Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

How does everyone here feel about the beating Zeus gave the Hulk?

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By seekquaze

@dum529001 said:

ALRIGHT, LET ME TELL IT LIKE IT IS:

Understand that just because the Hulk doesn't have energy projection as his main feature does not make him powerless. He tends to fight in close-quarters instead of long distance(unless we mention the level of gamma power that the Hulk reaches at his "World Breaker" level).

Even so, The Hulk's power is devastating as the Surfer's, whether he can fight from a distance with energy projection or not. We all know the Hulk's strength has no need for energy projection becauae his power has no bounds. The Hulk doesn't need energy projection as weapon since he has close-quarters gamma-fist smashing.

Stop playing semantic word-games with the words "strength" and "power". I think you mean "power" and "ability" since the Hulk main feature is raw gamma-power applied to the short sistance power of the fist and not gamma-power applied towards energy projection from long distance range.

I never said the Hulk was powerless. Depending in the situation determines whether or not Hulk is poweless. 9/10 the Hulk's strength is about equal or a bit superior to the Silver Surfer. The Silver Surfer is more powerful for the same reason Thor is often called more powerful than the Hulk. They are physically as tough as he is or close enough that their other powers more than make up the difference. If an alien space ship or two shows up and starts raining nukes down upon Earth's major cities at the same dime Hulk is pretty much powerless to stop it. It is questionable if he could even reach the spaceship let alone get past its defenses let alone stop the nuclear missiles. Thor and Surfer more than likely can since they can both fly really fast and have long-distance attacks allowing them to take out the missiles and ships from a distance. Closer quarters is useful only if an enemy decides to fight in in close quarters. Hulk is powerless to stop characters from sending him away or truly defending himself from long distance attacks.

And I am not playing semantic word games. Strength, power, and abilities are often used interchangeable, but there are different times. A person could be physically as weak as any vanilla mortal, but have energy powers that can punch through mountains and kill a top-tier character. That character is very powerful, but in that one-way and a way different from physically based characters. That doesn't even begin to enter more vague uses of the term "power" like brain power, political power, or power from wealth. Banner himself is very weak, but can whip up highly advanced devices that allow a normal human to survive blows from physically powerful beings.

@dum529001 said:

Due to Hulk's powerset he can't just be made to disappear into oblivion by someone powerful enough. Do you know why?

One Question: Do you think Eternity, the living embodiment of the Marvel universe, time, life, etc, could make the Hulk disappear into oblivion is the Hulk did not want to go? Yes or no?

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152  Edited By dum529001

The Hulk could not be stopped by any less than an all-encompassing, an all-powerful deity, the maker of all creation, God. Only deification representation God, Lord of the universe is greater than the Hulk. All the creatures that simply call themselves "gods" are still technically mortal, even if they are truly immortal power, immune to death in sny and every way, feed of the forces of nature which allows them to continually increase their powers. An all-powerful being has no need to increase his power since he already is and has all powers in his hand, not needing to draw from power like a thirst man draw water from a well.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By dum529001

@seekquaze. Here's a few questions for you: According to Hulk' s power set, is he powerless to stand up forces as strong as him or stronger? Does Hulk's gamma-empowered physiology grow to the same measure as his stress? Is nuclear power limitless? Does Hulk power set let him survive through any force except omnipotence?

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154  Edited By seekquaze

@dum529001 said:

The Hulk could not be stopped by any less than an all-encompassing, an all-powerful deity, the maker of all creation, God. Only deification representation God, Lord of the universe is greater than the Hulk. All the creatures that simply call themselves "gods" are still technically mortal, even if they are truly immortal power, immune to death in sny and every way, feed of the forces of nature which allows them to continually increase their powers. An all-powerful being has no need to increase his power since he already is and has all powers in his hand, not needing to draw from power like a thirst man draw water from a well.

Thanks, this response told me all I need to know about your feelings on the Hulk even though the Hulk has been stopped by far less.

@dum529001 said:

@seekquaze. Here's a few questions for you: According to Hulk' s power set, is he powerless to stand up forces as strong as him or stronger? Does Hulk's gamma-empowered physiology grow to the same measure as his stress? Is nuclear power limitless? Does Hulk power set let him survive through any force except omnipotence?

1. Powerles to stand up to forces greater than him? No, every character can do that.

2. Accepting your second as fact the question is then raised can what the Hulk feels reach a limit. Since many comic readers say yes then the Hulk has a limit.

