Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7765 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

How does everyone here feel about the beating Zeus gave the Hulk?

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By dum529001

You totally ignore what's blatantly true about Hulk while trying to downplay him AND other characters and trying to make his fight with Zeus to be more than what it is.

Also, Thanos is not on the skyfather powerlevel, He's an crazy overrated supervillian who can't be bothered to rely on his own power.Like I said, a good villian but some people tend overate his power even though all he does is gain possession of some cosmic item for crazy goal towards death.

I'm just saying that some people (Hulk haters) will give credit to anyone but Hulk. Some haters may even admit that Hulk is powerful but then add a "but". I say that besides the absolute and supreme God of the marvel universe, Hulk's the strongest there is. No "buts" about it.

Rivaling and surpassing the power of the gods has never stopped the Hulk from being a successful character before so why would it stop him now. Marvel knows how to write the Hulk. Being incrediblely strong but unpredictable is what makes the Hulk a cool character.

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By Kellar21

@dum529001

Hulk has NEVER surpassed a Skyfather(hell ,SS trashes him even in WWH level,guy destroys planets to teach a lesson.

You are trolling.I refuse to believe someone can be this dumb.

Danvidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Danvidar

@dum529001 said:

I'm just saying that some people (Hulk haters) will give credit to anyone but Hulk. Some haters may even admit that Hulk is powerful but then add a "but". I say that besides, Galactus, Death, and Eternity, Hulk's the strongest there is. No "buts" about it.

What is this, you call me a hater just because I dont see Hulk as being able to be beat everyone but those three? Hulk is one of my favorite charachters not due to his powerlevel but due to his sitation and the turmil that comes with being what he is. THAT is what makes Hulk a cool charachter not his strength there are plenty of strongmen in superhero comics but it is the Hulks nature that makes him different and intersting not that he can HULK SMASH everyone.

Avatar image for anthonypilone01
    Anthonypilone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Anthonypilone01

@dum529001: EXACTLY! THANK YOU! i mean when comes to Hulk fighting from your basic supervillians, to standing toe to toes against other gods, Hulk has come a long way. now, I know Hulk can stand toe to toe against a skyfather if he's mad enough. Last time was different because he had much different intentions, rather than wanting to fight Zeus, clearly. Also I am looking forward in seeing Hulk in "indestructible Hulk' series by Mark Waid. it should be able to do hulk justice. I heck I would give to see a rematch if they were to ever make it possible :)

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By BlackWind

Hulk<Skyfathers. End of story

Avatar image for haxter_mcbaxter
    Haxter_Mcbaxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Haxter_Mcbaxter

Zeus would win, screw the "Madder hulk gets, the stronger he gets!", doesn't mean if people don't have that much shear strength, they can still give him a but whoopen, Strength isn't EVERYTHING in a fight, but it is a valuable attribute.

Avatar image for oppagangnamstyle19
    oppagangnamstyle19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well at least hulk beat zeus's monsters

Charlie_Jade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Charlie_Jade

@Manchine said:

Zeus giving Hulk a Beating is how it should be. Zues is that far above him.

true

hsm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By hsm1

Zeus is many, many more times more powerful than Hulk. No matter how angry Hulk gets, there's no chance he's betting Zeus. Hulk is an ant compared to Zeus.

boostergold321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By boostergold321

HULK CAN BE DEFEATED BUT NOT DESTROYED. HOW?

The speed of regeneration has its limit. It take some amount of time, no matter how small, to regenerate.

No matter how fast, It's just biologically impossible to regenerate tissue in no time at all.

All the diverse protein mass is generated from the DNA. The DNA(through the use of RNA) assembles proteins the amino acids, the body's necessary building material, using many different combinations.

For cell health on the superhuman, the power applied to maintain the DNA is what matters. Not how fast the DNA can make it's products.

Without the DNA there is no regeneration. Nobody can grow back form nothing.

Hulk s DNA is fed gamma ray power, as well as increasing a bit in mass and super-densifies that mass to incredible degree with gamma-ray energy, inducing great attraction force between atomic particles, giving it an incredible force of inertia.

I assume Hulk not only sucks up the necessary mass for his DNA but also does so the building material needed for the DNA to build with as well.

The mass that is taken in and assembled by the DNA is then impressed upon with the same degree of density/inertia.

From there, in every cell, all new protein matter with new power is born.

The stronger DNA, the stronger the proteins are that follow.

It's an embryonic process, but in the Hulk's case, accelerated.

