Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk 2016-

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By GreenScar1990

Well, here's the new thread for all Hulk news and discussion. Now we can get a MOD to lock up the old thread and start anew with this one. Since Greg Pak's "Totally Awesome Hulk" is coming out in December 2015, I think it's only right to further discuss this particular topic.

What are your thoughts on Greg Pak's return?

What do you think of Amadeus Cho being a Hulk?

Are you interested in the new villainess: Lady Hellbender?

Do you think we'll ever have the REAL Hulk/Bruce Banner return?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't really voiced my thoughts/opinion on the upcoming "Totally Awesome Hulk" from legendary writer Greg Pak. That changes now upon this post.

Do I believe it will be better than the last 4-5 years of Hulk comics?

Do I think it will be the best Hulk comics since Greg Pak departed?

Yes (with PAD's recent Secret Wars: Future Imperfect mini being the extremely rare exception), but there's something I'd like to state/proclaim.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the new Hulk series, but like most long-time Hulk fans... I don't believe being the Hulk is simply a mantle to be handed down. Hulk is Banner. Banner is Hulk. It just simply can't be passed down like a mantle. Especially not like what was done with Cap & Thor (though as where the Cap one is easier to accept as it was done with Bucky, Jane becoming and taking the name of Thor instead of simply being called She-Thor or Thordis makes no sense and was badly handled/executed in my opinion).

I mean, yeah, there's been other Hulks-- Skaar, She-Hulk, A-Bomb, Red She-Hulk, Lyra and Red Hulk-- and they've been and were unique/different enough from Banner/Hulk to add some diversity. And all the while these Hulks did not take anything away from Banner/Hulk. I just hope Pak realizes this and chooses to make Cho-Hulk his own unique character.

You know, add to the mythos of the Hulk/Banner character without trying to make it seem Cho-Hulk is there to be superior or to replace the original Hulk/Banner. I hope Pak will also see that being a Hulk is also a psychological representation of a person's inner self, emotions, and/or personality/personalities. It'd be welcome to see Cho struggle with his own rage & inner self.

Maybe then he'll see that being a Hulk isn't as awesome or easy as he first thought it'd be. I mean, look at the other Hulks. Skaar, Jen, Lyra Betty, Rick and Thaddeus all have struggled with their emotions, inner selves & demons so to speak. They've each endured a lot and went through a lot of hell in their respective lives.

It'd only made sense if Amadeus also had to deal with this. He lost his parents, has a rebellious rage, and is way too overconfident for his own damn good.

That being said, I don't think Banner's Hulk(s) are gone. They're part of him, part of his psyche. Hulk was a part of Banner way before the gamma bomb released him. He's always been with Banner since the beginning. Feeling and seeing what Banner endured. This was shown during PAD's Tempest Fugit and even in Aaron's run.

Banner may not be able to become the Hulk, but much like in Pak's previous run, it's only a matter of time before Hulk returns. And when Banner/Hulk do return, it's gonna be something massive and truly incredible (pun may or may not be intended). Now, if this series were written by anyone else, I'd be VERY worried. But with Greg Pak at the helm, I'm optimistic.

Thus, I'm expecting Pak will add to the Hulk mythos/lore without taking anything away from the original Hulk/Banner dynamic.

Plus, we'll be getting some new villains! I'm looking forward to seeing Lady Hellbender. We definitely need more Wonder Woman level powerhouses in the Marvel Universe. And judging by the awesome artwork from Frank Cho, in which she's revealed, I think we're in for a real treat come December. If nothing else, it'll be entertaining to an extent... though, like the rest of you, I'd much rather prefer the real Hulk/Banner or Skaar being the main character of the series.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Kennethmaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yep, it will be better than the recent years of Hulk comics, but I have my reservations as its not Banner...

We can only hope that Greg Pak is in form when writing this as recent years have been so dire.....

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

I think it's going to be great, there's no doubt in my mind that frank and greg are going to deliver.

My gripe is that coming from a huge hulk fans perspective, I won't properly be able to enjoy the series despite pak writing it and regardless of how good it is, simply down to the fact that they've just up and replaced banner with no build up, simply because he's a white Caucasian male.

