Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk 2016-

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I have literally given up on comics. I have not had the urge or even a slight desire to follow ANY series right now. The only one's I'm concretely sticking to right now is Punisher and Invincible.

I've tried wrapping my head around this new version of the Hulk, but the sad fact of the Matter is, no matter how well Amadeus Cho evolves or progresses, he is not Bruce Banner, and thus, I have no desire to read about his goofy adventure.

What he said...

..although I have not totally given up on comics. Martian Manhunter, Dr Strange and Daredevil are doing it for me right now. Not much else! Cancelled most of my titles. Certainly not buying this silly Hulk comic, even with my hero Greg Pak writing it.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@theacidskull: You should read Dr. Strange, Hercules, Martian Manhunter and Sinestro....only comics that are consistently fantastic month in and out like Invincible.

phantomjolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Battle123axe

Ha,

hulk fans, we are finally back on the popular wiki boards list, even if we are at the bottom

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@theacidskull: You should read Dr. Strange, Hercules, Martian Manhunter and Sinestro....only comics that are consistently fantastic month in and out like Invincible.

Hercules sounds like a good idea.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomjolt: Sinestro is amazing. One of the best reads month in and out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: If you loved Pak's run you'll love Abnetts stuff on Herc.

If you ever get the chance you should check out the other books I mentioned along with squadron supreme. All great reads that will not dissapoint you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you ever get the chance you should check out the other books I mentioned along with squadron supreme. All great reads that will not dissapoint you.

It's not that I don't want to check it out, it's that I will most likely be unable to hold a huge list of comics due to college.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Battle123axe

Aaand were off it again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

It's not that I don't want to check it out, it's that I will most likely be unable to hold a huge list of comics due to college.

Which is why I wrote if you ever get the chance. I was just letting you know that they won`t disappoint. But if you add one more title definitely add Herc as it's probably the one that I'm most sure you'll click with :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

Which is why I wrote if you ever get the chance. I was just letting you know that they won`t disappoint. But if you add one more title definitely add Herc as it's probably the one that I'm most sure you'll click with :)

I've read the first issue and it was very fun. Plus, it has a very cool and unique gimmick going. Definitely gonna keep my eye on that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

I've read the first issue and it was very fun. Plus, it has a very cool and unique gimmick going. Definitely gonna keep my eye on that.

The second issue was even better and left me eagerly awaiting issue 3. Definitely a hit series.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Yea i'd second Hercules i started reading it when it came out and i am loving it. It has the smashing i miss and a mystery aspect to it that makes me eager for each next issue to come out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Yea i'd second Hercules i started reading it when it came out and i am loving it. It has the smashing i miss and a mystery aspect to it that makes me eager for each next issue to come out.

Well then, might as well check it out. You're very critical of the stuff you read so Hercules must be good!

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Were back on it. Again.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Hercules also brings up something that needs to be addressed. And that is the lack of the Eternals in the Marvel Universe. Why haven't they been given their All-New, All-Different series yet? If done just right, the Eternals and Deviants could become the cosmic New Gods & Dark Gods of the Marvel Universe/Multiverse/Omniverse. But it just seems like Marvel wants to leave them in limbo and focus on the Mutants & Inhumans all the time. I'm surprised we're even seeing Gilgamesh/The Forgotten One in the Herc series.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gone from it.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Schwarz

Funny that for almost the whole fifth page on the Hulk forum most of the posts are for other comics... says a lot about this All New "Totally" (sigh) Awesome Hulk... ugh.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hey. here is something ive just considered. during the planet hulk saga, sakaar is a planet 33% bigger than earth. thanks to some reasearch that means that there is more gravity, herp derp. buuuuut. the huk was on that planet. and did a lot of stuff on that planet. with there being a higher gravity on the planet, that means that all the occupants of the planet have a stronger body structure that a regular human to cope with the gravity. this is a minor feat, but this means that EVERY single thing that the hulk dd was under a higher gravity, WHILE WEAKENED. and he didnt even feel it.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe:

Not to mention pulling the planet back together and saving it from utter destruction once the Red King shattered the tectonic plates of the Sakaar. All of this and more Hulk done while in a weakened state of being. Everything he did was impressive. I mean, I doubt most or any of the other Marvel heroes/villains would have even survived what the Hulk went through on that planet if they were greatly weakened.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS #7

No Caption Provided

AL EWING (W) • Rhoald Marcellius (A)

Cover by Paco Medina

VARIANT COVER BY Ron Lim

“Ultimate Fighting” STARTS NOW!

