Hulk respect/appreciation thread

• 68 results
#1 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

A place for Hulk fans to discuss their favourite things about the Jade Giant. Please, no bashing here. You ahve something to say, PM. If you start crap in this thread, there will be serious repercussions. Anyway, long live Hulk!

#2 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulks alright. I don't know how long this thread will last until someone starts bashing the Hulk, but I like him.

#3 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Phorqe says:

"Hulks alright. I don't know how long this thread will last until someone starts bashing the Hulk, but I like him."

I'll defend him to the death.

@Walkingstone: RUN FO COVA!!!!

#4 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

Eepness, don't let Methos see this ;)

#5 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I guess that shows me how many Hulk fans there are, lol.

#6 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulks weak! WWHulk is king!

#7 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

I once loved the Hulk but fanboys have ruined him for me

#8 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Sir Donnie says:

"I once loved the Hulk but fanboys have ruined him for me"

Yeah.....everyone hates fanboys. Well.....uh....anyone have fav stories? I liked Dogs Of War, and Future Imperfect.
Post Edited:2007-08-29 13:59:34

#9 Posted by Mr. Ubiquitous (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk has been a top 10 fav of mine since I was a wee lad. He's just an awesome character, with a underatted complexity, that adds to his lore. Great character...

Hulk SMASH... puny haterade drinkers
Post Edited:2007-08-29 14:01:45

#10 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Ubiquitous says:

"Hulk has been a top 10 fav of mine since I was a wee lad. He's just an awesome character, with a underratted complexity, that adds to his lore. Great character...*Hulk SMASH... puny haterade drinkers*"

Yes! A fellow fan! Hulk is my favourite comic character. He's great.

#11 Posted by Final Arrow (24383 posts) - - Show Bio

Shhhhhh dont let Methos see this place.

#12 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Shadow Arrow says:

"Shhhhhh dont let Methos see this place."

I think he's getting ready to drop a bomb on it......

#13 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

i love hulk... and WWH is great... he's getting the respect he deserves in marvel

#14 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#15 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

i like hulk i think he is cool

#16 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

The Mighty Thor says:

"i like hulk i think he is cool"

I also like Thor. What's your fav. Hulk fight you've seen?

#17 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"The Mighty Thor says:
I also like Thor. What's your fav. Hulk fight you've seen?"

i haven't seen that many hulks fight cause i just got back into comics two months ago

#18 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

The Mighty Thor says:

"Sparda says:
"The Mighty Thor says:
I also like Thor. What's your fav. Hulk fight you've seen?"

i haven't seen that many hulks fight cause i just got back into comics two months ago"

I see. Well, I personally like when Hulk fought Abomination after he killed Betty......Hulk punched his face so hard that the mountains around them shook.

#19 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

I got a tiberium bomb with this thread's name on it!!! lol just jk.

#20 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

You forgot to put this part down indestructible this is also part of that long list he posted he didn't put this part in he cut it out.

Lower-end power occasions

Beyond being a creation that per definition varies greatly in power, as in the case with other Marvel Comics powerhouses like Juggernaut burned by a chandelier, Silver Surfer unable to break the grip of Black Panther, or Thor being injured by Mongoose and rendered unconscious by a shot to the head from a conventional handgun, comicbook characters are sometimes displayed at wildly differing levels to fit story conveniences (or the interpretation/unfamiliarity of the writer in regards to the character) and greatly shifting personal bias. Hulk has overall been shown to grow vastly more powerful from his origins in the 60's and 70's, but even in recent years has occasionally been displayed at seemingly mindboggling lows. Listed below in order of scale/embarrassment, with references of date.

1. Passing out from asphyxiation due to being strangled less than a minute by an ordinary python.

2. Spider-Man reminiscing about Captain America withstanding the Hulk's blows and knocking him out.

3. Injured by a Wolverine restricted to bone claws, and a pygmy Wendigo.

4. Hurt by Deadpool's regular steel swords and impaled by a lamppost.

5. Several Spanish citizens transformed by Diablo based on the Hulk's appearance, leisurely beaten by a 25-feet tall Giant-Man.

Knocked unconscious by Spider-Man throwing a truck at him, as relayed by an audience of drunks.

#21 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is the man. His stories entertain me to no small end.

HURRAH FOR HULK!

#22 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

thats not mine from a blog on myspace i'd be happy to give you the link.

#23 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"You forgot to put this part down indestructible this is also part of that long list he posted he didn't put this part in he cut it out.Lower-end power occasionsBeyond being a creation that per definition varies greatly in power, as in the case with other Marvel Comics powerhouses like Juggernaut burned by a chandelier, Silver Surfer unable to break the grip of Black Panther, or Thor being injured by Mongoose and rendered unconscious by a shot to the head from a conventional handgun, comicbook characters are sometimes displayed at wildly differing levels to fit story conveniences (or the interpretation/unfamiliarity of the writer in regards to the character) and greatly shifting personal bias. Hulk has overall been shown to grow vastly more powerful from his origins in the 60's and 70's, but even in recent years has occasionally been displayed at seemingly mindboggling lows. Listed below in order of scale/embarrassment, with references of date.. Passing out from asphyxiation due to being strangled less than a minute by an ordinary python.. Spider-Man reminiscing about Captain America withstanding the Hulk's blows and knocking him out.. Injured by a Wolverine restricted to bone claws, and a pygmy Wendigo.. Hurt by Deadpool's regular steel swords and impaled by a lamppost.. Several Spanish citizens transformed by Diablo based on the Hulk's appearance, leisurely beaten by a 25-feet tall Giant-Man.Knocked unconscious by Spider-Man throwing a truck at him, as relayed by an audience of drunks."