3. Nuclear power is not limitless.

4. No, other forces besides omnipotence can destroy the Hulk.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#155  Edited By soduh2

@dum529001: Molecules make polimers which make cells.and they rebuild at a cellular level,cells produce molecules,they just don't appear out of nowere.So if someone stop his cells from working(mess with atoms,turns them into sand),There won't be any molecules being produced.So intantaneous transmutation works,it's instantenous and it leaves no remaininig original tissue to regenerate.

This point is kind of important. Your response about the composition of Hulk's cells are a non-factor here.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By dum529001

@soduh. Stop playing word-games. Atoms make up molecules and molecules make up cells. You simply refuse to accept what been stated about Hulk from his very beginings. Maybe you haven't been reading comics long enough to know and if so then I'll give you a little sample: Post by GreenScar1990 (3 posts) See mini bio Level 3 Follow Send a PM @seekquaze said: @GreenScar1990 said: Hulk is the Strongest One There Is. Only Celestials, Galactus, Eternity, Infinity, Death, Oblivion and the other top Cosmic Entities out class him. Thanos, Surfer, and Thor? They're on Hulk's level. But he's more physically powerful than any of them and equal to them in other departments. If cosmic beings out class the Hulk in the physical strength department than the claim to being the "strongest one there is" must be hyberbole correct? And how is he equal to Thanos, Surfer, and Thor in other departments beyond the physical? Energy projection? Fighting skills? Intelligence? Cunning? Political influence? I believe beings like Eternity, Infinity, Galactus, Death, Oblivion, The Celestials are in a catergory all by themselves in terms of power. Then again, it depends on what form of power. When it comes to physical power and raw energy power, Hulk is virutally limitless in these areas. In other words, Hulk is at the top of MU when it comes down to it. Energy projection? Casually destroying multiple planets within the Dark Dimension, and threatening the entire dimension which Umar was helpless to stop, isn't impressive? How about Gray Hulk, the weakest incarnation, destroying an asteroid twice the size of Earth in a single blow? Intelligence? One of the smartest men on the planet, rivaling and comparable to the likes of Reed Richards, Dr. Doom, Dr. Hank Pym and Tony Stark isn't impressive either? Cunning and fighting skills? Have you not looked at Hulk's impressive 50 year history? Look how many battles he's been in and come out on top! Outsmarting Dr. Doom, Reed Richards, The Leader, MODOK, and Hank Pym isn't cunning enough for you? Isn't that enough proof? I'll give you some examples. The Hulk's reputation is nothing less than, "The strongest there is." And few are more qualified than General Thunderbolt Ross to describe the Hulk's strength. "Those of you who do know me know that I'm not one for melodrama -- so you'll believe me when I tell you that the Hulk is arguably the most powerful -- and dangerous -- creature to ever walk the Earth!" From Rampaging Hulk #1: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...pagingHul... Army scientist, Dr. Zaxon describes Hulk's vast power as immeasurable. "I can hardly believe these readings! He's a veritable blast furnace of limitless organic energy! There is no way to even measure is strength!" From Tales to Astonish #78: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...ect02TTA0... Doc Sampson reinforces this with his own battery of tests, "There truly seems to be no limit to the Hulk's strength!" From Incredible Hulk #228: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...spect03a2... Even the mutated super-genius, Leader, realizes, "The tests are worthless! There's no way to measure his strength! There is nothing he cannot do! I cannot build a device powerful enough to test him with!" From Tales to Astonish #73: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...ing04TTA0... Henry Gyrich debriefs members of the Initiative and reveals that the Hulk is "The original omega level threat." From Avengers Initiative #5: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...Initiativ... Wolverine personally recounts, "It's like he hits ya so damn hard ya actually leave your own body. It's when ya come back that ya feel the pain. An' ya realize yer goin' toe-to-toe with a walkin' earthquake." From Wolverine Origins #28: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...neOrigins... Siryn compares the Hulk to Juggernaut and Deadpool retorts, "The Juggernaut? Compared to the Hulk?! You oughta lay off the glue for a while, babe... it's messing up your perceptions," from Deadpool #4: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...12Deadpoo... Unfortunately, recognition of the Hulk's power can lead to equal amounts of fear. Such is evident in Reed Richards' rationalization for banishing him, "Time and time again, your anger and power have threatened the entire planet. . . . But for your sake and ours, we're sending you away." From Incredible Hulk vol.2 #92: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...spect19v2... Even his perennial foe, Namor, understood the consequences as he warns the Illuminati of Hulk's inevitable wrath in New Avengers: Illuminati #1: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...Illuminat... That same fear led Tony Stark to specifically invent the power-inhibiting S.P.I.N. technology as revealed in Avengers Initiative #4 and the Superheavy Cell, "a liquid with programmable density" that would be like "dropping raw tonnage on their backs," as revealed in Fear Itself #7.3. But even Stark understands it would only hold him for a little while anyway: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...Initiativ... i388.photobucket.com/albums/...earItself... Nevertheless, his