I would seem what the Hulk's body(the DNA) builds is as real and functional as the stuff within anyone else's body(except for the superhuman enhancement) but no certainly not naturally occurring. But of course, what is naturally occurring about superpowers in the first place?

HULK DOESN'T BREAK THE RULES

Hulk may be the strongest there is but he doesn't break the laws of biology. Hulk simply improves biology by making it unstoppable. With DNA that's indestructible, regeneration of all that is spawned from it is inevitable.

The same applies to Wolverine, except Wolverine isn't a neverending powerhouse like Hulk. Wolverine's healing power has certainly met it's breaking point or been close to it before. The Hulk, however, never will.

People expecting Hulk to INSTANT healing from everything are being unrealistic. There is no such thing as "INSTANT regeneration" and it isn't the point when it comes to keeping your body alive.

Babies/embryos/fetuses sit in the womb with not everything fully formed. Why is that? it 's because they have body's starting point, the DNA. Where there is DNA, held intact, there is life.

Losing to Zeus does not make the Hulk any less of a powerhouse.

DEFINING A REGENERATIVE HEALING FACTOR?

Surviving great forces, nullifying forces of transmutation, metabolizing foreign substances. All this requires that the DNA stay intact!! That is certainly a superhuman power!! I it's not normal. It's biology on steroids!

What I'm talking about Is completely different from having cells destroyed and multiplying from whatever cell has been untouched. What i'm talking about is keeping yourself in one piece, DNA-wise, despite whatever force come upon you and then regenerating your proteins.

Two question remain:

1. How come another body doesn't grow from what is not destroyed but scattered? Who knows?! it's just a comic book!! They'll always leave details like that out!

2. When suffering head trauma, why doesn't he experience complete memory loss? He can grow his brain tissue back but his memories shouldn't grow back as well.

Also, Wolverine has been shown conserving energy by going into suspended animation. Cutting down on movement in order to stay alive long enough for someone else to help you is for those who aren't unstoppable energy dynamos!

Wolverine(and others) have also shown he needs to eat at some point to keep his power going. But not the Hulk!

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#211  Edited By Rumble Man

Skyfather spanking a bad boy

good enough

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Wolfrazer

Why is this STILL going on? Just let it go already, Hulk got beat. Now build a bridge, and get over it.

blackheart8513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The end result is the HULK has no precieved limit to his raw physical power based off of his bodily structure. It can be said that someone who is equally strong or stronger at the point when Hulk forms could easily beat him if they instantly and continuously hurt him so he has no chance to get angrier. In seeing the fight with Zeus, Zues does not physically hit Hulk, but instead opts for a lightning bolt to start the fight. So with this, yes, someone who can augment thier own powers could potentially raise the limit of their power to be greater than Hulks at any given moment. In my eyes Savage Hulk can not be beat because he has not limitors on him such as feelings or weak emotions or an entity holding his power back (Bruce). Hulk is raw power that only increases and his strength is determined based on the speed at which his anger grows.

Hulk can be beat only because he has never reached his limit of power and really has no way of reaching it because anger only goes so far. He also has no way of instantly unleashing his true power like all the other superpowered beings can. A lot of them received thier immense power from augmentation. Thanos(Infinity Gems), Silver Surfer(Power Cosmic)

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#214  Edited By JJ62

Makes perfect sense to me. Hulk can take on Hercules or Thor, but not their fathers. Too powerful y'know.

Brusier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol You all know BRUCE wasn't trying to fight back, right? That he was trying to sacrifice himself, right? He stood there and took zeus' punches, even when zeus stopped hitting BRUCE, he just stood there and took the beating. Its lots of hints of him not trying to beat the sense into zues but yet people still think zeus beat hulk with no problem. Wow, that shows people don't read.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was well deserved.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brusier said:

Lol You all know BRUCE wasn't trying to fight back, right? That he was trying to sacrifice himself, right? He stood there and took zeus' punches, even when zeus stopped hitting BRUCE, he just stood there and took the beating. Its lots of hints of him not trying to beat the sense into zues but yet people still think zeus beat hulk with no problem. Wow, that shows people don't read.

lol he didn't stood and took beating, Hulk is less than an ant to Zeus, he was literaly stepped on in that fight.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#219  Edited By seekquaze

@brusier said:

No, we read it. It just doesn't change anything. Hulk's standard strength level when enraged is maybe slightly above Thor or Hercules. Zeus and Odin have constantly easily overpowered their sons. Thor has stated Odin is more powerful than all other Asgardians combined. Zeus is supposed to be equal to Odin. Hulk has been defeated plenty of times by beings more powerful than him and 9/10 operates on the level of Thor and Hercules. Ergo, Zeus is far more powerful than the Hulk in every way so Hulk cannot do anything to him. Plus, if Zeus can mess with the Hulk's healing factor we have no reason to think he cannot do so when Hulk is trying. So Hulk has no way to win a direct fight.