And unlike others, I don't think the real hulk will be coming back for a very long time, if at all to be honest. And if he does I don't think he'll be a main character, marvel seems hell bent on keeping this diversity shtick they have going on, so much so that freaking thor has seemingly dropped off the map and nothing has been mentioned about him.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

1. It's Pak and it's Hulk. I'm pretty confident it's gonna be great.

2. Ehhhhhh

3. Wait and See

4. Pretty darn tootin sure

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

Also, I'm 99% sure maestro is going to smack down ares like a child having a tantrum or do something else badass in contest of champions #2.

Is anyone else liking the feel of contest of champions? Im enjoying it so far and from what I can tell its more like a prelude to the contest of champions game version.

Kennethmaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: I'm loving it so far they're probably going to explain how he got out in next issue he is a threat now

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: @kennethmaestro:

I found them to be very enjoyable. And I loved the art involving Maestro. Can someone upload those couple awesome pages featuring him?

They're freaking awesome!

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By green_skaar

@greenscar1990 said:

@thedailybagel: @kennethmaestro:

I found them to be very enjoyable. And I loved the art involving Maestro. Can someone upload those couple awesome pages featuring him?

They're freaking awesome!

From yesterday's comic (Secret Wars 6 or Contest of Champions 1)? If no one does by tonight I'll post them when I get home.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anyone can make it work, it'd be Pak.....

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By green_skaar

@green_skaar:

Cool. Did you see or read Marvel Point One?

Just did, nice. Is that what you were wanting scans from? Sorry, so many Maestro appearances this week!

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar:

If you don't mind, it would be nice to share them with our fellow Hulk fans. Thank you very much! :)

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar:

If you don't mind, it would be nice to share them with our fellow Hulk fans. Thank you very much! :)

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GreenScar1990

@green_skaar:

Thank you again, my friend. I, as I am certain others, appreciate what you've done.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GreenScar1990

@battle123axe: @bezza: @thedailybagel: @kennethmaestro: @20damon: @green_skaar:

So, I assume most of you heard the confirmation that... the Hulk will supposedly have a major role in Thor: Ragnarok? I find it to be quite interesting. Here's my thoughts on the subject.

Having two of the most powerful heroic beings like Hulk & Thor team-up for a movie has immense potential. It means we'll get a lot of action & smashing. However... I can't help but wonder: What kind of threat, or threats, could be so massive to require Hulk & Thor teaming up?

Being the film has Ragnarok in its title, I can expect that all the 9 Realms and possibly other alien worlds will be at war. When it comes to Hulk & Thor, you have to have the biggest threats for them to face. Otherwise, the need for a team-up is completely unnecessary.

On a different note, What I'd like to see is Marvel finally having the guts to develop Hulk & give him a damn personality. I want to see some Jekyll and Hyde aspect of the character. I want Hulk to speak in full sentences, be his own unique character, and have nothing but contempt for Banner & everyone else. I want a Hulk who has an attitude. A Hulk who is the Strongest there is. A snarky, raging, unstoppable warrior badass. That's what I want.

I'm just so sick of Marvel forcing this mute, growling/snarling beast of a Hulk down our throats in every film. Enough is enough. It's time for a change. Make the Hulk his own unique character, give him a personality, allow him to speak in sentences & continue to develop from that point forward.

However, I would like to state that I still want a couple solo Hulk films, including Planet Hulk, in the future. That's not to say that I would mind if Thor: Ragnarok & the Infinity War films act as a prelude to a Planet Hulk film. In fact, I'd favor it greatly if Thor: Ragnarok & Infinity War: Part 1 & 2 are the prelude to an actual Planet Hulk film.

I mean, c'mon, guys! I can just picture Hulk wearing Asgardian armor... and it is quite awesome!

Back to the topic of potential threats for Hulk & Thor, assuming we get this team-up for the film... which I'm hoping and praying that we will. There's always the potential all the enemies/threats of the 9 worlds including Surtur & Fire Demons, Ymir & Frost Giants, Mangog, Hela and the forces of Hell, etc.

Hulk & Thor also could be contending from alien threats outside the 9 worlds as well as the threats posed by the 9 worlds, thus giving us a huge threats from two different fronts. The Cull Obsidian/Black Order could be a possibility, along with the alien armadas they lead to seek one or more of the Infinity Stones. The Kronans, Sakaarians, Korbinites, and Shadow People could also provide a diverse army for whatever or whomever would be leading them to go against Hulk and Thor.

