Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

How does everyone here feel about the beating Zeus gave the Hulk?

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@seekquaze: I hardly see it the way you do. Zeus sending powerful gods (Poseidon, Apollo, Artemis, Boreas) and monsters (Centaurs, Titan-Cyclopes, Gorgons and various formidable mystical beasts) in order to stop the Hulk as hardly servants. And Pak stated in a interview that Zeus didn't keep his word and that the Sky-Father didn't merely use physical strength to overwhelm the Hulk in their confrontation, having used vast powerful mystical energies, his signature mystical lightning and mystically amping his strength to the utmost levels in order to inflict harm on the Hulk, who even told his family to leave before they would ruin everything.

It was also made clear by Pak that Hulk wasn't there to fight nor win, but that's not to say he couldn't win, for this is comics after all. I mean, if Thanos can become Omniverse Supreme in Marvel: The End, then anything is possible. It all depends on the writer and the circumstances, but when it comes to comics anything is possible. But it was made clear several instances that Hulk wasn't fighting back and was allowing himself to get pummeled in a attempt to sacrifice himself. This was something that both Hera & Zeus acknowledged.

I even got the link to one of these interviews if you want it.

Whomever they are they are his servants. Poseidon at least hardly tried to stop the Hulk. The Hulk being on Olympus was implied by the Hulk himself to limit Apollo's might. The monsters you name amount to pets or guards for the Olympians. They are Zeus's servants so it is still the same. Hulk broke into Zeus' house and started making demands. Anyone with a cursory knowledge of Greek myth knows this would only rile Zeus.

As for the interview, I take interviews with a grain of salt. I have seen writers say one thing in an interview that is completely contradicted in the comic. Sometimes it is a case of an artist drawing a scene wrong. Sometimes the writers had to cut something. Other times the writer will say something to placate angry fans. Interviews are not canon. At best they can be used to sometimes clarify muddy issues. I don't see that being the case here. In the interview itself, Pak admits he used Zeus as a general stand in for God and has a limit for the Hulk which interestingly contradicts what some people claim about the Hulk being limitless and able to beat the crap out Zeus.

And Pak does not say Zeus broke his word. He states that it is questionable. He commits about Zeus throwing a lighting bolt at the end an in the issue there is no lighting bolt that hits the Hulk after the agreement is made. It sounds like he is trying to appease Hulk fans who were mad at Hulk getting so thoroughly throttled. And again, Zeus increasing his physical strength is little different than Hulk's own ability to going by the wording of the agreement. Both can increase their physical strength and Hulk was free to do so. The main difference is Zeus can do so at will while Hulk usually needs some sort of external motivation. The rest of Zeus' power was channeled through his fists which matched the vague agreement. Nothing was ever said about no other powers being used if that was a capability. If so Hulk should have turned off his healing factor and own dynamic strength.

Could Hulk defeat Zeus under the right circumstances? Yes, but then Aunt May could defeat an enraged Hulk in an arm wrestling contest under the right circumstances. So we don't know if Hulk was not trying to fight back at all or was too overwhelmed. All we know is he went their with the intent to sacrifice himself, but there were several possible ways of doing so. If he was not going to fight back at all he might as well have let Zeus incinerate him with lighting or not thrown a punch at all. Yet Hulk got Zeus to lower himself to a physical fight and deliberate provoked Zeus. Since angering people let alone a notorious fickle god is generally not the best way to get them to help you the idea that Hulk was trying to fight back to impress Zeus with his own valor to me makes more sense than Hulk just standing there. Otherwise, what was Hulk trying to accomplish?

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Got the answers straight from the writer's mouth. I had a very pleasant discussion with Greg Pak via Twitter. He's a great guy. Always a pleasure to speak to. Anyways, here's what I got out of it.

GreenScar1990: Mr. Pak, I was wondering if you could settle a debate for us Hulk fans. It would mean the world to me and numerous others.

GregPak: A: The Hulk is the strongest one there is. ;-)

GreenScar1990: ;) Did the Hulk intentionally lose to Zeus? That he wished to sacrifice himself for his family?

GregPak: It's up to each reader to decide that for him or herself. I'm just the writer. ;-)

GreenScar1990: And if he wanted to defeat Zeus, couldn't he? I mean, anything is possible for the Hulk. Thanos become Omin-Supreme in Marvel: End

GregPak: Again, up to the reader to decide. But my thinking was no, the Hulk got beat. He took on an Allfather.

