Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk vs Thanos

Avatar image for fernando072295reborn
    Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Props to Hulk for a good comeback there at the end. His will was able to contest Thanos' for a time :)

Avatar image for worldbreakerhulk
    worldbreakerhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By worldbreakerhulk

want some real fight..on a solid ground

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yeah that wasn't a proper fight, because as Banner commented, no damage was caused by any of Thanos' hits and vice versa. This comic needs to shape up quickly. Let Hulk break lose...its been more than mildly disappointing so far, although a few humorous bits in it

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A VR fight.... borrrrrinnng

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Yeah, I was expecting as much from Jim Starlin.

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
    UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Go Hulk

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thedailybagel  Moderator

Is starlin that eager to piss off hulk fans and protect his creation by having thanos stomp hulk in virtual reality? Really?

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@theacidskull: starlin could've at least used virtual reality as an excuse for hulk actually putting up a fight. But nope, starlin protects his creation again. It's even worse that he's having thanos save hulks a** in issue 4...

worldbreakerhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maaaaan, i hate hulk comics these days. Bring back greg pak or something....hulk doesn't look like himself. Nerd doc green, so called indestructible, whats the point? He's not even a little bit as angry as ww hulk. No wrath, no smash , hulk fans! And this hulk vs thanos event looks disappointing.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maaaaan, i hate hulk comics these days. Bring back greg pak or something....hulk doesn't look like himself. Nerd doc green, so called indestructible, whats the point? He's not even a little bit as angry as ww hulk. No wrath, no smash , hulk fans! And this hulk vs thanos event looks disappointing.

I agree! (although the Duggan stories are quite entertaining).

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already see in the next issue Hulk and Thanos team up to fight that power stealing bug.

Brutality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk Smash.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this book has been so stupid. This is not at all what i was expecting.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#17 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Just read the first two issues. It isn't that bad but sure suffers from a poor title.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already see in the next issue Hulk and Thanos team up to fight that power stealing bug.

I have a bad feeling Annihilhus is gonna beat up on Hulk and Thanos is gonna come in and stop him. Don't know why, but this has been a really disappointing book so far, although I did enjoy Hulk smashing up Blastaar.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been pretty good but nothing outstanding. Hulk taking Blastaar out was pretty entertaining. I hope to see Hulk smash Thanos a little bit after Thanos saves his life, but I kinda doubt that's going to happen.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..overall its been another cynical marketing exercise by Marvel. Get people hyped up and signed up over the premise of Thanos finally fighting Hulk with legendary Jim Starlin the writer. Then deliver absolutely nothing of the sort. I won't be fooled again. This is the last mini series Hulk special I sign up for! Another lack lustre Hulk comic in a long run of lack lustre Hulk comics going back to Grek pak's sign off. We, the Hulk fans, deserve better!

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: I honestly think Marvel has no clue what the Hulk fans want, or they just don't care. It's impossible for them to be this far off for 5 years now... I am waiting for Dystopia in Secret Wars to be about Deadpool riding on a elephant trying to hunt down Maestro lol. Well it probably wont be THAT stupid.. But seriously i hope at least they don't fuck up everything involving Hulk during the event.

worldbreakerhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read #3 issue. Gotta feeling, hulk is about to land some punches on thanos's face. During all these years, hulk finaly got his chance to go toe to toe with thanos and.......savage hulk?? Really nigga?? Dumbest hulk with no tactics and fighting skills. keep calm and mourn hulk fans. Take your grieving moment....but you can have a little hope, our savage 5 year old kid has got some awesome feats too....:D

Slowdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk > slowdinson

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read the latest it was pure sh*t. F*ck this dude for doing Hulk like this. Making him run like a b*tch. This whole little mini arc was false advertising. He just trying to promote the lame Pip. I dont think even Waid disrespected Hulk this much. Now we got another bug with Hulk powers. Yeah I think just about all Marvel writers need to lay off Hulk for a while.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bonifidehustla

@medulaoblaganda said:

@bonifidehustla: i have a feeling that hulk popularity will die down soon.

Maybe in the comic world but not in animated or live action. Not even the most popular heroes in comics got their own cartoons. Hulk is in 2 lol.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well according to sales, the Hulk comics is basically already dead. I have stopped buying them a while back.The "who shot bruce banner" was the last straw for me. It is all downhill from there

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Schwarz

Hulk vs Thanos series... let me get this straight. Hulk and Thanos fought in VR for a few panels then thanos got purged out and they never actually VSed... wow marvel wow good job...

Sooo Hulk vs Thanos

Thanos fans don't get much action except the VR and Hulk fans get a Hulk who fights run fight and get teleported out of the fight. so who is this comic intended for ? Way to go on the money grabbing scheme Marvel. Not much to see for any fans here...meh boring series.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What an utter disappointment, but the biggest thing that upsets me is that Marvel so easily and openly advertised this cash cow as a VS of 2 titans just to bring in the sales. Yet all we had was a VR fight in issue 2, other than that it was pointless. The writer just took the opportunity to use it as a set up for his Thanos imperative story he is writing.

Once again Marvel get's away with it.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medulaoblaganda: yeah i agree. i feel writers don't even know what to do with him anymore. all they do is depower him all the time. lol

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GreenScar1990

@schwarz: @medulaoblaganda: @atheistknowledge:

It all comes to down to the same problem myself and others have been stating for about 4-5 years now. What happened to great Hulk comics? When was the last time we've seen Hulk do something incredible, powerful, and awe-inducing?