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Takao0815

Zeus was not even defeated by Thor?

Most of Hulk versions would probably not have a chance against Zeus.

But worlds breaker should make it easier.

Fin Fang Foom will be yet become strong enough by his desire to defeat on the earth at all.

For the Hulk, he was not a problem despite Power UP.

And Zeus was located at the time of the desire on earth.

@boostergold321

Hulk's regeneration is DNA independent.

Transformation into glas transformation into stone.

Complete destruction of his body.

Everything was already there.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian:

To say that Hulk is less than an ant to Zeus is nothing short of retarded(sorry if it offends you but your statement was just that stupid) because i don't expect an ant to knock a God on his ass.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj said:

@bigcimmerian:

To say that Hulk is less than an ant to Zeus is nothing short of retarded(sorry if it offends you but your statement was just that stupid) because i don't expect an ant to knock a God on his ass.

He's less than an ant.

No Caption Provided

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#223  Edited By Teerack

In Marvel even without the sky father force in them Gods get more and more powerful as they get older, so it makes sense for him to be so strong. It wasn't post WWH so it's not even relevant anymore so I don't care. Only thing that's annoying about it is when people try to compare it to a modern Hulk.

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is not The Thanos the End?

Where is Zeus fled.

And the others all-fathers were killed?

From one of the Celestial Order.

Hulk made ​​the attacks of the Celestial Order of nothing.

@raynorj said:

@bigcimmerian:

He's less than an ant.

No Caption Provided

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is Zeus fled.

@bigcimmerian said:

@raynorj said:

@bigcimmerian:

He's less than an ant.

No Caption Provided

Ummm what?

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
    MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZEUSSMASH!

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takao0815 said:

Where is Zeus fled.

@bigcimmerian said:

@raynorj said:

@bigcimmerian:

He's less than an ant.

No Caption Provided

Ummm what?

Akhenaten killed Horus and 5 others Allvatar.Zeus and Thor managed to escape.

Akhenaten was a member of the Celestial Order. Thanos and the defenders fought against other members of the Order. Dr. Strang and Namor Were killed with an attack. Hulk on the attacks of the Order had no discernible effect. Hulk's greatest performance in terms of invulnerability.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm still digging it.

Dan36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I totally agree that Hulk couldn't defeat Zeus, but he could at least slap or punched Zeus in the face before getting knocked out

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found it quite funny :D

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing I have noticed over the years whenever this fight is brought up are two major issues:

1. Did Hulk throw the fight or did he go in there knowing he was going to lose?

Either way it him sacrificing himself for his family which the issue does support, but they key point tends to be debated. I have noticed Hulk fans like to go with the idea that Hulk threw the fight. It creates the possibility Hulk could have done much better, but chose not to. The main argument against this is it tends to be against the Hulk's nature and nothing in Zeus' entire history suggest something like that would impress him.

The other idea of Hulk knowing Zeus was too much to him, but hoping that by showing courage he could impress Zeus by putting him a decent fight and a willingness to fight a hopeless battle. This interpretation makes things worse for the Hulk because if he was trying in the fight he could not land a single blow aside from a sucker punch.

2. Did Zeus cheat?

This is based on a vague agreement. It is made clear Zeus could use lighting to easily incinerate the Hulk. Hulk calls him a coward and Zeus says "On your terms beast." This tends to be interpreted as either an up close and personal fist fight with no other powers or an up close and personal fight with other powers as long as they are channel through the fists. Other characters besides skyfathers have shown the ability to either amp their strength or surround their fists with energy to increase the power of the blow.'

Hulk fans tend to go with the first interpretation. The claim is Hulk would have done better and might have been able to defeat Zeus if it was a purely physical brawl. If Zeus did cheat then it makes the Hulk look better and still the strongest since Zeus had to resort to his other powers to win. I admit one problem I have with this viewpoint is if Hulk threw the fight then how could he have done better if Zeus had used purely physical strength? Hulk would only possibly look better in this scenario if he was willing to fight back to some extent.

