void

Dr. Doom (maybe)

Silver Surfer (maybe)

Maestro (He count?)

Beta Ray Bill

Anyone with the Ultimate Nullifier (maybe)

Abraxas

Any Watcher

I could keep going.

Amended

#36 Posted by RandomThang (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCowman: It's not bad writing, the plot was awesome.

#37 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@RandomThang: The idea was awesome. I was as pumped as anyone when they said the Hulk was coming back looking for a little revenge. At that point I was all ready to see Stark and Richards knocked down a peg or two and the hook they were using (that this Hulk was more dangerous cause he had Savage Hulk's power but with Banner's intelligence) had me itching to see what they'd do with him in the coming fights against other heroes.

Imagine my disappointment when every time the Hulk was faced with someone who could defeat him, the only explanation given was, "well, now he's so angry that he can win this time".

I read the whole thing, but after the first couple issues I'd given up on them doing anything remotely interesting with the situation and accepted it was basically "Act of God" for the Hulk. When they had the Hulk-hippies talking about people who'd been hurt in Stark and Co. fights with villains, I audibly groaned. You knew from the beginning what the twist would end up being, and them trying to make the Hulk's actions in any way sympathetic or justifiable was just sad.

#38 Posted by RandomThang (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCowman: Hulk defeating others who are "suppose to defeat Hulk" is the reason why it is so awesome.

#39 Posted by Comiccrazeraze (413 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

Galactus

Franklin Richards

The Celestials

Namor

Thor

Odin

Zeus

Skaar

Phoenix Five

Thanos

Anyone with the Infinity Gauntlet

Adam Warlock

Beyonder

Molecule Man

Sentry/Void

Dr. Doom (maybe)

Silver Surfer (maybe)

Maestro (He count?)

Beta Ray Bill

Anyone with the Ultimate Nullifier (maybe)

Abraxas

Any Watcher

I could keep going.

Or in a nut shell people who are either A.) Reality Benders or B.) World Breaker level opponents

#40 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@RandomThang said:

@TheCowman: Hulk defeating others who are "suppose to defeat Hulk" is the reason why it is so awesome.

I have no problem with Hulk taking out people above his weight class; the same way I have no problem that Batman does the same thing on a regular basis. My problem is with HOW he took them out. The excuse that "he's just angrier than ever now" is lazy and unimaginative. There were no interesting or well-thought out battles; it was just Hulk steamrolling everyone cause the writers decided he could.

Another story arc had a similar way of explaining the logistic errors in it. I believe it was, "It's magic. We don't HAVE to explain it."

#41 Posted by RandomThang (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCowman: It's actually not that bad, it's better than Superman suddenly gaining super fist will power and punches Lurther away when he's glowing with Kryptonite, if Hulk is going to be like Superman (popular and easy to make money with), making him extreme is good, better than every single ridiculous super power heroes out there.

The "magic" type and I don't need to explain it, it's seen in most, so why would you bother with it, it's like Karate Kid apparently a human being, beating down a Kryptonian or Superman who is suppose to be weakened by Kryptonite, suddenly "ignores" it.

Hulk's power is that his strength grows every time he gets angry, and it is unlimited, so you don't need to know "HOW" he took them down, as it is so clear.

It's like "HOW" did Deadpool keeps surviving in extreme circumstances, it's because he's been "cursed" and he cannot die, so, accept it. This strength grows with anger thing, is not as extreme as so many many more out there.

#42 Edited by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@RandomThang said:

This strength grows with anger thing, is not as extreme as so many many more out there.

True.

But I don't like those either. I love Wolverine, but I hate it whenever he's portrayed as some unbeatable, ultra-cool badass. I love Batman, but can't stand it when they write him as completely unflappable and elitist to other heroes. I thought Superman lifting a continent made of kryptonite was one of the dumbest things I'd ever seen.

Just cause the Hulk isn't the only victim of this kind of thing doesn't make it any easier to swallow. I always like my ultra-powered heroes to be about even. It keeps things balanced and interesting. When a hero is given an instant win clause like the Hulk's "unlimited strength"; I lose interest immediately and can even start to dislike the character if it persists long enough.

Cause the trouble is, the Hulk DOESN'T just have "unlimited strength". If all that happened was that he got stronger, that'd be fine, since other forms of attack could still be used against him. But it seems like he also gains the power to circumvent the laws of reality. Physical strength should not give you the ability to break someone's hands on the astral plane when it's already been established that that can't happen.

But nope, the Hulk's SO strong now, that he can just do that for some reason. If it doesn't bother you, then fair enough. Personally I can't stand it; but that's a personal thing. I know some people DO like to feel that their favorite character is unstoppable, but I've never really been that way.