After the cataclysmic events of last issue -- Battlerealm will never be the same! But Earth’s ultimate superteam has discovered the Contest -- and they don’t like it at all! Is this the end of Maestro’s dream of power? Or the start of a whole new Contest of Champions? Fan-fave writer Al Ewing combines two of his new series into one can’t-miss epic!

I don't wanna take credit, but before the Contest of Champions even started or somewhere around issue #1 i mentioned to Al that it would be cool if Maestro fought the Ultimates and here we are...

P.S. There is also solicitations for Totally Awesome Cho but i didn't care enough for them to post it...

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@atheistknowledge: i literally just saw that going through the previews and was about to mention it here. I doubt they'll have a full blown fight, and if they do maestro will probably powered by the ISO sphere, but regardless they should at least have a scuffle since an encounter like that would be wasted otherwise.

And yeah, I remember you saying that in fact. Granted at that time Al believed that blue marvel would be an even fight for maestro (as much as I disagree with it), but maybe his opinion changed.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By GreenScar1990

THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #5

No Caption Provided

GREG PAK (W) • MIKE CHOI (A)

Cover by FRANK CHO

CIVIL WAR VARIANT COVER BY TBA

• Amadeus Cho loves being the Hulk -- and he’s determined to be the greatest hero the world’s ever seen.

• But if the Hulk is driven by rage, what lies within Amadeus? Unfortunately for him, the Enchantress, Amora of Asgard, is hell-bent on finding out!

THE MIGHTY THOR #6

No Caption Provided

JASON AARON (W) • RAFA GARRES (A)

COVER BY RUSSELL DAUTERMAN

CIVIL WAR VARIANT COVER BY TBA

THROWBACK THOR’S DAY!

• A special tale of young Thor adventuring in the age of Vikings!

• Meanwhile, LOKI conjures up a dark and powerful new enemy: VIKING HULK

• Guest artist RAFA GARRAS brings SAVAGE NORSE ACTION because YOU DEMANDED IT!

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: i literally just saw that going through the previews and was about to mention it here. I doubt they'll have a full blown fight, and if they do maestro will probably powered by the ISO sphere, but regardless they should at least have a scuffle since an encounter like that would be wasted otherwise.

And yeah, I remember you saying that in fact. Granted at that time Al believed that blue marvel would be an even fight for maestro (as much as I disagree with it), but maybe his opinion changed.

Oh yea they are gonna fight a bit, for sure.

I maybe wrong but i think Al changed his mind since then, i think he is gonna write Maestro as more of a team buster... He already fought his team and according to the solicitations he is about to fight 2-3 more teams already, we will see how Al handles it, how much weight Maestro is gonna pull on his own and how much he will use the Iso-Sphere.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge:

I hope Al Ewing intends to portray the Maestro as a high-end powerhouse. I mean, even without the Iso-Sphere, he's still a vastly intelligent and powerful being. Take in to account all the weapons he wields and he should be able to crush Heralds of Galactus and even Thanos without much difficulty. Not to mention he has all the intellect of Bruce Banner-- one of the smartest beings in the Marvel Universe -- and power that's equal or greater than many of the most powerful/formidable Hulk incarnations.

If this is another step closer to who the Maestro is in the CoC mobile game, I'm all for it. That's the kind of villain I want to strike fear into the hearts of every hero, villain and being in the Marvel Universe/Multiverse/Omniverse.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing Jason Aaron writing a viking Hulk makes me head desk... i wonder how much he will lowbal Hulk this time, at least i hope that this viking Hulk has nothing to do with the real Hulk.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 thedailybagel  Moderator

@atheistknowledge: I agree, but I don't know if it'll be a full blown fight if you get what I mean?

