Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk 2014-

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#601 thedailybagel  Moderator
    bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel:

Wasn't Bruce in the top 5 already. Doc Green has Extremis and he's way smarter than Bruce. He is probably number 1 with being smart and using strategies since none of the other smart people could take out the Hulks. LOL

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#603 thedailybagel  Moderator
    bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel:

I see but it seems like Doc Green is way smarter than Bruce. I guess i need to see more feats. It seems like he made that time machine with ease and very quick when he needed the adamantium.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@thedailybagel: Wrong. Dr. Banner is in the top 5 smartest men on Earth. It can be said that he's at top 3, with only Doom & Richards coming before him. And even then, it's highly debatable considering there's a lot that Banner can do that even people like Doom, Richards, Stark, Pym and T'Challa cannot. And that was way before the extremis was introduced.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonifidehustla: Bruce was top 7.

He was in the Top 7 but it was never outright stated where anyone stood in those rankings. He could have been Number 1 or Number 7.

These days it seems like its Reed out in front & then Stark, Banner, Pym, maybe a couple of others in a very close & pretty interchangable group (leaving villains out of it). I think theres a very good chance Doc Green is now Number 1, theres been a bit of "Smartest One There Is" talk but you can never really count Reed out of it.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#607  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@greenscar1990: he was in the top 7 but where he was in that list is debatable.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#608  Edited By Teerack

@fifthchild said:

@thedailybagel said:

@bonifidehustla: Bruce was top 7.

He was in the Top 7 but it was never outright stated where anyone stood in those rankings. He could have been Number 1 or Number 7.

These days it seems like its Reed out in front & then Stark, Banner, Pym, maybe a couple of others in a very close & pretty interchangable group (leaving villains out of it). I think theres a very good chance Doc Green is now Number 1, theres been a bit of "Smartest One There Is" talk but you can never really count Reed out of it.

Arno Stark has the potential to be the new smartest guy.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@greenscar1990: Wrong again, Hank Pym is the third smartest man in the Marvel Universe after Doom and Reed, not Banner. At best Banner might be fourth but he's not in the top 3. He wasn't the one appointed Scientist Supreme of the Marvel Universe after all.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess it depends on more feats of Doc Green to see how smart he really is. If the other people are the smartest they should figure out what his true plan is.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Lets just say, he is a really smart guy!

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#612  Edited By GreenScar1990

@lvenger: Scientist Supreme of the MU my ass. It was nothing more than Loki disguising himself as Eternity when he confronted Hank Pym. So who's wrong now?

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MARVEL.COM- TITANS COLLIDE IN HULK VS. THANOS

Jim Starlin prepares to pit two of Marvel’s mightiest against one another and an array of guests later this year!

Jim Starlin’s got his hands and plate full with his new four-issue limited series, THANOS VS. HULK, out later this year.

The story, if you’ve already guessed, pits our favorite green giant against the cosmos’ greatest villain in a winner-takes-all contest—who wins? Who loses? Who survives? We sidled up to Starlin for a few clues.

Marvel.com: Jim, does THANOS VS. HULK lead off from any previous tales of yours? Can an interested reader come in cold?

Jim Starlin: A reader only has to know who the Hulk and Thanos are—which is just about anyone who knows the name Marvel these days. The story is self contained, even though it is part of the tale begun in THANOS ANNUAL and the INFINITY REVELATION original graphic novel. Strangely enough, though, this story takes place before INFINITY REVELATION, as did THANOS ANNUAL.

Marvel.com: Inquiring minds want to know: which version of the Hulk are you using in the series?

Jim Starlin: I based this story’s Hulk on the version Mark Waid was writing in INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK. That's what editorial sent me to read, in order to catch up on what Mean & Green has been up to. The only thing I changed was giving him longer hair than that series had.

Marvel.com: We heard that things kick off with Pip the Troll abducting Hulk—why would he do that?

Jim Starlin: Annihilus has something Pip terribly wants and so he kidnaps Bruce Banner to trade for that something. Buyer’s regret sets in and the story continues onward.

Marvel.com: Wait—Annihilus? How big of a part does he play in the story? Why is he a great villain to use?

Jim Starlin: Annihilus is throughout the series. He wants the Hulk/Banner for his own nefarious reasons. Telling you any more than that would prove a spoiler. I'm using him in the story because he’s already a great villain that could be even scarier than he already is.

Marvel.com: What are some of the places we'll travel to in THANOS VS. HULK?

Jim Starlin: Starts on Earth, goes to Starlin’s Bar, then onto the Negative Zone and ends back on Earth. There’s also a little spell where we hang in what may or not be Bruce Banner’s psyche. So the scope is rather large and diverse.

