Hulk's bad ass level went up SEVERAL notches this week people...

• 61 results
Posted by Blue Son (385 posts) - - Show Bio

In "Fear Itself" Book Five the Thunder God finally admitted to the Hulk that he could NEVER beat him...before he used a thunderbolt to blast him into outerspace... 

And in "The Incredible Hulks" #634 the WorldBreaker lived up to his name by ACTUALLY destroying an entire planet and everyone one on it INCLUDING FIN FANG FOOM...left over magic of a wishing well brought the planet back as well as everyone on it, but you still don't no gangsta than that. 

Feats like these should make people now think twice before underestimating the World Breaker in battles....BOOYAH!! 

#1 Posted by D3athstroke (3897 posts) - - Show Bio

True

#2 Posted by Blob (575 posts) - - Show Bio

This is great.

#3 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

Two things ...

1. Is a planet in the dark dimension as huge as the earth is? 
2. Didn't Red She-Hulk released as much power as him, so that they managed to bust up the planet together?

#4 Edited by _slim_ (13028 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor still won via BFR.

#5 Posted by pooty (10323 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blue Son: Thor only admitted that he cant beat Hulk. He didn't say that Hulk could beat him.. Between the two there has never been a clear victor. You can show scans of Hulk beating Thor. People have scans of Thor beating Hulk. Thor has busted planets also. If your saying Hulk is the EQUAL of Thor in strength i agree with that. Saying Hulk is superior i don't know.
#6 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11353 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I see scans of this?

#7 Posted by Blue Son (385 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enzeru:  

Just re-read book...nope...planet blowing all Hulk's doing...and as for the size of the planet it's never specified...but...uh...a planet is still a planet....it's HUGE....
#8 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blue Son said:
@Enzeru:   Just re-read book...nope...planet blowing all Hulk's doing...and as for the size of the planet it's never specified...but...uh...a planet is still a planet....it's HUGE....
I did, but the yellow heatwave which burned everything down ... Looks more like the combined powers of Hulk and She-Hulk to me D:
#9 Posted by Blue Son (385 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty:  

Nope...would never say the Hulk was superior...Thor is still a god with a slew of powers, he sent the Hulk into space with one thunder bolt blast...however for Thor...a god...the son of Odin....to admit that he can't beat the Hulk...whose still a mortal...that is huge. And I think destroying a planet officially earns the Hulk the title of being a TRUE WorldBreaker. 
#10 Posted by _slim_ (13028 posts) - - Show Bio
@GrandSymbiote94 said:
Can I see scans of this?
#11 Posted by Blue Son (385 posts) - - Show Bio
@GrandSymbiote94:  

Dude, book came out yesterday here...not sure if I can find a scan of it yet but I'll try. 
#12 Posted by pooty (10323 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blue Son: True. True. It is rare for a god to admit that a mortal is just as powerful. But Thor said that Sentry was supposed to be the "greatest of us all". Nevertheless it is a HUGE compliment.
#13 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
@_slim_ said:

Thor still won via BFR.

This. Thor still beat Nul/Hulk. I don't know why people are making sush a big deal about Thor admitting He can't beat Hulk (which is untrue by the way). Also, I think he was being sarcastic. 

#14 Posted by Blue Son (385 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001:  

Question, is it REALLY a victory if you blast him into space, or just buying you time and breathing room? I always thought a victory was depended on a knockout or a kill? 
#15 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blue Son said:
@venomoushatred1001:   Question, is it REALLY a victory if you blast him into space, or just buying you time and breathing room? I always thought a victory was depended on a knockout or a kill? 

In battle forums, a BFR is still considered a victory.
#16 Posted by Blue Son (385 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001:  

Oh yeah, I forgot that. 
#17 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11353 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blue Son said:
@venomoushatred1001:   Question, is it REALLY a victory if you blast him into space, or just buying you time and breathing room? I always thought a victory was depended on a knockout or a kill? 
Everybody was arguing about this in a battle thread I made.
#18 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (5913 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001
I agree with you.  

In any case guys, this IS NOT Hulk. This is Nul. Another creature altogether.  The Thing, alone, could not have destroy Red Hulk the way he did. Angrir could. Can we all not see the difference here?