Other readers tend to go with the former explanation. Zeus agreed to an up close and personal fist fight and that is what Hulk got. Nothing was said about using other powers. Why should Zeus limit himself so? Hulk's dynamic strength and healing. Aren't those extra powers that Hulk channels through his fists?

Which interpretations you go with seem to depend on where you stand in relation to the Hulk.

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Zeus deceived?

No.

Hulk has tried to defeat him?

No.

Had this Hulk version a real chance against Zeus?

No.

Is there Hulk version could have won?

Yes

Hulk was already defeated by weaker than Zeus?

yes

Hulk has already had enemies who were stronger than Zeus?

yes

Was he so against anyone ever successfully?

yes

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hardank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Hardank

After the defeat of the King of Chaos and recreation of the universe by Hercules Super-God, a dejected and broken Bruce Banner Hercules would ask him to use his magic to "fix" his family. Hercules explains that when he recreated the universe was guided by a higher wisdom, and that if things were recreated so, it was because it had to be. Dejected morally, Bruce Banner would not settle for this and go against the most powerful god in charge, God could possibly cure and end the suffering of his family of Hulks ... Hulk would then go against the reborn Mount Olympus, facing his step-the Olympian gods! Ignoring the power of the King of the Seas Poseidon, the Arrows of Artemis goddess of the hunt, the extreme cold of Boreas, and the scorching heat of Apollo would attack with the power of the sun! But nothing would stop the Hulk who defeating the Olympian gods and monsters and leveling, up to the present, Sky-Father Zeus. Which greet the boldness and power of Hulk with powerful and huge lightning!.

• The power of the lightning is not to be compared to a normal lightning, this is the very essence of the power of the Olympic Sky-Father. Gift of the mythical Cyclops of Zeus Thunderbolt is equivalent to the Odin-Power, and is what makes Zeus the most powerful of the Olympian gods and an entity that could rival the power of Odin.

But even the power of the Sky-Father does not kill Hulk, still raise challenging, demanding to Zeus a debt for helping to restore their power during the war against Chaos King. Zeus would not accede to the request of Hulk and taking it as a challenge, Zeus face Hulk in hand to hand combat. Hulk's first blow would send the King of gods to fly, but the counterattack of Zeus would be brutal, confrontation shake the entire New Mount Olympus! Zeus eventually would rise to victory. Defeated Hulk suffer the same punishment as Prometheus, chained and bound to be delayed by vultures. Three days would suffer Hulk with strength and healing power diminished, until it would eventually rescued.

• Far from being this a defeat, is an extraordinary example of the incredible Hulk strength and power. If we take as a reference to Odin, some Sky-Father held Marvel can overcome almost any being other than a major cosmic entity as Eternity. Zeus is possibly a destroyer of galaxies as Odin. Zeus has just returned from the "death" and with all his power and glory.
    • Hulk demolition and Zeus command to fly a powerful and unexpected blow just intended to provoke. Hulk did not even try to fight really, somehow believed that if left to kill (self-sacrifice) by Zeus, this would give him the "cure" to his family that he was severely injured in Chaos War and who bear the "curse" of be Hulks. This course of action would be rare in Hulk, but not Bruce Banner who was really desperate .... Because of the power of Zeus Hulk "fight" with his strength and healing power decreased to 7% of its capacity, and yet survived the brutal punishment of Zeus which can increase their physical abilities to levels unattainable for almost any being. Hulk has been shown to achieve much higher levels of power in other incarnations as the Worldbreaker.
    • Personally I think it really would be very difficult even for Hulk beat a Sky-Father Zeus Marvel as these beings are beyond any scale, but theoretically agree that Hulk could do given its dynamic strength factor. Anyway, this is an extraordinary example of the power of the Hulk he could and could possibly face a Sky-Father!. But when you consider when Hulk defeated and surpassed that Onslaught is conceivable that Hulk has a better chance to beat a Sky-Father.

Onslaught's armor was created with the hope that it could never be destroyed (not by The Celestial), a power that can alter reality itself, and he had just missed the combined power of Earth's heroes ... the Savage Hulk accomplished the impossible. Knowing the infinite power of Onslaught, Hulk Jean Grey would ask to "turn off" the personality of Bruce Banner, the side that keeps its awesome power under control. Jean removes the influence and Banner limiting letting out a Wild-Hulk without restrictions!. Only the savage Hulk unlimited force rival the unlimited power of Onslaught. Each strike unleashed by the jade giant Onslaught more power would be so powerful that brave and powerful heroes of the planet would have to fight to get closer to the titanic combatants. Unlimited powers faced in a bout of such beings would be the monumental Hulk force which would be imposed, achieving destroy the indestructible!!.

