Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk 2014-

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1301 thedailybagel  Moderator

Brilliant issue all around. The fight was excellent, doc green finally got angry, and the new development seems incredibly interesting.

The one downside is that the new plot point as well as gammon only have one more issue to be resolved.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: to be honest, am enjoying this comic. fans who think hulk hasn't shown any feats for the past three years are wrong. indestructible hulk for example has bunch of feats. hulk is indeed a force to be recon with. in avengers ongoing comic series. he has shown much feats too. withstand a weapon that can melt ultrons adamatium robotic skin is not any easy feat to accomplish, yet hulk did it currently. to my surprise, hulk was taking that shot consistently without feeling much pain. a Thor level gun too that hulk withstood easily is another crazy feat too. hulk doesn't need to punch planet. the feats i mentioned right now is similar to vector from u foes blasting mindless hulk or prof hulk a blast that can repel reality itself. is it similar?

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: to be honest, am enjoying this comic. fans who think hulk hasn't shown any feats for the past three years are wrong. indestructible hulk for example has bunch of feats. hulk is indeed a force to be recon with. in avengers ongoing comic series. he has shown much feats too. withstand a weapon that can melt ultrons adamatium robotic skin is not any easy feat to accomplish, yet hulk did it currently. to my surprise, hulk was taking that shot consistently without feeling much pain. a Thor level gun too that hulk withstood easily is another crazy feat too. hulk doesn't need to punch planet. the feats i mentioned right now is similar to vector from u foes blasting mindless hulk or prof hulk a blast that can repel reality itself. is it similar?

I've enjoyed it too, but everyone is free to their views. I agree he's had a lot of great feats since Pak's run, and shouldn't even be compared to that run in the first place since that's Hulk at his angriest, therefore most powerful.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: honestly, i don't know the writers names, lol i just read comics. who is Pak? is he the one that wrote heart of a monster? for me i like indestructible hulk comic.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will admit I loved when he said that Alpha Omega part. Either way one good fight vs the whole series doesn't redeem it.

So we only have one Hulk comic for a while or something?

If so i guess Maestro and probably she-hulk will be the only hulks for a while.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1306  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@bonifidehustla: that part was epic, I have to admit that my stomach started tingling a little, the whole speech combined with the art was just amazing.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@green_skaar: @medulaoblaganda: I believe both of you are missing a grave point in the matter. It's not solely about the feats that Hulk performs. It's the stories themselves that many have considered to be lackluster and utterly mediocre under Mark Waid's tenure on the Hulk. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and such, and if you like that run of the Hulk that's fine, but I can't help but point out the bland writing Hulk has suffered from the likes of Jason Aaron & Mark Waid (and for the most part with our latest writer Gerry Duggan).

Who wants Hulk to be nothing more than a one-dimensional, boring, growling/snarling, raging beast? I certainly don't. That's what we had to deal with for 2 years with Waid. And to add insult to injury, there was no cause for Hulk's character progression under Pak to be flushed down the toilet. He just did it for no damn reason at all. And to add further insult to injury, he never backed up his promises or claims. What immense threats/foes did Hulk defeat in Waid's run? What incredible adventures through the Marvel Universe did he undertake that were truly awe-inspiring & incredible? And one of the biggest insults Waid had done to the Hulk & his readers/fans? Having Banner being shot and become a mentally-challenged retard. I've not forgotten what he has done.

Now, we have Gerry Duggan on the Hulk. We finally get a Hulk with a personality, but once again the writer hasn't lived up to his boasts and promises. According to Duggan, Doc Green is the most powerful being on the planet. Really? Where has this been proven? When did Duggan back up this boast? Duggan also said Doc Green was one of the, if not the, most intelligent beings on the planet. Really? If he's so smart, he shouldn't have created the Gammon A.I. that backfired in his face. Even a normal person would have seen the potential danger there. So why didn't Doc Green if he's so intelligent?

I haven't read Hulk #15 yet, but so far Doc Green has proven to be nothing more than an arrogant, smug, jerk version of Merged/Professor Hulk. All he has done is build some hi-tech stuff, alienate himself from those closest to him, and depower some gamma beings. And, yes, I'm still ticked at Skaar's ridiculous depowerment and stripping of his heritage. Not to mention Lyra getting sent to who knows where! To be quite honest I never really had a problem with the other Hulks. She-Hulk, Skaar, and Lyra should be kept around permanently because unlike the others they are family (they're part of the Hulk's legacy) and possess infinite potential. But, no, Duggan and Marvel had to do their pathetic culling of the Hulks and make it into a sub-par storyline. And don't get me started on the plot-holes and inconsistencies!

