Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk Smashes Saturday Morning On Super Hero Squad Show

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Have you been watching the Super Hero Squad Show on Cartoon Network?  It's a show meant for the younger viewers but it does have things you can enjoy as well.  What I really like is how there isn't a set group of lead characters.  You never know who will be in the spotlight in the next show.  Actually, I'm going to tell you who.  On Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 8:30 you can catch the third episode (guess we're not counting the pilot as episode 1) on Cartoon Network.  In "Hulk Talk Smack," Hulk gets gray (and smart).

After fighting Klaw and Screaming Mimi, the Incredible Hulk becomes the Intelligent Hulk.  As the other heroes are fighting to save Super Hero City, Falcon and Wasp have to babysit the radically changed Hulk.

For more information, you can check out www.superherosquad.com.

No Caption Provided
    And here's a new trailer for the show (not for this episode) so you can get an idea of what it's like and who might pop in.

Dupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Dupe

Never heard of it before. Probably because i'm not American. :p 

Are they only Marvel characters or from other companies as well?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

It is a U.S. show but it's airing in Canada Teletoon and will stark in the UK this month on NickToons.  Not sure where you're from.

It is just Marvel characters but potentially any Marvel characters can show up.

Dupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dupe

Well I'm from Holland but if it's going to be aired in the UK, it won't be long until it makes it way over here. 

Hm.. does sound interesting but it probably won't be succes here, Marvel isn't too popular over here.

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1

at the intro of every episode when hulk gets the fractal he turns into grey hulk really quickly and then they zoom out and show Thor Chasing MODOK

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I am actually enjoying this show a great deal. It almost brings me back to when Saturday morning cartoons were good. Most of the characters characterization are spot on to what one would want for a kids show. Stark can't be a drunk womanizer so he's a know it all, I can only imagine how bad Reed will be :) Cap is the stereotypical gung ho military type. And lets not forget Hulk, I was never a huge Hulk fan but whenever he's on the screen I have to laugh cause he's always doing something fun, wither its yelling at the phone to prove he's the loudest there is or just running through walls when a door is right there. I hope this show has a long and healthy run.

E.I.S.A.M.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By E.I.S.A.M.

This looks fun. They aren't taking it seriously and they're up-front about it, so you have to appreciate it for what it's presented as. I'm kinda looking forward to it...

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Adam Michaels

Here in Canada, this episode aired last week, which is a very fun episode.  

In fact, I'm enjoying this show so far. Despite it's more kiddy theme and animation, it's really a show I don't have to think in. What I mean is that with all other shows like Wolverine and the X-Men, The Spectacular Spider-Man, and Iron Man: Armored Adventures, I have expectations as to how they bring comics stories to life, as well as how they portray the characters. 

Anyways, with Super Hero Squad, I don't find myself thinking anything. I just sit back, relax, and enjoy the show. Not to mention, for once, so many of Marvel's characters are being brought together in one show. We get lesser known characters and I think that's awesome. 

Not to mention, I just find this show funny.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By damswedon

so its Mini Marvels animated?
    Awesome

Psychotime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Psychotime
    @damswedon:  No, it's not, unfortunately. It's based on the toy line.

I'm weirded out by how many characters Tom Kenny voices. The only one that makes sense is MODOK. I can't say the same for Iron Man and Captain America.

The Red Guy as Dr. Doom is kinda cool, though.
    Obsurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Obsurity

Is this Marvel's answer to Batman:Brave in and the Bold? Both kid friendly interpretation of the characters 

I'd watch it but I'm yet to see it on CN
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gmanfromheck

My daughter thought it was funny that Abomination had stink issues.  Earlier this week I was driving her to school and we drove through one of those random farty smelling areas and she started waving her hand in front of nose and said, "It smells like the Abomination..."  Cracked me up.

The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The Hottness

GO grey hulk

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bruce Vain

I watched all 4 episodes so far. I like the show but Hulk can get annoying sometimes. Too much of the yelling and with him being completely stupid. I also loved Things appearance in the show. A good show but I wouldn't say it's better than Brave and the Bold though. Curious to see how they do Punisher though. ha ha ha ha
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14  Edited By damswedon
    @Psychotime: its cute and kinda stupid versions of the normal marvel heroes. Thats more or less the definition of mini marvels, therefore its essentially mini marvels the animated series. the fact that it was made to promote toys means nothing.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @damswedon: I really wished they made a cartoon based on Mini Marvels.  It's a little more mature and funny as hell.  Sure this is a marketing venue for the toyline but I say if it gets the 'kids' hooked and more importantly educated about comics and the characters, great.  Most kids know the main characters but they probably didn't know about characters like Wasp, Falcon or MODOK.  Everyone should know about MODOK.
    Psychotime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Psychotime
    @G-Man said:
    " @damswedon: I really wished they made a cartoon based on Mini Marvels.  It's a little more mature and funny as hell.  Sure this is a marketing venue for the toyline but I say if it gets the 'kids' hooked and more importantly educated about comics and the characters, great.  Most kids know the main characters but they probably didn't know about characters like Wasp, Falcon or MODOK.  Everyone should know about MODOK. "
    Seconded.
    Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By Nahero

that was awesome

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Stormultt

i find the show nice and funny, may not be for adults but i sure as hell luv it!
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Media_Master

Trailer looks good

Naomi Kale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Naomi Kale

I like this show, it's funny. Can't wait to see Colossus.  
    Great Trailer. :)
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#21  Edited By Decept-O

Made me laugh, looks like fun.  Kids need something fun pertaining to super heroes. 
    abtin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By abtin

i saw one episode, not bad, not great.
    I noticed a lack of Cap in the show, not only in the episode i saw but in the opening sequence too.
    Personally I love cap, and am surprised they aren't trying to use him more.  
    After all who's a better role model for kids?

Xill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Xill

I'm slightly pissed that they had to release this show so soon after the buyout. 
    "Trust me you guys, nothing about marvel is gonna change, We're not gonna make all the character bug eyed 
    and adorable" Bam
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Watch Dog

I just saw it today and it was great my son loved it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.