• Onslaught (whose power could rival the mighty Celestial) possessed powers combined with Professor Xavier and Magneto had already defeated all the heroes of the planet. Now had added the powers of Franklin Richards and X-Man (Nathaniel Grey) two of the most powerful mutants in the universe!!. He had now reached almost omnipotence and was able to alter reality itself on a universal scale!. His power was potentially infinite, capable of rivaling a cosmic entity! But it was surpassed by Hulk who opened the way for their eventual defeat.

If we consider that Odin is the most powerful Sky-father, we saw earlier that Odin is not at the level of a heavenly and I think the Destroyer to rival the Celestials. And yet, he could not. Now, many villains and high level enemies have always said that Hulk has the energy and power to give you an advantage over the Celestials.

No known limits Hulk strength ... apparently his strength is unlimited. Even beings as powerful as The Beyonder (The Almighty) or cosmic entities as The Stranger have said that Hulk is an infinite power or strength is virtually limitless.

In El Dorado (Peru), stood The Flame of Life, a device created by the deviants, with intent to resist and rival the power of the powerful Heavenly!. In a fit of anger the Savage Hulk destroyed the tower built to withstand the power of those Cosmic Gods!.

Now instead of giving your own arguments and the use of a solitary image to give credence to your opinion, it is best that you refrain. Since we all know that this battle was just a Hulk self-sacrifice to save his family, had no desire to fight. Besides its power was diminished and stand all the Power of Zeus which is a Destroyer of Galaxies and altering Reality.

World-War Hulk can beat a Sky-Father as Odin and Zeus ... with ease. World-Breaker Hulk I consider that this incarnation is able to cope with the Celestials.

Over the years, many different incarnations of the Hulk, what makes them different? Or what unites them? Taking a look at the different incarnations of Hulk understand a little of the character's psyche, and as well we will draw answers to some apparent inconsistencies as stages that Hulk has been able to breathe in space or underwater.

Also the different levels of forces, limited by Banner's reasoning. Almost all Hulks have unlimited power capacity, but the same capacity or speed to achieve the same strength exponential increase. Each incarnation has the same potential to achieve the same level of strength, but each incarnation begins with a different base strength level.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hardank said:

After the defeat of the King of Chaos and recreation of the universe by Hercules Super-God, a dejected and broken Bruce Banner Hercules would ask him to use his magic to "fix" his family. Hercules explains that when he recreated the universe was guided by a higher wisdom, and that if things were recreated so, it was because it had to be. Dejected morally, Bruce Banner would not settle for this and go against the most powerful god in charge, God could possibly cure and end the suffering of his family of Hulks ... Hulk would then go against the reborn Mount Olympus, facing his step-the Olympian gods! Ignoring the power of the King of the Seas Poseidon, the Arrows of Artemis goddess of the hunt, the extreme cold of Boreas, and the scorching heat of Apollo would attack with the power of the sun! But nothing would stop the Hulk who defeating the Olympian gods and monsters and leveling, up to the present, Sky-Father Zeus. Which greet the boldness and power of Hulk with powerful and huge lightning!.

• The power of the lightning is not to be compared to a normal lightning, this is the very essence of the power of the Olympic Sky-Father. Gift of the mythical Cyclops of Zeus Thunderbolt is equivalent to the Odin-Power, and is what makes Zeus the most powerful of the Olympian gods and an entity that could rival the power of Odin.

But even the power of the Sky-Father does not kill Hulk, still raise challenging, demanding to Zeus a debt for helping to restore their power during the war against Chaos King. Zeus would not accede to the request of Hulk and taking it as a challenge, Zeus face Hulk in hand to hand combat. Hulk's first blow would send the King of gods to fly, but the counterattack of Zeus would be brutal, confrontation shake the entire New Mount Olympus! Zeus eventually would rise to victory. Defeated Hulk suffer the same punishment as Prometheus, chained and bound to be delayed by vultures. Three days would suffer Hulk with strength and healing power diminished, until it would eventually rescued.