GreenScar1990: And was it also true that Zeus used more than strength, including powerful mystical might against the Hulk in their fight? And wasn't true that he wasn't fighting back for the entire fight? If you could answer these, I would be honored and pleased.

GregPak: My opinion isn't canon. But my thinking is that no, the Hulk can't beat an Allfather who's using all his power. Again, readers can interpret this for themselves. But my thinking was that yes, Zeus drew on his godly/mystical/magic might. But I'll repeat: My opinion/intention doesn't really matter. Readers interpret the books themselves. That's the fun of it all.

GreenScar1990: Thank you. One last question. If you would want to come back as writer for the Hulk, would you return?

Greg Pak: I'd love to write the Hulk again someday. But I'm incredibly happy and have my hands full writing Superman right now. ;-)

GreenScar1990: Thank you again for your time, Mr. Pak. I hope you one day return to the Jade Giant. We wish you the best. I know we Hulk fans would love to see you back at the helm. :)

GregPak: Thanks for the kind words! Thank you! Really does mean a huge amount to me when folks like you enjoy the books so much. All the best!

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

GreenScar1990: And if he wanted to defeat Zeus, couldn't he? I mean, anything is possible for the Hulk. Thanos become Omin-Supreme in Marvel: End

GregPak: Again, up to the reader to decide. But my thinking was no, the Hulk got beat. He took on an Allfather.

There you go, Hulk can curb-stomp Zeus! J/k, thanks for sharing that back and forth. Greg Pak is always so non-committal with his answers!

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: You're welcome. Pak is a nice guy. His work on Superman, a character I have little interest in, has been very solid. DC Comics should be thankful for having him. I just hope that one day he'll return to the Hulk. That'd be awesome :)

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: Thanks for the responses. It is about what I expected. Like a good writer his answers are vague and do not commit to anything. A few things I do find surprising:

-Pak does not say Hulk can beat Zeus given the right circumstances. I wonder if he thinks the same about Worldbreaker. Can that version overcomes the full magical might of of a skyfather? A question that has been asked on various vs. boards, but it makes me wonder what Pak thinks aside from "what is needed for the story." Is this something Pak would never writer? And him saying that "Hulk got beat" implies Hulk did try to fight back and lost.

-As to whether Zeus used his other powers, he states it is his opinion that Zeus did, but again this is vague. Zeus increasing his physical strength can be considered drawing upon his godly might and still within the terms of the agreement.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

Makes me feel warm inside.

This.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By GreenScar1990

@seekquaze: However, Pak also stated that 'But my thinking is that no, the Hulk can't beat an Allfather who's using all his power.' That seems to suggest that Pak intended for Zeus to be using his powers/mystical might to their fullest.

As for World-Breaker defeating Zeus, I could ask, unless you wish to. But one has to remember that it depends on not only writer, but the circumstances. But, as Stan Lee said in regards to Hulk vs. Galactus, 'This is comics. Anything can happen'.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By seekquaze

@greenscar1990 said:

@seekquaze: However, Pak also stated that 'But my thinking is that no, the Hulk can't beat an Allfather who's using all his power.' That seems to suggest that Pak intended for Zeus to be using his powers/mystical might to their fullest.

As for World-Breaker defeating Zeus, I could ask, unless you wish to. But one has to remember that it depends on not only writer, but the circumstances. But, as Stan Lee said in regards to Hulk vs. Galactus, 'This is comics. Anything can happen'.

One problem with the Hulk more so than almost any other character is so much has to be specified in a discussion like this. If I say Spider-Man, Thor, Superman, Batman, Darkseid, or most characters they have a fairly consistent status. The Hulk can vary widely not only on strength level, but intelligence level. Whenever someone in general says "Hulk" I assume it is the standard top-tier Thor level being.

Pak's wording of "using all his power" is rather ambiguous. Is it meant to be the way you state that Zeus was using his full might? Is it Pak thinks Hulk is no match for a skyfather who is going all out, but said skyfather only needs to use a fraction of their might? Is it instead referring to the total use of a skyfather's power? We don't know how far a skyfather can augment their own strength. Based on what we have seen in the past it is far higher than the standard top-tier level. If Zeus only augmented say 2-3 times and also negated the Hulk's healing factor that easily might not be his full might since Hulk wasn't healing. If "all his power" refers to all of his power that would include Zeus using lightning to easily kill the Hulk, transformation powers, enchanting objects, etc that Zeus did not use so Zeus drastically held back his power. Either way, to me it looks like Zeus only used a fraction of his might. Pak's statement is that Hulk cannot defeat Zeus or Odin when they are using all of their might the same way Thor, Silver Surfer, or Hercules cannot. Skyfathers exist on a level where even the highest heroes cannot defeat them on their own. They are there "limit" if you will.