There's definitely a lot of potential in a Hulk & Thor team-up. I just hope they leave Jane & the rest of the Earth characters out of this. We do not need any more of their interference, as they totally drag the film down. It was one of my many complaints about the sub-par film that is Thor: The Dark World.

It's also time we see Hulk & Thor cut loose without fear of leveling cities and killing thousands of people. This film, given it's location or locations, gives us that chance to see the two most powerful heroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to really cut loose and put the Man of Steel battles to shame!

I'd like to also say that it'd be interesting to see Hulk/Banner interact with the various Asgardians like Sif & the Warriors Three. Who knows? Banner/Hulk might find a potential love interest in the form of Valkyrie/Brunhilda, Sif, or maybe Caiera herself. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Some of you have to admit that it would be interesting if Banner/Hulk do manage to obtain the heart of someone like Brunhilda/Valkyrie, since the Valkyries will be introduced in this particular film. It would also serve as a nice reference/homage to Valkyrie & Hulk's strong bond during the original Defenders comic series. It doesn't have to be straight-out love right off the bat. Think of Valkyrie/Hulk relationship being like that of Hulk/Caiera from Planet Hulk. Kindred spirits of battle/war who once fought against one another but then unite to face a greater threat. This relationship/bond could develop from Thor: Ragnarok and into Infinity War trilogy.

I could definitely picture a scene like this between Banner & Valkyrie in Thor: Ragnarok.

Loading Video...

Also, has anyone thought that maybe Loki's revenge against the Hulk will be that he manipulates him into causing an all-out war: Ragnarok? It could be possible that Loki realizes that Hulk is the only being powerful enough to shatter/destroy a weapon/seal, thus invoking Ragnarok. It also makes me wonder if Loki & Enchantress could potentially manipulate the Hulk into causing Ragnarok in a similar vein to the animated Hulk Vs. Thor film. There's just so many possibilities.

Thoughts?

I'll post some links with more information of the topic when I get the chance.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

true, all true^

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you for posting those scans! Maestro is very entertaining.

Hulk being in Thor has me excited as well. The two heaviest hitters on the Avengers needing to team up to take on some big bad, and more than likely failing (hence the title)?! The stakes are real, and that makes the movie exciting. Hopefully we get some great team up moments, and a moment or two of Hulk doing something "impossible" with his strength / rage. There's plenty of Thor rogues that I'd love to see them team up to fight, Surtur being the main one.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GreenScar1990

MovieWeb

• http://movieweb.com/thor-3-ragnarok-hulk-returns-mark-ruffalo/

Screen Rant

• http://screenrant.com/hulk-thor-3-explained/

Cinema Blend

• http://www.cinemablend.com/new/5-Ways-Hulk-Might-Fit-Thor-Ragnarok-88777.html

Comic Book Resources

• http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/hulk-to-smash-thor-ragnarok-marvel-studios-reportedly-near-deal

Comics Alliance

• http://comicsalliance.com/valkyrie-debut-thor-ragnarok/

Superhero Hype

• http://www.superherohype.com/news/355481-will-the-god-of-thunder-and-the-hulk-team-up-in-thor-ragnarok

Heroic Hollywood

• http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2015/10/15/confirmed-marvel-bringing-the-hulk-into-thor-ragnarok

Nerdist

• http://nerdist.com/marvel-thor-ragnarok-hulk-confirmed-mark-ruffalo/

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: @bezza: @thedailybagel: @kennethmaestro: @20damon: @green_skaar:

So, I assume most of you heard the confirmation that... the Hulk will supposedly have a major role in Thor: Ragnarok? I find it to be quite interesting. Here's my thoughts on the subject.

Having two of the most powerful heroic beings like Hulk & Thor team-up for a movie has immense potential. It means we'll get a lot of action & smashing. However... I can't help but wonder: What kind of threat, or threats, could be so massive to require Hulk & Thor teaming up?

Being the film has Ragnarok in its title, I can expect that all the 9 Realms and possibly other alien worlds will be at war. When it comes to Hulk & Thor, you have to have the biggest threats for them to face. Otherwise, the need for a team-up is completely unnecessary.