• Far from being this a defeat, is an extraordinary example of the incredible Hulk strength and power. If we take as a reference to Odin, some Sky-Father held Marvel can overcome almost any being other than a major cosmic entity as Eternity. Zeus is possibly a destroyer of galaxies as Odin. Zeus has just returned from the "death" and with all his power and glory.
    • Hulk demolition and Zeus command to fly a powerful and unexpected blow just intended to provoke. Hulk did not even try to fight really, somehow believed that if left to kill (self-sacrifice) by Zeus, this would give him the "cure" to his family that he was severely injured in Chaos War and who bear the "curse" of be Hulks. This course of action would be rare in Hulk, but not Bruce Banner who was really desperate .... Because of the power of Zeus Hulk "fight" with his strength and healing power decreased to 7% of its capacity, and yet survived the brutal punishment of Zeus which can increase their physical abilities to levels unattainable for almost any being. Hulk has been shown to achieve much higher levels of power in other incarnations as the Worldbreaker.
    • Personally I think it really would be very difficult even for Hulk beat a Sky-Father Zeus Marvel as these beings are beyond any scale, but theoretically agree that Hulk could do given its dynamic strength factor. Anyway, this is an extraordinary example of the power of the Hulk he could and could possibly face a Sky-Father!. But when you consider when Hulk defeated and surpassed that Onslaught is conceivable that Hulk has a better chance to beat a Sky-Father.

Onslaught's armor was created with the hope that it could never be destroyed (not by The Celestial), a power that can alter reality itself, and he had just missed the combined power of Earth's heroes ... the Savage Hulk accomplished the impossible. Knowing the infinite power of Onslaught, Hulk Jean Grey would ask to "turn off" the personality of Bruce Banner, the side that keeps its awesome power under control. Jean removes the influence and Banner limiting letting out a Wild-Hulk without restrictions!. Only the savage Hulk unlimited force rival the unlimited power of Onslaught. Each strike unleashed by the jade giant Onslaught more power would be so powerful that brave and powerful heroes of the planet would have to fight to get closer to the titanic combatants. Unlimited powers faced in a bout of such beings would be the monumental Hulk force which would be imposed, achieving destroy the indestructible!!.

• Onslaught (whose power could rival the mighty Celestial) possessed powers combined with Professor Xavier and Magneto had already defeated all the heroes of the planet. Now had added the powers of Franklin Richards and X-Man (Nathaniel Grey) two of the most powerful mutants in the universe!!. He had now reached almost omnipotence and was able to alter reality itself on a universal scale!. His power was potentially infinite, capable of rivaling a cosmic entity! But it was surpassed by Hulk who opened the way for their eventual defeat.

If we consider that Odin is the most powerful Sky-father, we saw earlier that Odin is not at the level of a heavenly and I think the Destroyer to rival the Celestials. And yet, he could not. Now, many villains and high level enemies have always said that Hulk has the energy and power to give you an advantage over the Celestials.

No known limits Hulk strength ... apparently his strength is unlimited. Even beings as powerful as The Beyonder (The Almighty) or cosmic entities as The Stranger have said that Hulk is an infinite power or strength is virtually limitless.

In El Dorado (Peru), stood The Flame of Life, a device created by the deviants, with intent to resist and rival the power of the powerful Heavenly!. In a fit of anger the Savage Hulk destroyed the tower built to withstand the power of those Cosmic Gods!.

Now instead of giving your own arguments and the use of a solitary image to give credence to your opinion, it is best that you refrain. Since we all know that this battle was just a Hulk self-sacrifice to save his family, had no desire to fight. Besides its power was diminished and stand all the Power of Zeus which is a Destroyer of Galaxies and altering Reality.

World-War Hulk can beat a Sky-Father as Odin and Zeus ... with ease. World-Breaker Hulk I consider that this incarnation is able to cope with the Celestials.

Over the years, many different incarnations of the Hulk, what makes them different? Or what unites them? Taking a look at the different incarnations of Hulk understand a little of the character's psyche, and as well we will draw answers to some apparent inconsistencies as stages that Hulk has been able to breathe in space or underwater.

Also the different levels of forces, limited by Banner's reasoning. Almost all Hulks have unlimited power capacity, but the same capacity or speed to achieve the same strength exponential increase. Each incarnation has the same potential to achieve the same level of strength, but each incarnation begins with a different base strength level.

Yep. Hulk's power knows no bounds.

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am the biggest hulk fan ever and I think hulk should have won

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By RisingBean

@hulksmash134: I'm a pretty damn big Hulk fan and I am happy he lost.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@hulksmash134: I have been a Hulk fan for nearly 30 years and I can tell you no he shouldn't have.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By dum529001

I am the biggest hulk fan ever and I think hulk should have won

@hulksmash134: I'm a pretty damn big Hulk fan and I am happy he lost.