oldest friend, Rick Jones, has never lost faith in the hero inside the monster, even during his rampage in World War Hulk #4: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...pect23aWW... And most of the Avengers hold a deep respect for Hulk, especially the big three: Captain America, Iron Man and Thor. From Incredible Hulk #277: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...espect052... Thor, in particular, reveals to the Hulk (possessed by Nul the Breaker of Worlds), "I cannot beat you. You know. And I never could." From Fear Itself #5: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...FearItsel... And Cap's remarks during Avengers Vs X-Men #11 say it all, "You know I respect you and your space and I would never come to you unless I was at the end of my rope. . . . I need more firepower. . . . I know you only fight a fight worth fighting. And I'm telling you this is one of those fights. If we lose this we lose everything. Will you help us? Please." i388.photobucket.com/albums/...pect26AvX... The American public is also well-aware of the Hulk's power. "There is not a man or woman here who has not heard of the Incredible Hulk... who has not seen -- in newspapers, magazines, on national television news broadcasts -- the images of his power... his unmatched talent for sheer destruction." From Incredible Hulk vol.2 #2: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...espect14v... The Hulk is famous internationally as well. The Crimson Dynamo remarks, "Though I have heard it said in awed whispers that not even Iron Man and his fellow Avengers have ever prevailed against the Hulk!" From Incredible Hulk #258: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...espect042... Hulk's reputation isn't even limited to Earth. Aliens across the cosmos like Kurrgo recognize the Hulk's power, noting him to be the "Earth's strongest creature." From Marvel Feature #11: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...elFeature... The Skrulls respect Hulk as "the strongest mortal on Earth," from Incredible Hulk #419: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...espect114... The alien Toad Men refer to Hulk in awe, "It was a figure that had become legend -- a figure recognizable to any tad old enough to catch his own flies! The most feared creature in all of Toad-Man history -- the Incredible Hulk!" From Defenders vol.2 #8: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...efendersv... Various villains have recognized the Hulk's power. Apocalypse takes great notice of the Hulk's energies as they "may give [him] power over the Celestials themselves." From Incredible Hulk #456: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...espect134... Upon defeat, the apparition of Loki tries to convince Professor Hulk to join him with more than a hint of fear in his voice, "With my puissance, and your potential... none could gainsay us. None could stop us. None could triumph over your might." From Tales to Astonish vol.2 #1: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...spect10TT... The Mad Titan Thanos famously shared such trepidation when faced with the assault of a Power Gem wielding Champion, "In many ways I assume this is what it would be like battling the Terran behemoth, the Hulk. A conflict I've sought to avoid over the years." From Thanos Quest #1: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...hanosQues... Interdimensional rulers like Nightmare also fear the unbridled power of the Hulk. "I have sought to attack [Dr. Strange] in manipulating the dreams of others... such as the brutish Hulk! That attempt was a dismal failure -- one I fear to try again!" From Strange Tales vol.2 #3: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...ngeTalesv... The All-Father Odin recognized Hulk's power as he watched Thor's first duel with him, "My son fights valiantly, as an immortal should... against a most awesome foe!! Never have I seen him so close to defeat! Never has he faced a mortal of such incomprehensible power!" From Journey Into Mystery #112: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...ect01JIM1... Even the impossibly powerful Celestials recognize the Hulk's power. Gamiel the Manipulator searched for (and found in Hulk), "evolution's crowning achievement -- the pinnacle of what your species will become..." From Marvel Monsters: Devil Dinosaur #1: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...ilDinosau... The most powerful entity in Marvel ever published, the Beyonder, famously commented, "You are nothing but raging power personified! An infinity of power -- with no finite element inside!" From Secret Wars II #2: i388.photobucket.com/albums/...pect07SWI... - Dr. Strange tells the Unleashed Hulk that his power is going out of control, that the gamma energy he's absorbing and unleashing that he normally could control is coming from every dimension/universe in existence, and it would eventually lead not only to his destruction... but the entire destruction of the Marvel Universe itself (Incredible Hulk #450). This is evidence that Hulk's gamma power, like his strength/power is infinite. Without Banner & Hulk working together to keep his power in-check, the energies would eventually destroy the universe itself. - The Hulk allows the Elder Spikes to feed upon him for seven hours. The Spikes are beings that normally feast on the vast energies of numerous stars throughout the Universe. (Incredible Hulk #103). These are but a few that I can list. The problem with most people, haters or those who just don't find Hulk/Banner interesting, don't know anything about the character. Here. I'll give you a link. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t571911.html There's tons of comic proof and information. And this isn't even all of it. It's only about 1,000 comics worth of info regarding The Hulk/Bruce Banner. Posted 3 hours, 19 minutes ago