Thor is not admitting he could never beat Hulk at all. I don't know what book everyone else is reading. He is saying, to Nul, I could never beat YOU. After Nul arrogantly says "I know", Thor blithely states "did you now" before knocking Nul into orbit. Yes, this was clearly Thor being sardonic.  

Thor essentially handled an enhanced Hulk folks.
#19 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
@GrandSymbiote94 said:
Can I see scans of this?

The last panel on the picture should be kinda obvious...
Green force + red force = yellow explosion (planet busting)
#20 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11353 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enzeru: So did hulk just bring 2 people back to life?
#21 Posted by Blue Son (385 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_SoldierXII:  

Uh...dude...you need to re-read.... 

Even though the Worthy are inhabited by other beings, they're still being spoken to as their actual self. Captain America still refers to the Red Skull as her true self even though there is someone else in her body. 

After Thor blasts Ben Grimm almost killing him in book five he turns to the Hulks and says, "Him I actually liked," "You have always been a pain in the ass." 

Thor has NEVER fought Nul...ever...so it stands to reason that the person he is referring to is the Hulk. 
#22 Posted by OhItsThatGuy (649 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone who thinks Thor<Hulk is smoking something major strong.

#23 Posted by buttersdaman000 (8797 posts) - - Show Bio

*Sigh*......
Fear Itself has turned out to be one of the worst comics of the year. I bought the first 3 issues and then gave them to my little brother. He's 9 and I never let him read a comic without me around. But right now I dont even know where those comics are.
The fact that Thor said what he said just shows how badly written this event is. Its fan wanking now, along with its lame stunts.

@OhItsThatGuy said:

Anyone who thinks Thor<Hulk is smoking something major strong.

^This

And the fact that Thor beat Nul should prove this even further
#24 Posted by Blue Son (385 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enzeru:  

Okay...so to be argumentative is I may...based on the scans, there sheer FORCE of Betty and Bruce slamming into each other destroyed a planet...that means  

1) Hulk still solidifies his title as a true World Breaker 

2) Red She-Hulk now rivals super heavy hitter levels as well. 
#25 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001 said:
@Blue Son said:
In battle forums, a BFR is still considered a victory.
Yeah, a cheap victory. Just above stabbing some one in the back. 
#26 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (5913 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blue Son said:
@Super_SoldierXII:   Uh...dude...you need to re-read....  Even though the Worthy are inhabited by other beings, they're still being spoken to as their actual self. Captain America still refers to the Red Skull as her true self even though there is someone else in her body.  After Thor blasts Ben Grimm almost killing him in book five he turns to the Hulks and says, "Him I actually liked," "You have always been a pain in the ass."  Thor has NEVER fought Nul...ever...so it stands to reason that the person he is referring to is the Hulk. 

Lol. No no, I don't believe I do need to re-read. I'll explain; it's not that their vessels do not contain aspects of their hosts. The Worthy are their hosts, but so much more. The hammers have granted additional powers that set them far above their hosts original power levels and have also overridden their own free will while not necessarily erasing their identities.  

Hulk is Nul the Worthy in Fear Itself, first and foremost, while retaining memory and aspects of Hulk himself, he is substantially more powerful. Do you contest this? If you do, I believe it may be you who has to read a little more on Fear Itself. 

And do to grammer and tense used, it can easily be inferred that Thor was saying he could never have beaten Hulk as Nul. He went into the fight acknowledging he was out of his depth (or at least that was what he wanted Nul to believe before blasting him off planet).
#27 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_SoldierXII:  People need to learn that you can't judge something on what a character says, especially when they're being sarcastic
#28 Posted by Knightfall (323 posts) - - Show Bio

1. When Thor said he could never beat Hulk, he was referring to Hulk with the hammer.

2. Destroying a Dark Dimension planet doesn't tell us much. We don't know size, density, or even if it's gravity pulling it together.

#29 Posted by whacknasty (5573 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001 said:
@_slim_ said:

Thor still won via BFR.

This. Thor still beat Nul/Hulk. I don't know why people are making sush a big deal about Thor admitting He can't beat Hulk (which is untrue by the way). Also, I think he was being sarcastic. 

I like the "Did you now", before the send off. 