My response to these two comments:

While i'm glad Hulk didn't beat Zeus, he really should have given the fact that Hulk has shown power and mathced opponnets on Zeus' level or greater. Hulk has proved that plenty of times.

Hulk was able to heal fast enough to have magical birds eat at him for three days of so that is impressive despite his strength being drained by Zeus.

I don't really consider Hulk being layed ot that much of a loss. A loss by knockout but not really a big loss. I think the point of this story is that as unstoppable as Hulk is, he can at least be knocked out.

Hulk's healing factor was slowed and that's understandable. When you're healing, the most invisible yet vital parts are the first thing that are being taken care of, and that's called the DNA. I'm sure Banner/Hulk's DNA had no problem staying intact but healing protein tissues isn't as easy, espescially when your suffering from a magical attack from a galaxy-busting king of the greek gods.

Brusier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: Comic vine is a big hulk hating website. Its millions of threads downplaying hulk on this site but I like you a lot cuz you understand what hulk is all about. Ignore the haters on this site what you said about hulk is all the proof they need. To everyone else that believes hulk "lost" or "should've lost", What makes you a hater of hulk isn't just from you not liking hulk cuz he's strong but what definitely makes you a hater of hulk is when you give facts and you still try to deny everything. Everyone here can say what they want about the hulk but everyone knows that hulk didn't fight back at all. Zeus is strong but hulk knows he can beat gods.

No Caption Provided

Hulk didn't "lose" he didn't try to fight, he hit him one time just to get Zeus started and the rest was just hulk letting zeus beat on him. I heard every argument known to man about this but in the end its fact. . .

No Caption Provided

This page is all you need to prove that hulk wasn't trying to fight him. You can add science into it, you can jump all around it but its fact. Zeus accepted the request that hulk wanted but in the end still showed sympathy for hulk. Everything else is irrelevant and im pretty sure if Zeus let hulk beat on him Hulk would have done alot worse then just coughing up blood Lol it'd be like Chaos king all over again Lol. Plus that was even hulk it was bruce controlling hulk and still survived Lol

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brusier: If you are trying to use the image of Hulk and a bloody Hercules as prove that Hulk can beat gods it doesn't work. In that issue Hercules had been depowered to demigod levels with his strength and durability severely reduced. So that image is not proof that Hulk can defeat gods. Hulk can defeat lower level gods like Ares and the Warriors Three. I admit that, but the higher level ones are another matter.

And you got some of your facts wrong. This was supposed to be "Gravage Hulk," which is an intelligent version of the Hulk. Banner was not controlling the Hulk. If Zeus had let Hulk beat up on him you have no evidence it would hurt Zeus. Zeus has taken blows from Thor without flinching and beyond the rare circumstance Hulk's strength is about on Thor's level. Was Hulk trying to fight back? There is evidence both ways. If Hulk was not fighting back he is a complete fool because he should know that Zeus is not the type of god to respect that. If Hulk was trying to fight back and failing Zeus might have respected his valor. That other page you posted about Zeus and Hulk proves nothing.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seekquaze: Hulk can beat gods and vice versa. He can't beat Sky father level but he can beat guys like Thor and Hercules and has done so before. I know some people are tired of the madder Hulk get's the stronger he is but that it is a given fact and in Hulks and Hercs many slugfests, Hulk is usually the one to come on top even when fighting Herc together with other heroes.

Hulk can't win against Zeus, but it is obvious he didn't fight Zeus back even Zeus acknowledges that he came here to sacrifice himself so he would bring his family which was a mistake on Hulks part as Zeus notes because he got the wrong religion and Zeus respects strength. However on top of that Zeus cheated because the fight was suppose to be a straight up slugfest but Zeus clearly used magic and lightning to amp his strength/blows and hinder Hulks healing factor.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By seekquaze

@raynorj said:

@seekquaze: Hulk can beat gods and vice versa. He can't beat Sky father level but he can beat guys like Thor and Hercules and has done so before. I know some people are tired of the madder Hulk get's the stronger he is but that it is a given fact and in Hulks and Hercs many slugfests, Hulk is usually the one to come on top even when fighting Herc together with other heroes.

Hulk can't win against Zeus, but it is obvious he didn't fight Zeus back even Zeus acknowledges that he came here to sacrifice himself so he would bring his family which was a mistake on Hulks part as Zeus notes because he got the wrong religion and Zeus respects strength. However on top of that Zeus cheated because the fight was suppose to be a straight up slugfest but Zeus clearly used magic and lightning to amp his strength/blows and hinder Hulks healing factor.