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By dum529001

@soduh. Vist these links: http://www.comicvine.com/hulk/29-2267/do-you-want-the-hulk-to-be-the-strongest-one-there-is/92-711851/?page=4 ,

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Kellar21

@dum529001

1. Molecules are made up of atoms. Stop playing word-games.

What word games?I said that he could grow on molecular level,not atomic,so if someone messes with his atoms he can't do anything against it.

2. Also, scientifically speaking Gamma power IS Cosmic power. The power of the universe,the power of the COSMOS, is high nuclear energy and that's what gamma rays are. Please give me your definition of Cosmic Power. IF you define cosmic power or the Power Cosmic as Matter manipulation/ Transmutation then you must Say that the Hulk is Cosmic powered.

Hmm,I was talking about higher-ennergy gamma radiation,but I might have misremembered the Eletromagnetic Espectrum,Still Power Cosmic>>>Gamma Radiation,it is beyond normal laws in MU.

3. And you totally ignore the fact that Hulk increase in the strength and mass of his cells in proportion to stress and order to survive so his atomic/molecular build up IS instantaneous. If you think Hulk needs time before he even starts to amp up is power and cell mass then you don't read comics or are deluding yourself into thinking what is not true.

Atomic =/=molecules,Hulk uses gamma rays to grow in chemical ways(molecular level)not nuclear(atomic)there's quite a difference here.Still no matter his healing factor if he gets vaporized instantly,he is dead.No matter how stressed is an atom is an atom,Hulks powerset gives him High-End Healing Factor,not transmutation resistence only Magic and other Matter manipulators can do it.In other words he can't come back from nothing and there are people who can do it.

4. You can't argue your way around Hulk's established powerset. There is no disputing that. I f you don't like the Hulk, no one is making your read Hulk comics but he's a part of MU(marvel Universe), Deal with it because that won't change. If your goal is to discredit the Hulk then you're wasting your time.

I am not trying to discredit anything I am debating the fact that some people think Hulk is unbeatable.which he isn't.Hulk is very powerful in some ways but not as powerful as some people make him to be.His powerset doesn't allow him to beat anyone.

Due to Hulk's powerse, he can't just be made to disappear into oblivion by someone powerful enough. Do you know why?
    THE ANSWER IS THIS:
    What makes Hulk incredible?
    He's the inexhasutible engine of destruction!
    He's a living transmutaton, an unstoppable juggernaut of transmutation!
    Hulk is an indestructible juggernaut of limitless nuclear power!
    THIS IS WHY THE HATERS HATE!!! BECAUSE HULK IS THE STRONGEST THERE IS!

Hmm,thats some nice argument you got there for why he can't be vaporized,and he isn't unstopabble, there are quite a lot of beings(anything beyond Thanos) who could kill him effortsly.He Is just ohysical and limited to it.In MU there's a LOT beyond that.And some below him that could do it with some difficulty.His powerset doesn't prevent that, he prevents him from dieing in normal ways.

Hmm...Ok..WTH??No it doesn't take TOAA to destroy him,it takes far less than that,if you either instantly destroy his body or removes his soul as he is still a man(Strange and other powerful magic users can do it and characters who have soul based attacks like Ghost Rider could do it too),along with several kinds of BFR could stop him,hell if you throw him at a Black Hole,in the slim chance he survives he will stay there and die when he runs out of energy.

Really this is like a classic example of wanking,stop doing this,it detracts from the character and it's fans,I know he is sometimes underated here on CV but to say only TOAA could defeat him is just wrong and not true.It will make people simply not believe you.

