Hulk Vs Rulk: My Opinion on Who would Win

Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

i'll be giving my opinion on who would win, and i'll be evaluating their fights . i'll give the conditions and the setting of the fight. If anyone knows me on comic they know that i adore hulk, but i love Rulk too, thanks to jeff parker, so i'll be as fair as possible, and i won't play favorites...he he he he.......

Red hulk Vs The Hulk

the reason i started this thread is because many people claim that the Savage Hulk< Rulk, which i completely disagree with. and then thy proceeded to bring examples of the battles they had during the loeb run without considering the circumstances

i think these are pretty much all the fights rulk and hulk had.

HULK #4

Fight scene -

After Rulk is done with a-bomb, the watcher appears out of nowhere , Rulk jumps at him and starts pummeling him into the ground , hulk catches his hand and they start brawling. Hulk seems to gain the upper hand , but Rulks breaks his hand and hulk gets KO'd. ( see the rest in the scans)

Evaluation -

Do you see whats wrong with this? rulk not only pummeled the watcher, and nearly killed hulk but also owned Odin force Thor....yeah. lets consider that rulk was a new character, so in order to attract fans, He beat up the watcher, schooled hulk, and beat up thor. This is one of the reasons the term Loeb Force was created....

Another problem with this is that Hulk got Ko'd when he got his arm broken, which is not accurate because hulk becomes stronger with pain, and has ressisted far greater forces without being KO'd, he had all of his skin and part of his muscle mass were flayed by Vector; It took the Hulk a few minutes to recover the mass and heal completely ( take note that this is proff hulk who's powers do not fluctuate with anger)

Result- rulk through the power off PIS, and i really dislike using this term

HULK #6

Fight scene-

After rulk beats up thor, he jumps form the moon to the earth, and finds hulk waiting for him , they start fighting and rulk seems to gain the upper hand and knocks hulk around , but then thor comes back for payback and almost kills rulk, until Hulk jumps in and and proclaims that he has to be the one who must defeat the rulk. Hulk lets Red Hulk beat on so that his anger levels can fluctuate, rulk becomes to hot and overheats because of hi anger( in case you didn't know , and then is KO'd by the Green hulk.

Evaluation -

Not really much to say about this, this fight seemed fair to me, rulk was doing well and overheats, while hulk become stronger with pain and anger.

Results-

Hulk wins

HULK #11 And HULK 12#

Fight scene-

• Red Hulk and Hulk are pitted against each other underwater by the grandmaster. This is Not the savage Hulk, as you can see he speaks in full sentences, thsi hulk in particular was Jarella lover. The Fight and duke it out and then rulk stabs hulk with a scepter and kills him.
  • hulk punches Rulk through a mountain, but when he comes back he leaves because he realizes that he had caused hulk far more pain than he could have imagined

Evaluation -

lets consider some important Factors

• Hulk was holding back
  • as seen in the 5th Scan he could have killed rulk
  • This arc was full of Pis and here is why: Rulk killed dr strange, baron mordo, Terrax, SS, Namor, and beat the living Tar out of Grandmaster

Result -

Rulk won round one due to a plot devise , and the second was never finished.

Hulk 24#

Fight Scene -

red hulk declares that he is in charge at the white house but is interrupted by none other than the HULK. They duke it out and despite rulks best efforts , he could not defeat Th HULK

Evaluation

My primary concern is to prove that savage Hulk > Rulk, but in this case hulk was an insanely powerful version of the HULK, so he really had no chance.