The Hulk is odd and in a way kind of like Thor. How effective he is depends on the circumstances. Thor can face the same powerful opponent with and without teammates. If he does not have teammates he can defeat it on his own. If he has them suddenly he cannot defeat the same guy. Hulk is a bit of the opposite. If he faces a top-tier like Hercules the two can have a long, drawn out battle with no victor even if the Hulk's strength is supposed to be increasing throughout. If Hercules is fighting the Hulk with other guys the same thing happens.

And I am still not sold on Hulk did not try at all to fight back. There are several ways one can "sacrifice oneself." If a hero were to enter a fight to delay the enemy in a hopeless battle they can still fight back, but sacrifice themselves since it is a battle they cannot win. Hulk and Banner would know at least the basics of Zeus from mythology and past dealings with Hercules. The idea that the Hulk would stand there while Zeus pounds on him would not impress the skyfather. If Hulk were trying to fight back, but ultimately outmatched Zeus might be impressed by the Hulk's courage. Either way Hulk was not going to get what he wanted because the way he approached Zeus and everything Hulk only served to piss Zeus off.

And I don't think Zeus cheated either. The vague agreement was that the two would engage in a fight fight. That is exactly what Zeus gave him. There was no agreement to not use any other powers. Hulk was free to still use his dynamic strength to "amp his strength/blows" and to heal. Those are Hulk's advantages in a physical fight. Zeus used his own innate powers. If Hulk is free to amp his strength why not Zeus? And since the agreement was only a fist fight and Zeus channeled his powers through his fists then he kept his word.

From Zeus' point of view I am sure he considered himself very generous. The Hulk breaks into his house, beats up his servants, and starts issuing demands. Zeus would have been well withing his rights to incinerate Hulk then and there for the intrusion and disrespect. Instead, Zeus honors the Hulk by lowering himself to fight on a physical level despite the Hulk sucker punching him.

Of course, you are also left with the rarer idea that Zeus did not hinder the Hulk's healing factor with magic. He simply hit the Hulk so hard he overwhelmed it and it took a while for it to get going at full strength again.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#246  Edited By GreenScar1990

@seekquaze: I hardly see it the way you do. Zeus sending powerful gods (Poseidon, Apollo, Artemis, Boreas) and monsters (Centaurs, Titan-Cyclopes, Gorgons and various formidable mystical beasts) in order to stop the Hulk as hardly servants. And Pak stated in a interview that Zeus didn't keep his word and that the Sky-Father didn't merely use physical strength to overwhelm the Hulk in their confrontation, having used vast powerful mystical energies, his signature mystical lightning and mystically amping his strength to the utmost levels in order to inflict harm on the Hulk, who even told his family to leave before they would ruin everything.

It was also made clear by Pak that Hulk wasn't there to fight nor win, but that's not to say he couldn't win, for this is comics after all. I mean, if Thanos can become Omniverse Supreme in Marvel: The End, then anything is possible. It all depends on the writer and the circumstances, but when it comes to comics anything is possible. But it was made clear several instances that Hulk wasn't fighting back and was allowing himself to get pummeled in a attempt to sacrifice himself. This was something that both Hera & Zeus acknowledged.

I even got the link to one of these interviews if you want it.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By green_skaar

@seekquaze:

I even got the link to one of these interviews if you want it.

I'd like a link please, thank you.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Wow, this thread is still rumbling on and on... look, I've been a hulk fan for over 30 years and I don't have a problem with him losing to Zeus. I'd have liked him to put up a fight, but hey he didn't so that's that. You can't win every battle, Hulk wins more than he loses but Zeus is supposed to be a top end character! Hulk fans and haters for that matter, deal with it, get over it and move on!

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Here's one of them, dude.

http://www.incrediblehulkonline.com/08242011news1.html

I couldn't find the others, but I know that there was 2-3 more than go more in-depth on the subject. There's always asking Greg Pak via Twitter on giving a detailed explanation as well. But, like I said, in comics anything is possible. Even Sky-Fathers can be killed. And if Hulk was enraged and possessed a weapon capable of slaying gods, something akin to the Odinword, Mjolnir, etc. he could definitely get the job done.

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk got stomped and that is how it should be. Zeus is far beyond Hulk in terms of power. I'd like to see Hulk try to take on Zeus again he'd just get destroyed again.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.