How Does Hulk Stay Mad?

#1 Edited by MarvelGrey (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok now the title may be a little silly to people, but first let me explain so clearly Hulk's healing factor heals him from any aneurysm's or any brain damage that his rage induces how come his rage isn't healed by his healing factor? And don't give me an answer like he wouldn't be able to transform, and responses like that.

#2 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Tight underwear.

#3 Posted by Vermoot (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Well... I'd say that rage isn't a disease or a kind of "wound" and can't therefore be "healed", but I might be mistaken or I might not understand exactly what you're talking about.

Also, I'm not a Hulk reader, I know the character too little to be sure about anything.

#4 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

He needs stimulus to keep angry. Sometimes he asks his friends to insult him in order for him to get stronger to beat a baddy. Sometimes just remembering a horrific event is enough to drive him to WorldBreaker strength levels.

#5 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

He thinks about the Ang Lee Hulk film

#6 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

depends on the variation, but mostly hulk is always mad because of his father abusing him and his childhood, he never gets excepted and is a always betrayed

#7 Edited by Dernman (15128 posts) - - Show Bio

Rage is an emotion not physical thing. A healing factor has no effect on that.

#8 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman:

Only thing that can heal the Hulk for a second is Betty, and that's when she isn't nutso like she gets when her She-Hulk takes over.

#9 Posted by Dernman (15128 posts) - - Show Bio
@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: I wouldn't call it healing but yes his love for her soothes his emotional state.
#10 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman:

Seems to me both Hulks need Betty to calm down (even Big Red seemed a bit happier when he saw or thought about her.)

#11 Posted by Dernman (15128 posts) - - Show Bio
@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Well she is his daughter.
#12 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman:

Lol, true. But he usually was the jealous type when regarding her marriage with Bruce (then again all dads are like that with their baby girls)

But seriously, Red Hulk needs to get a girl o his soon or else he'll be stuck looking like the '40 year old Hulk'.

#13 Posted by jack16ichigo (479 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think a healing factor covers anger......as for staying angry I find it really easy so I'm sure hulk doesn't have a problem staying angry :)

#14 Posted by Dernman (15128 posts) - - Show Bio
@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Red Hulk is into appliances now. Hence his interest in the toaster LMD. :p
#15 Posted by Maluke (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

Rage is an emotion not physical thing. A healing factor has no effect on that.
#16 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

He takes testosterone. DUH!!! He OD's on that crap too lol.

#17 Posted by SC (13122 posts) - - Show Bio

Rage and anger aren't afflictions, although actions whilst angry may be and they are also naturally occurring in humans (and Hulks) because of chemical, physiological and psychological reasons. Which means it would be like healing happiness. Also remembering that anger is just one trigger for the Hulk. There are multiple triggers.    

#18 Posted by Hulk_inside (58 posts) - - Show Bio

because EVERYTHING ANGERS him lmao

#19 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman:

Aww, but she's a pretty toaster yo. >:V

But if Red Hulk gets a new series with a crap writer, they may have him spontaneously hatching baby cyborg Rulks from his chest like in Alien.

#20 Posted by ThanoStomp (789 posts) - - Show Bio

Anger and rage can be amped due to a chemical imbalance. Drug companies make a ton of money treating these symptoms.

#21 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Enzyte.

#22 Posted by sillypoo (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Knowing the people like Snooki still exist on this planet should be enough to keep him angry for a while

#23 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

He never has money for pants,bad hair day, no more toilet paper,corns and bunions,bad breath,needs a hug, can't afford cable tv, fingers to big to dial numbers for take out, no home address,puny deodorant, sore throat from screaming, 2 many Batman (Adam West) re- runs, Saw Ang Lee Hulk,car bumper stuck in his toe nail, Looking for DC writers for creating Solomon Grundy in his likeness, Someone wearing Red is impersonating him, Thor's hammer fell on his toe, Young justice episodes are slow, Wants a pair of Jordans in his size, has a dental appointment with Doctor, Strange , Octopus,Doom, Sampson,Giggles,McCoy,Conners, J, hell he forgot. Maybe he just forgot why he's angry, maybe.

#24 Posted by nerd217 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

No matter how hard he tries he just can't forget that first Hulk movie!

#25 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

he can still hear what others say when he is dormant in banner. That gives him fuel to continue.

#26 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic book logic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.