Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk 2014-

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@theacidskull: What he is doing is morally wrong, since he can't and shouldn't take up in his hands to cure others of their gamma alter egos if they don't want it and especially if they have no problems with controlling it unlike the Hulk. But to be honest a big part of me would want to see him cure everyone of it, so once again he would be the only Hulk out there.

However i am not sure if this is Hulks own personality or if it's just Banner in charge of Hulk.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: To be completely honest i am not too excited to see Hulk fight other Hulks... It would be fun to see him kick Rulks ass(since i hate Rulk) but other than that there really is no point for me... I already know Hulk is stronger then all of them and some of them much more then others... So i am hoping Gerry will mix things up somehow and have other non-Hulk opponents join the fray.

Jen should probably stay since she has such a long history and was created by Stan Lee himself so we can't undo that. But all other Hulks should go IMO. Red Hulk is a shitty character that just takes away some of the spots Hulk could have filled and Skaar is no longer relevant as a Hulk to anything, just gave him be a little kid with Oldstrong powers.

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
    TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh quick question, what's with Marvel and completely destroying great characters??? I swear Hulk has been written worse than Wolverine... on second thought, no one's been written worse than my boy Logan

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the idea for the new smart Hulk with the Extremis tech but is he any smarter than World War Hulk (Hulk + Banner working together) or The Professor? Also if he is ridding the world of Gamma radiation and the beings that use it (something he has tried to do before and always fails) what abouut his son who was born with it? Would it kill him?

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Strongest in pretty much everything, it's not like any of the Hulks have more durability, healing factor, speed, power... Skaar is pretty damn powerful but still i don't see him beating an angry Hulk.

What has Skaar been relevant recently? His character was never anything special, just the old revenge trope which determined his entire character until he gave up on it. So now he has no character really. And Rulk is crap, in any writers hand he is just pure crap and was just made to steal the show from the original Hulk. I hope he disappears forever.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: The character itself is flawed, Parker could turn him into Jesus Christ but it wouldn't change the fact that such a character should have not existed in the first place. No matter what they do with him later. His relationship with the Hulk which wasn't really explored as you say. Well it's not my fault that he is irrelevant either. He just is.

I am not sure how much exploring Duggan will do with Skaar, either way i can't say i care much. I am really tired with things repeating so much. Yes i know it's comics that spend for more than half a century so things are bound to repeat, but this whole Hulk family thing has been down recently with Pak. Hulk fighting the same foes is getting really repetitive i wish some old enemies we haven't seen in decades would come back or that NEW villains would be created. Ones that don't actually suck like Waids Chronarchists did.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Well i am still optimistic. Duggan did say that the story he is writing for Hulk is the best thing he has written EVER. So i have high expectations.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Oh dear god no... But really after few years of mostly bad comics and showings from the Hulk i think we really deserve one decent story... Please Marvel... just do something good with the Hulk for a change.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Nope and they are f@cking up even more characters now, not just the Hulk... It doesn't look like the best of times for Marvel... Apart from the fact that they are sure to make billions from their movies lol. As for comics though... not good...

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Yea, the Extremis Hulk might have been the only good thing that came out of Waid... Also i am hoping for a new artist, Bagley is notorious for having really bad art once he loses his interest and i can already see it happening with the previews @greenscar1990 gave us... Hulk is ok but the assistants look really weird like puppets with really dead looking eyes. Man there where so many good artists to chose from...

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@theacidskull: Gary Frank is his name. He drew a good portion of PAD run and alot of Geoff Johns Superman and Shazam.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@raynorj@theacidskull

I have to disagree completely in regards to Skaar, @raynorj. He is relevant and essential. He's all that is left of Hulk/Banner's memory and love of Caiera the Oldstrong. He's their child, the last true connection that Hulk/Banner have to her. If something were to happen to Skaar, I'd be one of the first Hulk fans raging.

If any of the Hulks would or should get depowered, it should be A-Bomb, Red Hulk, and Red She-Hulk.

Rick Jones will simply go with the flow and adapt. Meaning if he isn't able to become A-Bomb, I doubt it'll affect him as greatly as some of the others. I mean, he's been trained by Captain America and has been a host of power time & time again. He'll bounce back, no problem at all.

But the other Hulks? I doubt that they would take it so well. However, this does provide us with an interesting discussion topic. Will some or all of the Hulks get depowered? This may or may not be the case. We'll have to wait and see.