Lol. Why does Thor seem like such a bad a** to me now? Just moved up to my top 3 after reading some of his comments during this fight.
#30 Posted by JediXMan (27964 posts) - - Show Bio

This was when Hulk was possessed. Considering Thor has beaten Hulk in the past, I would say that was the reasoning.

#31 Posted by Blue Son (385 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_SoldierXII:  

The first and second part of your paragraph coincides with what I just said, it's no different then when  Donald Blake was a host body for Thor. So we're in agreement on that.   

What we are in argument with is who Thor is referring to...based on my interpretation it stands to reason Thor is talking directly to the Hulk even though he is now in Nul form. He made mention the Hulk has always been a pain in the ass to him which means he's probably referring to the may battles and fights they have had over the years, why would he say that, THEN say to Nul that he could never beat him when he's never fought Nul before to know whether he could actually beat him or not. That just makes no sense. I interpret that it is the Hulk he's actually talking to and about. 
#32 Posted by difficlus (10678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enzeru said:
@GrandSymbiote94 said:
Can I see scans of this?

The last panel on the picture should be kinda obvious... Green force + red force = yellow explosion (planet busting)
Well this sucks, is Red Hulk a planet buster now? 
#33 Posted by Knightfall (323 posts) - - Show Bio

BTW, this isn't a battle and should probably be moved to the Hulk forum.

#34 Posted by STR1 (40 posts) - - Show Bio
@Knightfall said:

1. When Thor said he could never beat Hulk, he was referring to Hulk with the hammer.  2. Destroying a Dark Dimension planet doesn't tell us much. We don't know size, density, or even if it's gravity pulling it together.

Its a comic! We can NEVER know the size, density or gravity of the planet. Just take it as the writer wrote it out to be....that Hulk destroyed a planet just like others have done so too, i.e. Lobo (DC)
#35 Edited by Blue Son (385 posts) - - Show Bio
@Knightfall:  

One...is to be disputed...like FOREVER... 

Two...dude...a PLANET is still a PLANET...and STILL an impressive feat on any scale....if you found out someone just blew up Pluto or Uranus with one shot and was coming to Earth, don't tell me you wouldn't be pissing yourself.  

I would...
#36 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Moving this to the Hulk thread.

#37 Posted by Knightfall (323 posts) - - Show Bio
@STR1: It's not a vaild feat to messure. We can't say that Hulk is stronger than so and so because he crushed a planet of unknown proportions. Not that it's not an impressive feat, and obviously so characters couldn't do it. Just because Hulk destroyed planet A doesn't mean he can destroy planet B.

@Blue Son: I don't think there is anything to dispute. Thor has beaten Hulk on several occasions. Why would he state he could never beat regular Hulk when he has done it more than once?

It's an impressive feat, just not one that can be measured very well in comparison to other. Pulling the tectonic plates together could have been a better feat than this.
#38 Posted by turoksonofstone (13194 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor fanboys taking this hard. lol.

#39 Posted by Blue Son (385 posts) - - Show Bio
@Knightfall:  

Don't get your logic in this...if Superman or Thor destroyed a planet...any planet for any necessary reason it's considered a valid feat, and I have yet to see a comic book writer go into the details of the " size, density, or even if it's gravity pulling it together" to justify either man mentioned destroying a planet if they have to, they just do it.  

The Hulk as pulled tectonic plates together in order to keep the planet Sakaar from ripping apart, now he's literally destroyed one...yeah he's up there in power level. 

Yes Thor has beaten Hulk, won't dispute this, but Hulk has also beaten Thor...on several occasions...and there isn't a lopsided win or lose in either of their columns to soundly say who is better than the other. Not to me anyway. 
#40 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus said:
Well this sucks, is Red Hulk a planet buster now? 
No, not really I guess... (it's the Red She-Hulk)
and they just busted a planet in the dark dimension, and even that only together (still a good feat, I guess). But I don't know how seriously we can take their planets =D
#41 Edited by Loki9876 (2981 posts) - - Show Bio

in physical strength he's maybe stronger but i can't believe with his other powers hulk is stronger than thor.
and with the comment "Did you now?" He's like "no, you were not.

#42 Posted by Knightfall (323 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blue Son: I wouldn't called it a valid feat. It's cool looking and great for story purposes, but not a great measure of strength unless it's a known planet that can be measured. Obviously, it puts him in a strength class above certain characters, but it doesn't make them measurably stronger than someone else in their weight class.