What makes the Hulk Incredible?His powerset is cool(but not Over powered),how the character works and the anology with us and our ego and relation to when we wish we had the power to change something(though I would prefer Thor's Powers as a personal preference).I believe this was how Stan Lee described him.And the fact that he is still human and CAN and WILL lose sometimes.Characters that powerful are not as exciting to read.

See The Spectre,he is one of my favorite characters,I love the concept,but his stories without the writers finding a way to limit his powers would be boring,he would ROFLSTOMP almost anyone(also the reason he doesn't appear often in team problems unless it's a big one,because all the rest he could solo.)Making plots with these uber enemies can be hard and detract form their uniqueness.But I digress.

The point is...Hulk isn't as powerful as you are making him out to be,he has his limits and has shown them,in WWH he had to have PIS and CIS so the plot could progress.

Edit:Typos

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By BlackWind

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Hulk got dominated and humbled by Zeus, end of story.

In the scheme of things, Zeus is bigger on the cosmic ladder than some green troll.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By dum529001

You are definitely playing word games. For every atom of every molecule of every cell put in imininent danger Hulk gains in atomic mass and denser in proportion to the stress experienced, growing himself a bigger and stronger cellular structure. The Hulk is always expanding his borders to the same degree of his stress which is why no force can ever match him to the point of his total destruction. You can't catch up with a power quantity that grows to the same measure of any force that starts to give it the least bit of trouble (stress proportionate growth). Trying to destroy the Hulk is like trying to reach a horizon that you don't get any closer to because it moves farther away the more you run toward it. It''s never reach moving horizon by continually moving toward it because the horizon is moving as wee, moving itself away from you just as much as you are running after it. If you want ignore facts because you don't like the Hulk then I can't stop you but I will still tell you that you are truly wrong.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By dum529001

By the way, Hulk is no more human any other meta humans with an x-gene. He's an unstoppable human juggernaut, but a juggernaut nonetheless. Hulk is still vulnerable to harm no matter how strong he gets but his power set does not makes him vunerable to absolute death. The poin is that you can't overwhelm hulk with force to the point, No one has or can. You can disregard facts all you want but if Hulk could be destroyed then he would have been a long time ago and he never would have come as far as he has facing the universes greatest threats. Either you truly know nothing of the Hulk because you don't read comics that much, or you don't care because you hate the Hulk for the same reason that you like Thor and other characters.

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Kellar21

@dum529001

You are just making that up,don't you understand the concept of instantaneous,it means it's not gradual it happens to all molecules at the same time so no tissue to regrow it back and oh...It seems dormammu can reach some "unreacheble horizons" whithout even exerting himself and note what he says about how Hulk is out of his league.

No Caption Provided

What you say doesn't happen because Hulk can't outgrow instantaneous trasmutation because it's instantaneous.He isn't impossible to destroy and yes Thanos can kill him,you are putting Hulk out of his league and you still haven't refuted how does he regrow back if there's no tissue with DNA and instead spout this nonsense about unending growth that has never been shown,in the above scan Hulks talks big and gets turned into a statue,some expanding horizon that is.

Edit:No I don't hate Hulk I dislike some fans that wank him endessly,and yes I like Thor and many other heroes,but that doesn't interfere because this is not a vs thread.

By the way, Hulk is no more human any other meta humans with an x-gene.

Mutants are different than Hulk,still doesn't change the fact that he has a human soul vulnerable to soul based attacks.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#163  Edited By PowerHerc

I still love it.

Probably always will.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By dum529001

Hulk ADAPTS ENOUGH TO SURVIVE transmutation instantly, NOT COMPLETELY OUTGROW IT. Simply having enough of his molecular/atomic structure intact keeps him alive. Eventually though Hulk does completeyly outgrow whatever is being force is being thrown him, if thrown at him enough times. Hulk's power set simply counters anything enough for it to not be fatal and then continuously work on the full reversal since total molecular destruction is what kills. Hulk is always ready to be on the increase and because of that, any damage done to him immediately partial, even if only slightly,because that's how works. He immediately exceeds the force that affects his vitals by increasing in the atomic/ molecular mass of his cells to the exact amount necessary so he doesn't die. Hulk doesn't survive with surplus but with careful and exact rationing.