It feels like most writers have forgotten or don't care about the Hulk. They don't see him on the same level as Thor or Superman. Despite the fact that is Hulk is just as powerful as either one of them. And has done feats that put theirs to shame, and beaten those who are of the same powerclass numerous times.

Heck, Fixit & Professor weren't the most powerful Hulks either. But they're still can slug it out Thor & Juggernaut on even terms. It appears that there's a lack of respect and appreciation of the Hulk character in general from some writers. If the current writers loved the Hulk and portrayed him in a manner similar to his animated "Hulk and the Agents of SMASH" or "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" in terms of personality, power, and the levels of threats he faces in those animated adventures... I'd be willing to bet that the Hulk series would become a truly smashing success (pun may or may not be intended).

The problem is that we need a talented writer who actually gives a damn, loves the character and his history, and it actually willing to utilize the limitless potential that the Hulk has to offer. We need writers like:

• Geoff Johns
    • Cullen Bunn
    • Chris Yost
    • Greg Pak
    • Peter David
    • Chris Gage
    • J. Michael Straczynski
    • Kieron Gillen
    • Al Ewing
    • Joss Whedon
    • Scott Snyder

If we could get one of these writers on the Hulk series, and pair him with a solid A-list artist, I think the comic would make an incredible comeback.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: the same thing they did to sentry, thats the way they will do to hulk in comic .

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990

I wonder what are your thoughts on this abomination series. I have no faith that we will get a talented writer that gives a damn anytime soon. Our only hope is Maestro but since he's a villain he will lose in some shitty way. I wouldnt be surprised if its a regular human that beat him.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well at least meastro will hold his own on probably an attack of multiple heroes so to me one on 10 is still good showing plus they are talking about Odin so if they fight toe to toe that will be amazing !

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schwarz said:

well at least meastro will hold his own on probably an attack of multiple heroes so to me one on 10 is still good showing plus they are talking about Odin so if they fight toe to toe that will be amazing !

I hope it's amazing. I just think they will strip him of some powers. I hope I'm wrong though. I want Odin at full power and Maestro to whoop his ass.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based purely on recent history and hyping of comics, I don't expect him to ever fight Odin.

@schwarz said:

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the end I think it really showed that this was originally 2 issues of the Savage Hulk book that had nothing to do with "Thanos vs Hulk" but was just meant to set up Starlin's next Infinity blah-blah.

I dont think Hulk was disrespected though unlike some people. Anyone who bought the book on the other hand...

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By bonifidehustla

In the end I think it really showed that this was originally 2 issues of the Savage Hulk book that had nothing to do with "Thanos vs Hulk" but was just meant to set up Starlin's next Infinity blah-blah.

I dont think Hulk was disrespected though unlike some people. Anyone who bought the book on the other hand...

Come on now Hulk running that is him being disrespected. I dont mind him losing fights but running out of fear. You probably can't name one time Hulk ran away like a girl from a fight. I didn't think about the Savage Hulk I forgot that was cancelled.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What an utter disappointment, but the biggest thing that upsets me is that Marvel so easily and openly advertised this cash cow as a VS of 2 titans just to bring in the sales. Yet all we had was a VR fight in issue 2, other than that it was pointless. The writer just took the opportunity to use it as a set up for his Thanos imperative story he is writing.

Once again Marvel get's away with it.

This reflects my opinion totally. So utterly disappointed with a trashy four comic run that cost nearly 16 dollars and DIDNT have Hulk v Thanos....the last issue was just a joke. For a so called Hulk fan, Jim Starling wrote the book with a complete lack of respect for the green goliath!

I have almost given up hope of ever reading a decent Hulk comic....

Having said that, Spiderman 2099 'Issue 9 was cool.....you can at least rely on Peter David to write some cool Hulk related stories..

hulk465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By hulk465

Thanos vs. Hulk was a big let down. I expected at least one full issue dedicated to an actual fight out of the 4 issues. The art was good and the story wasn't bad, but instead of only a VR fight it should've also been a real fight in the last issue. When a comic says "VERSES" the issue should actually show a "real" fight. In Infinity issue 6 I actually thought that Thanos and Hulk would go H2H, instead we got his lackey de-powering Hulk and another Thor and Thanos fight goes H2H that frankly I've see already. I expected way more from Starlin and from Marvel when we would finally SEE an actual throw down between the 2. Nobody got the balls at Marvel to write a good Hulk vs.Thanos story, what a joke. Damn whatever happen to the good old days when the had good verses comics like- Superman vs. Spider-man, Batman vs. Hulk, Superman vs. Shazam. Those issues were events to behold. Now we got boot-leg "verses" issues where the opponents don't actually meet.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By KingOfKings1

Another easy win for Thanos . Thanos should always mop the floor with the Hulk .

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another easy win for Thanos . Thanos should always mop the floor with the Hulk .

I wonder why you trolling so much. Thats how i know you aint read it because it wasnt about Thanos at all.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By GreenScar1990

@bonifidehustla: Eh, he's simply a trolling loser. Guess he has nothing else to do than try to be more pathetic than he already is. I mean, quite honestly, it's obvious that he hasn't even read anything regarding the Hulk. Let alone the horrible Hulk Vs. Thanos mini.

hulk465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By hulk465

FACT: Thanos has never knocked out Hulk in comic book history. Even that blow that Thanos gave to Hulk which sent him flying into the city did nothing, Hulk just got right up to press the attack. If Thanos minions were not there the outcome of the battle would have been very different, considering that Hulk had Avengers back up.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingofkings1: LOL did you read the comics ? There was no fight except a VR one where no one won and Thanos got sucked out of the VR...

smashwilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins.,

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.