And you think it is unfair to compare Duggan & Waid's run with Pak's? How so? In the beginning of Planet Hulk, our Green Goliath was weaker than ever before and forced to battle as a fierce gladiator on a planet filled with incredibly dangerous threats. So your argument of Hulk at his most powerful/angry doesn't apply there at all. What does apply though is the story, the characters, and the overall execution.

Greg Pak had 14 issues plus an Annual on his first official arch on the Hulk.

Gerry Duggan had 12 issues plus an Annual on his first official arch on the Hulk.

Mark Waid had 15 issues that consisted of four arches that went absolutely nowhere in terms of progressing the Hulk character.

All three were new writers on the Hulk character. Guess which one of the three writers has the better story in every sense of the word? It's not that difficult to determine.

Besides everything I've laid out and stated, the only one who wrote the Hulk being Hulk was Greg Pak. Mark Waid wrote a raging, snarling, one-dimensional beast, while Gerry Duggan is currently writing Merged/Professor Hulk lite.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1308  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@greenscar1990: I think you should read hulk 15 before judging doc green just yet.

At one point it mimics exactly what you wanted from doc green perfectly ;)

Amd I heavily disagree on doc green being similar to proffesor hulk, they both may be smart, but their similarities end there.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A few things about issue 15

• The fight was good and the end of it was enjoyable(especially for someone who hates Rulk like me), Doc Greens statements fit together perfectly with the action and the art.
    • This alone however does not make up for the overall lack luster ark we have had, the previous 10 issues where mostly average at best with possibly 1-2 you could consider good.
    • This is a very minor gripe but that last statement from Sue Richards was pretty dumb.. i mean what the hell? Sue isn't that bloodthirsty nor has she ever shown the ability to just have someone inhale a micro force field and then expand it at the size of the stadium, that felt really weird and out of nowhere to even suggest Sue could solo Hulk the guy that inhaled Pandoras box that registered at over 133 Hercs(1 Herc being the max energy Hercules can deliver in a single punch) and survived it, also the Avengers that gathered where not the ones i was hoping for, where are Blue Marvel? Spectrum? I know Hulk is probably not gonna fight them but i was still hoping to see them all assemble and give Hulk proper respect.
    • And finally i fear that there is no way in hell Gerry is gonna tie every f@cking little thing together... Actually i am 100% positive he wont be able to which worries me greatly... i mean what about Kang, Gammon, Leader, Lyra, She Hulk, Banner, him "dying"... I feel like this is gonna hurt the story greatly no matter how hard he tries to pull it all together....

Overall this was one of the better chapters in the Omega series, in fact it was probably the best one so far. I just hope the ending can top it, bit i am very skeptical with all the ridiculous plot points. Still if Maestro makes an appearance i just might forgive Duggan everything lol.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1310  Edited By bonifidehustla

@atheistknowledge said:

Overall this was one of the better chapters in the Omega series, in fact it was probably the best one so far. I just hope the ending can top it, bit i am very skeptical with all the ridiculous plot points. Still if Maestro makes an appearance i just might forgive Duggan everything lol.

I wonder if Gammon is going to try to heal him then again probably not. Maestro will come just a matter of win. Maybe it might be best if they kill of Hulk for a while since they cant write him. Look at the damage Iron Man responsible for his creation. He also became retarded.

@greenscar1990: I think you should read hulk 15 before judging doc green just yet.

At one point it mimics exactly what you wanted from doc green perfectly ;)

Amd I heavily disagree on doc green being similar to proffesor hulk, they both may be smart, but their similarities end there.

I get what greenscar1990 is saying. One good issue doesnt defeat the overall story of Omega. The moment he said he was losing his smarts it didnt make no sense. Another thing that bothers me now is when he went in that time device he saw Maestro frozen. Now he or use to dream about the Maestro but never question why Maestro was with The Collector.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonifidehustla: I was also thinking it wouldn't be too bad if Hulk died off for some time. The way they are writing him he is better of dead to be honest... But that wont happen unfortunately i literally feel no tensions or suspense for Doc Green losing his intelligence let alone dying seeing as he is 100% making an appearance in Planet Hulk as himself with all his intelligence and Hulk self, so we will have Doc Green stick with us for a while.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1312  Edited By Schwarz

