Hulk and The Agents of Smash Thoughts

#1 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

I must say that even though i had absolutely no hope for this show, it really surprised me. it wasn't perfect, but i can say it was good.

The Characters

Hulk- Hulk is really good in this show, instead of showing him as a angry guy who just happens to be on the avengers and gets mind controlled all the time, the actually portray him as a Hero, not a Monster, which is always good. He has the light Humor thing going on, but it still feels like hulk, and while it's not EMH's Version, it's close, which is good enough. Oh the voice is as always perfect, and it's nice that they are going with the Gravage Hulk

Jennifer- Great Voice and she has the sassy fun personality she is usually known for, so a plus for you.

Red hulk- While i think his voice is perfect he is kinda the Black sheep of the team, acting all tough and snobbish, which is understandable and they do manage to balance that, and i like the army mixture to the design. I just hope the don't go over board with teh Douche Bag thing.

A-Bomb- Seth Green? Yes please. seriously, i think seth is perfect for rick jones, he surves as hulks conscious and comic relief, plus he's got that fun serious type personality rick is known for. Besides, the voice is just perfect.

Skaar- Ohhh i had my skepticism on this one because it felt that he was now the savage hulk, and while i'm fine with him being the loose canon, that doesn't mean he should be hulk Jr. but at the end of Episode 2 you'll see that skaar isn't as stupid as he claims to be, in fact i loved the ending.

The Plot

The Plot is simple and easy to follow, which isn't exactly a bad thing, considering that Avengers assemble has 3 plots per episode and USM doesn't have a plot , it\s just random action, which sucks. and There are some elements that makes you excited for what is going to come next. Plus Leader is here is that has me sold

action

The action wasn't as good though, it feels clanky and sometimes weird, but over all it isn't to bad, i mean at least the designs are cool and characters don't bend in unnatural ways.

overall?

for once, i am excited to see the future episodes, and while it's not perfect, it's at least promising.

7/10

#2 Posted by Lvenger (20773 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice breakdown of this episode. It's a much better outing than Ultimate Spider-Man or Avengers Assemble. Though the competition is hardly anywhere near good, let alone decent or entertaining cartoons. Anyway, I agree with a lot of your comments TAS and this is a nice summary of the episode.

Also, it's my 10,00th post on Comicvine! At last I've made it that far! :P

#3 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Nice breakdown of this episode. It's a much better outing than Ultimate Spider-Man or Avengers Assemble. Though the competition is hardly anywhere near good, let alone decent or entertaining cartoons. Anyway, I agree with a lot of your comments TAS and this is a nice summary of the episode.

Also, it's my 10,00th post on Comicvine! At last I've made it that far! :P

oh and congrats :P

#4 Posted by Flopsop200 (171 posts) - - Show Bio

Pumped for Skaar and the leader reveal. Hulk and She-Hulk were solid. Red Hulk was okay.

The action was meh for me, especially the jets blowing up the bug aliens. The bugs looked like paper cut outs.

Honestly A-Bomb took me out of it. His humor was too frequent and obnoxious. Seth Green is a good voice for him though.

After watching both episode I came to the conclusion this isn't the Hulk cartoon Hulk deserved but the one he needed lol.

Between Avengers Assemble and this a whole group of kids will grow up knowing Hulk is more than a monster.

6/10 imo

#5 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

luthor on red steroids and broism. i like it a lot.

#6 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@flopsop200: Agreed, it could have been MUCH better but i'd choose this over the other shows any day

#7 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

luthor on red steroids and broism. i like it a lot.

THE SARCASM IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE!
but yeah, red hulks Bad boy Cliche does annoy me

#8 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

I must say that even though i had absolutely no hope for this show, it really surprised me. it wasn't perfect, but i can say it was good.

The Characters

Hulk- Hulk is really good in this show, instead of showing him as a angry guy who just happens to be on the avengers and gets mind controlled all the time, the actually portray him as a Hero, not a Monster, which is always good. He has the light Humor thing going on, but it still feels like hulk, and while it's not EMH's Version, it's close, which is good enough. Oh the voice is as always perfect, and it's nice that they are going with the Gravage Hulk

Jennifer- Great Voice and she has the sassy fun personality she is usually known for, so a plus for you.

Red hulk- While i think his voice is perfect he is kinda the Black sheep of the team, acting all tough and snobbish, which is understandable and they do manage to balance that, and i like the army mixture to the design. I just hope the don't go over board with teh Douche Bag thing.

A-Bomb- Seth Green? Yes please. seriously, i think seth is perfect for rick jones, he surves as hulks conscious and comic relief, plus he's got that fun serious type personality rick is known for. Besides, the voice is just perfect.

Skaar- Ohhh i had my skepticism on this one because it felt that he was now the savage hulk, and while i'm fine with him being the loose canon, that doesn't mean he should be hulk Jr. but at the end of Episode 2 you'll see that skaar isn't as stupid as he claims to be, in fact i loved the ending.

The Plot

The Plot is simple and easy to follow, which isn't exactly a bad thing, considering that Avengers assemble has 3 plots per episode and USM doesn't have a plot , it\s just random action, which sucks. and There are some elements that makes you excited for what is going to come next. Plus Leader is here is that has me sold

action

The action wasn't as good though, it feels clanky and sometimes weird, but over all it isn't to bad, i mean at least the designs are cool and characters don't bend in unnatural ways.

overall?

for once, i am excited to see the future episodes, and while it's not perfect, it's at least promising.

7/10

It's marvel and it's the Hulk, gotta support it! I like it, the artwork isn't the best, but I like the show.

#9 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2009 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull I enjoyed the first 2 episodes. And although it wasn't that good it was still pretty decent. I think it's better than Ultimate Spider-Man but not as good as Avengers Assemble (am I the only one who actually really liked that series). I do agree on all the points you made.

#10 Posted by medulaoblaganda (969 posts) - - Show Bio

i wanna see abomination in hulk and the agent of smash. also wanna see mangog in avengers assemble

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.