I'm not saying one is stronger or better than the other. I'm just stating that if Thor has beaten Hulk than he obviously wasn't saying he could, "never beat you" if he already has done it.
#43 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio
@_slim_ said:
Thor still won via BFR.
Yep. This is PIS.
#44 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (5913 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blue Son said:

@Super_SoldierXII:   The first and second part of your paragraph coincides with what I just said, it's no different then when  Donald Blake was a host body for Thor. So we're in agreement on that.    What we are in argument with is who Thor is referring to...based on my interpretation it stands to reason Thor is talking directly to the Hulk even though he is now in Nul form. He made mention the Hulk has always been a pain in the ass to him which means he's probably referring to the may battles and fights they have had over the years, why would he say that, THEN say to Nul that he could never beat him when he's never fought Nul before to know whether he could actually beat him or not. That just makes no sense. I interpret that it is the Hulk he's actually talking to and about. 

Well, Thor fought both Angrir and Nul and won. He dropped, depleted, at the end of the battle, but he still won. The major point is that while it's still Hulk, Nul is an enhanced Hulk, granted the power of the Worthy, facing Thor with Angrir at his side, and all that ultimately got him was sent into orbit.  

I feel it's Marvel making a statement with Thor. He's as powerful as they come. I thought for sure the two Worthy would have defeated Thor. The fact that Thor prevails in this battle where whole teams of X-Men, Avengers, Alpha Flight, New Mutants, I mean you name the team, they couldn't even make a dent in these dudes, speaks volumes. Thor handle two of them alone.  

And I tend to side with other readers, the comments were definitely sardonic, snide and glib in scope. Thor was taking a shot at Hulk (in more ways than one) in stating he could never beat him before hitting him into orbit. 

I feel the issue says more about Thor, and his power, than Hulk (enhanced as Nul) really.
#45 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

That was a pretty weak battle. If you draw any conclusions for either character from this I feel bad for you.

#46 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (5913 posts) - - Show Bio
@gravitypress said:

That was a pretty weak battle. If you draw any conclusions for either character from this I feel bad for you.

To what are you refering? The Fear Itself #5 battle? 

I draw conclusions based on how the battle concluded. Thor beat Angrir and pummeled Nul into orbit.  Ergo, Thor won.

The story left us to assume much of the battle occured off panel. But it still was what it was. If you, and your imagination, draw different conclusions because this story displeased you, then save your 'bad feelings' for yourself for I surely do not need them and am sure you'll relish in them far more than I. 

However, if you were refering to something else entirely, then you may disregard this post.
#47 Edited by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_SoldierXII: I was referring to:

1) It being way too quick
2) It being mostly off Panel
3) Thor would never admit out loud that someone could beat him

This is obviously PIS and would be awkward to say the least to draw a conclusion. The only winner is Marvels stockholders. I fear Fear Itself is a lame duck series devoid of any originality and feels like a bad 90s cartoon to me. I was just making a random statement not directing it at anyone in particular.

I believe that Thor saying he couldn't beat Nul was just a fan service to the crazy hulk fans so they wouldn't cry and cxl their prescriptions.
#48 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@venomoushatred1001:
I agree with you.

In any case guys, this IS NOT Hulk. This is Nul. Another creature altogether. The Thing, alone, could not have destroy Red Hulk the way he did. Angrir could. Can we all not see the difference here?

Thor is not admitting he could never beat Hulk at all. I don't know what book everyone else is reading. He is saying, to Nul, I could never beat YOU. After Nul arrogantly says "I know", Thor blithely states "did you now" before knocking Nul into orbit. Yes, this was clearly Thor being sardonic. Thor essentially handled an enhanced Hulk folks.

QFT

#49 Posted by Billy Batson (56948 posts) - - Show Bio

Go fanboys! 

BB

#50 Posted by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio

despite other factors, I have to agree that Hulks power levels were shown as very high in Incredible Hulks.

agree on the notion of amped by The Serpent in Fear Itself though (otherwise we would claim that Thing is suddenly tapping a hidden force in himself, which
wouldn't be true.) For my money Franklin Richards actually showed off the best in Fear itself, imo.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.