Probabaly, he'd already planned for maestro to fight his team (he literally said exactly what would happen months before the issue came out) but I don't think the ultimates crossover was prepared at that time.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Yea i don't know either but this time it's different, when you see crossovers like this it's usually hero vs hero so they have a small scuffle, here Maestro is a clear villain trying to gain omnipotence, it might be more then just a scuffle, but again i can't guarantee it and we will have to wait and see.

Yea, that's why i think Al is giving a bit more respect to Maestro, he just has him fight teams more and more, which is a good sign.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oooh, interesting

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 thedailybagel  Moderator

@atheistknowledge: good points, for now I guess it's best to wait and see. Although if they do fight it'll be interesting to see how maestro deals with monica, we might get to see him use ronans hammer for that one.

Although now that I think about it, the stipulations tease that the ultimates are going to be maestros new team for an arc, so he either has to beat them in a fight or straight up stomp them with the ISO spehere.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel:

Given how powerful Maestro is (even without weapons and the Iso-Sphere) and the weapons he has in his possession, he should outright stomp them in a straight all-out fight. It will be interesting to see how things will go down, that's for certain. I just can't see Maestro being taken down by them or anyone directly any time soon. I do hope he is being set up to be a Universal/Multiversal/Ominversal threat, much like he is in the CoC mobile game.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: hopefully he is, it would be a wasted opportunity otherwise

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: two words Hell No! What in the world has marvel jumped the sharks!

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ignoring the obvious troll/hater post above, what are your thoughts regarding the upcoming issues of Totally Awesome Hulk that will feature Amora the Enchantress and Thor/Jane Foster?

Do you think her tampering with Amadeus' psyche will reveal/unleash his own inner demons?

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Schwarz

Well I know I am a bit negative towards Cholk but I have a problem seeing Hulk on almost all the covers getting his butt handed to him... I mean you call the new Hulk book "Totally Awesome" but all the covers have Hulk on his knees getting beaten down. It has nothing to do with the story but it shows that Marvel has lost a lot of respect for Hulk. The biggest complaints about me as a fan lately has been that Hulk is lacking the power respect he used to have and they try to sell me a book with a cover where Hulk is being whooped...

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schwarz: My sentiments exactly. Even Maestro isn't impressing me. I've gone so long now without picking up a Hulk title. Nothing has been worthwhile in a long long time.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 thedailybagel  Moderator

Anything happen in CoC?

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything happen in CoC?

That's what I want to know. Did anything Maestro related happen in the latest issue of Contest of Champions? Or did it end in a cliffhanger that sets up the next couple Maestro focused issues?

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing much in terms of action from Maestro's side, but there was a certain revelation i wont spoil at the end.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maestro teleported a "relic" from his treasure room again. He also grabbed Ares by the throat and threw him like a ragdoll. Besides that there will be a big cosmic event that will change battlerealm and the multiverse in the next issue or so the the end of the comic book says.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schwarz: Yea it was Stranges Eye of Agamotto.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #3

(W) Greg Pak (A/CA) Frank Cho

PREPARE TO MEET YOUR FOOM!

• Amadeus is on the hunt for the biggest, greenest, baddest monster on the block - besides himself, of course!

• And an unlikely ally lends a hand!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: Didn't want to spoil it, I tried to be vague so people would support and buy it. It's the only Marvel book I read and find pretty good right now.

BTW I do like that teleportation of weapons and relics from the Maestro. I'm really negative towards Marvel as of these last few years but I fond Contest of Champions well done so far.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@atheistknowledge: is it just me or did punisher kill *spoilers below so don't read if you don't want them*

-

-

-

Ares and sentry along with a few others?

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Not sure about Ares, but he definitely killed Sentry and Stick, at the very least.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah Marvel. Keep ignoring tiers and power levels to tell crap stories. I don't think they understand how much it takes away from the story when these things are glossed over.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@atheistknowledge: you can see his helmet on the floor with smoke rising from it IIRC.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 thedailybagel  Moderator

@nomar: read the comic before critising what happened, or ask one of us how punisher 2099 did it. He used a special gun that disintegrated them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.