Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk's Reflexes

• 65 results
    Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Erkan12

We all know Hulk has incredible reflexes, and i find some quantifiable classic Hulk feats...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Lightning-fast reflexes, not bad...

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DarthAznable

Found this where he tagged Quicksilver. I hate having to search for scans I could produce but lack a scanner.

No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Saren

Lightning-fast reflexes makes him as fast as Deathstroke.

No Caption Provided

Congratulations, Hulk. You have street-level speed.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hulk is the FASTEST there is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

No Caption Provided

/thread right here.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RaynorJ

This was a really bad thread... it was so easy to make fun of even a moderator could do it... oh..

Abnegazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes This is also often proven when the Hulk fight with beings of extreme speed.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Erkan12

@saren said:

No Caption Provided

The big difference is ; Narrator (author) and a regular human (exaggerating with fear) telling the story........

Hulk haters gonna hate......

@darthaznable said:

Found this where he tagged Quicksilver. I hate having to search for scans I could produce but lack a scanner.

No Caption Provided

This one was good mate. It seems no one exaggerating with fear, and Narrator telling the story.

@abnegazar said:

Exactly.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wolverine008

"Hulk haters gonna hate......"

Dem lightning fast reflexes though! Impossible to miss!

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Erkan12
    @wolverine08 said:

"Hulk haters gonna hate......"

Dem lightning fast reflexes though! Impossible to miss!

You didn't understand the difference too it seems.

• Narrator of the chapter
    • Frightened people

For non-hulk haters it is really simple imo.

@theacidskull said:

Hyperbole.

Vector's is the power to repel matter. And a formidable power it is. But he at whom it is directed is practically impervious to pain... And posses lightning-fast reflexes that enable him to catch the objects hurtling at him in mid-flight....

There is no hyperbole.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lvenger

@erkan12 said:

@saren said:

No Caption Provided

The big difference is ; Narrator (author) and a regular human (exaggerating with fear) telling the story........

@darthaznable said:

No Caption Provided

This one was good mate. It seems no one exaggerating with fear, and Narrator telling the story.

@abnegazar said:

Exactly.

"Because obviously Hulk must have lightning fast reflexes as opposed to the OP's exaggeration of the feat when Hulk's had trouble consistently tagging street levellers!" You show your own arguments up all too hilariously well. Illogical haters gonna hate the logic and actual reasoning used. For people who actually know the context of the feats, it's simple to see the flaws and obvious conclusion that Hulk has street level reflexes at best.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So does that mean anyone who can dodge the hulks blows are faster than lightning?

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Erkan12

@lvenger said:

"Because obviously Hulk must have lightning fast reflexes as opposed to the OP's exaggeration of the feat when Hulk's had trouble consistently tagging street levellers!" You show your own arguments up all too hilariously well. Illogical haters gonna hate the logic and actual reasoning used. For people who actually know the context of the feats, it's simple to see the flaws and obvious conclusion that Hulk has street level reflexes at best.

Can you read properly ? Because if you can, and if you are not ''hulk hater'' then you can easily understand the difference between contexts of the scans....

• Narrater
    • Frightened people

Really simple.

Hulk has at least ''lightning-fast'' reflexes. And claiming ''street-level'' is ridiculous claim, only comes from ''hulk haters'' ....

@w0nd said:

So does that mean anyone who can dodge the hulks blows are faster than lightning?

If you are going to connect this question with Wolverine battles, no. It is same as Superman vs Batman battles (PIS). But with Thor battles, probably. Since Thor is at least fast as lightning in terms of combat.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: Or maybe it's hard to understand for Hulk fanboys :)

Avatar image for jaxthejester_2014
    jaxthejester_2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why exactly is comparing Hulk's speed to Deathstroke's speed a bad thing? Deathstroke has incredible reaction speed. He has a running history of tagging speedsters, and his boosted reaction speed has been directly sited on-panel as one of the mechanics that allows him to do so. And it seems prudent to point out that you do not have to match another person's speed to tag them in combat. There are a plethora of factors that feed into combat mechanics. I think folks get far to strung up on raw speed being the end-all/be-all of combat prowess. Speed is a factor. But it is not the only factor.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it safe to say Hulk has better reaction then Thor? I've seen more modern on panel feats for Hulks reflexes/ reaction then Thor.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08:

I am sure it is, especially after you claimed it. But still i didn't take any logical answer for narrator and frightened people differences.

DaseanComerWCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@erkan12 said:

@saren said:

No Caption Provided

@darthaznable said:

No Caption Provided

@abnegazar said:

Exactly.

yep even in the movies

Loading Video...

he cant be going anywere under 300 mph

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it safe to say Hulk has better reaction then Thor? I've seen more modern on panel feats for Hulks reflexes/ reaction then Thor.

Pretty much. Hulk can at least tag the street levellers he's fighting with his own hands.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@wolverine08:

Yes he us!!

Actually a lot of people confuse agility with reflex and speed. Put it this way, is a Bentley fast? Sure is, agile, er no. The reason Hulk struggles with someone like Spiderman or other streetlevellers is simply the fact that Spidey is a much smaller, more agile opponent. Due to his size and bulk, the Hulk cannot perform backflips and cannot weave and duck. Coming to cars again, bit like said Bentley trying to track down a Mini along a narrow winding country lane. Bentley is faster and more powerful, the Mini nimbler. Hulk definitely has greater than street level speed and reflexes, but by nature isn't going to be the nimblest and most agile guy out there!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lvenger

@bezza: Can you prove he has greater than street level speed and reflexes though? Because no one else has done so thus far.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

....in terms of speed, can any of the street levellers run at 300 MPH? In terms of reflexes, no I agree he doesn't beat Spiderman etc...perhaps I should have said "peak human". Always get confused in my head as to what "street level" is. I mean peak humans by that. But I stand by my comment that speed and agility are not the same thing and one of the reasons Spiderman, Wolverine etc dodge Hulk is simple agility. He is a big bulky guy and they are smaller nimbler people. Its like me trying to tag my 8 year old sometimes when she is bucking and weaving!! No, Spiderman has amazing reflexes and can dodge bullets etc, I cant prove to you he beats this. Happy?!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: You do realise that the so called 300mph speed didn't help him hit Daredevil at all who was constantly dodging and weaving out of all his attacks? Even with Waid's speed boost, Hulk was unable to tag the peak human Daredevil which really shows his difficulty in tagging street levellers. Also I'm afraid your assertion is incorrect and that speed is one of the main reasons why Spider-Man, Wolverine etc can dodge Hulk. Spidey's dodged bullets being fired from a high powered rifle with ease without Spider-Sense for assistance and Wolverine has blitzed Sabretooth with ease. That requires speed AND agility thus nullifying your original point easily. They are nimbler and more agile but they also have the necessary speed to keep out of Hulk's reach easily. Spider-Man and Logan are definitely faster than Hulk in combat speed and Hulk's inability to tag Daredevil recently only confirms his lacking combat speed.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

here you go again, debating against someone in regard to Hulk's abilities on the Hulk thread... even after I stick up for you on here on a previous thread!! You cant help yourself....and you wonder why you get a bad name on here - lol! Yes Spidey and Wolverine have dodged Hulk before, as I explained above, size, agility etc, but Hulk CAN tag them too. I won't bother scanning the Hulk v Wolverine fight from WWH where Hulk tagged Wolverine with ease, because I can't win this debate, ! I'm outta here.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Yeah I was gonna be out of here after my last post too but thanks for responding first, I appreciate it.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Let's just ignore the fact that Hulk was blind at that moment because whether or not you have the ability to see does not affect your ability to tag anyone. Not to mention that if he had actually "tagged" DD in that state DD would be nothing more than a red bloodstain on the wall. Hulk can tag DD and has tagged faster opponents then him in the same series, you should know this.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj: He can tag DD, I wasn't saying that. But it was crystal clear beyond reasonable doubt that Hulk was having a hard time tagging Daredevil just like the trouble he has tagging other street levellers. Simple as that really.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: He was BLIND. How much trouble he would have tagging DD when he can actually SEE him we don't know it might not be any different but i find it absolutely ridiculous to use it as a be all end all argument.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj said:

@lvenger: He was BLIND. How much trouble he would have tagging DD when he can actually SEE him we don't know it might not be any different but i find it absolutely ridiculous to use it as a be all end all argument.

Yes, Hulk was blind which obviously inhibited his chances of tagging DD. But as fast as Hulk has become, he still doesn't have lighting fast reflexes which the OP so dearly claims. That's the point me and Lvenger are trying to make. Hopefully tho, The speed factor will diminish as waid goes on with his run, but I doubt it, if Streetlevels couldn't dodge hulks attacks they would basically be taken out within seconds :/

Actually, a typical lightining bolt moves at3,700 miles per second. Hulk has moved faster with jumps or with earthshaking strikes.

