Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulks Anger and its limit

• 72 results
    DB14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By DB14

Even Greg effing Pak, the guy who wrote the strongest Hulk ever, acknowledged that even Hulk has it's limit and he will never be able to defeat the likes of Zeus or Galactus.

And against some people, he just shouldn't win. Ever.

That includes people with a more varied powerset like Gladiator or Thor or people that normally are immune to physical damage (like Juggernaut).

DB14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He said it right here

http://www.incrediblehulkonline.com/08242011news1.html

I think it’s important for every character to have a limit. That was a story about the Hulk going too far.

Black on white, there you have it.

There are some beings Hulk should never win against(unless some outside power is interfering) but those beings are not Gladiator or Thor and Hulk has proven that. Just because you have more versatility does not mean you automatically win, quality > quantity.

It's PIS, plain and simple.

Gladiator, Silver Surfer etc not using their superior speed (or Thor using things like Energy Draining, Dimension Dumping etc) against the Hulk is nothing but the writer either forgetting or deliberately overlooking those abilities. There is no way around it at all. Same goes for Grundy taking on any version of the Justice League.

Doom is another story entirely, as he doesn't just have brute strength, but is the second-most intelligent person on earth, as well as the second-most powerful Sorcerer.

And Juggernaut is not immune to physical damage, he is highly resistant but not immune.

With his Force Field on, he is literally immune to purely physical damage, that's why Thor had to drain his Force Field via his magical hammer.

DB14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By DB14

Silver Surfer in full speed is Silver Surfer going several times the speed of Light.

So if Hulk tagged him in *Full Speed* you either say that Hulk is a Lightspeeder or not.

And you also basically just argued that Spider-Man has a better reaction speed than Gladiator, Silver Surfer, Quicksilver etc

Do I really need to say more to this?

The way he said in the context of things i see it as he meant that Hulk went to far with his actions i didn't see him talking about the limit of his actual strength. Considering he keeps calling Hulk the strongest one there is as well as saying thinks like NO OTHER being on Earth would have done as good as Hulk did against Zeus not to mention talking about Zeus cheating in the fight. But i guess you forgot to mention those things.

Limit is limit. And what do you mean by *cheating*?

Is every character who has a powerset more than dumb brute force *cheating*?

Not to mention that he rectified that in a later Twitter exchange, he mentioned that it was meant to be ambigious.

But wheter he only used physical strength or not, does it matter?

If he did, it proves that Hulk is not the strongets one. If he didn't it proves that versaility > physical strength. IOn either way, Hulk has no chance against Zeus, period.

I meant Doomsday.

With Doomsday it's literally the same thing.

Hell, when Superman decided NOT being dumb enough to use his speed, DD couldn't event touch him

No Caption Provided

And paddling backwards with the *CIS* counter isn't working.

You said above

There are some beings Hulk should never win against(unless some outside power is interfering) but those beings are not Gladiator or Thor and Hulk has proven that.

And now you say

Thor is not gonna fight Hulk the same as he fights an evil entity that came to destroy the planet,

So you basically just admitted that Thor would destroy the Hulk if he would use all of his abilities.

And guess what Forum fights are all about?

There are feats to disprove this where he is shown feeling physical pain as well as getting knocked out.

And where in those encoutners was his force field on?

But anyway, I'm done with this, I say Hulk is not the strongest one there is and that people with a more varied powerset (and actually USING it) should always be above him, if they are on the same Tier as him.

If you disapprove, well, that`s your business.

fullm0on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By fullm0on

I say if you want the hulk to be at his MAX anger. liike nothing in the world could ever EVER make him more mad then do this. have...... oh wait if you havent seen avengers age of ultron dont real what i say next its kinda a tiny spoiler. Have black widdow calm him down alittle with the hand gesture she does. and when he starts to smile. put a bullet in the back of black widows head. the rage you will see from that. man you better not care about living or you better be able to teleport to another universe. or not really kill her but make scarlet witch make hulk think she was killed. telling you no one in the world would stop him unless they were going to kill. like an o.p character like the one above all or w/e.