Marvel.com: How will you bring Thanos into it? What kind of past history does he have with the Hulk?

Jim Starlin: It's not his history with the Hulk that brings Thanos into the tale. Long-time readers will recall that the Titan and a certain troll have a past affiliation. The fact of the matter is that Pip plays as big a role in this tale as any of the other characters, including the Hulk. So some unusual twists and turns should be expected.

Marvel.com: What other characters will guest-star?

Jim Starlin: Iron Man makes an appearance along with certain members of S.H.I.E.L.D. You’ll also find many of the usual suspects hanging around Starlin’s Bar. Yes, it’s pure ego that drives me to add that location to the story.

Marvel.com: Hey, who could blame you? So, for a project like this, what's the biggest advantage for you to both write and draw? What if any are the challenges?

Jim Starlin: The advantages of this arrangement keep fights between the writer and artist down to a minimum. The challenges? When a fight does break out between the writer and artist it gets very bloody very fast. Still healing from the final issue.

Look for HULK VS. THANOS by Jim Starlin later this year!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

HULK #6

THE OMEGA HULK!!!

• The surprising new direction continues after ORIGINAL SIN

• Can RICK JONES survive “DOC GREEN’S” Gamma cure?

• A secret behind the “antidote” revealed!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

HULK ANNUAL #1

• Someone close to HULK dies

• What impact will this have on one of the most dangerous super beings on the planet?

• And how does a ghost from the past threaten to haunt the world of the Hulk forever?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#614  Edited By IAmTheLaw

These last couple posts have been ace. Thanks for all the updates, gents.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#615  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@greenscar1990: Starlin in addition to writing the statement of Hulk's strength, also wrote Thanos on two occasions pimp-slapping Hulk with the utmost of ease. He also wrote Thanos to stomp the Annihilators; Hulk is not a Skyfather like being as Thanos is, nor is he a high Herald level.

The number of ways to which Thanos could dispatch of Hulk are in their numbers; not even Skyfather beings like Odin can knock Thanos out, or Champion/Thor with Power Gem.

Hulk beating or giving Thanos a decent fight is purely fan-fiction.

*Thanos did not compare Hulk to Power Gem Champion either; that's abundantly taken out of context.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@greenscar1990: Starlin in addition to writing the statement of Hulk's strength, also wrote Thanos on two occasions pimp-slapping Hulk with the utmost of ease. He also wrote Thanos to stomp the Annihilators; Hulk is not a Skyfather like being as Thanos is, nor is he a high Herald level.

Yet Hulk was largely unaffected by the "pimp slap". None of us really know what will happen yet, but it would be pretty lame to build up a confrontation if Hulk simply gets pimp slapped away right when he confronts Thanos.

The number of ways to which Thanos could dispatch of Hulk are in their numbers; not even Skyfather beings like Odin can knock Thanos out, or Champion/Thor with Power Gem.

Hulk has Infinite amount of strength potential. The comparison to the power gem is just.

Hulk beating or giving Thanos a decent fight is purely fan-fiction.

Yes, as of now it's purely fan-fiction. What isn't fan-fiction is Thanos saying he actively looks to avoid a physical confrontation with Hulk.

*Thanos did not compare Hulk to Power Gem Champion either; that's abundantly taken out of context.

As of right now, it certainly seems like Hulk will get a crack at the all powerful Thanos. Will he win? No, probably not. Will he get slapped away immediately? No, probably not. The truth usually lies somewhere in between.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Fellow Hulk fans is it safe to assume Doc Green is the smartest being on earth now?

IMAO Yes.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonifidehustla said:

Fellow Hulk fans is it safe to assume Doc Green is the smartest being on earth now?

IMAO Yes.

I must say you got very good taste in your avatar and I'm glad you agree with me. LOL

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@realitywarper said:

@bonifidehustla said:

IMAO Yes.

I must say you got very good taste in your avatar and I'm glad you agree with me. LOL

Thanks same :)

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#620  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@frozen: giving him a decent fight isn't that far fetched. I think it'll probably be a largely physical confrontation with it being even or hulk having a slight upper hand untill thanos brings out his other powers and wrecks him.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THANOS VS HULK #1 (of 4)

No Caption Provided

JIM STARLIN (W/A/C)

VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM

• An all-new four-part story by fan-favorite Jim Starlin begins here!

• The Hulk is kidnapped by Pip the Troll and traded to Annihilus!