Hulk has always been extremely fast, but some of the artwork in his latest books just put more emphasis on that.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By dum529001

@theacidskull said:

@dum529001 said:

@theacidskull said:

@raynorj said:

Yes, Hulk was blind which obviously inhibited his chances of tagging DD. But as fast as Hulk has become, he still doesn't have lighting fast reflexes which the OP so dearly claims. That's the point me and Lvenger are trying to make. Hopefully tho, The speed factor will diminish as waid goes on with his run, but I doubt it, if Streetlevels couldn't dodge hulks attacks they would basically be taken out within seconds :/

Actually, a typical lightining bolt moves at3,700 miles per second. Hulk has moved faster with jumps or with earthshaking strikes.

Hulk has always been extremely fast, but some of the artwork in his latest books just put more emphasis on that.

really fast IN TERMS of moving speed/ velocity maybe, but not in reflexes and reaction timing.

What's your basis for that? Hulk fighting low level people who he's hesistant to use anywhere near his full power on?

That not having him having bad reflexes, that's just not him not using his reflexes.

Are some people trying to say Hulk is mentally retarded or something?

And if people are waiting for Hulk to dodge everything people throw at him when its obvious he doesn't need to since "Nothing Stops The Hulk!", then they are wasting their time.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj said:

I never said he did have lightning fast reflexes. If Lvenger is trying to make a point he is using a pretty bad example instead he should just throw every other fight where Hulk fights a street level opponent and has trouble tagging them that doesn't involve him being BLIND. There are plenty of those examples. Not necessarily you have street level opponents and guys with nowhere near light speed movement and reflexes that tag guys like Superman, WW, even Flash... Of course it's always PIS, the same would happen if Marvel actually focused on speed as much as DC did, Hulk would still get tagged by guys much slower than him and only very rarely would he just go up to Spiderman and take him out in one strike before Spiderman reacts or even realizes what happened.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always felt his reflexes should be just above peak human

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Erkan12

Lets see the difference again....

Frightened Person's POV : ''But i gained instant respect when i saw him in action. I had never seen any human like that. He was LIKE lightning itself; his movements impossibly smooth and steady.''

And mine scan ;

Narrator of the Chapter : Vector's is the power to repel matter. And a formidable power it is. But he at whom it is directed is practically impervious to pain... And posses lightning-fast reflexes that enable him to catch the objects hurtling at him in mid-flight....

@theacidskull said:

@erkan12: It's hyperbole, if he had lighting fast reflexes spider-man and wolverine wouldn't be able to jump around the hulk.

Then Superman would not take a punch from Batman. These are PIS. If there is no PIS, then the conclusion is clear ;

No Caption Provided

And spiderman absolutely is not a regular street level, he can dodge even combined teams as x-men or fantastic four, his spider sense is absolutely remarkable and Hulk manage to catch him in many occasion.

@daseancomerwcr

that was a good example of Hulk's super speed mate, and in avenger movie i believe he showed his lightning fast reflexes too.

No Caption Provided

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By dorukesin

agreed with the OP

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@theacidskull:

Spider-Man has pre-cognition though, that power isn't universally granted to all street levelers. Even amongst the various tiers stats can vary wildly. Spider-Man is a street leveler with reflexes that go beyond his station.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: Spider-man is still regarded as a street leveler, whether you consider him to be one or not. My point is that no matter what was stated a long time ago, most writers would let any street level dodge hulks attacks, because other wise they'd get easily KO'd. That's something that won't change.

This is the reply I meant to give Lvenger, rather than losing my cool with him in my last post... ! (I gave myself a red card and banned myself for 3 days from here after than outburst-lol!!)...Its the same as Superman and Flash, they get tagged because otherwise they would annhilate everyone. Hulk mainly shows faster than street level speed when fighting top tier characters like Silver Surfer, Hyperion, Sentry etc...

Raycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Raycat

Hyperbole.

So you think these are ''hyperbole'' too huh ?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Catching Hawk Eye's arrow...

No Caption Provided

Even Superman said ; Hulk is FAST.

Raycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Raycat

@raycat: Only the first two are valid, the 3rd one is non canon.

Being non-canon only affects the storyline. Being official is matters (like databooks), and that comic is official.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.