On a different note, What I'd like to see is Marvel finally having the guts to develop Hulk & give him a damn personality. I want to see some Jekyll and Hyde aspect of the character. I want Hulk to speak in full sentences, be his own unique character, and have nothing but contempt for Banner & everyone else. I want a Hulk who has an attitude. A Hulk who is the Strongest there is. A snarky, raging, unstoppable warrior badass. That's what I want.

I'm just so sick of Marvel forcing this mute, growling/snarling beast of a Hulk down our throats in every film. Enough is enough. It's time for a change. Make the Hulk his own unique character, give him a personality, allow him to speak in sentences & continue to develop from that point forward.

However, I would like to state that I still want a couple solo Hulk films, including Planet Hulk, in the future. That's not to say that I would mind if Thor: Ragnarok & the Infinity War films act as a prelude to a Planet Hulk film. In fact, I'd favor it greatly if Thor: Ragnarok & Infinity War: Part 1 & 2 are the prelude to an actual Planet Hulk film.

I mean, c'mon, guys! I can just picture Hulk wearing Asgardian armor... and it is quite awesome!

Back to the topic of potential threats for Hulk & Thor, assuming we get this team-up for the film... which I'm hoping and praying that we will. There's always the potential all the enemies/threats of the 9 worlds including Surtur & Fire Demons, Ymir & Frost Giants, Mangog, Hela and the forces of Hell, etc.

Hulk & Thor also could be contending from alien threats outside the 9 worlds as well as the threats posed by the 9 worlds, thus giving us a huge threats from two different fronts. The Cull Obsidian/Black Order could be a possibility, along with the alien armadas they lead to seek one or more of the Infinity Stones. The Kronans, Sakaarians, Korbinites, and Shadow People could also provide a diverse army for whatever or whomever would be leading them to go against Hulk and Thor.

There's definitely a lot of potential in a Hulk & Thor team-up. I just hope they leave Jane & the rest of the Earth characters out of this. We do not need any more of their interference, as they totally drag the film down. It was one of my many complaints about the sub-par film that is Thor: The Dark World.

It's also time we see Hulk & Thor cut loose without fear of leveling cities and killing thousands of people. This film, given it's location or locations, gives us that chance to see the two most powerful heroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to really cut loose and put the Man of Steel battles to shame!

I'd like to also say that it'd be interesting to see Hulk/Banner interact with the various Asgardians like Sif & the Warriors Three. Who knows? Banner/Hulk might find a potential love interest in the form of Valkyrie/Brunhilda, Sif, or maybe Caiera herself. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Some of you have to admit that it would be interesting if Banner/Hulk do manage to obtain the heart of someone like Brunhilda/Valkyrie, since the Valkyries will be introduced in this particular film. It would also serve as a nice reference/homage to Valkyrie & Hulk's strong bond during the original Defenders comic series. It doesn't have to be straight-out love right off the bat. Think of Valkyrie/Hulk relationship being like that of Hulk/Caiera from Planet Hulk. Kindred spirits of battle/war who once fought against one another but then unite to face a greater threat. This relationship/bond could develop from Thor: Ragnarok and into Infinity War trilogy.

I could definitely picture a scene like this between Banner & Valkyrie in Thor: Ragnarok.

Loading Video...

Also, has anyone thought that maybe Loki's revenge against the Hulk will be that he manipulates him into causing an all-out war: Ragnarok? It could be possible that Loki realizes that Hulk is the only being powerful enough to shatter/destroy a weapon/seal, thus invoking Ragnarok. It also makes me wonder if Loki & Enchantress could potentially manipulate the Hulk into causing Ragnarok in a similar vein to the animated Hulk Vs. Thor film. There's just so many possibilities.

Thoughts?

I'll post some links with more information of the topic when I get the chance.

This would be amazing.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find the fact that Hulk is in Thor Ragnarok to be pure bullshit.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GreenScar1990

THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #2

No Caption Provided

GREG PAK (W) • FRANK CHO (A/C)

VARIANT COVER BY AMY REEDER

CHO TIME CONTINUES AS THE HULK TAKES ON THE BIGGEST MONSTERS IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE!

