Hulk and Cyclops

#1 Edited by Rod_The_Blade_Star (59 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel as though it would be a good idea if a writer for marvel brought the two of them together not as a team but as confidants similar to Spidey and The Human Torch. Both of them have to deal with having adult children that came without warning for the most part. They both are in my opinion introverted people who have spent a large portion of their lives holding back a truckload of power for fear of harming those they care about. Also they have tragic love lives Jarella dead. Caeira dead Betty was dead and now revived as the Red She-hulk who hates Bruce. Jean Died 2-3 times and was evil sort of, Madeline Pryor(Jean's clone) turned evil and hates Scott. Finally there is their mutual distaste for Wolverine. This could be a real interesting relationship if developed right, or it could be a stupid idea what do you guys think?

#2 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

That certainly would be interesting to see there would have to be a really good story behind it but that might be cool. It would really be neat to see them work together in the field tag team style putting an almost unstoppable long range attack with almost unstoppable muscle

#3 Posted by BATPANEXE (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Banner would work, and probably like Utopia as he distances himself from society. Hulk wouldn't go for it though, his own friends in the X-Men, who I think aren't even with Scott now have always had problems reasoning with him.

#4 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

I see Hulk and Wolverine becoming buddies before Hulk and Scott. Hulk is to much of a liability for Scott to risk getting close to. Not to mention anytime the two have met, they have been fighting. Yea their relationships and fatherhood practices could be called into question, but Scott is now in a "stable" relationship with Emma and Hulk is dealing with his own issues from recent stories and the kid thing is completely different Skaar is trying to kill his dad and far as I know Cable and Scott are cool. It would be nice to see them in an adventure to maybe discuss these things but I don't see a lasting friendship coming out of it. Then again it would be nice to see these two go up against Herc and Logan.

#5 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

What i never understood is yea he isn't a mutant but he has powers just like a mutant so if he wanted to feel normal you would think he would want to join the mutants as one of them, he could brawl with them, do science with their smartest people, it just seems like a smart choice.

#6 Edited by Rod_The_Blade_Star (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@Walker696: I know that he has a better relationship with his kids than the hulk does, but I do not feel as though he is completely comfortable in the father role yet, if you have some issue you could recommend to disprove this I would appreciate that. Hulk could come to Scott for advice on how to deal with grown children.

#7 Posted by Rod_The_Blade_Star (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

What i never understood is yea he isn't a mutant but he has powers just like a mutant so if he wanted to feel normal you would think he would want to join the mutants as one of them, he could brawl with them, do science with their smartest people, it just seems like a smart choice.

Well I feel as though it makes sense. Being associated with the xmen mean being hated, that in my opinon is how the book works. Hulk has to deal with his rage. Ironman is a playboy, and the Xmen are hated and feared by the world they are sworn to protect. Also most of the Avengers have powers and are not mutants.

#8 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rod_The_Blade_Star said:

Well I feel as though it makes sense. Being associated with the xmen mean being hated, that in my opinon is how the book works. Hulk has to deal with his rage. Ironman is a playboy, and the Xmen are hated and feared by the world they are sworn to protect. Also most of the Avengers have powers and are not mutants.

Yea but he is hated by everyone as well including most of the heroes of the world because they fear him even though they call on him when all others have fallen. He doesnt seem to care if people hate him any more and with the mutants he would blend in more.

#9 Posted by Rod_The_Blade_Star (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

Yea but he is hated by everyone as well including most of the heroes of the world because they fear him even though they call on him when all others have fallen. He doesnt seem to care if people hate him any more and with the mutants he would blend in more.

I see what you mean now, he cannot get any lower in people's minds so why not just join the outcasts on Utopia, also he could replace Hank in the xclub. The only issue at that point would be what could threatened a hulk/xmen team. If this story had happened already it would make the upcoming Avenger vs. Xmen thing seem less stupid. I mean Thor and the Red Hulk can probably take down most of the xmen that will be involved. The event is interesting and I will read it, but it seem like the deck is stacked against the mutants.

#10 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

I see what you mean now, he cannot get any lower in people's minds so why not just join the outcasts on Utopia, also he could replace Hank in the xclub. The only issue at that point would be what could threatened a hulk/xmen team. If this story had happened already it would make the upcoming Avenger vs. Xmen thing seem less stupid. I mean Thor and the Red Hulk can probably take down most of the xmen that will be involved. The event is interesting and I will read it, but it seem like the deck is stacked against the mutants.

yea have him join a society where being feared and hated is the norm. I think he would rather join for the science and less used as a big gun. I just dont think they would send him out as much to fight.

I agree Thor and Red Hulk could probably take down most mutants but dont forget they will have to face the likes of Juggernaut-Colossus and if the writers are smart enough to remember him they will have to face Gentle as well

#11 Posted by Rod_The_Blade_Star (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

yea have him join a society where being feared and hated is the norm. I think he would rather join for the science and less used as a big gun. I just dont think they would send him out as much to fight.

I agree Thor and Red Hulk could probably take down most mutants but dont forget they will have to face the likes of Juggernaut-Colossus and if the writers are smart enough to remember him they will have to face Gentle as well

Ah gentle Forgot about him. Thought he was depowered. I should read young Xmen again. Anywho the new colossus is a card they can play but considering how Cytarrak's influence in against Peter's nature it could backfire. Could Emma and Xavier use Telepathy on Thor? Sorry for being off topic

#12 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah gentle Forgot about him. Thought he was depowered. I should read young Xmen again. Anywho the new colossus is a card they can play but considering how Cytarrak's influence in against Peter's nature it could backfire. Could Emma and Xavier use Telepathy on Thor? Sorry for being off topic

idk. I checked his page but it doesnt say he is vulnerable or resistant to telepathy

#13 Posted by Rod_The_Blade_Star (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

idk. I checked his page but it doesnt say he is vulnerable or resistant to telepathy

Well they could write it either way then.

#14 Posted by Rod_The_Blade_Star (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Back on track. Since they seem to be turning Cyclops into this mutant separtists he might see the error of his ways if he notices how similar his methodology is to the hulk's mentality

#15 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

i just don't seem to like the idea

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.