Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

How reliable is the Hulk?

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

We've seen that he can be a hero but how reliable is he really? Is he more than just the team's cannon? How easy is it for his anger to get the better of him,resulting in him killing his fellow team members?

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm going off of 2nd hand knowledge, but isn't it true that Hulk has never accidentally killed innocents in any rampage? (That some characters thought he maybe had some innate (poss. subconscious) mental ability to focus his rage so as to not harm them)

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dum529001

@theacidskull:

I agree. Although I would say that Joe Fixit is worse than other Hulk personalities because he is more selfish, he's not too bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightsout: That's true, Banner mentioned that no one lost their lives in any of the Hulk's rampages.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Hulk can only be relied upon to do one thing.

We all know what that thing is.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Raw_Material

Quite reliable now that Banner has come to senses with the Hulk inside him.

He's using both his intellectuality and Hulk's brute strength for the better of the world.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Raw_Material

He is way more reliable than tony and the others. Hulk may be rough at times, he is a jerk, but he has no trouble fighting and risking his life, sure he is a bit of a loose cannon, but as long AS you don't betray him or stab him in the back, he'll always be loyal. This applies to The green version of the hulk, Savage, prof, WWH, Gravege and etc. The only hulk who can't be trusted is joe fixit,

This ^__^

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

He is way more reliable than tony and the others. Hulk may be rough at times, he is a jerk, but he has no trouble fighting and risking his life, sure he is a bit of a loose cannon, but as long AS you don't betray him or stab him in the back, he'll always be loyal. This applies to The green version of the hulk, Savage, prof, WWH, Gravege and etc. The only hulk who can't be trusted is joe fixit,

And mindless :P

Avatar image for cosmiccommonsense
    CosmicCommonSense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree all hulks except fixit are very grounded in morals savage as some are (mindless hulk)

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By w0nd

@lightsout said:

I'm going off of 2nd hand knowledge, but isn't it true that Hulk has never accidentally killed innocents in any rampage? (That some characters thought he maybe had some innate (poss. subconscious) mental ability to focus his rage so as to not harm them)

I always found this to be stupid. What is he? Action-man, where he can see algorithmic numbers in the air and tell what outcome will happen if he smashes certain areas? Hasn't there been news reports with casualties listed by his rampages? or have they all said 0 casualties...

I think he is unreliable, in one of his first indestructible stories it involved him luring stark out to beat him up and humiliate him.

In the last issues, while Cap was talking the kid down Hulk was the one who charged at him. Sure the kid was a planet buster, but he wasn't attacking YET, being instigated like that could very well be the cause of him not standing down.

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
    Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I think Fixit has a bad rap and the reason for his nasty personality has to do with all the times his green alter ego had been betrayed and used and hounded. But even with Fixit apart from the tough talk could be counted on. Just don't tell him he was stronger when he was green and your good

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Depends on what you rely on him for, if its to be friendly and helpful then you're delusional but if its to smash the hell out of something then he's your man.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@end_boss said:

The Hulk can only be relied upon to do

one thing

We all know what that thing is.

HULK DILLIGENTELY REPAIR!!!!!!!

Thats what you meant, right?

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
    thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hulk is very reliable and hell at least you don't have to worry about him sending you to space or the negative zone for not being not conforming with his ideals.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_stegman  Moderator

He's reliable, but I still would'nt want him on my team. He's too much of a loose canon.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe said:

Depends on what you rely on him for, if its to be friendly and helpful then you're delusional but if its to smash the hell out of something then he's your man.

Hulk will be friendly To people he trusts, sadly the avengers aren't one of them, considering how many times the betrayed the hulk.

yeah because he goes bat sh!t crazy, it's a two way street! He smashes through queens saying he wants to be left alone when he could easily jump out of NY any time he wants. Most of his complaints are his own fault lol.

mr_gone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

let's not forget devil hulk...

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@theacidskull said:

@joshmightbe said:

Hulk will be friendly To people he trusts, sadly the avengers aren't one of them, considering how many times the betrayed the hulk.

yeah because he goes bat sh!t crazy, it's a two way street! He smashes through queens saying he wants to be left alone when he could easily jump out of NY any time he wants. Most of his complaints are his own fault lol.

Hulk has fled many times but people keep following him, especially the army, and hulk just doesn't back away from a fight. Hulk might be somewhat a loose canon but if he trusts someone he won't be grumpy all the time, and even with the avengers he helps out, it's just that hickman has no clue what is is doing lol.

this is true, i am just bitter he smacked cap out of the way, shoved ironman and charged that kid before he could actually stand down and then they all blame the kid lol. Im sorry but if i found out i could level a planet and the hulk wants to butt heads with me im bound to at least punch him in the face :P

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are way too many versions of Hulks in Banner. They need to just have one -_-

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And now recently he just uploaded a virus to Beast's robot which then tried to kill them, so he could prove he is smarter than Stark and Beast.

Yeah totally reliable

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

And now recently he just uploaded a virus to Beast's robot which then tried to kill them, so he could prove he is smarter than Stark and Beast.

Yeah totally reliable

that was a fail safe. Banner Can't be reliable, HULK IS, BIG difference.

And he didn't do it to prove it that he was smarter. And the robot could have killed tony, but it didn't, in fact it repaired his mask, and hulk saved them both.

Aren't banner and the hulk one in the same now, wasn't that the whole point of this run, to work together, and be the same, put aside their differences so banner could focus his time on doing some good instead of curing himself. I figured banner and hulk have been one since he came back to earth, had that whole hulk family going on and came to terms with his son.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.