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But the real question is this Anger is an emotion that feels just but anger is not something that grows

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By arthurkerr

The problem in most cases when you get angery is you turn off the thinking center of the brain and just become like a 2 year old. Most people platue some place anger is not something you just continue to grow , I was angry not I am upset ,I went from upset to pissed off I went from pissed off to really really angry.

so but then you have other things that really set the Hulk into not going to win land no matter how strong he gets. Galactus uses cosmic energy and forces he can change reality. He can say strong is weak and the hulk would not be able to lift his own hands yet alone fight. He can say the More mad hulk becomes the weaker he becomes.

This is the power of those that can alter reality at a whim.

One reason why nobody would mess with somebody that powerful.

The same would go for any cosmic beings they just do not do it.

Bruce Banner is the strong one of the power because he can look at a problem and come up with another way. Seldom do we see them do this but it was nice when the hulk was smart and strong because it showed he thought things out and was no longer Hulk Smash.

He was not the villain and for a bit was a true hero.

I hope he returns to being a hero again.

Avatar image for worldbreakerhulk
    worldbreakerhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulk will overpower galactus, you ll see it . and playing with words doesnt matter arthurkerr. galactus needs planets to survive , hulk........doesnt ! yeah in galacus s ugly face. agents of smash "galactus goes greeen" is an awesome episode cause hulk kicked his ass sooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@worldbreakerhulk: Well that is a childs show lol but you can argue comics are for children as well. I think you win this round

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the comic books it says hulk's anger is unlimited and so it is in the marvel universe.

Yes I understand that in real life anger must be in theory limited but this is not real life.

If you refer to real life Thor cannot control thunder because you can't in real life. Nor can you shoot lazers from your eyes or fly in the air.

Debate over.

LeRizador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By LeRizador

even if he did have no limits he still wouldn't be all powerful..

i mean superman has virtually no limits! Superman can beat Hulk. Hulk can't go to his limit in a split second if there was one anyways so ye

Also dude just let it go. A lot of things in comics don't make sense, are stupid, or just corny. But sometimes being wild is what draws me in

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Schwarz

@lerizador: This isn't a Hulk vs. or how fast or slow his anger can rise. The original post was "Hulks Anger and its limit" and the answer to this is in the comics repeated since the 70s. Hulk's anger has no limits. Yes Thor can Fly and antman can change his size and blahblahblah but the answer to the question without any random things that don't belong in this thread is yes Hulk's anger is limitless.

LeRizador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By LeRizador

@schwarz said:

@lerizador: This isn't a Hulk vs. or how fast or slow his anger can rise. The original post was "Hulks Anger and its limit" and the answer to this is in the comics repeated since the 70s. Hulk's anger has no limits. Yes Thor can Fly and antman can change his size and blahblahblah but the answer to the question without any random things that don't belong in this thread is yes Hulk's anger is limitless.

I can read English pretty well despite it not being my native tongue, thanks tho...taken from OP, "Okay i see many people who are probably fan boys say hulk can beat anyone , and they use one thing again and again that' (his anger is unlimited)

and that he can "beat anyone, is there any truth??" (he said something like that from what I remember)

So really there isn't 1 question...(i feel these questions are what he wants answered)

Does Hulk's anger have a limit?

(subquestion?)And does an unlimited anger mean he can beat anyone?