Well after 15 issues Doc Green finally got angry. At least now we know that if Doc Green is angry he can easily beat the hell out of oponents like Rulk the same one who beat some amazing foes in the MU. And we have to admit he raped Rulk easily. The ending meh... obviously they won't kill off she-hulk. She knows she is waaaaay too weak to do anything agaisn't hulk so a bunch of heroes showed up to protect her or it seems that way. As far as the Hulk dying I think it is more of his good side dying since we seem to see the Maestro in the last issue. That or they are killing Hulk to let Maestro take his place. I doubt the second options since he seems to be there in the upcoming event. But seeing Hulk angry and having one good angry fight in 15 issues doesn't redempt the whole series.

as far as the micro forcefield. I don't think it matters really. Doc Green wasn't there to fight and didn't really seam to care about it anyways so we won't get to see it be effective or not (probably wouldn't do much anyways if it expended)

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schwarz: The whole "dying" thing is the reference to the Extremis inside Hulks head. As we found out a few issues ago it is slowly failing and making Doc Green dumber and dumber until it finally goes back to his Savage Hulk intelligence which means the Doc Green persona would be gone forever. This is what he means by "dying" he wont literally die in fact Hulk himself will be just fine it's the Doc Green personality that will disappear.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schwarz said:

as far as the micro forcefield. I don't think it matters really. Doc Green wasn't there to fight and didn't really seam to care about it anyways so we won't get to see it be effective or not (probably wouldn't do much anyways if it expended)

Thats true but it kind of shows how much they feared the Hulk. I kind of wish he went after them well I hope Maestro does. Like you said I think a side of him maybe dying. I do wonder what Maestro is playing. He's been in the present for a while and havent showed up. I wonder if he's just walking around with the Hood outfit just observing and making strategies.

It would be funny they really killed Hulk and the fanboys come and and pick at us. Just to find out that Maestro kill their favorites. LOL

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonifidehustla: don't be surprise when hulk and maestro team up lol i doubt it.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonifidehustla: Maybe using the invisi cloak as seen in spiderman 2099 #10 hehe

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schwarz said:

@bonifidehustla: Maybe using the invisi cloak as seen in spiderman 2099 #10 hehe

Thats what I'm thinking just making his master plan to mess up the whole universe.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonifidehustla: Really looking forward to Hulk 16. Seems like everything will wrap up and ... MAESTRO !

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved 15 :)

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1321  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

If doc green becomes maestro does that mean there will be two maestros running around?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

So did Doc Green get to finally do a number on Rulk then?

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

So did Doc Green get to finally do a number on Rulk then?

He actually beat the shit out of him. So glad no more Rulk for a while i hope. Only 3 are left Hulk, Lyra, and She-Hulk.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: If he does become Maestro then yes, but he wont. He still makes an appearance as Doc Green in Planet Hulk.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A few things about issue 15

• The fight was good and the end of it was enjoyable(especially for someone who hates Rulk like me), Doc Greens statements fit together perfectly with the action and the art.
    • This alone however does not make up for the overall lack luster ark we have had, the previous 10 issues where mostly average at best with possibly 1-2 you could consider good.
    • This is a very minor gripe but that last statement from Sue Richards was pretty dumb.. i mean what the hell? Sue isn't that bloodthirsty nor has she ever shown the ability to just have someone inhale a micro force field and then expand it at the size of the stadium, that felt really weird and out of nowhere to even suggest Sue could solo Hulk the guy that inhaled Pandoras box that registered at over 133 Hercs(1 Herc being the max energy Hercules can deliver in a single punch) and survived it, also the Avengers that gathered where not the ones i was hoping for, where are Blue Marvel? Spectrum? I know Hulk is probably not gonna fight them but i was still hoping to see them all assemble and give Hulk proper respect.
    • And finally i fear that there is no way in hell Gerry is gonna tie every f@cking little thing together... Actually i am 100% positive he wont be able to which worries me greatly... i mean what about Kang, Gammon, Leader, Lyra, She Hulk, Banner, him "dying"... I feel like this is gonna hurt the story greatly no matter how hard he tries to pull it all together....

Yeah, along with issues 5 & 9, this was one of the better issues of the whole "Omega Hulk" arch. However, that still doesn't mean this was a great story overall. Yes, I liked that we finally got to see Doc Green get angry and outright overwhelm Red Hulk, effortlessly snapping his arm in a similar manner to how Phoenix Namor did to Rulk in AvX. But I was disappointed that he needed Deadpool's aid and a bullet to take away Rulk's absorbing powers in the previous issue. It cheapens his victory a little bit, especially when a calm Green Scar/WWH had taken down Rulk with relative ease and without any sort of aid from a special bullet. I was equally disappointed that he didn't simply snap and outright kill Rulk with his bare hands. I'm also equally disappointed that the other fights were not this intense, as Skaar is more than capable of doing just as well if not far better than Red Hulk.