Nonetheless, I'm very interested in what may unfold if any of our gamma titans would get depowered? How would it affect them? Would they see losing their power as a blessing or a curse? What changes would it bring to their lives? How would this affect those closest to them? How would this affect the Marvel Universe in general?

Then again, who is to say Hulk is going to force them to change? What if he offers them, the individuals who are closest to him, a choice in whether they wish to keep their Hulk forms or not? Who is to say this cure will be permanent, or even work on some of this individuals, especially consider that Skaar & Lyra were, unlike the others, born that way?

Like I said, there's a lot of speculation to be had here.

But I do agree that Gary Frank, one of my all-time favorite Hulk artists, should be doing the interiors instead of Mark Bagley (no offense to him, 'cause his art can be very good depending if he's rushing or not). Anyways, I'm still looking forward to this more than anything that's been thrown at us for the past 3 years since Greg Pak's departure. I just hope Gerry Duggan won't ignore Banner/Hulk's past, rich 50+ year history, cast of characters, or the various Hulk personas/incarnations.

Speaking of Greg Pak, I hope Marvel allows Pak to write an arch for Savage Hulk series and has a Hulk/Storm team-up issue or arch in the near future. That'd be freaking sweet! Who agrees? :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Yes I would love to see Frank do the interiors. although I love Bagley nothing can compare to the work he did on Ultimate Spidey. McGuinness would also be awesome my fav Hulk artist. Ohhh Dale Keown would freaking sweet but sadly he doesn't do very much art anymore.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: Funny cause I was thinking that with Savage Hulk starting and Pak working on Storm I hope he comes and does a little arc or one shot story for old times sake. Even Peter David would be awesome and knowing Mark Paniccia (editor of the Hulk books) I have a feeling this will happen.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Really wonder What Marvel is up to at times...Aaron's Thor comic has been one of the best Marvel books of recent times and they choose to reboot him as a her..Hulk has been utter cr** for several years, barring the odd decent early story of IH...

Anyway I had completely forgotten about the regular Hulk title....assume Duggan takes over very soon...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Well I have faith in Aaron I really hope he doesn't screw up his great track record with this change. It would make me a very sad panda. Disagree on the Hulk matter but I digress.

I believe he's taking over next month.

TheInfamousGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: actually if I'm correct that woman in Thor's place right now is not THE Thor, from what I got from the comments of that article is that she is a woman that Thor saved, became worthy and took his place. Whereas for Thor all I got is that he became unworthy of mjolnir, lost his left arm and is going on an adventure.

Side note: how many times have Marvel's comics hit rockbottom and made a comeback, I'm curious.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theinfamousgod: I know it isn't the Thor.

Multiple times actually. In the late 90's marvel was near bankrupt and now they are one of the boggest companies in the world. They got Peter David, Paul Jenkins, Greg Pak to save the Hulk book at it's 3 lowest points etc.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642:

Aaron is another one who is a bit hit and miss IMO. His Hulk books were risible according to nearly everyone on here (I have only flicked through a few of them and was very under-whelmed), his Thor has been great and I loved his Wolverine run...

If Gary Frank is drawing Hulk I am very happy. I loved his work on Shazam and Batman Earth One.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well i read Original Sin 3.3. Waid is hyping it up but I wont fall for it. He already changed his origins so.... I did like how Hulk tricked Tony and made him run away like the coward he is.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read Original Sin 3.3. Smart Hulk was f*cking awesome, but not we basically confirmed that tony messed with the Bomb, which sucks ass.

But what was that last thing tony did? What could be worse than........@raynorj called it, tony banged betty.

I guess i read it to quick i didnt see the Tony banged betty part. I hope he finds out ASAP i can't imagine how mad he will be.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonifidehustla said:
    @theacidskull said:

Read Original Sin 3.3. Smart Hulk was f*cking awesome, but not we basically confirmed that tony messed with the Bomb, which sucks ass.

But what was that last thing tony did? What could be worse than........@raynorj called it, tony banged betty.

I guess i read it to quick i didnt see the Tony banged betty part. I hope he finds out ASAP i can't imagine how mad he will be.

haha, can you imagine how laughable that would be? If it actually happened?

It would be funny and it might go beyond WWH lol. I did love how he made Tony run like a coward I never liked Iron Man. If Hulkbuster beats Hulk in Avengers 2 i will stop watching the movie and walk out the theater. lol.

Is this Persona called Doc Green now?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642:

Aaron is another one who is a bit hit and miss IMO. His Hulk books were risible according to nearly everyone on here (I have only flicked through a few of them and was very under-whelmed), his Thor has been great and I loved his Wolverine run...

