Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

hulk hate

• 65 results
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#51  Edited By Mercy_
    @Andferne: That's what I started doing. 
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @Andferne said:
    " @god_spawn said:
    " It's not that i hate the hulk, its all the raging fanboys and it ruins the character for me, but the same could be said for thanos , juggernaut, sbp, wolverine and such. "
    Agreed. But don't forget to add in Storm. Her named should of been the first one listed. lol "
    Storm is definitely the top of the list. Followed closely by DBZ. "

i forgot about the storm one and yes the DBZ ones are very bad and naruto fanboys have their  moments. I think one of the worst hulk comments ive ever seen was this  

"The thing with the Hulk is that he represents the ultimate, unstoppable fighter/survivor that can take a severe ass-whooping but always gets back up and keeps fighting until he gets his justified victory, no matter what it takes. That's what appeals to the readers, so it wouldn't make sense that a bullying, declamatory asshole like Cain Marko would be able to beat him. During World War Hulk, the Hulk had a purpose to his anger, and the idea of such a Hulk being defeated at all is just absurd."
    TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By TypingKira

I love the little kid Hulk lovers, y'know the kids that are like 6-10 and try to flex like the hulk but look like they're crapping themselves? and they stomp around? My cousin is like that and it's ridiculously cute.   A vast amount of my Hulk knowledge came from him.  

Anyway, classic green. Mo' bettah. 

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#54  Edited By Silkcuts

I can't stand any Hulks.  If I wanted to read Dr. Jekyll/Mr.HydeI would read a book, not the Marvel rip-off.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Silkcuts said:
    " I can't stand any Hulks.  If I wanted to read Dr. Jekyll/Mr.HydeI would read a book, not the Marvel rip-off. "
    Well, to be fair that's like saying "if I wanted to read Zorro I would read Zorro" when it comes to Batman. 
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Silkcuts
    @iLLituracy said:
    " @Silkcuts said:
    " I can't stand any Hulks.  If I wanted to read Dr. Jekyll/Mr.HydeI would read a book, not the Marvel rip-off. "
    Well, to be fair that's like saying "if I wanted to read Zorro I would read Zorro" when it comes to Batman.  "
    Zorro did not have the Batmoblie and all the other gadgets.  There is Bruce Banner and then there is the Hulk.  There is Dr. Jekyll and then there is Hyde.  I would still rather read Moore's LoEG over the Hulk....  The Hulk is like Jersey Shore to me, I honestly feel dumber reading it.  "Hulk Smash".  It is not my cup of tea, I don't find substance in a Hulk book.  Brian Azzarello would likely be the only writer I really like who wrote a Hulk book and I had to lie to him a a con and say I loved it.  Bruce Jones and Peter David are great writers, but I am not huge fans of them.  May be if Morrison wrote Hulk then there would b substance.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Silkcuts said:
    " @iLLituracy said:
    " @Silkcuts said:
    Well, to be fair that's like saying "if I wanted to read Zorro I would read Zorro" when it comes to Batman.  "
    Zorro did not have the Batmoblie and all the other gadgets.  There is Bruce Banner and then there is the Hulk.  There is Dr. Jekyll and then there is Hyde.  I would still rather read Moore's LoEG over the Hulk....  The Hulk is like Jersey Shore to me, I honestly feel dumber reading it.  "Hulk Smash".  It is not my cup of tea, I don't find substance in a Hulk book.  Brian Azzarello would likely be the only writer I really like who wrote a Hulk book and I had to lie to him a a con and say I loved it.  Bruce Jones and Peter David are great writers, but I am not huge fans of them.  May be if Morrison wrote Hulk then there would b substance. "
    Well, that's generalizing it, IMO. Zorro in his other guise was a rich man who fought crime. The creators of Batman admitted that they got the idea from Zorro to create Batman the same way Stan Lee admitted that he took from Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde [and Frankenstein], but at the core they're different characters. The batmobile and all the other gadgets are cool, but they don't make the character, and while I do agree that Zorro and Batman are two different characters, I don't believe they're different due to those reasons, but I do believe that the Hulk is much different than both of the characters that inspired him.  

Are the stories not as intellectual as your Batman comic? Most often times yes. Stories that revolve around strong emotions which are usually the main theme of most Hulk stories are usually not intellectual but are supposed to invoke emotion or familiarity. I know people who relate to the Hulk on an emotional level, whether it be due to anger issues or loneliness--or even abuse, at times all three. So when it comes to him as a character I don't think he's bad or a Marvel rip off in this regard, I think it's not your cup of tea. 