And yes ik about the anger limit situation and applying real life to comics always makes me lol

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lerizador: My bad, that's what happens when you get back to a 2 years old thread. There are so many Hulk anger limit posts. Really sorry I am in the wrong here.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he was constantly being pushed, like let's say someone put an indestructible device on his. Brain that makes him get angrier and angrier, he would become one of the most powerful forces in comics. But. Just because you have limitless potential in one< underlined area, doesn't mean you cannot be beaten. If that device was put on, he could become the most powerful destructive force in comics, but that doesn't mean TOAA/presence(omnipotent) or, after a long fight, spectre, or the living tribunal and 4th dimensional imps. So what I'm trying to say if you are limitless in one power, doesn't mean you are unbeatable. I'm pretty sure sentry+superman+Hyperion+gladiator+thor+wonder woman+ she hulk and other planet busters or possible planet busters+ everyone else who isn't omnipotent or nigh omnipotent including galactic and the like but excluding everyone imperiex level or higher (and 75/40 including them with 75% yes). Couldn't defeat him. Although in 616 universe? IM SORRY. NO. JUST NO. Unless it is to save everyone in the multimeter. And he temporarily sacrifices himself, only to come back with no memory. An that at best is only a 25% chance with a 95% chance of him gaining his memories back. But that's a story for another time, or possibly never, if another superheroe sacrifices themself.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Schwarz

With the device you are talking about he would get angrier and angrier absorbing all of the multiverse's gamma energy thus destroying the multiverse and everything living in it. He was at one point absorbing so much energy that dr strange warned that he could destroy the multiverse.

mace1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By mace1111

@db14 said:

Even Greg effing Pak, the guy who wrote the strongest Hulk ever, acknowledged that even Hulk has it's limit and he will never be able to defeat the likes of Zeus or Galactus.

And against some people, he just shouldn't win. Ever.

That includes people with a more varied powerset like Gladiator or Thor or people that normally are immune to physical damage (like Juggernaut).

You have a good point.

Unlimited/Incalculable strength

I will post this one last time,then that's it.

I post in the hulk forum recently but i decided to reply again to this subject,but in another hulk thread instead.I did it first in the battle forum for but this should be in the hulk forum.

I changed my mind again for now and and will say for marvel and dc thier is such a thing as limitless strength as long as hulk is not the only one to potentially have it.

Oh and this is for the nerds one more time who believe hulk and superman is the strongest,because they are not.There are other characters that were created to be just as strong or stronger the hulk and superman.

Example,the blue marvel's writer created blue marvel to be stronger then post-crisis and new 52 superman and he is stronger then superman.

Blue marvel has Incalculable strength and is at least as strong or stronger then hulk.

Blue marvel

Blue Marvel's powers are a result of being mutated, by radiation generated from the then unstable event horizon to the Negative Zone. His powers make him a force to be reckoned with, and one of the strongest beings in the Universe. He was considered to be an Alpha Level Threat by Captain America and Tony Stark.

Incalculable Strength: Blue Marvel possesses vast levels of superhuman strength, and is stated to be in the same league as Sentry, Hulk, and Thor strength wise; Blue Marvel has the potential to be the most powerful hero on Earth. He was seen effortlessly lifting the 1960 era's American warship 'Enterprise' which weighs over 93,000 tons, but is capable of greater feats of strength, as shown when he easily moved a meteor "easily the size of Arkansas". Blue Marvel is capable of lifting far in excess of 100 tons easily, as shown when he's lifted a disabled battleship weighing 100,000 tons and flew it back to port for repair. The Watcher said that Blue Marvel could have "split the moon in two" with one blow. Prince Namor himself stated that after Blue Marvel's long hiatus, that only the Hulk and Thor have hit him as hard. Blue Marvel went toe to toe with Sentry, as well as with the rest of the Avengers; he knocked Sentry unconscious into orbit in a single blow, for several minutes. Sentry barely beat Blue Marvel, requiring the distraction of a prolonged and exhausting fight with The Avengers including Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel, Ares and Iron Man to deliver a solid blow. The uppermost limits of Blue Marvel's strength is unknown, but it equals or exceeds the likes of a enraged Hulk, Sentry and others.

Incalculable means limitless.

Folks need to stop changing the definition to fit thier agenda.

Here is the definition of Incalculable.

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/incalculabl

Here is marvel's definition for Incalculable/limitless.

Hulk is not the only one to have potential for limitless strength.

