Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk In Movies

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By shawn87

Do you think they should make another Hulk movie? 

Should he be in the upcoming Avengers movie?

devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By devilmanex

yes and yes...Im pretty sure he is in the upcoming Avengers

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By shawn87
    @DevilmanEX said:
    " yes and yes...Im pretty sure he is in the upcoming Avengers "
    what role do you picture him playing in the Avengers movie?
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Green Skin

I think they should lay off the Hulk movies for awhile.  There are much better characters that they could do movies for.  Hulk has 2 pretty recent films, where people like Dr. Strange, Siver Surfer, Iron FIst, etc etc....still don't have any movies to there name.  Not to mention some of the really bad Marvel movies that could be really cool if they did a proper reboot and got better people on them.  Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Elektra, etc etc.  

It would be cool to see him in the Avengers movie though, he was present during the formation of the orignal Avengers so it would make sense for him to be in the movie.   Since he's already a pretty established character he wouldn't require as much screen time to be properly used.

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shawn87
    @Green Skin said:
    " I think they should lay off the Hulk movies for awhile.  There are much better characters that they could do movies for.  Hulk has 2 pretty recent films, where people like Dr. Strange, Siver Surfer, Iron FIst, etc etc....still don't have any movies to there name.  Not to mention some of the really bad Marvel movies that could be really cool if they did a proper reboot and got better people on them.  Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Elektra, etc etc.    It would be cool to see him in the Avengers movie though, he was present during the formation of the orignal Avengers so it would make sense for him to be in the movie.   Since he's already a pretty established character he wouldn't require as much screen time to be properly used. "
    yeah i am waiting for other characters to get their own films...and i agree with the Daredevil reboot. Thats something i really wanna see. I dont see why Marvel doesnt have at least 2 or 3 Daredevil movies made already like Spider-Man 

And yes Hulk was present at the beginning of the Avengers. I know Edward Norton said he would like to see Hulk as the villain in the movie....
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Green Skin
    @shawn87:  It's so annoying to see yet another Spider-man movie in the works, and the only Daredevil we get is that crap with Affleck.  It could be a really great movie if they did it correctly.
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shawn87
    @Green Skin said:
    " @shawn87:  It's so annoying to see yet another Spider-man movie in the works, and the only Daredevil we get is that crap with Affleck.  It could be a really great movie if they did it correctly. "
    yeah im feeling like their sleeping on Daredevil...he's such a great character
    devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By devilmanex
    @shawn87:  I don't think he should be the villian.  I wanna see Hulk SMASH shit!  I'm not sure what role he is slated for in the movie.  They have kept that mum but I'm sure he's in it.  If you watch the trailer for the upcoming Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes cartoon he is part of the team.  I believe that will prob debut the same time Avengers does.  My guess is he will be a problem in the beginin of the movie due to Lokie trickery (The actor playing Loki in Thor is slated for Avengers movie as well) but then fight along side the Avengers a la the first 3 canon comics.  I'm not a fan of Ultimate comics but I wouldn't mind the Hulk being included and smashing Aliens which I think is what they will prob do since they amalgam movies anyway
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By shawn87
    @DevilmanEX said:
    " @shawn87:  I don't think he should be the villian.  I wanna see Hulk SMASH shit!  I'm not sure what role he is slated for in the movie.  They have kept that mum but I'm sure he's in it.  If you watch the trailer for the upcoming Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes cartoon he is part of the team.  I believe that will prob debut the same time Avengers does.  My guess is he will be a problem in the beginin of the movie due to Lokie trickery (The actor playing Loki in Thor is slated for Avengers movie as well) but then fight along side the Avengers a la the first 3 canon comics.  I'm not a fan of Ultimate comics but I wouldn't mind the Hulk being included and smashing Aliens which I think is what they will prob do since they amalgam movies anyway "
    im not really tryna see the Hulk as a villain either...that would be a big let down...i want to see them actually put a villain(s) in the movie....but who? i dont know im undecided....i just dont know what direction they plan on taking this movie....i am happy to hear that Hawkeye will probably be in it. I know this actor was in final negotiations to play him
    devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By devilmanex
    @shawn87: When you read through all the BS with all their upcoming movies and see whos signed from which I think that they are going to make Loki at least one of the villians.  I think thats a good thing because it means, at least in the begining, they are going to go with the original formation and place Hulk as an adversary but then ally.  I think after he becomes an ally they are going to go Ultimate route and have some no name alien villian but my guess is as good as any!  I'm just super psyched for all these movies!! I'm happy Josh Whedon is rewriting Zak Penn's script mostly because Zak Penn is a f******* comic movie HACK.  I hated all the X men cept for the Nightcrawler scene because they were so far removed from the canon.   Lets hope Zak Penn didn't write the sript un fixable.
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By shawn87
    @DevilmanEX said:
    " @shawn87: When you read through all the BS with all their upcoming movies and see whos signed from which I think that they are going to make Loki at least one of the villians.  I think thats a good thing because it means, at least in the begining, they are going to go with the original formation and place Hulk as an adversary but then ally.  I think after he becomes an ally they are going to go Ultimate route and have some no name alien villian but my guess is as good as any!  I'm just super psyched for all these movies!! I'm happy Josh Whedon is rewriting Zak Penn's script mostly because Zak Penn is a f******* comic movie HACK.  I hated all the X men cept for the Nightcrawler scene because they were so far removed from the canon.   Lets hope Zak Penn didn't write the sript un fixable. "
    yeah i think Joss Whedon is a good choice
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Thor's hammmer

yes and yes
    devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By devilmanex
    @shawn87: personally I dont think he is the best directing choice though.  I support his rewrite but his movies/tv episodes aren't epic enough I feel.   As much as I liked Serenity it was more like a great TV flick than a theatre film
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

The Hulk, despite his seemingly simple gimmick, is actually one of the most complex and versatile characters out there. The main problem with his portrayal in film so far is that the 2003 movie was a film about Banner, the 2008 movie was a film about the Hulk. A great Hulk film needs to be a mixture of the two, because that's what the Hulk is. 

Too often, Bruce is shown as weak and timid. This isn't Bruce. Bruce is a freaking angry and dangerous son of a gun, but he is repressive; hence the Hulk. Bruce doesn't want to kill the world, but he is fully capable of doing so. The films need to show that Bruce, just like the Hulk, is an unstoppable force of Nature. The Hulk is strength. Banner is intelligence. Both are power personified. 

A good Hulk film really needs to exploit the similarities and differences between Hulk and Banner rather than just coming off as yet another Mr Hyde ripoff.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.