How mad can someone get?

#1 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

I brought this up a few years ago to a friend of mine....

How mad can a person, such as the hulk, get? I mean, if you kill everyone he loves and force him to watch, spit in his face, slap him around a little bit (or a lot), make fun of him, etc what else can you do? If you then kill a few more people or smack him around some more does it really make a difference? I think there is a limit to rage and anger. I point where you physically and mentally can't get any madder. What do you think?

If something similar has been done, please let me know. I tried to search, but it is kind of an odd thing to search for. 

Thanks!

#2 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't believe there is a definable limit.

#3 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: I don't think there is either, but I do think there is a limit.... though it may not be defined. 
#4 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@weaponx said:
" @Caligula: I don't think there is either, but I do think there is a limit.... though it may not be defined.  "
I just don't think you can do that with any emotion. it would be like saying you could reach a maximum sadness. you can't, there is always something that can make the emotion grow even more intense. I don't believe in a stopping point.
#5 Posted by Legacy_ (10520 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there's levels of sadness or anger........

#6 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

i think there is a point where his rage would level out.
#7 Posted by Nosfistis (32 posts) - - Show Bio

I think weaponx is right. You can only do so much to make someone angry. Re-doing those things won't make a difference in a person's psyche, since he has already experienced the feeling. Although, I think that different people have different anger limits. 

#8 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17777 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk has limitless rage, that's why he keeps getting madder and madder.

#9 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there is a point where you just can't get angrier

#10 Posted by AssertingValor (5386 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

#11 Posted by Voodoom (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordMaverick said:

@BlackArmor said:

@LordMaverick awesome tell my wife that please.:

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.