• Then Thanos of Titan gets thrown into the mix…

HULK #9

No Caption Provided

GERRY DUGGAN (W) • MARK BAGLEY (A/C)

AN X-MAN COMETH FOR THE “OMEGA HULK”

• DOC GREEN says “Hello, KITTY!” The PRYDE of the X-MEN guest stars.

• Plus – BRUCE BANNER returns! ...But in what shape?

• And – a recently de-powered HULK is placed in mortal danger.

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thoughts on 006? Just picked up and read, enjoying so far, looking forward to 007 with Rulk vs Doc Green :)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#623  Edited By Lvenger

@gav said:

Thoughts on 006? Just picked up and read, enjoying so far, looking forward to 007 with Rulk vs Doc Green :)

Isn't Hulk 7 supposed to involve Skaar? What's Rulk doing here already? I thought Duggan was saving him till last due to the animosity/rivalry between the two.

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@gav said:

Isn't Hulk 7 supposed to involve Skaar? What's Rulk doing here already? I thought Duggan was saving him till last due to the animosity/rivalry between the two.

End of 006 had Rulk aware A-Bomb has been "cured" and off to fight. Maybe he'll take an issue to catch him...who knows.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gav said:

@lvenger said:

@gav said:

End of 006 had Rulk aware A-Bomb has been "cured" and off to fight. Maybe he'll take an issue to catch him...who knows.

Ah I see. Actually, I just checked the Marvel site for Hulk 7 solicits and it's not there. There isn't any info for Hulk 7 which is peculiar.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either way i hope Red Hulk is cured and the rest of them except Skaar. I never really liked clones i wouldnt call She-Hulk one since she fights way different and more agile than Hulk.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#627  Edited By Teerack

The Omega story is really good but it's not worth losing A-Bomb and possibly Rulk... please some one make it stop ;_;

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

The Omega story is really good but it's not worth losing A-Bomb and possibly Rulk... please some one make it stop ;_;

I hope it continues there was never no need for them 2 especially.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#629  Edited By Teerack

@teerack said:

I hope it continues there was never no need for them 2 especially.

If you look at it that way you might as well cross out 80% of the Avengers and X-Men since so many people have the same kind of powers and make other people's powers redundant. They are both completely different people and characters and that's all that really matter.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My review of Hulk #6: Omega Hulk, Part 2

http://www.comicvine.com/hulk-6-the-o-hulk-chapter-two/4000-465844/user-reviews/2200-44254

Be sure to comment!

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#631 thedailybagel  Moderator

@greenscar1990: what was the hulk annual like? Did doc green show how powerful he is?

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#632  Edited By GreenScar1990

@thedailybagel: It was very good. Doc Green proves to be very cunning, intelligent, and very powerful. He quite literally rips up a mountain and throws it an his city-spanning enemy! I'll say no more than this. It's best that you pick it up and read it for yourself.

Savage Hulk #4 was also equally very good. All I can say about that issue is that people should be thankful that Hulk/Banner only focus their power through strength/brute force alone. If they would focus their power into other abilities, those abilities would be as infinite/limitless as the Hulk's strength. :)

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#633 thedailybagel  Moderator
    bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#634  Edited By bonifidehustla

@teerack said:

If you look at it that way you might as well cross out 80% of the Avengers and X-Men since so many people have the same kind of powers and make other people's powers redundant. They are both completely different people and characters and that's all that really matter.

Naw not 80% have the same powers of both the Avengers and X-men. Actually Marvel is pretty good with different powers compared to DC. There should only be 3 hulks Hulk, She-Hulk, and Skaar IMO. Then again I'm not really a fan of Avengers or X-men anymore. I care mostly about solo comics now.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#635  Edited By Teerack
    @bonifidehustla said:

@teerack said:

Naw not 80% have the same powers of both the Avengers and X-men. Actually Marvel is pretty good with different powers compared to DC. There should only be 3 hulks Hulk, She-Hulk, and Skaar IMO. Then again I'm not really a fan of Avengers or X-men anymore. I care mostly about solo comics now.

No it really is like 80%. Every one just has increased speed, agility, durability, and super strength. Then when you have the more unique powers they have multiples like 5 different claw/feral mutants like wolverine, 5 spider-people, a ton of telepaths, a ton of energy absorbers/projectors, etc.

All I'm saying is if you try to cut out characters because someone else has other powers like them, then you're killing a lot of your creative freedom. It's not like powers are what make characters different.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers 34 spoilers.

The fact Doc Green is still in control of Banner's body after an 8 month time skip sorta scares me.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk vs Skaar. Head for cover.

Hulk, or perhaps we should say Doc Green, has been seeking out his former gamma-irradiated colleagues in order to try to cure them. It hasn't been going as smoothly as he'd like. Next up...Skaar!