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Kellar21

@dum529001

He isn't Doomsday so you know,and how to explain Dormammu transmuting him,and you can't physically adapt to something on the atomic level ,atoms are still the same, t if he is vaporized NOTHING is left for him to regenerate from,and he never showed that, you are making that up.

Hulk ADAPTS ENOUGH TO SURVIVE transmutation instantly, NOT COMPLETELY OUTGROW IT. Eventually though Hulk does completeyly outgrow whatever is being force is being thrown him,

How would he survive being turned into dust??And this is a no limits fallacy,stop using it and you still haven't refuted how does he regrow after there's no tissue left,he is not Ghost Rider he can't reform himself from nothing,you are just avoiding the arguments and spouting this no limits fallacy.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By dum529001

You keep saying Hulk can come back with nothing left and you're stuck on that because you haven't been listening well. As I've been telling you, due to his power set(Stress-proportionate Power-mass- increase), the Hulk is never left empty.

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Kellar21

@dum529001

Yes he is,this stress thing you keep spouting means nothing if he is turned into dust,say if this were true what would happen if Galactus or Zeus tried to vaporize the Hulk?

Still no limits fallacy, and no scan proving this.He is still vulnerable to transmutation, his HF would help nothing if it's instantaneous.And his power set makes him stronger and improves his stats when he gets angry,it doesn't matter if he still has energy he can't resist something like this.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By soduh2

@dum529001 said:

You keep saying Hulk can come back with nothing left and you're stuck on that because you haven't been listening well. As I've been telling you, due to his power set(Stress-proportionate Power-mass- increase), the Hulk is never left empty.

Stress has to be proportionate that's the important part. Do you believe Hulk has "infinite anger"?

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By dum529001

@Kellar21

You obviously don't read comics or Hulk comics. He always does gains energy for the necessary physiological improvements to Survive by just enough. And if you knew anything about Hulk you'd know what the physiological effects of anger/physical exertion does, and how it relates to the Hulk not ever having the atomic-molecular structure of his cells worn down to nothing.That's what messing with Hulk vitals does.

The body live by sustaining basic DNA proteins and metabolic homeostasis, the transferring energy of combustion, what is used to release energy for body movements and maintain proper temperature.

Hulk enhances his physiology to maintain these vital bodily functions. Hulk adapts due to the physiological effects of the forces on his body. Hulk adapts the second any force, including physical exertion, a good example of that being anger, starts giving the atomic-molecular structure of his body any trouble. Hulk's growth doesn't initiate at the DESTRUCTION his atomic-molecular structure of his cells but the SLIGHTEST TUG at the atomic-molecular structure of his cells. By the time an atom-molecule has been destroyed Hulk has already regrown.

You seem to think that the Hulk can't adapt if a force that is stronger than him comes along or that he needs to wait around all day before he adapts for his own survival.

1. NO ,THE HULK DOES WAIT AROUND ALL DAY IF TO ADAPT. HIS BODY IMMEDIATELY RESPONDS TO ANY FORCE STRONG ENOUGH TO EVEN SLIGHTLY AFFECT HIS VITALS, ANY SLIGHT PHYSIOLOGICAL AFFECT THE THE ATOMIC-MOLECULAR LEVEL OF HIS CELLS. AND IF YOU REALLY THINK HE DOES WAIT All DAY THEN DON"T READ COMICS.

2. NO, IT DOESN'T MATTER THE MAGNITUDE OF THE FORCE. HULK'S STRENGTH INCREASE THRIVES OFF OF STRESS. THE HULK IS IN A CONSTANT STATE OF CHANGE WHENEVER ANYTHING HAPPENS. IF LEVEL OF FORCE THAT HIT HULK MATTERED THEN HE WOULD DIED LONG AGO.

3. THE UNIVERSE HAS NEVER-ENDING MASS AND THEREFORE NEVER-ENDING ENERGY WHCIH THE HULK DRAWS UPON.

4. YOU MUST NOT LIKE THE HULK BECAUSE YOU BLATANTLY GO AGAINST THE VERY DEFINITION OF THE CHARACTER ESTABLISHED FROM HIS ORIGINS.

Any more word games you want to play?

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By dum529001

I believe beings like Eternity, Infinity, Galactus, Death, Oblivion, The Celestials are in a catergory all by themselves in terms of power. Then again, it depends on what form of power. When it comes to physical power and raw energy power, Hulk is virutally limitless in these areas. In other words, Hulk is at the top of MU when it comes down to it.

