Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk's Anger

Zenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zenma

whenever someone puts hulk in a battle, they always say he have unlimited strength due to his anger, but how angry can he get? Certainly he doesn't have unlimited anger, his mind is still human in terms of rage

So hulk does not have unlimited strength due to the limit of his mental mind

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Sparda
    Zenma said:
    "whenever someone puts hulk in a battle, they always say he have unlimited strength due to his anger, but how angry can he get? Certainly he doesn't have unlimited anger, his mind is still human in terms of rage

So hulk does not have unlimited strength due to the limit of his mental mind"

As a side effect of his mutation, he has unlimited anger (I believe).

It's in the Marvel Encyclopedia or something, I think.
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hadrelius
    Zenma said:
    "whenever someone puts hulk in a battle, they always say he have unlimited strength due to his anger, but how angry can he get? Certainly he doesn't have unlimited anger, his mind is still human in terms of rage

I've always saw it listed as he has the potential for unlimited strength. So I guess it depends on the type of Hulk it is at the time. Like the one that fought Onslaught.
    Zenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zenma
    Sparda said:
    "Zenma said:

It's in the Marvel Encyclopedia or something, I think."
    it's actually impossible to have unlimited anger, once you're angry you usually go to your most anger
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Sparda
    Zenma said:
    "Sparda said:
    "Zenma said:

it's actually impossible to have unlimited anger, once you're angry you usually go to your most anger"
    How much of what the Hulk does seems possible to you?

;)
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hadrelius
    Zenma said:
    "Sparda said:
    "Zenma said:

it's actually impossible to have unlimited anger, once you're angry you usually go to your most anger"

That's not true. There are levels of anger. It depends on what is the source of the anger. Like passion or hate.
    Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
    The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Hulk also gains strength through exerting himself.

And I think he gets weaker as he calms down.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Press Oblivion

Emotional stress of any sort triggers an adrenaline rush to the system that activates the transformation and the power.

I feel that the Television adaptation, of the Hulk, was the best explanation of the feats that the Hulk can do. In the show, Dr. David Banner was a physicist looking to tap into the strength that he believed all humans have, but only demonstrate when in dire need. Some of these actions borderline on a "miracle" level for instants, 5’3" mothers with no athletic inclination lifting cars off their children.

In the latest Hulk film, Banner has to end a romantic encounter abruptly as he’s afraid that increasing pace of his heart will trigger the transformation. Why anyone would want to stop gettin’ it on with Liv Tyler for that silly reason is beyond me though. :)

The more the Hulk feels that he’s in a dire situation the more adrenaline he produces equaling more power. This level of adrenal rush would be fatal to a normal human being and there have been many accounts of people dropping dead due to over excitement or over exertion, the heart can’t take it resulting in coronary failure.

hadrian29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hadrian29

So...his body is it's own little universe then? Because that's what "unlimited" power means? All the energy this universe can and will EVER produce. I don't buy it. The adrenaline explanation makes the most sense for his "madder I get/stronger I get" ability. But does he have an "unlimited" supply of the stuff? If so, where does it come from? Yeah...because it's comic I buy the his adrenaline is special...super even. I buy that it's more potent. I buy that his body can take the strain of using it more than any human being could. But come on. I'd have a hard time believing he's could even muster the same amount of energy the our sun will put out over the span of it's life-time just because he's pissed. And THAT'S far from "unlimited". I for one have alway felt that comic writers speak in hyperbole when they use words like "unlimited", "invulnerable", and indestructible". And when you talk about characters like the Hulk, Thor, Superman, etc, terms like that apply for all PRACTICAL purposes when ordinary human beings are concerned. But you apply any REAL literal meaning to them (even in a comic book), it gets a little ridiculous. Sure...no limit has been observed to the Hulk's strength when he gets angry. Doesn't mean there isn't one. I honestly think Hulk fans believe that lessens the character in some way. I think it'd be cool if he actually had a fight that was so epic the even his gamma juiced up physiology was taxed to it's limit. He'd have to win of course. He's the hero. But it'd be cool he kinda dropped to ground after dropping his foe. Not dead of course. Just unconscious. But if he really has "unlimited" strength, where's the challenge?

Avatar image for fernando072295reborn
    Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whether he has limits or not remains to be seen. Beyonder said his potential strength is limitless and the staple of his powerset is to gain strength with time. It's illogical and incalculable. And there's been no recorded limit.

BiMor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BiMor

@Sparda said:

Zenma said:

As a side effect of his mutation, he has unlimited anger (I believe).It's in the Marvel Encyclopedia or something, I think.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.