It's quite obvious that Doc Green isn't going to be the Maestro. He simply doesn't have what it takes to be someone of such power, intellect, and ruthlessness as the Maestro. I was also disappointed as the assembly of Avengers. I mean, do they seriously think that Sue Richards, She-Hulk, Captain America, She-Thor, Iron Man, Vision, and a bunch of puny SHIELD agents are going to be able to defeat Doc Green, one of the weaker incarnations who still able make the entire U.S. continent tremble from his blows and tank Rulk's best hits before getting angry and brutalizing him? Only She-Thor & She-Hulk would be capable of holding their own. Where was Blue Marvel, Hyperion, Spectrum, Thor Odinson, Starbrand, and all the other members of the various teams of Avengers? Show some respect for the Strongest One there is.

And I highly doubt that all the dangling plot-threads will be resolved. Most likely they'll be approached and dealt with in the next Hulk series following the end of Secret Wars (which isn't even here, yet I'm already tired of the whole event). I mean, think about it. We've got Gammon, The Leader, Kang the Conqueror, the other coding and purpose in the nanites of the cure, the fate of Lyra, Doc Green seemingly dying/fading away due to the Extremis Virus slowly extinguishing from his brain, Doc Green's plans and fate in store for She-Hulk, and the supposed coming of the Maestro. There's no way in hell that all of that can be dealt with in a single issue, at least not in a way that wouldn't be forced.

Anyway, yes I enjoyed this issue. I liked the fight and the art. It actually felt like an actual Hulk issue. If only the rest of the battles and scenarios could have been handled in this manner. If Doc Green were portrayed as powerful and dangerous as in this issue from the get-go, I'd might have been able to believe his boasts of being the most powerful being on the planet and the smartest one there is.

That's all I've really got to say.

Thoughts?

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1326  Edited By Schwarz

@greenscar1990: Not much to add really you hit everything right on. I don't think Hulk cared about those weakling who showed up at the end he did not wish to fight anyways. And in itself it is actually a good thing that they brought so many people at the end. shows that they actually need to be this much heroes to stand a chance agaisn't an angry hulk. People probably went crazy when the whole world shook up only with Hulk and Rulk punching at each others. The earth was shaking by only punching and he wasn't in WB mode. He was in his weak doc green form so in itself, it is a nice feat. Basically if the fight went on, the earth might have been destroyed.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: my expectations are really low so I don't know for planet H. The sales pitch with cap and devil d. seamed really bad so is it gonna be childish stupid or will we finally have some action with Hulk. We will have to see. I do hope we will have a Hulk that is less of a douche and more of a warrior like Green Scar.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990 said:

So... anyone expecting much out of tomorrow's Hulk #15?

I"m curious about this line in the preview: The battle between Doc Green & Red Hulk changes the Marvel Universe forever!

I wonder what they meant by that.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: honestly, the more the writers hyped us on hulks upcoming comic, the more it get worse because i no dip within my heart that this writers are lying. the only person i trust the most is planet hulk writer. what's is name ?

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1331 thedailybagel  Moderator

@greenscar1990: that's a possibility, and it's implied in the previews that the most dangerous person out there might be a member of their own group, which consists of Steve, doc green and devil dinosaur. It's not hard to guess which one marvel were referring to.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: that's a possibility, and it's implied in the previews that the most dangerous person out there might be a member of their own group, which consists of Steve, doc green and devil dinosaur. It's not hard to guess which one marvel were referring to.

Solicitations mate, their whole purpose is to hype up everything.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk #16

HULK-SIZED GRAND FINALE TO "THE OMEGA HULK" EPIC!!!

• The HULK confrontation you've been waiting for: DOC GREEN VS JEN WALTERS

• What is Doc Green's startling confession???

• And...the return of BETTY ROSS?!?