Energy projection? Casually destroying multiple planets within the Dark Dimension, and threatening the entire dimension which Umar was helpless to stop, isn't impressive? How about Gray Hulk, the weakest incarnation, destroying an asteroid twice the size of Earth in a single blow?

Intelligence? One of the smartest men on the planet, rivaling and comparable to the likes of Reed Richards, Dr. Doom, Dr. Hank Pym and Tony Stark isn't impressive either?

Cunning and fighting skills? Have you not looked at Hulk's impressive 50 year history? Look how many battles he's been in and come out on top! Outsmarting Dr. Doom, Reed Richards, The Leader, MODOK, and Hank Pym isn't cunning enough for you? Isn't that enough proof?

I'll give you some examples.

The Hulk's reputation is nothing less than, "The strongest there is." And few are more qualified thanGeneral Thunderbolt Ross to describe the Hulk's strength. "Those of you who do know me know that I'm not one for melodrama -- so you'll believe me when I tell you that the Hulk is arguably the most powerful -- and dangerous -- creature to ever walk the Earth!" From Rampaging Hulk #1:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...pagingHul...

Army scientist, Dr. Zaxon describes Hulk's vast power as immeasurable. "I can hardly believe these readings! He's a veritable blast furnace of limitless organic energy! There is no way to even measure is strength!" From Tales to Astonish #78:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...ect02TTA0...

Doc Sampson reinforces this with his own battery of tests, "There truly seems to beno limit to the Hulk's strength!" From Incredible Hulk #228:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...spect03a2...

Even the mutated super-genius, Leader, realizes, "The tests are worthless! There's no way to measure his strength! There is nothing he cannot do! I cannot build a device powerful enough to test him with!" From Tales to Astonish #73:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...ing04TTA0...

Henry Gyrich debriefs members of the Initiative and reveals that the Hulk is "Theoriginal omega level threat." From Avengers Initiative #5:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...Initiativ...

Wolverine personally recounts, "It's like he hits ya so damn hard ya actually leave your own body. It's when ya come back that ya feel the pain. An' ya realize yer goin' toe-to-toe with a walkin' earthquake." From Wolverine Origins #28:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...neOrigins...

Siryn compares the Hulk to Juggernaut and Deadpool retorts, "TheJuggernaut? Compared to theHulk?! You oughta lay off the glue for a while, babe... it's messing up your perceptions," from Deadpool#4:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...12Deadpoo...

Unfortunately, recognition of the Hulk's power can lead to equal amounts of fear. Such is evident in Reed Richards' rationalization for banishing him, "Time and time again, your anger and power have threatened the entire planet. . . . But for your sake and ours, we're sending you away." From Incredible Hulk vol.2 #92:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...spect19v2...

Even his perennial foe, Namor, understood the consequences as he warns the Illuminati of Hulk's inevitable wrath in New Avengers: Illuminati #1:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...Illuminat...

That same fear led Tony Stark to specifically invent the power-inhibiting S.P.I.N. technology as revealed in Avengers Initiative #4 and the Superheavy Cell, "a liquid with programmable density" that would be like "dropping raw tonnage on their backs," as revealed in Fear Itself #7.3. But even Stark understands it would only hold him for a little while anyway:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...Initiativ...

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...earItself...

Nevertheless, his oldest friend, Rick Jones, has never lost faith in the hero inside the monster, even during his rampage in World War Hulk #4:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...pect23aWW...

And most of the Avengers hold a deep respect for Hulk, especially the big three: Captain America, Iron Man and Thor. From Incredible Hulk #277:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...espect052...

Thor, in particular, reveals to the Hulk (possessed by Nul the Breaker of Worlds), "I cannot beat you. You know. And I never could." From Fear Itself #5:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...FearItsel...

And Cap's remarks during Avengers Vs X-Men #11 say it all, "You know I respect you and your space and I would never come to you unless I was at the end of my rope. . . . I need morefirepower. . . . I know you only fight a fight worth fighting. And I'm telling you this is one of those fights. If we lose this we lose everything. Will you help us? Please."

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...pect26AvX...

The American public is also well-aware of the Hulk's power. "There is not a man or woman here who has not heard of the Incredible Hulk... who has not seen -- in newspapers, magazines, on national television news broadcasts -- the images of his power... his unmatched talent for sheer destruction." From Incredible Hulk vol.2 #2:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...espect14v...