I just noticed I find myself defending the Hulk way too much and I'm not even that big of a fan just now as I'm closing this post.
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Silkcuts
    @iLLituracy said:
    " @Silkcuts said:
    " @iLLituracy said:
    " @Silkcuts said:
    Zorro did not have the Batmoblie and all the other gadgets.  There is Bruce Banner and then there is the Hulk.  There is Dr. Jekyll and then there is Hyde.  I would still rather read Moore's LoEG over the Hulk....  The Hulk is like Jersey Shore to me, I honestly feel dumber reading it.  "Hulk Smash".  It is not my cup of tea, I don't find substance in a Hulk book.  Brian Azzarello would likely be the only writer I really like who wrote a Hulk book and I had to lie to him a a con and say I loved it.  Bruce Jones and Peter David are great writers, but I am not huge fans of them.  May be if Morrison wrote Hulk then there would b substance. "
    Well, that's generalizing it, IMO. Zorro in his other guise was a rich man who fought crime. The creators of Batman admitted that they got the idea from Zorro to create Batman the same way Stan Lee admitted that he took from Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde [and Frankenstein], but at the core they're different characters. The batmobile and all the other gadgets are cool, but they don't make the character, and while I do agree that Zorro and Batman are two different characters, I don't believe they're different due to those reasons, but I do believe that the Hulk is much different than both of the characters that inspired him.   Are the stories not as intellectual as your Batman comic? Most often times yes. Stories that revolve around strong emotions which are usually the main theme of most Hulk stories are usually not intellectual but are supposed to invoke emotion or familiarity. I know people who relate to the Hulk on an emotional level, whether it be due to anger issues or loneliness--or even abuse, at times all three. So when it comes to him as a character I don't think he's bad or a Marvel rip off in this regard, I think it's not your cup of tea.  I just noticed I find myself defending the Hulk way too much and I'm not even that big of a fan just now as I'm closing this post. "
    It is honorable you are defending a character you are not a big fan of.  As for the emotional issues thing, that is anther thing I am not huge about the Hulk.  Every real Hulk fan I met care more about the "characters" in the Marvel universe rather then the actual medium it is printed in.  I am not saying I am an expert on the medium since I don't do it for a living.  But I do understand that the medium is more then just a pretty story board.  The Hulk doesn't need to take up space as print.  His fans I'll  bet would be happier watching him on TV or movie.  That is the point, Batman as close as some of the character traits are, there is stuff done with him that becomes literature.   The Batman/Zorro archetype is a hero, while hulk, the hulk is watered down because that's what his fans like and Jekyll/Hyde is Literature because his emotional struggle is not adolescence angst that may have never been resolved.  I've been abused a certain level both emotional and psychically, the Hulk doesn't inspire the best out of me.  He encourages the animalistic rage to "Smash".  It was because of my teenage I discovered John Constantine and Alan Moore, Vertigo changed my live because there was enough drama to hook me, and without me knowing it grew my comprehension of the medium.  

Sorry for the side rant.  But Batman and Zorro, sure both have money.  Both have mystery men identities. Batman although a modern day Zorro if you want to view it that way, has changed leaps and bounds away from the horse riding vigilante.   Hulk, no matter who has written him stays true to his archetype of the human verse monster in archetype.  There has never been a mindblowing arch to him because Marvel keeps him more or less accessible.  Hats off to DC for letting them confuse the average reader with Morrison's work on Batman, bring detective work back in to DC.

If Marvel will let someone like a Grant Morrison go off on the Hulk, then the Hulk could evolve.  But then again most Marvel fans were not ready for Morrison's X-Men and that in my opinion was Brilliant.  The Hulk is not by cup of tea for the simple reason is he is below the standard of what I believe an adult reader should be reading.  Heck below a teenager too.  The Hulk is only good for kids to learn colors.  Speaking of colors, Brian K. Vaughn points out that the Hulk was green.  Most kids associate heroes with the primary bright colors, like Captain American, and Superman.  The Hulk was I believe the first to break this tradition, and I also wouldn't call the Hulk a hero.

I will close my post, I said enough.  It was very noble to defend the Hulk.  Someone with good detective skills should ^_^
    Cheers mate, a blast talking to you.
     - Silkcuts
    SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

I really don't like him either

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@theacidskull: you do realize you just bumped it too?

Bumping a thread from well over two years is quite different than bumping a thread that was just posted in.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SOG7dc

@raynorj said:

@sog7dc: Dat failed logic....

@sog7dc said:

@theacidskull: you do realize you just bumped it too?

Bumping a thread from well over two years is quite different than bumping a thread that was just posted in.

so you would prefer if i made a new one?

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no problem with it, personally. This is a new site for me, and even the old threads are quite entertaining to read.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.