Result

Hulk won

INCREDIBLE HULK #600

Fight Scene

during a spider-man vs Rulk battle hulk gets angry and saves spider-man, hulk and rulk exchange a few punches and ross absorbing the hulk right out of banner

Evaluation

both seemed on equal grounds until rulk cured banner of hulk, which is why i begin to have problems,mainly because many peopla have tried to use hulks powers and yet he still retained them, only SS managed to temporarily revert hulk into banner . Hulk can manipulate energy so not sure why rulk was able to do this.. here are some examples

With a clever assist from Goldbug to induce panic and anger, Savage Hulk overloads Tyrannus' draining devices

Draining via magic is similarly fruitless. Here, the Spirit Stone of Pariah drains Savage Hulk as his Banner side fights to permit it to drain his lifeforce, but realizing that Pariah would be a threat to the world, he lets Savage Hulk take over who immediately escapes Pariah's grip and overpowers the Spirit Stone

Randau, an alien who has challenged and nearly bested Terrax with his energy draining, completely fails to drain Savage Hulk.

i've made my point

Result -

Rulk won by absorbing hulks energy

The Conclusion

In the end i'd like to say that the fight between savage hulk vs rulk could go either way , but the chance's lean toward Hulk because

• Hulk strength/durability/healing rate increases with anger
  • Rulk can overload from getting angry

and more importantly current rulk has lost his absorbing abilities ( well lost is the wrong term since rulk deliberatley doesn't use these powers to presearve his human form, but it would not any difference) so there is no question on who would win

these scans pretty mush sum up my opinion , hope i wasn't to bias

#1 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

#2 Posted by God_Spawn (37898 posts) - - Show Bio

It was good. Some points I disagree with but I'm not here to start any arguments. Oh, and Rulk didn't beat Thor. Next issue, Thor was smacking him around like a rag doll and almost killed him if A-Bomb didn't stop him cause it was Hulk's fight.

#3 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

It was good. Some points I disagree with but I'm not here to start any arguments. Oh, and Rulk didn't beat Thor. Next issue, Thor was smacking him around like a rag doll and almost killed him if A-Bomb didn't stop him cause it was Hulk's fight.

i know :D, i mentioned it , but then thor comes back for payback and almost kills rulk, until Hulk jumps in and and proclaims that he has to be the one who must defeat the rulk

i only said that he beat thor to draw attention from fans, which is why he beat hulk, ss, grandmaster, the watcher and etc .

thanks for cheeking it out , oh and if you can i'd like to hear your opinion, what do you disagree about :)), you always have great and well though arguments :D

#4 Posted by Lvenger (19965 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah Hulk vs Rulk. The new Superman vs Supergirl. Nice post with excellent evaluation of the scans. And I agree with your conclusion. Savage Hulk>Rulk (just about) and Green Scar>>>Rulk.

#5 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Ah Hulk vs Rulk. The new Superman vs Supergirl. Nice post with excellent evaluation of the scans. And I agree with your conclusion. Savage Hulk>Rulk (just about) and Green Scar>>>Rulk.

thanks buddy :DD

#6 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

This is great. I do like these break downs of fights :)

#7 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

This is great. I do like these break downs of fights :)

#8 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

I like your panel-to-panel analysis.

The advantage that Rulk has is his self-controls and fighting skills he learnt from the military, not to mention he has higher base strength to start with. If he plays correctly, he could beat Savage Hulk by knocking him out before he gets any madder and overpowering him.

On your first analysis, I have one point to share, it's a cliche for a new introduced character (especially if they're villains) to be unbeatable. Eventually after Rulk joins the Avengers, he is jobbed just like any former villains. Just like Wonder Man, Vision, and out-of-control Hulk where it took the entire team to restrain them in the past, but get humiliated during their heroic work.

#9 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@AngryHulks said:

I like your panel-to-panel analysis.

The advantage that Rulk has is his self-controls and fighting skills he learnt from the military, not to mention he has higher base strength to start with. If he plays correctly, he could beat Savage Hulk by knocking him out before he gets any madder and overpowering him.