#43 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get why thor doesn't just fly him into the sun. The combined extreme heat, lack of oxygen, and density of the sun should kill him eventually

#44 Posted by Deadpoolicidy61 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

sand man, wolverine, clayface, deadpool, galactus, and other people that i cant remember right now

#45 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18710 posts) - - Show Bio

@samuel_larson_10 said:

I don't get why thor doesn't just fly him into the sun. The combined extreme heat, lack of oxygen, and density of the sun should kill him eventually

the sun yes, but hulk adapts to lack of oxygen, he doesn't need to breath in space :), seriously, he has adaptation powered

#46 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18710 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCowman said:

@RandomThang said:

This strength grows with anger thing, is not as extreme as so many many more out there.

True.

But I don't like those either. I love Wolverine, but I hate it whenever he's portrayed as some unbeatable, ultra-cool badass. I love Batman, but can't stand it when they write him as completely unflappable and elitist to other heroes. I thought Superman lifting a continent made of kryptonite was one of the dumbest things I'd ever seen.

Just cause the Hulk isn't the only victim of this kind of thing doesn't make it any easier to swallow. I always like my ultra-powered heroes to be about even. It keeps things balanced and interesting. When a hero is given an instant win clause like the Hulk's "unlimited strength"; I lose interest immediately and can even start to dislike the character if it persists long enough.

Cause the trouble is, the Hulk DOESN'T just have "unlimited strength". If all that happened was that he got stronger, that'd be fine, since other forms of attack could still be used against him. But it seems like he also gains the power to circumvent the laws of reality. Physical strength should not give you the ability to break someone's hands on the astral plane when it's already been established that that can't happen.

But nope, the Hulk's SO strong now, that he can just do that for some reason. If it doesn't bother you, then fair enough. Personally I can't stand it; but that's a personal thing. I know some people DO like to feel that their favorite character is unstoppable, but I've never really been that way.

well there is one thing you need to understand, despite the fact that a lot of people can kill the hulk , he is marvels physical embodiment of strength, hulk was intended to be that big monster that needed to be taken down with tactics, brain and teamwork( same as the juggernaut), Hulk is the strongest there is, nobody can engage hulk in a physical fight and win( well unless you are thanos, or someone like that who are way out of hulks league) , when people say he has unlimited strength , they mean that he is far stronger than anything humans can understand , of course there is a limit but that limit has not yet been reveald, hulks durability, strength, stamina, adaptation abilities, and healing factor make him and omega threat. but i'll be honest , i never liked hulk for his powers, but as any hulk fan i love when he kicks ass. my main interest in hulk was his multiple personalities, the whole dr/mr hyde relationship, the Frankenstein monster similarities, and banners intellect. ( which was emphasized by one of my favorite writers, gerg pak), and hulk is truly a unique character , but not everyone can agree right? :)

#47 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

he is marvels physical embodiment of strength, hulk was intended to be that big monster that needed to be taken down with tactics, brain and teamwork

Which, again, is fine if that's what they do. With WWH though, we HAD the other heroes teaming up to stop him with tactics and brains and were treated to the Hulk steamrolling them for no other reason than the plot saying he could. I have no problem with Omega level threats that require a group to defeat. Dark Phoenix and Thanos are two obvious examples.

But both of them were still defeated when the heroes teamed up to take them on. With WWH, all we got was "The Super-Badass Hulk Show, starring the Hulk". I like the Hulk. But not when he's written poorly and/or lazily.

#48 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18710 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCowman said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

he is marvels physical embodiment of strength, hulk was intended to be that big monster that needed to be taken down with tactics, brain and teamwork

Which, again, is fine if that's what they do. With WWH though, we HAD the other heroes teaming up to stop him with tactics and brains and were treated to the Hulk steamrolling them for no other reason than the plot saying he could. I have no problem with Omega level threats that require a group to defeat. Dark Phoenix and Thanos are two obvious examples.

But both of them were still defeated when the heroes teamed up to take them on. With WWH, all we got was "The Super-Badass Hulk Show, starring the Hulk". I like the Hulk. But not when he's written poorly and/or lazily.

Ok , i understand that, but wwh wasn't poorly written, in fact, it was a great story,if hulk just easily beat everyone then would it be poorly written, but he struggled and in cases outsmarted people

#49 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

Ok , i understand that, but wwh wasn't poorly written, in fact, it was a great story,if hulk just easily beat everyone then would it be poorly written, but he struggled and in cases outsmarted people

Eh, if you say so. I remember him pretty much straight duking it out with everybody and completely no-selling everything they'd try. I don't recall him outsmarting anyone, except maybe if you count getting close to Dr. Strange and crushing his hands.

His astral form's NON-CORPOREAL HANDS. How's that make any kind of......

Oh right, cause "he's NEVER been THIS angry before!!!"

*yawn*

#50 Posted by GillaDro (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Cut off Banners head before he gets a chance to get mad

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.