Worldwide Comics Encyclopedia Website

Superhuman Strength (Power)

Definition for Marvel Comics

In the Marvel universe, Superhuman strength is often measured by a Class structure based on the number of tons a character can lift of his or her head, from 1 to 100 (Class 20, Class 50, Class 100, etc). Characters who can lift more than 100 tons often have incalculable or unlimited strength.

https://sites.google.com/site/gmanemwwcomicsenc/home/chapters-of-the-encyclopedia/by-categories/powers-category/Superhuman-Strength-Power

and

Superpower Wiki

Absolute Strength

The user possesses a limitless level of strength and offensive power that can distort or do immense damage to anything in existence. Sub-power of Absolute Condition. The highest form of Enhanced Strength.

Also Called

Cosmic Strength

Godlike Strength

Immeasurable Strength

Incalculable Strength

Incomprehensible Strength

Infinite Strength

Limitless Strength

Meta Strength

True Strength

Ultimate Strength

Unlimited Strength

Limitations

Though their level of strength is limitless, their level of stamina and endurance may be steadily exhausted/drained by their opponents over time.

The user may need to focus their force to do the required damage.

Those with Absolute Defense can possibly nullify the impact of the user's blow.

Without a proper restrain in strength, user can destroy their surroundings in the shockwaves they create.

Not all infinities are equal: some users of this power may still be weaker than others.

To read more click link below.

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Absolute_Strength

Hulk is not the only one to have potential for limitless strength

Strength Scale - Marvel Comics Database

Potentially incalculable, able to lift in excess of 100 tons

I repeat.

Hulk is not the only one to have potential for limitless strength.

Marvel's definition -Incalculable is the same as limitless.

So using marvel definition and the dictionary above Incalculable is the same as limitless.

So here are other marvel characters that have limitless or the potential for limitless strength.

Potentially incalculable, able to lift in excess of 100 tons

Absorbing Man (depending on his body composition)

Atum[

A-Bomb - 100 tons

Abomination 200 tons

Abraxas

Adversary

Agamotto

Ajax

Akhenaten

Apocalypse

Apocalypse Beast

Ares - (When wearing the gauntlets of Ares)

Atlas (Erik Josten)

Beta Ray Bill

Beyonder

Blackheart

Blue Marvel

Bor Burison

Captain Axis

Colossus

Darkoth (strength greatest while in Otherworld)

Dragon Man

Ego

Galactus

Gilgamesh

Gladiator (While his confidence is at its peak)

Groot

Hela (Provided she wears her cloak)

Hercules

Hulk (All Incarnations while in an enraged emotional state)

Hulk 2099 (He has a base strength level of 150 tons and his strength increases as he becomes angrier)

Iron Man -(While wearing the Hulkbuster Iron Man armor)

Juggernaut

Kurse

Living Tribunal

Lyra (through meditation)

Count Nefaria

Maxam (At his maximum size)

Thor

Nova (While supplementing his strength with the full might of the Nova Force)

Sentry

Thanos

Odin Borson (while supplementing his strength with the Odinforce)

Skaar (While in an enraged emotional state)

To see more open link

http://marvel.wikia.com/Strength_Scale

For More characters see here too.

Incalculable Strength - Marvel Comics Database

http://marvel.wikia.com/Category:Incalculable_Strength

Note- some others are left out but need to be on the list inside the link, but you get idea.

Here is the dc comics one for potentially Incalculable Strength/limitless Strength

Strength Scale information - The Full Wiki

http://misc.thefullwiki.org/Strength_Scale

Anyway after this i am not reading replies to my post here.

So it's best not to waste your time replying to my post.

That's it for it me.

By.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mace11: Wikipedia's are unreliable sources, that no one but you uses on these forums, therefore no one but you will take that post seriously.

Putting your fingers in your ear and going LALALALLA CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALA is also a good way to show how immature you are on top of lacking any common sense.

Bye and don't come back no one is gonna bother to read your copy pasting things from wiki's.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hulk is "strongest there is" people should get over it!

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takao0815: Deinen Englisch ist sehr gut., aber meinen Deutsch ist furchtbar.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.