How does Hulk survive?

#1 Edited by Wolfrazer (6107 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I realize that its the comic books world and all, but a thought crossed my mind here lol. Hulk gets angry and angry, so....wouldn't that raise his blood pressure to dangerous levels or give him an aneurysm? Or a heart attack or something? I know its comics and all but....something I have always wondered, because getting angry isn't healthy at all especially if it just keeps building up and up you'd think Hulk would have popped a blood vessel or whatever.

#2 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm... never looked at it that way before...

#3 Posted by Wolfrazer (6107 posts) - - Show Bio
@jobiwankenobi:  Right? Would be rather an ironic death though lol. Dying to what gives you strength.
#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12586 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess his superhuman durability helps him.

#5 Edited by TheDarkLord_267 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe his amazing healing factor keeps it in check.

#6 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess the body adjusts, but I always wondered if you could kill him by making him too angry too fast, like going from savage to worldbreaker might have reprecussions

#7 Posted by sonny1 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: If you can suspend your disbelief in the that Bruce Banner could survive being bombarded with gamma radiation I don't see why the increase in his blood pressure would be an issue. Besides animals like the giraffe which has the highest blood pressure in the animal kingdom don't just drop dead when they get frightened or pissed off.

#8 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@sonny1:

Well doesn't a hulk's heart enlarge when they shapeshift? So a bigger heat means more blood to the brain and body, ergo less chance of collapsing of an arrhythmia or whatever (blood clots?)

Unless it's high adrenaline doses. Then maybe the hulks become adrenaline junkies instead of collapsing.

(I'm so out of it right now that if my response sounds whacky, I apologize immensely).

#9 Posted by Ms. Omega (4404 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol Hulk has a stress related heart attack.

#10 Edited by Wolfrazer (6107 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ms. Omega:  Would be hilarious lol. But ya Sonny1, guess I can go with that.
#11 Edited by sonny1 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Never did a vivisection on a hulk so it's hard to say. Hulk is a comic book character and trying to add real world science to a fictional character which should not exist in the first place is just ridiculous.

#12 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@sonny1:

Lol, but it's fun to use your noodle. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.