Regarding WorldBreaker, that is a whole other can of worms that goes elsewhere. I agree that it depends on the writer and circumstances. Stan Lee is right, if a writer wanted Hulk to defeat Zeus they could arrange proper circumstances just like they could for Aunt May defeating the Hulk in a straight up slug fest. However, as much as suspension of disbelief is used in comics I think we can both agree that it would take a major break of internal universe rules and a lot of preposterous actions for either of the scenarios I mentioned to take place under standard circumstances.

Just to clarify, I regard skyfathers as sort of the border of where things transcend the physical. Yeah, they are still physical beings, but their vast array of powers makes physical battles almost meaningless. So to bring their full might into a battle would mean the fight itself has transcended the physical. A few more die-hard Hulk fans I have talked to who claim that while the Hulk truly is "the strongest one there is" in the physical department admit Hulk would still lose to skyfathers or other cosmic beings because he cannot compete with their reality warping powers. Of course then you have the Hulk fans who think he can.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By GreenScar1990

@seekquaze: I wouldn't say it'd have to be extreme for Hulk to defeat Zeus. If it was purely physical, Hulk can definitely do it. If Hulk were to have some kind of weapon, one that can be used to slay gods (Annihi-Blade or Odinsword, for example), that could also work. Or if the writer decides to have Hulk evolve power beyond that of we ever seen before, beyond World-Breaker/Dark Dimension-Breaker, then that's also a possible explanation.

But, like I said, anything is possible in comics. If Hulk ever gets into a conflict with Zeus and either stalemates or even wins, I won't see a problem with it as long as it is well written and fun.

But I'd like to also quote Pak from one of the interviews in regards to the Hulk/Zeus confrontation.

"No one on Earth could have done as well as the Hulk did in that conflict.'

That alone is impressive. Even more so when one considers this wasn't Hulk at his most unleashed. I mean, how many beings can go one-on-one with Sky-Fathers like Odin & Zeus? Not many.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seekquaze: I wouldn't say it'd have to be extreme for Hulk to defeat Zeus. If it was purely physical, Hulk can definitely do it. If Hulk were to have some kind of weapon, one that can be used to slay gods (Annihi-Blade or Odinsword, for example), that could also work. Or if the writer decides to have Hulk evolve power beyond that of we ever seen before, beyond World-Breaker/Dark Dimension-Breaker, then that's also a possible explanation.

But, like I said, anything is possible in comics. If Hulk ever gets into a conflict with Zeus and either stalemates or even wins, I won't see a problem with it as long as it is well written and fun.

But I'd like to also quote Pak from one of the interviews in regards to the Hulk/Zeus confrontation.

"No one on Earth could have done as well as the Hulk did in that conflict.'

That alone is impressive. Even more so when one considers this wasn't Hulk at his most unleashed. I mean, how many beings can go one-on-one with Sky-Fathers like Odin & Zeus? Not many.

I personally dislike it when a character's power suddenly drastically "evolve" whether it be the Hulk, gods or mutants. Hulk getting the right weapon...sure that is possible. Gorr was a nobody from a dead planet before by either fate or luck he god an elder god's weapon.

Regarding Pak's quote...I am doubtful about that claim. If Hulk did not fight back like some people claim then anyone could have done as well as the Hulk did unless you are counting lasting as long. And then I think an argument could be made that a few characters like Juggernaut, Sentry or heck Wolverine could. Also, do Thor and Hercules count as "on Earth?" If the Hulk did try to fight back he lost big time. Your wording of the sentence "one-on-one" to me implies it was some sort of back and forth battle. Hulk was completely overwhelmed so again I think strong argument could be made that several other characters "on earth" could do that well.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seekquaze: Regardless, just because this one encountered ended badly for Hulk doesn't mean that, if or when, we see them collide again that it'll be the same outcome. We might get a very angry, determined Hulk going up against Zeus, possibly with a weapon and/or an enchantment that enables him to shrug off Zeus' high-end mystical might (possible if a certain Sorcerer Supreme or Elder Goddess is involved). It all depends on the writer and the circumstances.

