Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk #13, Is The Green Hulk Really Gone?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

If you read Incredible Hulk #600 then you saw how the Red Hulk got rid of the Green Hulk.  Could he really be gone for good?  Is Banner finally cured?  What's going to happen in World War Hulks?

What's your opinion on Hulk?  What is it about the Red Hulk you like or don't like?  Can Banner ever be cured of the Hulk?  With so many other Hulks running around, do you feel Banner should get a vacation from being the Hulk?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Osborn sends Ares, he might as well have sent Bullseye.

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Nahero

well i don't think hulk is dead either the hulk is alive in banner basicall

but i am happy for banner in his perspective cuz he finally has a chance go back to the way things were before being struck by gamma rays he's lived a life on the run for years i would personally like that if i were banner

and if banner is tryin to go back to his old life with no action whatso ever maybe A-bomb can take over thats a brightside to it

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DH69

im glad the green ones dead. Now we can focus on the red hulk =D everyone loves RULk =p cant wait for the blue one. 

also $10 says the red she-hulk is just gonna turn out to be jennifer walters

and on a seperate note: G-man love the sound effects, and narrating keep it up.
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Decept-O

Not having read any Hulk comics for a long time I have however been keeping tabs regarding what's been happening with the character best I can.  I know a lot of readers have been panning Red Hulk and I think you bring up a good point--its because its a mystery and some readers are impatient.  Its also possible the origin or Red Hulk may be a boat load of suckage.   

I like that Hulk has another major contender its what he needs.  I'm not grasping who or what the concept behind the Red She-Hulk is however.  I don't like Skaar being Hulk's supposed son but that's just me.  However I am curious about World War Hulks and if it involves a lot of "HULK SMASH!!" well who can lose???  This is what I like a lot of action and major over the top fights and damage between super powered characters.   Its what Marvel and Hulk used to be about!!  I hope it lives up to my expectations.

You weren't wrong about Red Robin so I will delve into Hulk despite a lot of other readers' complaints.
    csimon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By csimon
    @reaper2923 said:
    " Osborn sends Ares, he might as well have sent Bullseye. "
    Well No cause he is sending Ares  just in case Hulk is still around.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I haven't been reading Hulk every month, but I every now and then ead some of the issues and I don't know why everyone hates Jeph Loebs writing. I like Red Hulk, I think it's just because he's like Hulks dark copy and I like dark copies of the heroes, I liked how Spider-Man has Venom, Wolverine has Sabertooth, Iron Man has Titanium Man, Crimson Dynimo, and tons of other dark copies. But I like that we get a bad hulk, you know the Avengers fighting hulk all the time gets old, but giving them a character that is as powerfull as Hulk is cool to see them fight.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Love the sad Hulk music in the background. And I find out another one of G-Man's superpowers - jointless fingertips.

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nahero

in the comic i like how a-bomb was wearing a suit

juniorlhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By juniorlhulk

man hulk the green hulk was the reason why i love comics but if is gone damn it

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @DH69 said:
    " im glad the green ones dead. Now we can focus on the red hulk =D everyone loves RULk =p cant wait for the blue one.  also $10 says the red she-hulk is just gonna turn out to be jennifer walters and on a seperate note: G-man love the sound effects, and narrating keep it up. "
    Blue Hulk already has a page here (for the Mini Hulk comics at the end).

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
    The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice review, wasnt able to get this one unfortunately 
    I enjoyed 600, and i also happen to like Rulk and it will be nice to find out who he is...

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By cascadeking09

why doesnt the cover look more like this,

No Caption Provided
    is it considered copyright or somethin if they make the cover look like spiderman no more.                      
    Chak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Chak
    @War Killer: The reason why a lot of people hate Loeb's writing is because..well lets break it down.
    -He disregards established continuity. Here's a good example: in the Ultimate universe Pyro was a good kid with emotional and physical scars. Loeb threw this out of the window and had him show up in his run of Ultimates as a carbon copy of 616 Pyro who wanted to rape Valkyrie. The only explanation for this, if you can even call it that, is given when Pyro gets his hands cut off and screams about how he "used to be an X-man". 