On your first analysis, I have one point to share, it's a cliche for a new introduced character (especially if they're villains) to be unbeatable. Eventually after Rulk joins the Avengers, he is jobbed just like any former villains. Just like Wonder Man, Vision, and out-of-control Hulk where it took the entire team to restrain them in the past, but get humiliated during their heroic work.

great points, but blonsky had military training too, so i'd say abomination and rulk have the same way to beat savage hulk, but most times they fail

and i agree on the indreduction of the villains :D

thanks for sharing your thoughts buddy :D

#10 Edited by Mirabel (1087 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say that classi, chaos war, and ghost blonsky were a bit stronger than Rulk (okay, ghost and chaos blonsky were hugely and omgwtfbbqly more powerful than rulk respectively), but Ross is more skilled of a fighter.   Rulk I would say is one and a half time savage hulk's level, vs classic blonsky's two to three times.   I'd also say that the main reason Ross beat banner in his early bouts, other than the typical new character owns all thing, is that Rulk at his prime had passive energy absorbtion, allowing him to maintain his lead over hulk.  But once Galactus blasted him, he lost his passive absorbption power and needed to actively drain his foes.   Currently, I'd agree with Acid and say that Rulk is no longer a match for either Ghost Blonsky or Hulk.   He's been soundly trounced by both.

#11 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mirabel said:

I'd say that classi, chaos war, and ghost blonsky were a bit stronger than Rulk (okay, ghost and chaos blonsky were hugely and omgwtfbbqly more powerful than rulk respectively), but Ross is more skilled of a fighter. Rulk I would say is one and a half time savage hulk's level, vs classic blonsky's two to three times. I'd also say that the main reason Ross beat banner in his early bouts, other than the typical new character owns all thing, is that Rulk at his prime had passive energy absorbtion, allowing him to maintain his lead over hulk. But once Galactus blasted him, he lost his passive absorbption power and needed to actively drain his foes. Currently, I'd agree with Acid and say that Rulk is no longer a match for either Ghost Blonsky or Hulk. He's been soundly trounced by both.

Yes rulk is nowhere near as strong as he was, yet savage hulk is depicted to be stronger ( sorry it took me so long to reply)

#12 Posted by Oscars94 (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk smash puny Ross.

#13 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Oscars94: HULK SMASH !

#14 Posted by 80sBaby (1344 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice blog post, Acid! Always enjoy your wrok.

#15 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sBaby said:

Nice blog post, Acid! Always enjoy your wrok.

Thank you very very much ! :)

#16 Edited by gou10t (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Destroying organic tissue doesn't kill Hulk so it questionable whenever someone says that he's about to die.

Fueled by the universes limitless atomic energy, gamma rays in particular , Hulk instantly augments his DNA molecule in proportion to stress which in turn assembles the protein constructs of the body's different cells/tissue/organs, and in Hulk's case, very quickly. The assembly of proteins is not instant but given the Hulk's maintenance of his DNA molecule in proportion to stress, he will always eventually completely reform.

Rulk is just a failed knock-off of the original Hulk whose was fueled by PIS when he first appeared in comics. Rulk can't compare to the original Hulk because the intelligencia wanted something more controllable.

#17 Posted by pinso (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@gou10t said:

Destroying organic tissue doesn't kill Hulk so it questionable whenever someone says that he's about to die.

Fueled by the universes limitless atomic energy, gamma rays in particular , Hulk instantly augments his DNA molecule in proportion to stress which in turn assembles the protein constructs of the body's different cells/tissue/organs, and in Hulk's case, very quickly. The assembly of proteins is not instant but given the Hulk's maintenance of his DNA molecule in proportion to stress, he will always eventually completely reform.

Rulk is just a failed knock-off of the original Hulk whose was fueled by PIS when he first appeared in comics. Rulk can't compare to the original Hulk because the intelligencia wanted something more controllable.

Since all these characters are hypothetical but still its a nice way of puting HULK anotomy or ability of healing factor in one's hypothesis.

Nice post for not- patronizing your favourite character, i believe this battle between RULK and HULK was after the WORLD WAR HULK issue, i expected some real changes in HULK ability and personality. Although i was not suprised when RULK thrashes HULKS in some issues , since RULK was all too new characters for HULK to predict his moves and HULK said many times he was studying or learning about him. But i was really suprised when RULK breaks HULKS arm, but still a nice comparative conclusion. I dont know if its only me but RULK does look more fiercer than HULK with those RED colour all over him....

My opinion is same like your conclusion.