That and anything can happen in comics. Just as long as it's written well, I won't have a qualm with it. Likewise, if Hulk wins or stalemates a Sky-Father, I won't be bothered as long as it's written properly.

Speaking of Hercules, isn't it a bit odd that he have yet to see him in Jason Aaron's Thor yet? I must admit, I was a fan of Incredible Hercules and hope that Herc gets some spotlight in the near future. He recently appeared in Fearless Defenders... which is sadly ending. :(

Why does Marvel always cancel or ruin their best works?

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seekquaze: Regardless, just because this one encountered ended badly for Hulk doesn't mean that, if or when, we see them collide again that it'll be the same outcome. We might get a very angry, determined Hulk going up against Zeus, possibly with a weapon and/or an enchantment that enables him to shrug off Zeus' high-end mystical might (possible if a certain Sorcerer Supreme or Elder Goddess is involved). It all depends on the writer and the circumstances.

That and anything can happen in comics. Just as long as it's written well, I won't have a qualm with it. Likewise, if Hulk wins or stalemates a Sky-Father, I won't be bothered as long as it's written properly.

I have already stated that I agree with this part. I just don't like it when a character spontaneously develops a new power only vaguely related to their own. Storm suddenly able to manipulate any molecules turning lead into gold type for the sole reason that she manipulates molecules to control the weather would be one example. If Hulk were to go up against Zeus with the God-Killing Blade forged by the Celestials at the dawn of time meant to empower someone to take down skyfathers then I would not have a problem with that. Hulk to suddenly "get angry" and defeat Zeus with the latter using all of his power. Yeah, I would have a problem with that. Given the vast differences in their average showings and power variety I do not see how that can be written well.Why does Marvel always cancel or ruin their best works?

Speaking of Hercules, isn't it a bit odd that he have yet to see him in Jason Aaron's Thor yet? I must admit, I was a fan of Incredible Hercules and hope that Herc gets some spotlight in the near future. He recently appeared in Fearless Defenders... which is sadly ending. :(

Why does Marvel always cancel or ruin their best works?

For economic reasons I haven't been keeping up with Aaron's run recently. I would guess because Hercules as a street leveler is too low to survive in stories with the higher power and danger levels Aaron has been writing. Also, haven't most of Hercules appearances in Thor been tied to either needing extra muscle or Thor venturing to Olympus. Thor has the Warriors Three and Sif for muscle and Olympus stories have been kind of played out.Speaking of Olympus, is it still supposed to be on Earth? One wonders what Zeus has been up to with all these attacks? That is the trouble with having a character that powerful on Earth. On Olympus, you can right him off as ignoring things. On Earth sooner or later the Olympians would be attacked and have to get involved.

Kiltro95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#264  Edited By Kiltro95

Animal Cruelty

Renovatio74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus is a god. Thor is a god, hercules is half god. hulk is just hulk. hear that! no god part included. It makes no sense for hulk to be able to go against these types of figures. Even WBH is no match for a god.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renovatio74: I guess your whole point is to go around spouting ignorance that makes no sense and just speaks volumes about your motives and intelligence, Thor is a god so i guess Galactus can't beat Thor? I guess Franklin Richards can't beat Thor? I guess Legion can't beat Thor? Luckily writers know better than you and have pitted Hulk against all kinds of gods and immortals and he has come on top often.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@renovatio74:

Avengers Assemble....Hulk v Loki

Outcome....Loki Ko'd, Hulk casually remarks.

"Puny God...."

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By Bezza

Last Question on this subject, beating by Zeus aside, is the Chaos book worth getting?

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

oh suck it up, no one's gonna remember this in a hundred years time. give it a break, zeus barely gets recognition especially when odin takes credit for most popular skyfather. hulk on the other hand gets far too much recognition out there, especially for beating up those he shouldn't come close to beating. at least we know he's definitely not unbeatable.

Avatar image for hulksmashlittleman
    HULKSMASHLITTLEMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure that most of the Thor nuthuggers were wetting their pants out of hatred LMAO

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
    UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The beating wasn't as easy as people made it out to be.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zues can beat anyones ass.He's a goddamn skyfather's level being

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

It basically put the green scars personality into a nutshell. Badass that isn't scared of anything + someone willing to die for the people he loves.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It makes no sense being hailed the strongest one there is and not prevail over allfathers like Odin and Zeus because lol cosmic/divinity. Hulk is the embodiement of energy and possibly chaos, he could technically destroy anything and everthing giving his infinite power grinding abilities, he's supposed to be a gamma generator and gammy energy is cosmic power last I checked. A hero like Superman can beat gods like Darkseid and Magical beings like Shazam why can't hulk and isn't hulk powered by black magic as well?