If Gary Frank is drawing Hulk I am very happy. I loved his work on Shazam and Batman Earth One.

Not at all. Aaron's Hulk is the only thing he ever wrote that was bad. Just because a writer does one bad run does not make him bad. Ex: Geoff Johns is a spectacular writer but his Batman sucks but everything else he's written is great.

Agreed.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, I think it's just smart Hulk for now.

Oh ok either way I was surprised by the chapter. It really was great to see Tony run away thought he wouldnt be caught. I do find it funny how Tony suit and equipment look like Magneto type powers.

RaynorB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Waid has one chance to save this event. Though i honestly can't see how he can trump a death of a wife, child and a city. It's still a lot better than having Hulk be angrier than he was in Planet Hulk, just because Tony messed with the bomb.

Let's see what he and Gilen bring to the table. Though this issue did confirm to me that Hulk will lose...

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490  Edited By IAmTheLaw

@raynorb said:

@theacidskull: Waid has one chance to save this event. Though i honestly can't see how he can trump a death of a wife, child and a city. It's still a lot better than having Hulk be angrier than he was in Planet Hulk, just because Tony messed with the bomb.

Let's see what he and Gilen bring to the table. Though this issue did confirm to me that Hulk will lose...

How did you get that confirmation? Hulk was awesome in that issue, besting Tony in a city designed by Tony. Waid finally brought his A Game.

RaynorB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492  Edited By RaynorB

@teh_pwnerer:

The fight is still not over. You might take back those A-game words once the final issue rolls out.

@theacidskull:

The issue also shows us how remorseful and apologetic Tony is, going as far as to even show him crying at the end for what he did. This whole event is obviously just meant to redeem Tony while showing things from his POV and showing how sorry he is and how he wants to fix it all and honestly help. While Hulk is presented as a monster that just goes through anyone and anything not even caring for collateral damage unlike Tony, just to get to him. And we all know how vengeful characters like that turn out.

Tell me what do you think will happen? Hulk get's a hold of Tony and kills him or paralyzes him(because i can't imagine what else he would do) or Tony finds a way to stop Hulk and make everything better as the 2 of them reach a final conclusion how the both of them where wrong in their own way. It's so obvious at this point.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493  Edited By IAmTheLaw

In a perfect world Hulk will stomp tony, leaving him alive to meander through his pathetic existence.

In reality, there will be no winner. I hope Hulk wrecks Iron Man in both the next issue and in Age of Ultron. He should, he's the Strongest One There Is. He's clearly cunning too. C'Mon Waid, don't disappoint... again.

RaynorB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Well that's one person, not to mention he is very much reckless. Why would he surrender to Hulk? It wouldn't make sense, especially knowing that Hulk just wants to smash him to bits. The issue can go in any direction it wants but i predict one direction and that's Hulk ultimately losing.

That's obviously there just to amp up the whole thing, make the readers believe that Tony is doomed and Hulk is unstoppable so that they would pull a surprise on us and Tony uses one of his gadgets or clever thinking to put Hulk down.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorb said:

@theacidskull: Well that's one person, not to mention he is very much reckless. Why would he surrender to Hulk? It wouldn't make sense, especially knowing that Hulk just wants to smash him to bits. The issue can go in any direction it wants but i predict one direction and that's Hulk ultimately losing.

That's obviously there just to amp up the whole thing, make the readers believe that Tony is doomed and Hulk is unstoppable so that they would pull a surprise on us and Tony uses one of his gadgets or clever thinking to put Hulk down.

I agree with everything you said. He just wants to fool us again he already ruined Hulk origin. Trying to figure out why Iron Man has to create everything now especially in the movies.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with everything you said. He just wants to fool us again he already ruined Hulk origin. Trying to figure out why Iron Man has to create everything now especially in the movies.

He's creating Ultron because Ant Man hasn't been established yet, and Joss wanted Ultron to be the main villain in an Avengers film. It's really that simple.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonifidehustla said:

He's creating Ultron because Ant Man hasn't been established yet, and Joss wanted Ultron to be the main villain in an Avengers film. It's really that simple.

I know why he's creating him plus he's creating Vision. Iron Man is their top selling movie franchise so of course they going to make sure he makes him. I just said why Iron Man has to create everything now. So yeah i know it's simple just dont like it.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iron man might win this battle. just saying lol.

RaynorD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.