Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk movie possible spoilers

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Hulk & Drax might be cool if thats how Marvel actually does it

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull It's still a rumor though it looks to be a pretty solid one. I find all of this news pretty cool, what are you not sure about?

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@raynorj said:

@theacidskull It's still a rumor though it looks to be a pretty solid one. I find all of this news pretty cool, what are you not sure about?

I'm not sure how I feel about Hulk teaming up with the Guardians of the galaxy. IN fact, I don't like the idea.

I agree with Skullboy. Hulk deserves another stand alone movie. Plus, if the set up for the Leader just fades away I'm going to pointlessly get mildly annoyed.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@theacidskull:

Right? I liked the Hulk movie. I was excited for the sequel. Not complaining about Avengers, but yeah, still want another Hulk movie.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull What i personally find great about all of this is the fact that Hulk is the main focus here. All we hear about news from Avengers 2 is about Hulk literally 90% of it and it's all just telling us how much they wanna focus on him, how much he is gonna play a role, etc... And now they also want to throw him into another team which probably isn't bad. It sucks that he wont get his standalone movie but the time for that will come as well after all Rufallo said Planet Hulk is not something they wanna do YET.

I wanna see a new Hulk movie, i really do but i am not sure i have much confidence in them making a good standalone Hulk movie atm. To be honest as much as i love some of the Hulk villains he honestly has one of the worst rogue galleries out of any mainstream superhero out there.

SuperRifain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me I said yes for Planet Hulk and WWH

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Bout time,the first movie was great.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I do like this idea better than a straight up Planet Hulk movie. Whilst Planet Hulk is easily one of the best Hulk stories of all time, its format isn't the best for adapting into a movie. In that epic odyssey, Hulk takes up almost all of the screen time in the story with Banner barely emerging. Thus, it leaves out one of the most crucial components of why the latest Hulk in Avengers worked so well aka Mark Ruffalo's performance. Planet Hulk would cut out his screen time by a lot whereas this idea would allow for more Ruffalo/Banner screen time. The next solo Hulk film would still need more division between Banner and Hulk rather than the major Hulk screen time in Planet Hulk. It may not be ideal for Hulk to join up with the Guardians but it would at least give him more of a presence in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as well as lead up to his own movie.

Though I'd prefer Hulk got his own solo movie rather than this idea.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I do believe a Planet Hulk film could be done.

If you want more Banner, there's always the option of inserting flashback scenes or have Banner converse with the Hulk in their mind/psyche and give him some ideas/suggestions. Hell, you could do Banner & Hulk in the same manner of Fight Club, even with Hulk still have the majority of the screen time and it'd still work.

Nonetheless, I do like the idea of Hulk leading an entire galaxy against the forces of Thanos. I mean, Hulk/Banner in space? Teaming with the Guardians of the Galaxy? Facing down all kinds of powerful cosmic threats and alien armadas? And the potential to have characters from Planet Hulk involved (Caiera, Elloe, Hiroim, Korg, Miek, etc.)?! I don't know about the rest of you, but that sounds awesome!

It also sounds like we'll get a more progressed, Green Scar/Green King version of the Hulk. I mean, even Mark Ruffalo stated that he wanted to explore the unique relationship dynamic between Hulk & Banner. Meaning he wants to go in deeper to the point that Hulk & Banner are the same, yet different. Same individual, yet at the same time two very different entities. I also like that he understands and knows what Planet Hulk is & what happens in that story. To me, that sounds like he has a great deal of respect and likes the character's rich history/mythology.

These links revealed some very interesting news and information.

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/what-mark-ruffalos-not-telling-you-when-he-talks-about-marvels-planet-hulk-plans

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=102615

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Could-Another-Team-Up-Hulk-Future-Avengers-2-43682.html

http://www.latino-review.com/news/marvelous-da7e-53-fear-of-a-hulk-planet

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would that mean WWH ? If Hulk thinks the Avengers did it hed be extremely angry

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.