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It makes no sense being hailed the strongest one there is and not prevail over allfathers like Odin and Zeus because lol cosmic/divinity. Hulk is the embodiement of energy and possibly chaos, he could technically destroy anything and everthing giving his infinite power grinding abilities, he's supposed to be a gamma generator and gammy energy is cosmic power last I checked. A hero like Superman can beat gods like Darkseid and Magical beings like Shazam why can't hulk and isn't hulk powered by black magic as well?

You are exaggerating things and no Hulk is not powered by black magic or any kind of magic.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why this thread is still going really! It seems fairly simple to me. Hulk submitted himself to Zeus and took a huge beating from a skyfather level being, which isn't really surprising really. If Hulk had got really, really angry, the outcome could have been different. But he didn't so he got hammered.

WELLDONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMAO #REKT sad too see hulk fanboys trying to say he could win or it wasn't that bad of a beat-down

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: I still loved the fight it just goes to show how much of a punishment Hulk could take, most powerhouses would have died to be honest.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: oh i respect hulk as a character that can never die really like a true brick. If i had to be one character in some catastrophic event it would be Hulk because you know he is one of the few that you'll see on the other side

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: A lot of people also don't realize that Hulk wasn't just fighting Zeus. He was literally taking on the Olympus Pantheon solo. Plus, let's not forget that less than 24 hours beforehand he fought against the Chaos King & his legions of demons & gods & monsters, an amped Zom & Abomination. And even before that he went against Hiro-Kala and his forces. Hulk went through all that and still went on the challenge Zeus & the entire Olympian Pantheon, purposely throw the fight, and willing let himself be a sacrifice in order to help those he cared about.

And you're right. I doubt most, if any other beings, would have survived what Hulk withstood during that short span of time. Thor? Nope. Superman? Nope. Thanos? Unlikely, as Odin merely toyed with the Mad Titan & only destroyed a few blocks worth of Asgard in their conflict. Plus, Odin wasn't determined nor ticked. Zeus, on the other hand, was dead set on killing the Hulk and wasn't holding back in amping his own strength & power output while greatly suppressing the Hulk's own.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
    Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite Hulk moment.

Avatar image for worldbreakerhulk
    worldbreakerhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk could have gone worldbreaker. But he has not. Consider it....

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By green_skaar

@atheistknowledge: A lot of people also don't realize that Hulk wasn't just fighting Zeus. He was literally taking on the Olympus Pantheon solo. Plus, let's not forget that less than 24 hours beforehand he fought against the Chaos King & his legions of demons & gods & monsters, an amped Zom & Abomination. And even before that he went against Hiro-Kala and his forces. Hulk went through all that and still went on the challenge Zeus & the entire Olympian Pantheon, purposely throw the fight, and willing let himself be a sacrifice in order to help those he cared about.

And you're right. I doubt most, if any other beings, would have survived what Hulk withstood during that short span of time. Thor? Nope. Superman? Nope. Thanos? Unlikely, as Odin merely toyed with the Mad Titan & only destroyed a few blocks worth of Asgard in their conflict. Plus, Odin wasn't determined nor ticked. Zeus, on the other hand, was dead set on killing the Hulk and wasn't holding back in amping his own strength & power output while greatly suppressing the Hulk's own.

I remember seeing an interview saying no other hero could have taken the beating Hulk did at the hands of Zeus, I wish I could find it...

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar:

http://www.incrediblehulkonline.com/08242011news1.html

Under question number 8.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By HaveAtThee

Zeus and Odin should ALWAYS win against Hulk and Thor. However, Hulk and Thor would most definitely put up a good fight. There's no shame in losing to a Skyfather.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus should not even break a sweat on that fight. He could have just ripped the soul from Bruce and held it before the hulk and said hmmm what next.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By GreenScar1990

Zeus and Odin should ALWAYS win against Hulk and Thor. However, Hulk and Thor would most definitely put up a good fight. There's no shame in losing to a Skyfather.

Indeed. My thoughts exactly.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@renovatio74:

Avengers Assemble....Hulk v Loki

Outcome....Loki Ko'd, Hulk casually remarks.