-Loeb doesn't really plot out a story arc from beginning to end. He just makes things up as he goes along. It's as if he had a checklist of "cool things that should happen", and makes them happen whenever he can, regardless of how much they don't make sense. Examples of this include Ultimate Magneto stealing Thor's hammer (just for the sake of looking cool) and Rulk beating 616 Thor with  Mjolnir (to show how XXXTREME Rulk is).

-Loeb cannot write a story without recycling the following :
     1) The mysterious masked character. Fun fact - in Onslaught Reborn, Loeb introduces a mysterious masked man. Halfway through the story Captain America pulls the masked man aside and tells him that he knows who he really is. In the end the masked man pulls off his mask and reveals that he's actually Wolverine. In Ultimates 3 Loeb introduces another masked man. Halfway through the story Wolverine pulls the masked man aside and tells him that he knows who he really is. In the end the masked man reveals himself to be Captain America. 
    2) Throwing in as many cameo characters as possible, regardless of their actual importance in the story. With so many characters Loeb doesn't have to worry and focus on any real character development as everyone is either pummeling in someone's brain or getting their brain pummeled in.
    3) A character lamenting over the loss of a loved one.

A good combination of the points I mentioned would be how the Black Panther is dealt with in Ultimates 3. The Panther is always masked and the audience isn't given any clues about who he really is. Towards the end of the arc the Panther reveals who he really is in a Loeb "cool scene" as he rips off his mask and holds up Cap's shield. So why was Cap going around dressed up like Black Panther? It turns out that the real Panther was hiding from Nick Fury and Cap was covering up for him, which is revealed in the Ultimate Captain America annual. The problem is that Nick Fury has been stuck in an alternate dimension for years, a consequence of his actions in Ultimate Power. The bigger problem? Ultimates 3, the Ultimate Captain America annual, and the mentioned Ultimate Power issue were all written by Jeph Loeb.
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By geraldthesloth