• But can Amadeus handle the brand-new danger of Lady Hellbender?

• Also: Trouble in the family! Snack time with Spidey! And more revelations about just what the devil happened to Banner!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have to say, not really sure I care much for this Maestro - hes so different to Hulk/Banner/the original Maestro etc. Just feels like a generic cosmic/Thanos type villain.

@greenscar1990 said:

@green_skaar:

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The female villain for the new Hulk looks meh... the metal thong is still funny though. My mind still can't comprehend the fact that we are about to get a completely different Hulk for years to come.... it's like it's all just a weird dream.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge:I think she's a villainess who will suit Cho-Hulk. Probably not so much if it were Banner/Hulk, who'd probably scoff and smash her into the ground. I mean, we're not certain of it yet, but I have a feeling that Cho-Hulk isn't at the same level of power that Banner/Hulk is. Just like She-Thor/Jane isn't on the same power level as Thor Odinson.

@fifthchild: Well, I look at it as a progression of what Maestro is to become. In his reality/universe, he conquered and was supreme. And personally? A being like Maestro shouldn't limit himself to a single world and should be a villain of the same power ranking of beings like Thanos & Darkseid.

Who knows? If the comic series is supposed to be a cannon prequel to the game (which was stated/mentioned in an interview), then Cosmic Maestro is destined to become a Universal threat/Multiversal conqueror. I certainly don't have a problem with Cosmic Maestro being the next big threat who can put down Thanos & Dr. Doom, as they've been used so often that they've become uninteresting.

I say... let the Reign of the Maestro begin!

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: There is no reason to believe Cho Hulk will be any weaker then Banner since he is now the real Hulk, unless Pak himself specifies it. As for the vileness i am not talking about her power levels since i don't know what they are she might be weak she might be extremely powerful i am saying her look and while we are at it her name "Hellbender" are pretty generic and uninteresting, hopefully either her motives or her backstory might make up for it.

Though i still wont be buying the comic.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: I know that. I guess we'll just have to wait and see regarding the power levels of Cho-Hulk in comparison to Banner/Hulk. And personally, I'm all for a powerful new villainess. I just wish her hair was black instead of red. And the design of Lady Hellbender isn't bad, but it could use some tweaks. Let's just hope she turns out to be a truly formidable and interesting character. If anyone can pull it off, it's Greg Pak. I'd still love to see him write DC's Wonder Woman.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Strap in, hold on and Hulk out True Believer. It’s time for a new Jade Giant for a new Marvel Universe. Amadeus Cho is here, and he’s throwing a gamma punch in your face this December in THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #1 - the explosive new series from writer Greg Pak and artist Frank Cho! A 19-year old boy genius is now the strongest being in the Marvel Universe. What could possibly go wrong? The mystery behind the Hulk’s new identity may have been revealed. But the questions don’t stop there. How did he come to be? What happened to Bruce Banner in the previous eight months. All will be revealed. But first – prepare for a completely different kind of Hulk. Not tormented. Not conflicted. Just a giant green wrecking machine who loves being the Hulk!

Now is the time to jump on board the series that already has the world talking. Big heart, big action and high stakes await Amadeus Cho on his very first Hulk adventure. Believe us, you’ve never seen a Hulk like this before and it’s going to be TOTALLY AWESOME. Be there as Amadeus’ exciting journey begins inTHE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #1!

TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #1 (OCT150741)

Written by GREG PAK

Art & Cover by FRANK CHO

Variant Covers by FRANK CHO (OCT150742) and WOO CHUL LEE (OCT150743)

Hip-Hop Variant by MAHMUD ASRAR (OCT150744)

Action Figure Variant by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER (OCT150745)

Marvel ’92 Variant by DALE KEOWN (OCT150746)

FOC – 11/02/15, On-Sale – 12/02/15

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only a few pages of preview and Amadeus already comes off as obnoxious...

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really like that Asrar cover.

Bit disconcerting how not different Hulk looks in a lot of these pics. Would anyone have noticed any difference if they had shown his face all those months ago?

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

Well contest of champions was cool.

Kennethmaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: I liked it too it was funny when Tony thought he was maestro from heroic age and said leave message at the sound of Broken femurs lmao

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AtheistKnowledge
    Kennethmaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like they are really taking a more childish obnoxious teen squeeker aproach. Guess they want to sell a bit more products and get Hulk popular to kiddies before chrismas. Really not impressed by the preview...

