Hulk power question ... maybe I'm missing something.

#1 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

How I see Hulk's power.

Hulk has a base power level, some noted 100 ton on this site.  Now the madder and more damage he takes the stronger he gets.  So any fight with a person of 100 ton or more will look the exact same, hulk and said person will be trading punches as hulk will only gain power that is right around that persons level.  So a fight with the thing will look the same as a fight with thor. This makes hulk look like he is having trouble with the thing but really what is happening is he can't grow bigger/stronger because the thing isn't hitting him hard enough to make him get stronger. (i.e. 100 ton person hits him he gets a tad stronger say 110 ton str. 200 ton person hits him he grows to about 210 str.)

Hulks power is more or less limitless, or we have not seen him reach his peak yet so how strong he can get we do not know. 

To beat hulk (very possible) you really just have to beat his healing factor and his durability.  So best to go all out when he is at 100 ton str?

I was just curious if this is how his powers are because this would mean that everyone 100 ton + would be on par with hulk if not a little behind as I would assume hulk would get just a tad stronger than the hits he takes.

Am I right about this or am I getting his powers totally mixed up.  I ask this due to some reading around and some people making hulk sound like a chump, then I came to this forum and he seems to be beast.

#2 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Where did the damage taking aspect come from? I never knew he had that.

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24967 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk's power is only limited by his opponent's ability to piss him off, their power level has nothing to do with it, give Hulk 20 minutes with deadpool and he'd probably be able to knock down a celestial

#4 Posted by Chaos Burn (1787 posts) - - Show Bio

doesn't how angry Bruce Banner is effect how strong the Hulk starts off?

#5 Posted by PowerHerc (85113 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk's baseline strength is now the ability to lift approximately 100 tons.

The ammount the Hulk's strength increases is contingent on his level of anger/fear (when Banner)/stress; not damage inflicted by an opponent.

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24967 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc: He seems to be confusing Hulk with Sebastion Shaw or Strong Guy
#7 Posted by PowerHerc (85113 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@PowerHerc: He seems to be confusing Hulk with Sebastion Shaw or Strong Guy

Could be. Good call.

#8 Edited by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought I missed something. Hulk is only as angry as his mind lets him be. When he turns mindlessly enraged he cannot be further enraged. So their must be a limit to his strength. What that limit is is unknown but it seems to be below sky-father level by decent margin.

#9 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

"Pain can also increase his strength level exponentially, as well as gaining strength the more he exerts himself"  

Taken from Hulk's bio on this website ... that is where I got pain increasing his strength level.

#10 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2228 posts) - - Show Bio
@sandiego008 said:
"Pain can also increase his strength level exponentially, as well as gaining strength the more he exerts himself"    Taken from Hulk's bio on this website ... that is where I got pain increasing his strength level.
That should be a given though.  Getting punched in the face tends to piss people off.
#11 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad said:
@sandiego008 said:
"Pain can also increase his strength level exponentially, as well as gaining strength the more he exerts himself"    Taken from Hulk's bio on this website ... that is where I got pain increasing his strength level.
That should be a given though.  Getting punched in the face tends to piss people off.
Well I guess getting punched in the face harder would piss someone off more ... so damage dealt to Hulk will increase his strength on varying levels thus a punch by thing won't make him much stronger ... but a punch from thor will make him much stronger ... so my theory isn't really that far off ... right?
#12 Posted by joshmightbe (24967 posts) - - Show Bio
@sandiego008: thats flawed logic because the actual damage does nothing
#13 Posted by _Marco_Smith_ (1621 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know. I think Hulk would get angrier in a fight against Thing than Thor. I mean who wouldn't be angry when you're getting pitted against an orange rocky turd man? I'd be pretty pissed off if that happened to me. Hulk want A listers! Raaaagh!

#14 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Marco_Smith_ said:
I don't know. I think Hulk would get angrier in a fight against Thing than Thor. I mean who wouldn't be angry when you're getting pitted against an orange rocky turd man? I'd be pretty pissed off if that happened to me. Hulk want A listers! Raaaagh!
LOL! 
#15 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Well of couse the more you're hurt the more you're pissed (in Hulk case anyway) and since he has an incredible healing factor he just keep getting stronger.

#16 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Various versions of Banner/Hulk have different base strength levels, and also different rage potential. Hulk "change" trigger has also varied at times. Hulk can see interact with other-dimensional/Spirit types without additional aid. 

#17 Posted by The Stegman (25166 posts) - - Show Bio

i think there are only two real ways to beat hulk 

1. calm him down 

2. hit him with enough force BEFORE he is enraged to k.o him and stop further transformations 

#18 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
@sandiego008: thats flawed logic because the actual damage does nothing
How is that flawed.  If you got hit and it was like getting tapped w/ a pencil on the head ... how mad would you be?  Now if you got hit and almost got K.O.'ed ... how mad would you be? His strength (unless vs. a cocky talking person ... or just a persistent person) won't evolve a ton.  Makes me wonder why spider man always talks trash to him.
#19 Posted by joshmightbe (24967 posts) - - Show Bio

Its flawed because you're equating the actual physical damage with his power increase when really he could get just as pissed without even getting hit so the damage isn't a factor worth pointing out because it is aside from the point the emotion it triggers is the only factor that matters in his strength increase, as for the Spiderman question, despite being very intelligent Peter doesn't know when to shut up 

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24967 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been a Hulk fan for 25 years I believe I know a few things about his power

#21 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
I've been a Hulk fan for 25 years I believe I know a few things about his power
I'm here asking questions about him so I can understand his powers ... as I've stated what I was lead to believe based on Hulk comics I've read.  

@sandiego008 said:

No one has really said anything to dispute this ... which is taken directly from this website, as I didn't think that hulk got stronger from pain I thought it was from making him madder however when I was trying to understand his powers I came across this.  All that was said to this was ...

@ThanosIsMad said:

All I am saying is that I would think getting punched in a face harder would piss someone off more, as it would definitely piss me off more.

All that aside this site still says " Pain can also increase his strength level exponentially, as well as gaining strength the more he exerts himself"  I didn't write it I'm just trying to understand his powers.  No one has disputed this in this thread yet.  And I'm curious on when/how it was found out that pain makes him stronger as well as exerting himself and getting madder.  As I always thought he just got stronger because he got madder and if he was exerting himself or if he was getting hurt he would just get madder like a 4 year old kid who keeps getting pushed to the ground.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.