I only buy this to look at the pretty pictures from one of my favorite artists

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Chak said:
    " @War Killer: The reason why a lot of people hate Loeb's writing is because..well lets break it down. -He disregards established continuity. Here's a good example: in the Ultimate universe Pyro was a good kid with emotional and physical scars. Loeb threw this out of the window and had him show up in his run of Ultimates as a carbon copy of 616 Pyro who wanted to rape Valkyrie. The only explanation for this, if you can even call it that, is given when Pyro gets his hands cut off and screams about how he "used to be an X-man".   -Loeb doesn't really plot out a story arc from beginning to end. He just makes things up as he goes along. It's as if he had a checklist of "cool things that should happen", and makes them happen whenever he can, regardless of how much they don't make sense. Examples of this include Ultimate Magneto stealing Thor's hammer (just for the sake of looking cool) and Rulk beating 616 Thor with  Mjolnir (to show how XXXTREME Rulk is).   -Loeb cannot write a story without recycling the following :  1) The mysterious masked character. Fun fact - in Onslaught Reborn, Loeb introduces a mysterious masked man. Halfway through the story Captain America pulls the masked man aside and tells him that he knows who he really is. In the end the masked man pulls off his mask and reveals that he's actually Wolverine. In Ultimates 3 Loeb introduces another masked man. Halfway through the story Wolverine pulls the masked man aside and tells him that he knows who he really is. In the end the masked man reveals himself to be Captain America.  2) Throwing in as many cameo characters as possible, regardless of their actual importance in the story. With so many characters Loeb doesn't have to worry and focus on any real character development as everyone is either pummeling in someone's brain or getting their brain being pummeled in.3) A character lamenting over the loss of a loved one.  A good combination of the points I mentioned would be how the Black Panther is dealt with in Ultimates 3. The Panther is always masked and the audience isn't given any clues about who he really is. Towards the end of the arc the Panther reveals who he really is in a Loeb "cool scene" as he rips off his mask and holds up Cap's shield. So why was Cap going around dressed up like a Panther? It turns out that the real Panther was hiding from Nick Fury and Cap was covering up for him, which is revealed in the Ultimate Captain America annual. The problem is that Nick Fury has been stuck in an alternate dimension for years, a consequence of his actions in Ultimate Power. The bigger problem? Ultimates 3, the Ultimate Captain America annual, and the mentioned Ultimate Power issue were all written by Jeph Loeb. "
    I like all of those books, I didn't read much UXM, but I understand the Pyro thing, but I like the Cap Annual and I enjoyed Ultimates 3, I read all of Ultimate Power and after I read and enjoyed it, I looked at the writers and Jeph Loeb was one of them and I liked how he wrote, and Ultimate Cap Annual takes place before Ultimate Power by the way
    Chak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Chak
    @War Killer: Having the Cap annual take place before Ultimate Power still doesn't make any sense. Cap would still have known that Fury had been stuck in the Supreme Power universe for years. You should check out the first two runs of Ultimates and compare those with Ultimates 3 to see how drastic the drop in quality turned out to be.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Chak said:
    " @War Killer: Having the Cap annual take place before Ultimate Power still doesn't make any sense. Cap would still have known that Fury had been stuck in the Supreme Power universe for years. You should check out the first two runs of Ultimates and compare those with Ultimates 3 to see how drastic the drop in quality turned out to be. "
    Okay look Cap annual, Cap dosen't have to know about Fury not being gone, if he did he wouldn't have had to dress up like him, he would have just let him go, and then the Cap Annual fills in the blank spots in Ultimates 3, and yes I have all of the Ultimates books 1,2, and 3, plus most of the annuals, most of the annuals have diffrent writers and I know Loebs style is diffrent but his idea is really good, people use to get mad at how Hawkeye acts now, calling him emo and saying he look domb, but he saw his whole family die right in front of him, his son's body splatered all of him, that is going to have an effect on your mind
    Krajo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Krajo
    @G-Man said:
    " @DH69 said:
    " im glad the green ones dead. Now we can focus on the red hulk =D everyone loves RULk =p cant wait for the blue one.  also $10 says the red she-hulk is just gonna turn out to be jennifer walters and on a seperate note: G-man love the sound effects, and narrating keep it up. "
    Blue Hulk already has a page here (for the Mini Hulk comics at the end).

"

@G-Man: Did one of the Guys from the Blue Man Group get a touch of Bruce Banner's DNA, or is this just an oversized Smurph.?
    Chak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Chak
    @War Killer: Sorry I'm not sure I understand your point. I think the Cap annual was one of Loeb's better Marvel books. Even though it took place before Ultimate Power and Ultimates 3, it still served as Loeb's poor excuse for explaining why Cap was dressing up as Black Panther. In the annual Cap ends up pretending to be the Panther so he can hide the true Panther from Nick Fury. Here's my problem: Loeb wrote the issue of Ultimate Power where Cap himself gives Fury to Squadron Supreme. Ultimates 3 takes place years after this has happened, so it doesn't make any sense for Cap to be protecting the real Panther from Fury.

If you like Loeb's writing, sure, no problem. I think that the vast majority of his ideas are complete garbage.
    ninjadude853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By ninjadude853

i really did like this issue, its a really good aftermath story, and i thought it was interesting to see a bomb developed a little more (that phasing ability is sweet)