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

@kennethmaestro: It was good, i liked the action and i liked how Al is staying true to his promises of slowly revealing more and more about Maestro. What his plans are, how he escaped Battleworld, etc... are all to come.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked seeing Maestro handily (while holding back) take down Ares, Gamora, Iron Man and Guillotine. I get the reason why he did not simply dispatch them. After all, he chose them for his team and it would be quite a nuisance to pick other contestants all over again. And I like his use of summoning weapons from those he killed/defeated from his universe/reality/timeline.

He's definitely got the power, intellect, weapons and potential to become the Cosmic Maestro that we're familiar with in the Contest of Champions game. Let's just hope that Al Ewing will deliver in the long run. So far, so good.

Kennethmaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Kennethmaestro
    thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online
    thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@atheistknowledge: I think the other summoners reveal was an anticlimax though.

But I loved how ares was characterised, Al had him think for a change and show that he's a smart tactician when he wants to be.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Agreed, i don't even know who Punisher 2099 is, this was my first time seeing him but meh...

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Schwarz

I will copy past what I said on the maesteo forum:

I really enjoyed it. As usual Maestro isn't satisfied and wants to rule or at least has a something behind his head plotting something. I really enjoy Maestro or where Marvel is going with him. The fight well once again it was not a surprise that Marvel hyped up a fake fight. Though Ares was getting trashed and Maestro easily got the others to stop attacking him. Interesting thing is that he seems to be able to teleport stuff from his treasure room such as a Cap shield. He also wears an Iron Hulk armor. An armor that comes from a uni. where IronMan had made the gamma bomb and became Hulk. I really like that particular part of the marvel universe where they can bring anything from anywhere in time and space and beyond because of the Iso-8 material. Anyways Maestro's role is really cool so far. I do hope this will be a long series. So far i'm a buyer. I have been really hard on marvel in the last few years for a reason but I must gve credit. I do enjoy secret wars as a whole not for Hulk or Meastro though since I think they once again lowballed hulk and maestro but I do enjoy contest of champions right now.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem I have with Marvel. Is they have no idea how to depict power. That fight in CoC 2 was not a good showing in my book. Maestro feels the need to defend against every hit, even from attacks that logic would dictate he can tank without even flinching. Then he says "ow"(and makes his head bob) when hit with non lethal bullets. Marvel just sucks at power portrayal. These are the same people who have Thanos reacting to everything that hits him as if it registered pain. Sure these guys can tank high end stuff, but when everything causes them distress, I don't get a sense of how powerful I'm supposed to think they are.

Kennethmaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nomar said:

The problem I have with Marvel. Is they have no idea how to depict power. That fight in CoC 2 was not a good showing in my book. Maestro feels the need to defend against every hit, even from attacks that logic would dictate he can tank without even flinching. Then he says "ow"(and makes his head bob) when hit with non lethal bullets. Marvel just sucks at power portrayal. These are the same people who have Thanos reacting to everything that hits him as if it registered pain. Sure these guys can tank high end stuff, but when everything causes them distress, I don't get a sense of how powerful I'm supposed to think they are.

this

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked seeing Maestro handily (while holding back) take down Ares, Gamora, Iron Man and Guillotine. I get the reason why he did not simply dispatch them. After all, he chose them for his team and it would be quite a nuisance to pick other contestants all over again. And I like his use of summoning weapons from those he killed/defeated from his universe/reality/timeline.

He's definitely got the power, intellect, weapons and potential to become the Cosmic Maestro that we're familiar with in the Contest of Champions game. Let's just hope that Al Ewing will deliver in the long run. So far, so good.

I'd be interested next issue if he fights the Void.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nomar said:

Its a bit broad to say "Marvel sucks at powerlevels" imo. There are a huge range of depictions. I feel that Ewing sees things pretty different to many people - specifically I get the impression he has a high opinion of Ares based on the fact that he is fighting Sentry next issue apparently. Other than that - no the Maestro didnt look that great IMO and I'd reiteerate that i'm not actually that big a fan of this vision of the character as some kind of "Thanos-lite".

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.