Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7768 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk and his role in the DC Universe

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
    UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Suppose Hulk was part of the DC Universe. I'm not suggesting he stay there, just wondering what his life would be like there had he been part of DC.

How would he fare in the new world? What would his role be like? How would he be treated? How would he contribute to society? What lifestyle would he have?

Thoughts anyone? No negative responses please.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

He'd be part of the JL for sure.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@underdogsupporter: He'd definitely be a part of the Justice League. Their unstoppable, indestructible, rampaging, secret weapon. I could see them bringing him in for the biggest and most dangerous threats, while utilizing Banner's vast intellect on numerous emergencies as well. I would imagine he'd have different relationships with each member of the JL, as they'd be a bit on edge and fearful of him due to his power and unpredictability. I can honestly imagine Batman and the JL members helping him create an nigh-indestructible Hulk-Buster armor suit just in case if Hulk would go berserk.

Superman would be one to try to reason with him, yet he would know better to use his powers/force against Hulk because it'd be a fight he could never win. That's why he'd try to be peaceful and reason with the Green Goliath (much like Greg Pak's statement in regards to Hulk vs. Superman; in my own opinion, if Superman would fight full-force against Hulk, it'd be like him facing Wraith in a straight-up fight where he'd lose big time), because force isn't the answer. It's through reasoning and understanding where he could potentially get the Hulk to stop.

Batman, being extremely paranoid and cautious, wouldn't trust Hulk/Banner at all and be constantly on edge. He'd be the first to call in the entire JL team while he would attempted to hold his own against the Hulk in his own supposedly indestructible Hulk-Buster armor of his own design. I could see Batman working with Banner, but even then I think there would be some clashes of the intellectual sort.

Wonder Woman might be the best choice for someone who could reach out and potentially calm the Hulk. Not because of her lasso, because it's unknown/highly unlikely that it would work on him. However, it's been shown that Hulk responds best and listens to the opposite sex more often. I could see them forming a bond of friendship akin the Bruce/Hulk's relationship with Jennifer Walters/She-Hulk, or perhaps even a more romantic one akin to the Green Scar had with Caiera the Oldstrong.

I can imagine that Aquaman would feel empathy for the Hulk, knowing fully well of what it's like to be different and misunderstood. After all, he's half Atlantean, so I could see him forming a warrior-like friendship with the Green Goliath. I could see Flash being the jokster friend of the Hulk/Banner, who'd always try his best to make the big guy chuckle. Shazam would also fit in those lines.

All in all, it would be interesting to have Hulk/Banner as a member of the Justice League. That's my thoughts on the matter.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@justthatkid: he's like that with the avengers and they're way more agressive, considering several of them are complete d-bags. Not to mention he'd be more famous than all the JL members aside from bats and supes, him being part of the JL would benefit the story's and DCs income.

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
    UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@greenscar1990: @justthatkid: @thedailybagel: True. Someone like Hulk with his stats and Banner's intellect would definitely serve well in the Justice League, though I think he could find more use in the Justice Society considering that team has no muscle hero.

In the DC Universe, Hulk would have less stress. Unlike Marvel earth, DC earth actually admires their heroes, not fear them. Mutants, Inhumans, Eternals etc are mistrusted by Marvel earth's inhabitants whereas Hulk wouldn't be hunted by DC earth. He may even get a city in his honor to protect and there'll be less worry from the heroes of him getting out of hand. Whenever something big happens, the military always lets the heroes do their work first and only assist when need, meaning the heroes could actually reason with Hulk given sufficient time, if something were to go wrong.

If Hulk weren't part of the Justice League or Justice Society he could still contribute his scientific knowledge to DC earth's science community. His genius in gamma science could benefit the world and he'd get along really well with Ray Palmer, Mr Terrific, Adam Strange, Ted Kord and many more. He may be able to live a normal scientist's life without fear of getting into trouble by the authorities.

When working with heroes, Hulk and Superman could work together fine, Hulk could be the major muscle in the group unless something needs to be carried into outer space carefully. Hulk and Wonder Woman could work out pretty well, considering how his relationship with Caiera, Jarella and Thundra worked out. I see him and Batman being a great team and working together really well, though there could be many problems between them. Batman's need for stealth and Hulk's need for smashing could be a dilemma between them that needs to be solved. Captain Marvel would probably be Hulk's best buddy for sure, maybe Flash and Guy Gardner too. The Justice League would need to upgrade their facilities to avoid damages Hulk might inflict upon the Watchtower.

When against villains, I think they would try to exploit Hulk and use him against the Justice League, Lex Luthor would definitely dedicate a lot of time to pit Hulk against Superman. Joker too could be a problem if his latest venom toxin was successful on the green goliath. Hulk would definitely be a good candidate against villainous brutes such as Solomon Grundy, Doomsday, General Eiling while the others could formulate a plan to get rid of the villain. In big projects such as against Darkseid, Hulk would be a major distraction for the vast majority of Darkseid's armies while the rest of Justice League can focus on the Dark Lord himself.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.