"Puny God...."

not using Loki and his powers to full. Loki could have done tons of things but his pride got in the way , that fight would not go the same way twice that is for sure.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

compared to what Orphic Zeus can dish out this is peanuts

QueenAnt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is a dumbass character

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By Bezza

man, this thread is still going and bringing more banal comments from the anti Hulk brigade. Hulk got properly beat, we know, every character loses sometime to somebody, so why do people feel the need to keep harping on about it.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Welcome to internet "versus" debates. Pointless and endless.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@sc said:

I laugh, but not out too loudly lol and I am a Hulk fan, and many of my friends are bigger Hulk fans (and this includes some minor 'friends' I met online) than me. My laughter is not directed at them. Plus such things happen to all characters including characters I like more than Hulk. (I think Batman gut kicked Wonder Woman this week too? I laughed there because it was silly) Plus plus plus, I can't help but think Pak did this so in a few months when Hulk destroys Odin, Hercules, Zeus or Thor in a fight he can use the I don't always let the Hulk win excuse, look, he got beat up by Zeus a few months ago... etc

I laugh though because Hulk got to one shot Ares under Pak, beat Hercules so bad his eye was swollen and bruised closed, beat Blackbolt, Dr Strange, crushed Thing, this just a small sample, of the things he got to do during World War Hulk. Pak is a hardcore Hulk fan, and it shows, he treats Hulk really well with many pretty cool storylines, and yet still, so many Hulk fans are now turning on him and some are even calling for him to quit or get fired. Wow. Plus with examples I gave, apparently its okay for Hulk to trash characters and beat them down in a severe fashion, but its not okay for Hulk to receive? Favoritism in its fourth worst form. The worst type of Hulk fanboys are like the worst type of any fanboy, they cheery pick examples to give them a sense of entitlement and they get really righteous and bitter when people deny them of their most indulgent projected fantasies.

Loading Video...

vascillator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alone the fact that some people are surprised about the Hulk getting beaten by a skyfather is ridiculous.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk went through all the olympians before fighting zeus . Not saying that he would've won but he would definitely put up a good fight

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just find it odd a being with the might of Zeus makes the laws the govern the universe. So it would be no contest he would just say the more mad Hulk gets the weaker he becomes and as he is laying in his own drool and cannot move. You cannot win if you do not control reality as the higher powers can do. The Hulk only has muscle on his side. Why would a god even slug it out with him? One reason why Zeus is not used that much in comics is because he is a power house of ability. Odin as well he can stop time and arrange matter energy at will any number of things. They can create worlds at a wim so it would stand to reason that beating the Hulk in any mode world breaker mode or not. As Simple as when they open their eyes in the morning and start the day.

nickyhansard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus 100% should have won.

Hulk didn't seem 100% committed.

Hulk has displayed Skyfather or near Skyfather levels of physical strength/durability/endurance at his MOST powerful (debatable).

Hulk has displayed the best healing factor of anybody in the comics (debatable).

Hulks strength is technically limitless (I'm not sure if that's debatable).

Sky fathers have NEAR limitless power?

Do Skyfathers have a Hulk like healing factor or just incredible durability?

I think the fight should have gone more like this:

Hulk sucker punches Zeus, Zeus flips his shit and punches Hulk through a wall, Zeus pounds his head through the floor repeatedly. Zeus gets up and is all like 'puny Hulk'.

As he is walking away Hulk (as his injuries repair themselves) roars and Zeus gets hit by a pillar or something, there is dust everywhere and as it clears Zeus is just standing there unscathed, so Hulk launches at him landing a few huge surprise punches (massive concussions of energy shoot out from the blows but cause barely any reaction from Zeus).

Zeus knocks Hulk through the floor with hammer fists to the back of the head, picks his face up and knees it for a solid 30 seconds (Hulk's face is unrecognisable), he then stomps on his chest for a few seconds, he then rag dolls Hulk for a few seconds, Hulk is coughing up blood and essentially borderline dead. End of fight.

I'm fine with the birds eating him and him not being able to heal properly, if it's explained it's because they are magical birds.

The last panel shows Zeus in his tower absently massaging his ribs.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 thedailybagel  Moderator

@nickyhansard: hulk wasn't 100% committed, they literally said that in the comic. He just went there to be killed by Zeus as a sacrifice so he would cure the other hulks (who weren't rewarded after the chaos war). That said, whilst I do think a fist fight where hulk was trying would've been closer, he can't beat sky fathers. He isn't powerful enough.

Hulk not healing was because he got hit by zeus's lighting. Hephaestus said that after the fight.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.