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Chak said:
    " @War Killer: Sorry I'm not sure I understand your point. I think the Cap annual was one of Loeb's better Marvel books. Even though it took place before Ultimate Power and Ultimates 3, it still served as Loeb's poor excuse for explaining why Cap was dressing up as Black Panther. In the annual Cap ends up pretending to be the Panther so he can hide the true Panther from Nick Fury. Here's my problem: Loeb wrote the issue of Ultimate Power where Cap himself gives Fury to Squadron Supreme. Ultimates 3 takes place years after this has happened, so it doesn't make any sense for Cap to be protecting the real Panther from Fury.  If you like Loeb's writing, sure, no problem. I think that the vast majority of his ideas are complete garbage. "
    Oh my bad, I thought you didn't like the Cap Annual. I think that if it would have came out before berfore Ultimates 3, people wouldn't have been confused, but Ultimates 3 only takes place a few months after Ultimate Power, and the reason Cap was dressed as him was because Cap (under Fury's orders) had to get Black Panther on the Ultimates, so after Fury was gone, Cap still had to fool the rest of the Ultimates
    Obsurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By Obsurity

The green hulk can't be gone for too long but if he is. It would be interesting to see how Banner tries to live a normal life

Chak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Chak
    @War Killer: If that was Loeb's intended explanation it doesn't make any sense. Even if he did order Cap to keep the Panther on the Ultimates, Cap himself pretty much banished and wrote Fury off when he handed him over to Squadron Supreme for being a traitor. It wouldn't make sense for him to continue following a standing order from someone like that. Why would Cap need to trick the rest of the team after Fury's departure? Stark was already in on it as he designed the fake Panther suit.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Chak said:
    " @War Killer: If that was Loeb's intended explanation it doesn't make any sense. Even if he did order Cap to keep the Panther on the Ultimates, Cap himself pretty much banished and wrote Fury off when he handed him over to Squadron Supreme for being a traitor. It wouldn't make sense for him to continue following a standing order from someone like that. Why would Cap need to trick the rest of the team after Fury's departure? Stark was already in on it as he designed the fake Panther suit. "
    I don't know, maybe he thought they wouldn't understand, dosen't really matter anyways, they know it was Cap and no one has seen Panther since, but I still like Loebs writing
    toxzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By toxzilla

I dont hate the Rulk because I hate a mystery I hate the Rulk because its just silly to me. The whole arc with A-Bomb made me stop reading Hulk who I loved up until after World War Hulk. I dont know I dont completly hate Loeb because I liked Hush for the ride that was presented but didnt care for the end. I still liked the book. I couldnt get through the Ultimates 3 as well. Issue 2 of 5 was as far as I could get.  I just bought the Long Halloween and have not read it yet but have heard lots of good things.  I dont know something about Loeb in the last couple of years has really turned me off to his newest stuff.

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ARMIV

Naw,Hulk will be back. No matter what,he always comes back.

Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27  Edited By Comiclove5
    @DH69:
    Now way by the covers it is Electra
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28  Edited By FoxxFireArt

At least "jaded" was the proper word for the context. He could of said, "glib".

I haven't read this series, but does Osborn know of the Red Hulk? I'd find it more interesting if Osborn doesn't know who he is, or is even curious about that answer.

I'm wondering if this World War Hulks will be another multi title cross over?

The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The Hottness

Red Hulk is cool...im just sick of the mystery thing. it's going to be some nobody that Hulk probably screwed a long time ago
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Media_Master

4 out of 5

probably check it out to see what all the fuss is about                %Pr

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nahero
    @cascadeking09 said:
    " why doesnt the cover look more like this,
    No Caption Provided
    is it considered copyright or somethin if they make the cover look like spiderman no more.                       "
    thats one hell of a good point
    Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nahero: no it is not. Hell comics dfo that that kind of thing all the time.
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cascadeking09
    @Abnormally Warm Guy: its not a good point or its not copyright
    glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By glforthewin

screw you jeph loeb. get peter david to write hulk 

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09: both. ha ha ha.
    rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rey

lol good addition of the hulk series theme song lol
    no way banner can't be gone

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By Moomin123
    @Nahero said:
    " @cascadeking09 said:
    No Caption Provided
    is it considered copyright or somethin if they make the cover look like spiderman no more.                       "
    thats one hell of a good point "
    It surely won't matter though. Both the Hulk and Spider-Man are Marvel.
    Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dro

