Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk is underestimated...

• 77 results
    gethere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By gethere
    @Valtot:  well it true he has never discharge gamma radiation on the level of world war hulk, but he has discharge gamma radiation before but it was alot weaker and more controlled 
    Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Valtot
    @gethere:
    he forcefully released gamma radiaiton to overload a machine that was post to drain it from him and hes touched energy beings before when he shouldnt of been capable off. I know theres many other times he showed gamma/energy powers- touching energy would have something to do with his gamma radiation abilities and i remember something like him touching gamma radiation at 1 point
    gethere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By gethere
    @hydrabob:    
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
     happy now?
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#54  Edited By SC  Moderator

Torch's Nova isn't really that impressive, given his size and mass, and output of energy. Not compared to the Sun, or what Hulk can and has handled. Hulk's ability to fluctuate in power is extremely inconsistent, especially since he can amp, due to physical stress and trauma, in a similar way to shooting Banner in the head with a gun, but Hulk landing on the ground, then of course getting back up.  

One feat in particular that screws up the gradient curve is his bracing the mountain range in Secret Wars. There are various ways we could downplay this feat, or overblow it, but still, the degree of increase needed and the speed of that increase for a character that starts off at 90 tons to get to where he needs to be.... his fight with Gladiator is a nice measuring stick too, its possible that Hulk gets hit hard and his durability will do two things? React almost instantly, allowing him to cope? Then it starts to increase more and more alongside his healing factor, or he gets knocked out, and this has happened a few times, but with relatively weak characters too. 

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Valtot
    @gethere:
    ok i take that back its smaller than a small nuke
    Linked One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Linked One

Considering that he can also punch his way through dimensions and he trounced Black Blot, and The Sentry, I find the concept of superman defeating him a little far fetched, if it was Dr Manhattan or the Spectre then that would make more sense.

gethere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By gethere
    @Valtot: heat, heat, the heat itself is as hot the sun the very same heat you said can supposedly to incinerate him
    Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Valtot
    @gethere:
    if supernovas heat was at nuclear level it would of causes a large radius of area to go thanks to the heat alone, if it was as hot as the sun it would of caused a great radius around them to go thanks to just the heat.
    gethere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By gethere
    @Valtot: for all know the artist didn't  know that because when johnny did a nova blast again the it about as much damage as what you just said
    Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Valtot
    @gethere:
    but this happened on the other nova blast too
    gethere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By gethere
    @Valtot: are you sure because I saw a huge blast and a large crater, but maybe I wrong I'll look again
    Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@gethere:  well thanks for finding the scans but if he really went Nova there the entire world would have caught on fire
    gethere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By gethere
    @hydrabob:  hey it comics, you should know real world rules don't always apply
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gethere said:
    " @hydrabob:  hey it comics, you should know real world rules don't always apply "
    well if your going to use that feat they do, just like Superman and friends pulling the earth, and WWH breaking up the continent by walking. If your going to use feats that show awesome power and show those as how much power it is then every feat is transferred into real world applications
    gethere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By gethere
    @hydrabob: that true but there alway a bit of an exaggeration, because other wise they can't do even half the stuff that do in comic , but that just of one preceptive a little imagination never hurt any one 
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By Thor's hammmer

you mean overetimated.
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gethere:  true imagination is what drives comics, but for battles we go off feats, and capabilities
    gethere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By gethere
    @hydrabob: yep
    Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Theworldbreaker
    @hydrabob:
    Well it is, but compared to some feats that other characters have or could pull off that have been beaten by hulk is'ent Too much impressive. anyways i think Apocalypse could beat eather one of them :P.
    Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Valtot
    @hydrabob:
    they try to explain these as the superman/ww/mm pulling the  earth thanks to wonderwomans lasso of truth as its magic lol.. They showed how hulk was gonna smash the eastern sea board with steps in the scan as it shows gamma radiaiton projecting out of his body and into the ground with each step causeing a large amounting of destruction 
    Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@Valtot:
    He's underrated.
    Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

He is underrated. But the argument "the angrier he gets the stronger he gets" can't be used in every Hulk thread. People have to try harder than this.

Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
    Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here on the Vine I think he mostly gets overestimated. Especially when compared to the 'powerhouses' of DC.

Avatar image for shiva_srinivasan
    Shiva_Srinivasan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I frankly do not see how Superman can 'stomp' the Hulk. Surely, anyone who says this is doing so more of the fact they are DC enthusiasts. The Hulk is Marvel's Invincible beast and Superman is DC shining poster boy. A clash between them is no cakewalk for either. Speed? Power? Those comparisons between these two are speculative and ridiculous. It boils down to who has common sense and we all know who loses it when he gets angry..

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ive said this a million times and a millions times its been true the hulk can do anything and beat most anyone but its all a matter of circumstance hulk could be another molecule man and be "too powerful" and get retconned which is stupid

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I think Hulk is definitely underestimated over on the DC forums. I'm a fan of both Hulk and Superman and suggested on the Superman forum that Hulk v Superman would be a tough fight. I got some fairly robust replies from Superman fans asking me if I'd ever read a Superman comic, which I kinda thought was insulting seeing as I was into Superman before most of them were a twinkle in their daddy's eyes. Some Thor fans also underestimate Hulk. However I think also that some Hulk fans overestimate his powers. I mean going back to the Superman thing again, Superman and Hulk arguably have similar levels of physical strength, Superman starts off stronger, but Hulk quickly ramps up. However, Superman is much, much faster. If you get two boxers of similar strength, the faster man usually wins. So Hulk fans who think their hero takes out Superman easily are really kidding themselves. Hulks amazing durability makes him really hard to KO, but even Hulk fans surely admit that If Superman uses all his potential combat speed in a battle with Hulk, i.e. just doesn't try to slug it out as Sentry did in WWH, Hulk has his work cut out.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Considering that he can also punch his way through dimensions and he trounced Black Blot, and The Sentry, I find the concept of superman defeating him a little far fetched, if it was Dr Manhattan or the Spectre then that would make more sense.

When did he trounce Sentry? The WWH fight was a draw (Banner got the last punch in on Robert after they had both transformed back) and only because Sentry chose to slug it out with Hulk rather than use his other considerable powers. Anyone slugging it out with Hulk will eventually lose. The Black Bolt was a Skull imposter. The real Black Bolt ko'd Hulk rather convincingly when they previously met in "Hulk battles the inhumans". Superman has the edge on Hulk because he can move much faster.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza:

Considering Hulk was confirmed to be holding back that entire arc and considering he was the one that returned seconds later while Sentry was still KO'd. It's easy to see why Hulk is seen as the overall victor. Tell me what of Sentries other powers would have done to WWH? He released all his energy in those punches and they still didn't keep the Hulk down. So tell me what else is there that would be more effective? The Skrull imposter of BB is pretty much no different than the real BB as he has all of his powers and i hope you are not suggesting that the real one would have won against WWH because of their previous bout.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.