No Caption Provided

HULK #7

(W) Gerry Duggan (A) Mark Bagley (CA) Gary Frank

DOC GREEN GETS HIS SITES ON MORE GAMMA TARGETS

• DOC GREEN versus SKAAR versus...hmm. We don't want to spoil it

• But were you worried Doc Green forgot about the GAMMA CORPS?

• Plus, an appearance by a very unexpected green-skinned member of the of the HULK family.

Rated T

Item Code: AUG140826 In Shops: 10/15/2014 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Avengers 34 spoilers.

The fact Doc Green is still in control of Banner's body after an 8 month time skip sorta scares me.

Thats good news to me. I figured they would let Banner take back over.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonifidehustla: I want to see Banner and Hulk(The one from PH/WWH) talk inside of his head and agree to get their body back they will work together and then share the body 50/50 once it's over. I always thought after Hulk got smarter and had some real life experience on Sakaar that Banner and Hulk should have worked more like Firestorm from DC comics..

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#641  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I'm not really a fan of getting rid of the other Hulks. I haven't seen or heard if it will be a permanent thing, but I've to like characters like Rick as A-Bomb and even Ross as the Red Hulk. Sure these guys had the same basis of their abilities (being strong, big, healing factor can transform etc), but they were very separated as far as characters go in personalities and some had unique abilities. I hope at some point in this arc that Rick does become A-Bomb again or if Ross and Skaar if they get cured becomes the Red Hulk and well...hulked up Skaar again. And I surprisingly like Doc Green. I'm liking Duggan's take so far, but I'm more against this whole concept going on.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#642  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@god_spawn: I think the femi-hulks are safe with all the female orientated stuff marvel have been doing lately. Ross has a big role in the thunderbolts so he should be good, I'm not sure on rick or skaar though. I'm thinking at least one of them will be on there way out.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#643 god_spawn  Moderator

@thedailybagel: I think at least She-Hulk is safe because she still has her on-going, unless it got cancelled and I didn't know about it. I'm not sure what Red She-Hulk has been up to lately, she is really the only Hulk I don't care too much about. I like Banner, Skaar, A-Bomb, and Red Hulk. I can see Rick being the most expendable. I think it would be interesting to see what happens to Skaar since he wasn't bombarded with gamma rays, but he was born with his power. Is he just gonna be little Skaar then with his Old Strong power for a period? So I'm just kind of hoping his run gets to a point where they do come back if all of them do get drained.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#644  Edited By jashro44

Whens hulk fighting thanos? Like what day does that comic come out?

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#645 thedailybagel  Moderator
    bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I think it's around December.

I wish it was sooner.

I really do like Doc Green he really is a Lex Luthor with Hulk powers.

RaynorS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is a short sum up of what i think of the 3 comics that came out.

Hulk annual - pretty fun yet tragic story and a nice add to the Hulks rogue gallery. Also this shows how Hulk with prep is far more deadly in a fight than ever perceived before.

Savage Hulk #4 - a good story all around, i just didn't like how Davis perceives Hulk as nothing but a monster and every time he stops or spares someone it's Banner thats stopping it. But that's just his own personal view on the matter and like i said the story was good enough.

Hulk #6 - It was pretty great, another solid chapter from Duggan. And personally i hope every Hulk except She-Hulk get's depowered. Like i said before they just take away from what makes the original Hulk unique while literally not adding anything new. It's all just the same powers, the only difference is their personalities. Which is not enough to justify it. Bring back the good old days when there was 1 green goliath everyone knew and feared.

As for the upcoming Hulk vs Thanos mini series. I hope it turns out good and even though Thanos is more powerful then the Hulk i still hope the 2 would have an altercation, maybe just a pure brawl match. Because i would hate for the title to outright lie just to sell more issues.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@thedailybagel: It was very good. Doc Green proves to be very cunning, intelligent, and very powerful. He quite literally rips up a mountain and throws it an his city-spanning enemy! I'll say no more than this. It's best that you pick it up and read it for yourself.

Savage Hulk #4 was also equally very good. All I can say about that issue is that people should be thankful that Hulk/Banner only focus their power through strength/brute force alone. If they would focus their power into other abilities, those abilities would be as infinite/limitless as the Hulk's strength. :)

I really liked the annual. It felt like I was reading one of the old Hulk stories I read when I was a kid.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: me too. hulk is indeed deadly with prep time. defeating an omnipotent being is not easily. it will take raw strength with super intelligence to defeat that kind of being. lol

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#650 thedailybagel  Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.