• PLUS: the reveal of LYRA THE SAVAGE SHE-HULK'S fate!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Doc Green should rename himself "punching bag"... Well luckily this is the last issue, because this sh!t has been going on my nerves.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1335 thedailybagel  Moderator
    thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1336  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

I think that doc greens characterisation power-wise has been a bit off in duggans run. There are times where he seems like a complete badass that's confident in his abilities (original sin (yes, that was waid), hulk #5, hulk #7 at the end of the skaar encounter, the recent red hulk fight etc) but there are other times where he gets thrown around by people he shouldn't. I mean, in the previews alone he acts like he's confident he can win a fight with the avengers, but then gets thrown through a wall by she hulk... Or at least that's what it looks like. Duggan needs to settle on one or the other, having both of them just doesn't work.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: are you scared that she hulk is gonna kick doc green ass? just because she hulk punched him that doesn't mean she is gonna win.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1338 thedailybagel  Moderator

@medulaoblaganda: no. I just think it's a bit stupid that one second he's counting down like he's 100% sure he'll win and the next he gets thrown through a wall by one of the teams weaker members by themselves. It happens allot with doc green. It's less 'banner becoming hulk' and more 'badass turning into punching bag'.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that doc greens characterisation power-wise has been a bit off in duggans run. There are times where he seems like a complete badass that's confident in his abilities (original sin (yes, that was waid), hulk #5, hulk #7 at the end of the skaar encounter, the recent red hulk fight etc) but there are other times where he gets thrown around by people he shouldn't. I mean, in the previews alone he acts like he's confident he can win a fight with the avengers, but then gets thrown through a wall by she hulk... Or at least that's what it looks like. Duggan needs to settle on one or the other, having both of them just doesn't work.

I am gonna play the devils advocate here and yes i know i am probably the one that whines the most about Doc Greens "inconsistent" power levels but i will try to be objective here and debate myself even.

All of these characters are fairly strong and have the ability to lift dozens of dozens tons above their heads, even the weakest ones. So a surprise punch or one that wasn't blocked can easily send someone like Hulk who at best weighs a ton flying in the air or through a brick wall, etc... There is also the fact that different writers portray fights differently. The whole DG and Rulk causing earthquakes around US by punching each other was cool but i know for a fact that Paks Hulk has punched a lot harder then that as well as gotten punched without causing even the slightest of quakes. On top of that add the fact that Duggan really enjoys having characters punch each other from one place to another i mean under him and during a short period of time Hulk has punched Nova 3670 miles, Rulk over 600 miles and that one slave driver in Nova annual into the orbit. So i guess that kinda explains why Hulk is getting punched around all the time. It does kind of let off the vibe of him being weak but it shouldn't if we understand the context behind it.

It's annoying yes, but Doc Green is someone that has a really hard time getting angry and still holds the best feats of punching someone the farthest. Jen punched him through a brick wall? That's cool he punched Nova from Jersey to Paris. Lyra punched him for a few meters, he punched Rulk from one state to another. If you scale the difference it's not even comparable so it's ok. Maybe we see him fight the Avengers for a while and hold his own, that would be nice even though the powerhouses i was hoping for(Blue Marvel and Spectrum) are missing. In a single week worth of prep and even working together with Banner he could have honestly taken them all down, but i guess that was too good to be true.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we even certain it was She-Hulk that punched Doc Green? I thought Maestro was making an appearance? Could be him?

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel isn't sure what should be and shouldn't be a no sell attack against the Hulk. Hulk registers damage and flies against just about everybody he faces. A punch from Sam would even do it.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we even certain it was She-Hulk that punched Doc Green? I thought Maestro was making an appearance? Could be him?

Yeah when i scanned through it quick I also thought it was Maestro.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1343  Edited By GreenScar1990

@thedailybagel said:

@medulaoblaganda: no. I just think it's a bit stupid that one second he's counting down like he's 100% sure he'll win and the next he gets thrown through a wall by one of the teams weaker members by themselves. It happens allot with doc green. It's less 'banner becoming hulk' and more 'badass turning into punching bag'.

I wouldn't exactly call She-Hulk weak by any stretch. Her base strength is at 75 tons at a calm rage, but she's been shown to amp in a similar manner to her cousin. And her truly enraged Omega form (a state where she's totally Hulked-Out), she's went one-on-one with a raging Savage Hulk. Let's not also forget she one-shot Doc Samson and knocked him an entire state away. And has even knocked out a mind-controlled Thor. She's even matched Herc in strength while arm wrestling (only to let him when as to not hurt his pride/feelings).

So, with a powerful enough blow and if she's really ticked, I can see She-Hulk send Hulk soaring through the air. But that doesn't mean Hulk will be harmed or even phased by it. If this were Gravage/Green Scar, Savage, or Merged/Professor Hulk, the most I would expect from them is either a chuckle of amusement/contempt... or possibly a teasing remark about it almost tickling, or nothing at all. But given how Duggan is writing Doc Green, he'll probably let out a "ouch" for the sake of some lame humor.

