Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7765 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk and Superman!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

..Hulk and Superman sure have a fierce rivalry and its easy to light the blue touch paper with any superman v hulk debate. Just wondering if there are any other Hulk fans out there who also are fans of Superman? Is it possible to love both characters? As a child of the 70s, Superman and Hulk were the two (along with WW) powerhouses I grew up with so naturally I have a soft spot for both. Anyone else feel the same?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..Ok, so by the lack of any response it seems I am the only Hulk fan and superman fan on Comic Vine, cool! (or controversial?)

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@bezza said:

..Ok, so by the lack of any response it seems I am the only Hulk fan and superman fan on Comic Vine, cool! (or controversial?)

I don't think it's controversial. I'm a huge Hulk fan, but I don't think that I can't like Superman as well. Grant it I wouldn't call myself a Superman fan, I'm just indifferent to him. Thor is more of Hulk's main nemesis if you ask me, and I love both of them.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RaynorJ

@bezza: Yep you are the only one lol.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj:

Best get myself registered on the "endangered species list" with the WWF!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@bezza said:

Despite what people seem to think of me on here, I am as well. Heck I'm usually involved in the Indestructible Hulk discussion thread and one of my best mates on here is a Hulk fan. So I'm a fan of both in terms of preference, I just take that out when it comes to the battle forums.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bezza

@lvenger:

fair point, you are the fifth highest poster on the Hulk forum and anyone posting that many times on a character's forum must like that character (unless your name is powerwoman-lol)....I guess the reason why some people doubt your hulk credentials is because you choose to come down strongly in favour of the other guy in the battle forums, whereas I take the easy way out and try and sit on the fence when it comes to Supes and Hulk battles! Actually I often argue in Hulk's favour vs DC powerhouses, which I guess also makes some DC fans doubt my credentials as a fan of Superman and other DC powerhouses...but hey, if we all agreed with each other it would be VERY boring!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@bezza: Yeah you hit the nail on the head right there. A couple of other users seem to think that my arguments against Hulk beating Superman for a majority mean I hate the character. When I don't in the slightest, I just don't think he can consistently tag Superman enough to put him down. But maybe I should use Hulk in a CAV to show I can debate for the character and do like him lol.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dum529001

@lvenger said:

@bezza: Yeah you hit the nail on the head right there. A couple of other users seem to think that my arguments against Hulk beating Superman for a majority mean I hate the character. When I don't in the slightest, I just don't think he can consistently tag Superman enough to put him down. But maybe I should use Hulk in a CAV to show I can debate for the character and do like him lol.

People don't have a problem with you just becasue you support Superman in a "Hulk vs Superman" debate, they have a problem with you becasue you show great bias when you constantly lowball Hulk and other characters. Some people have a problem because of the specific reasons you give for Superman's chances in a fight not becasue you are a fan and choose in Superman's favor.

Lowballing a character doesn't show you are fan, it just shows that you are willing to lie about the abilities of a certain character to make you're opinion of a battle seem right in favoring the another character. Someone who's willing to practice dishonesty like that is obviously a hater. They hate facts that pertain to that character that they don't support and thus, on some level, hate that character, ignoring facts about them while showing favoritism for the other more favored character by not doing the same to them.

PunyBanner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

@bezza said:

..Hulk and Superman sure have a fierce rivalry and its easy to light the blue touch paper with any superman v hulk debate. Just wondering if there are any other Hulk fans out there who also are fans of Superman? Is it possible to love both characters? As a child of the 70s, Superman and Hulk were the two (along with WW) powerhouses I grew up with so naturally I have a soft spot for both. Anyone else feel the same?

I am with you in this regard. I grew up watching the Bixby Hulk series on television and relentlessly watching Superman's I and II and I had an adoration for both television/cinematic iterations of the characters. When it came to comics, however, I found both to be extremely uninteresting...that is, until John Byrne came in and revamped Supes and Peter David came onto the Hulk title at which point both comics became must reads for a while...I eventually dropped reading the Superman comics but to this day have a love for Hulk comics, even post Peter David (thought the quality of Hulk comic has never regained the heights it could boast during the PAD years).