Another problem I have with Jeph Loeb's writing is what he did to Hulk. In whatever issue it was that Rulk first faced Hulk, Rulk choked Hulk to unconsciousness. Hulk can survive in space for extended periods of time without air, but he gets asphyxiated in a matter of a couple of panels? Doesn't work for me. Also, Rulk broke Hulk's arm. Hulk gets stronger and more invincible as his anger rises, so even if the two start out at identical strength and toughness, Hulk is going to very quickly outclass Rulk by a lot, and Rulk isn't going to be able to do crap, since Rulk only gets hotter, rather than more powerful. Rulk also wouldn't have the strength to hold Hulk's entire body down.

Then there's the junk with Thor. First, Rulk catches Thor's hammer. Load of crap. An attempt to do that would result in a shattered hand due not only to Thor's intense strength but also due to the weight and inherent magical power held within Mjolnir. Then Rulk takes them both up through the atmosphere into zero G lifting Thor AND Mjolnir (next to no one can lift Mjolnir, and Rulk, being evil, wouldn't be one of these guys. Thor holding Mjolnir means nothing, as Rulk is doing the lifting). And Thor is powerless to stop the trip, even though he's the only one with flight. Then Rulk, with a simple yank, disarms Thor and smacks him around hard with Mjolnir, something no one else has done. Ever. And after drubbing Thor with his own magical, powerful weapon, Rulk proceeds to the next stop on his PIS trip, which I think leads us up to the first post here.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cascadeking09
    @Abnormally Warm Guy: y both?
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cascadeking09
    @Moomin123 said:
    " @Nahero said:
    " @cascadeking09 said:
    No Caption Provided
    thats one hell of a good point "
    It surely won't matter though. Both the Hulk and Spider-Man are Marvel. "
    I figured, i dont know y but it kinda makes me mad that they didnt after the movie came out and it has the same title as spiderman. the cover could have looked so much better had they chosen to do it like those two covers.
    Mr Mofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mr Mofo
    @toxzilla said:
    "  I dont hate the Rulk because I hate a mystery I hate the Rulk because its just silly to me. The whole arc with A-Bomb made me stop reading Hulk who I loved up until after World War Hulk. I dont know I dont completly hate Loeb because I liked Hush for the ride that was presented but didnt care for the end. I still liked the book. I couldnt get through the Ultimates 3 as well. Issue 2 of 5 was as far as I could get.  I just bought the Long Halloween and have not read it yet but have heard lots of good things.  I dont know something about Loeb in the last couple of years has really turned me off to his newest stuff. "
    I don't mind Red Hulk. A-Bomb, now that's a kick in the crotch. I don't like that 'character.' Did they ever say how he came about?
    Shazam5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Shazam5
    @Nahero: Do you think Hulk is coming back ? I prefer Green Hulk is very strong than Red Hulk.   I read that , but that is not fair. 
    Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Nahero
    @Abnormally Warm Guy said:

" @Nahero: no it is not. Hell comics dfo that that kind of thing all the time. "

i mean't as in they look very alike

@Shazam5 said:

" @Nahero: Do you think Hulk is coming back ? I prefer Green Hulk is very strong than Red Hulk.   I read that , but that is not fair.  "

i have faith in even the slightest possibility of his return but it might take awhile since writers try to put us in suspense

and people like i said hulk isn't dead cuz hulk is banner and banner is hulk he's still alive inside the problem is that the red hulk sucked all the gamma energy out of banner making him unable to transform into hulk 
    Krajo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Krajo

Green Hulk will come back..... I think whenever he does come back I have a feeling that we will be getting close to knowing who the Red Hulk is.

Avatar image for saphiragranger9
    SaphiraGranger9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SaphiraGranger9

Chances are, The Green Hulk's going to come back. I have reason to believe that he isn't going to be gone for good. 

It's like this thing with Captain America, they're going to bring him back because that's practically the law of comic books, no character truly dies.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.