@atheistknowledge said:
    @thedailybagel said:

I am gonna play the devils advocate here and yes i know i am probably the one that whines the most about Doc Greens "inconsistent" power levels but i will try to be objective here and debate myself even.

All of these characters are fairly strong and have the ability to lift dozens of dozens tons above their heads, even the weakest ones. So a surprise punch or one that wasn't blocked can easily send someone like Hulk who at best weighs a ton flying in the air or through a brick wall, etc... There is also the fact that different writers portray fights differently. The whole DG and Rulk causing earthquakes around US by punching each other was cool but i know for a fact that Paks Hulk has punched a lot harder then that as well as gotten punched without causing even the slightest of quakes. On top of that add the fact that Duggan really enjoys having characters punch each other from one place to another i mean under him and during a short period of time Hulk has punched Nova 3670 miles, Rulk over 600 miles and that one slave driver in Nova annual into the orbit. So i guess that kinda explains why Hulk is getting punched around all the time. It does kind of let off the vibe of him being weak but it shouldn't if we understand the context behind it.

It's annoying yes, but Doc Green is someone that has a really hard time getting angry and still holds the best feats of punching someone the farthest. Jen punched him through a brick wall? That's cool he punched Nova from Jersey to Paris. Lyra punched him for a few meters, he punched Rulk from one state to another. If you scale the difference it's not even comparable so it's ok. Maybe we see him fight the Avengers for a while and hold his own, that would be nice even though the powerhouses i was hoping for(Blue Marvel and Spectrum) are missing. In a single week worth of prep and even working together with Banner he could have honestly taken them all down, but i guess that was too good to be true.

Exactly.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: you right actually. but i think she hulk is strong enough to punch hulk only if hulk is very calm.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar said:

Yeah when i scanned through it quick I also thought it was Maestro.

It's not Maestro it's Jen you can see her saying "WHAT?" when Hulk delivered her news about Lyra which pissed her off.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

I don't get the big deal, She Hulk can lift 80 to 100 tons. Why is her punching hulk a through a wall such a surprise? Doc green is probably not even hurt, he's just not that heavy so it's not particularly hard to punch him away, especially when you can lift far larger objects.

Plus, Doc Green didn't come to fight, and given his diplomatic personality,I'm sure he "understands" why Jen decided to falcon punch him.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I think the problem people have is it makes Doc Green look kinda weak, i have actually explained the whole thing above as to why it really doesn't. But either way it's at the very least annoying since every character Hulk has come across has done it. Also Duggan likes to make others look cool or at least get an upperhand at Hulks expense. I still can't forget that old man Rogers scene...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I think the problem people have is it makes Doc Green look kinda weak, i have actually explained the whole thing above as to why it really doesn't. But either way it's at the very least annoying since every character Hulk has come across has done it. Also Duggan likes to make others look cool or at least get an upperhand at Hulks expense. I still can't forget that old man Rogers scene...

Don't remind me...

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Seriously what the f@ck was that? Hulk has taken on Zzzax who is basically living electricity, taken on Thors magical lightning multiple times has taken electricity/lightning from various other times even 50 thousand volts to his head MID TRANSFORMATION and he was fine, but an old man with a featless walking cane puts him on his ass... come on... I wouldn't expect this from a Captain America book let alone in Hulks own book to happen. Anyway i am just venting my frustration now...

I would say that Duggan has definitely blown any chance of making Doc Green a badass, which is unfortunate because if anyone could have been it was him. A guy with genius level intellect above even Banners, a twisted sense of humor and more physical strength than anyone on the planet... Man i am no writer but even i see so much potential with this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Seriously what the f@ck was that? Hulk has taken on Zzzax who is basically living electricity, taken on Thors magical lightning multiple times has taken electricity/lightning from various other times even 50 thousand volts to his head MID TRANSFORMATION and he was fine, but an old man with a featless walking cane puts him on his ass... come on... I wouldn't expect this from a Captain America book let alone in Hulks own book to happen. Anyway i am just venting my frustration now...

I would say that Duggan has definitely blown any chance of making Doc Green a badass, which is unfortunate because if anyone could have been it was him. A guy with genius level intellect above even Banners, a twisted sense of humor and more physical strength than anyone on the planet... Man i am no writer but even i see so much potential with this.

Lets just hope that the final issue manages to rise above that kind of crap. I loved the Hulk Vs Ross right, so it'd be nice if we get more badass moments like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.