But no, I think that both characters are compatible in ones fandom...just don't ask who would win in a fight!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punybanner:

Great to hear from a fellow "mature" super-hero fan who loves Hulk and Superman. I think you hit the nail on the head, many of us who grew up in that "golden era" when the first colour TV shows and Films were shown with these characters can't help liking both Hulk and Supes, even though most fans love the one and hate the other

@dum529001

I think you're being a tad harsh on Lvenger. My experience on the Vine is that he is someone with strong convictions and debates in favour of his chosen character very passionately. This does put him at odds with the Hulk community naturally, because, well, he goes for Superman against Hulk. Personally I don't agree with all the points he makes, but I don't agree this makes him a hater of Hulk or dishonest.

..but I suppose your response does indicate how hard it is to be a fan of these characters due to the passions people feel in favour of one or t'other...as I said previously, in Superman v Hulk debates I try and sit on the fence if I can, so as not to be accused of bias by one of the two communities!!

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people are a tad bit gullible around here... maybe i should go post 3 posts on Wonder Mans page that would make me the top poster and therefore biggest fan of his or a couple of hundred on Thors page, it's not really something hard to do Pyrogram is one of the top posters on Hulks forum and he openly admitted that he hates the character.

And me saying this has little to nothing to do with battle forums and everything to do with hypocrisy I've come across in these parts.

Also CAV's require expert knowledge on the character, so i suggest some people skip the Cav's if they are not experts on the character. I love the Hulk and i must have read over a hundred comics of his yet i would not even consider myself an expert on the character.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bezza

@raynorj:

gullible, naïve (hopefully not hypocritical), yep, guilty as charged. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt...! In regard to the person in question, he does clearly read a fair bit of Hulk stuff, buys a Hulk comic (would a hater bother to do that?) and contributes to the IH debate, but yes I do find it strange that he ALWAYS goes against Hulk in battle threads against DC guys, not just against Superman, but for example MMH in the current WB v MMH thread....but each to their own.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: What if i told you i hated both Superman and Thor yet i buy their comics?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj:

Er, I'd way you were a bit eccentric perhaps?!

..but I do understand the points you are making. Personally the characters I am most fond of I either debate in their favour or decline to participate if its a battle they cant win...I don't think I have ever vigorously debated against any of my favourite characters in a battle thread. With Hulk, there are battles I think he can't win, but I've always felt that he would give superman a run for his money and most non biased writers and comic book commentators I have come across agree.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bezza

..oh bollox, I realise I have just brought up Superman v Hulk again...oops.!!

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RaynorJ

@bezza: Not at all, i said "hated' emphasis on the past tense. Not to bore you with the long story but fanboys ruined the 2 characters for me before i even got to know the characters for myself so i started picking up some books and realized they transcend any fanboys battle forums dreams and fantasies, they are the good guy heroes with their own every day lives and struggles and heroism. I don't hate the characters anymore but buying a comic of a character you don't like wouldn't be such a hard thing especially if you happen to be a big fan of the writer... you know like the 5th biggest poster on Hulk is... I love the Hulks character but i don't like his story and i love Thors current storyline even though i am not a fan of the character.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj:

Yes you've a fair point there, the current Thor comic is very good indeed and the current Hulk one is rubbish! I haven't bought single IH comic but bought several issues of TGOT myself as they were epic! I grew up with the Superman movies and the Hulk tv Show, I've always liked the characters since, but some of the fan boys on the Vine do my head in and in Superman's case almost put me off the character sometimes! Hulk seems to get a bad wrap on C Vine and there is real hate for Hulk and his fans from the wackier DC fans (i.e. our friend Ares009 or whatever he is called), so I tend to stick up for him as the under-dog in the H v S battles!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I love both. Honestly it seems to me that the Bat fan boys seem to have way bigger problems with Superman than the Hulk fans.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.