#18 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont believe that Rulk<Savage Hulk. Since the whole idea of Red hulk was to create a character that can finaly rival Hulk and become his new nemesis since abomination looked terribly weak in the post WWH world. But the project "Red Hulk" wasnt successful enough so they just depowerd him and made him one of the so many Hulks, unfortunatelly....

#19 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: I dont believe that Rulk<Savage Hulk. Since the whole idea of Red hulk was to create a character that can finaly rival Hulk and become his new nemesis since abomination looked terribly weak in the post WWH world. But the project "Red Hulk" wasnt successful enough so they just depowerd him and made him one of the so many Hulks, unfortunatelly....

#20 Posted by Dernman (15105 posts) - - Show Bio

I never thought Rulk > Hulk sooo........

#21 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with everything you said in your blog. The one point I would make is that Rulk should be able to beat Savage Hulk with cunning, but he tries to beat Hulk in a stand up fight out of arrogance and ends up getting smashed.

#22 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd also like to see Abomination beating Rulk, Ross' war hero experience may trump Blonsky's spy training, but Emil has had far, far more time to get used to fighting as a member of the class 100+ league than Ross has. And now that Ross' trump card is removed, Abomination should beat him. Rulk I'd say is about in the 150-250 ton range, with a potential for much more during "Adrenaline quotient" moments (My term for when characters with fixed strength pull off feats way above their level, logically assuming that if adrenaline can make a normal person lift a car, a class one hundred person could do feats well into the thousands of tons), while Abomination goes from 200-500 tons, with 150 being his minimum, and of course, his own Adrenaline quotient. But of course, unlike Hulk and like regular people, their Adrenaline quotient has a cap, while Hulk's can just keep on building, but I digress.

Another reason why I believe Abomination should beat Hulk is that he's far more durable. Even the Hulk is pound for pound less durable than Abomination is. It's much easier to draw blood from the Hulks as they still have human like skin, it's much harder, with higher strength in all categories, and substantially thicker than normal human skin, but it's still got the same basic principles and isn't *that* hard, Hulk himself has a history of being easier to injure with piercing or slashing attacks than blunt force trauma. The two Abominations though, have gone from hard scales that only kind of edged out Hulk in durability, to their current Nigh invulnerable carapaces that even a pissed off Hulk has trouble seriously damaging.

Without his fancy gun, I don't see Rulk penetrating that any day soon, as Blonsky's mutation has developed quite interestingly over the years. Even though he never quite permanently regained his lost strength, he grew more powerful and durable over the years as his condition progressed. Watch how he went from scaley and only moderately stronger than Hulk to Carapaced and probably stronger than his initial levels (2-300 tons, before his death I'd say at about 500) despite not having recovered the two thirds of gamma radiation that Banner stole early on in his career. If Blonsky were to be given that initial boost back, I could see him being well into the thousands of tons and being nearly impossibly durable.

Another advantage Blonsky has over Rulk is that his mutation gave him something Hulk never had, natural weaponry. Hulk generally has to make do with the same kinds of attacks a Human can make, a very strong human, but he can't make edged attacks on his own. Abomination though, developed claws and sharp teeth later on in his career. Claws that Chaos War Abomination showed could go through Hulk's skin with ease, and while Chaos War Abomination is ridiculously buffed up (quite possibly in the millions given his one shotting the Hulk's shielded vessel feat), I wouldn't say that Mikaboshi's amp made his claws any sharper.

So I think a rematch between Rulk and the Abomination once Blonsky no longer is a ghost should go in Abomination's favor, he's likely stronger, he's decidedly more durable, he has more experience fighting as a monster than Ross does, he's got some melee tricks Ross just plain doesn't have, and the Abomination is just plain more integral to the character of Hulk. As for Ross' trump card of heat production, I can't see Rulk getting hot enough to really bother Blonsky before overheating, and Ross is very hesitant to use Energy siphoning even when it could have given him an easy win due to the risk of remaining Rulk forever.

That being said, if Blonsky ever returns, I'd like to see them mesh the bony projections and digitrade legs of MCU Abomination and the current scaley green carapace and reptillian features of 616 abomination. It'd look hella badass if done right.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.