GACK!

It's like the archive of crappy Hulk writing.....

#25 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"thats not mine from a blog on myspace i'd be happy to give you the link."

I kinda figured, lol. I'd like the link, thanks. I'm going off for a while though, so I'll see ya later.

#26 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol i already told you i read this like the day before you posted it.

#27 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

i'am a hulk fan too

#28 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

yay me

#29 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk's ok

#30 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Hulk. He is not my favorite, but I have never had anything against him.

The Green Scar is ok in my book. /thumbsup

#31 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

i just dont like when people overrate him. its as bad as people overrating thor!

#32 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol :)

#33 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Indestructable Tanks says:

"Apparition says:
"i just dont like when people overrate him. its as bad as people overrating thor!"
Your just not as into comic as we are. "

lol really? i very much doubt that.

#34 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"i just dont like when people overrate him. its as bad as people overrating thor!"

Hey... mumbles something under his breath

:)

#35 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"*starts to search for that Black Adam thread again* *digging* *diggin* "Ah forget it""

lol thank goodness!

#36 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

starts to search for that Black Adam thread again

digging

diggin

"Ah forget it"

#37 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

jqntaylor says:

"HULK RULES MARVEL"

need i say more

#38 Posted by BlackHulkZilla (151 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"A place for Hulk fans to discuss their favourite things about the Jade Giant. Please, no bashing here. You ahve something to say, PM. If you start crap in this thread, there will be serious repercussions. Anyway, long live Hulk!
SPARDA" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2267/193856-hulk_400.jpg"SPARDA whats up dude its ya boy BHZ,hey really appreciate this thread,cause their is 2 much hulk hating going on,they b hating,and dont even know what their talking about,HULK is 1 of comics elite characters regardless of what they say he has been around a long time,and his character has opened doors 4 other characters like a juggernaut,and a doomsday,and so on,like him or not he is a comic ICON good looking out sparda,get back at me soon hommie.
#39 Posted by BlackHulkZilla (151 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

u mean underrate him,or overhate on him,cause the way most people on this site hate on hulk,u think hulk was real,and had raped,and killed their families or sumthing,hes anything but overrated though.
#40 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk is a marvel heavy weight. He's iconic figure. I won't say that he can beat everyone but he's not a push over to anyone short those cosmic types (and some them can't him.) When it comes to strength alone no one can touch him. His is limitless.

#41 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!

#42 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

BlackHulkZilla says:

"Sparda says:
"A place for Hulk fans to discuss their favourite things about the Jade Giant. Please, no bashing here. You ahve something to say, PM. If you start crap in this thread, there will be serious repercussions. Anyway, long live Hulk!
SPARDA" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2267/193856-hulk_400.jpg"
SPARDA whats up dude its ya boy BHZ,hey really appreciate this thread,cause their is 2 much hulk hating going on,they b hating,and dont even know what their talking about,HULK is 1 of comics elite characters regardless of what they say he has been around a long time,and his character has opened doors 4 other characters like a juggernaut,and a doomsday,and so on,like him or not he is a comic ICON good looking out sparda,get back at me soon hommie."

Yeah! Hulk's the most iconic strongman out there. Thanks.

@Alpha: HAIL!

#43 Posted by Eraser (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"I once loved the Hulk but fanboys have ruined him for me"

Well I guess you really never "loved" the Hulk, if all it takes is blind admiration from others to dissuade you.

#44 Posted by Eraser (234 posts) - - Show Bio

I have two favorite Hulk stories, or moments -

The first is a battle he had with Thor. I forget the issue, but I do have it at home. He whipped Thors ass, and when Thor was down, Hulk stomped into a crater. Then he just walked off - Priceless!!

The second is his battle with Gladiator. People hyped the Gladiator up so much. In the issue where they fought, Hulk defeated him and was dragging him around by his cape - Priceless!!

The WWH storyline was just icing on the cake. Blackbolt fanboys are still crying over that one!

#45 Posted by the bulkling (65 posts) - - Show Bio

best hulk fight ever him vs juggs

#46 Posted by !Drake! (1880 posts) - - Show Bio

Eraser says:

"I have two favorite Hulk stories, or moments - The first is a battle he had with Thor. I forget the issue, but I do have it at home. He whipped Thors ass, and when Thor was down, Hulk stomped into a crater. Then he just walked off - Priceless!! The second is his battle with Gladiator. People hyped the Gladiator up so much. In the issue where they fought, Hulk defeated him and was dragging him around by his cape - Priceless!! The WWH storyline was just icing on the cake. Blackbolt fanboys are still crying over that one!"
#47 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

For my Hulk feelings:

HULK IS AWESOME LONG LIVE THE HULK!

==

YOU ARE F*ING AWESOMe!!!!!!!!!!!!

==

I've liked the hulk since I was five!

#48 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's get Hulk's respect and disrespect thread going at once!

#49 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

ohh i can see the foam on their mouths O.o

#50 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
zero edge said:
"Let's get Hulk's respect and disrespect thread going at once!
"

LOL

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.