The Hulk is famous internationally as well. The Crimson Dynamo remarks, "Though I have heard it said in awed whispers that not even Iron Man and his fellow Avengers have ever prevailed against the Hulk!" From Incredible Hulk #258:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...espect042...

Hulk's reputation isn't even limited to Earth. Aliens across the cosmos like Kurrgo recognize the Hulk's power, noting him to be the "Earth's strongest creature." From Marvel Feature #11:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...elFeature...

The Skrulls respect Hulk as "the strongest mortal on Earth," from Incredible Hulk #419:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...espect114...

The alien Toad Men refer to Hulk in awe, "It was a figure that had become legend -- a figure recognizable to any tad old enough to catch his own flies! The most feared creature in all of Toad-Man history -- the Incredible Hulk!" From Defenders vol.2 #8:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...efendersv...

Various villains have recognized the Hulk's power. Apocalypse takes great notice of the Hulk's energies as they "may give [him] power over the Celestials themselves." From Incredible Hulk #456:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...espect134...

Upon defeat, the apparition of Loki tries to convince Professor Hulk to join him with more than a hint of fear in his voice, "With my puissance, and your potential... none could gainsay us. None could stop us. None could triumph over your might." From Tales to Astonish vol.2 #1:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...spect10TT...

The Mad Titan Thanos famously shared such trepidation when faced with the assault of a Power Gem wielding Champion, "In many ways I assume this is what it would be like battling the Terran behemoth, the Hulk. A conflict I've sought to avoid over the years." From Thanos Quest #1:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...hanosQues...

Interdimensional rulers like Nightmare also fear the unbridled power of the Hulk. "I have sought to attack [Dr. Strange] in manipulating the dreams of others... such as the brutish Hulk! That attempt was a dismal failure --one I fear to try again!" From Strange Tales vol.2 #3:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...ngeTalesv...

The All-Father Odin recognized Hulk's power as he watched Thor's first duel with him, "My son fights valiantly, as an immortal should... against a most awesome foe!! Never have I seen him so close to defeat! Never has he faced a mortal of such incomprehensible power!" From Journey Into Mystery #112:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...ect01JIM1...

Even the impossibly powerful Celestials recognize the Hulk's power. Gamiel the Manipulator searched for (and found in Hulk), "evolution's crowning achievement -- the pinnacle of what your species will become..." From Marvel Monsters: Devil Dinosaur #1:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...ilDinosau...

The most powerful entity in Marvel ever published, the Beyonder, famously commented, "You are nothing but raging power personified! Aninfinity of power -- with no finite element inside!" From Secret Wars II #2:

i388.photobucket.com/albums/...pect07SWI...

- Dr. Strange tells the Unleashed Hulk that his power is going out of control, that the gamma energy he's absorbing and unleashing that he normally could control is coming from every dimension/universe in existence, and it would eventually lead not only to his destruction... but the entire destruction of the Marvel Universe itself (Incredible Hulk #450).

This is evidence that Hulk's gamma power, like his strength/power is infinite. Without Banner & Hulk working together to keep his power in-check, the energies would eventually destroy the universe itself.

- The Hulk allows the Elder Spikes to feed upon him for seven hours. The Spikes are beings that normally feast on the vast energies of numerous stars throughout the Universe. (Incredible Hulk #103).

These are but a few that I can list.

The problem with most people, haters or those who just don't find Hulk/Banner interesting, don't know anything about the character.

Here. I'll give you a link.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t571911.html

There's tons of comic proof and information.

And this isn't even all of it.

It's only about 1,000 comics worth of info regarding The Hulk/Bruce Banner.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By soduh2

@dum529001: Happy that you posted scans for once but a lot of them are just people making comments about his apparent power. Wolverine's comment, for example, about Hulk "hurting him" can be applied to a lot of characters. As well as Reed Richards acknowledging that Hulk threatens the Earth (a lot of characters do that, even his brother in-law is a global threat if he ever became unhinged). No one is saying Hulk isn't powerful, no one is denying that he is among the strongest beings on Earth, just that there are forces beneath omnipotence that can overwhelm him.

Banner being removed from Hulk has varying effects. Comparing him in the secret wars (where I believe your Beyonder Scan came from, to the onslaught fight, and the most recent event torn asunder). A bannerless Hulk isn't always unstoppable, in torn asunder he was strangely calm for a while.

Fight against Zeus:

If it wasn't for the Hulk family stepping in, Hulk would have been killed by what essentially was lightning and a physical assault from Zeus (that wasn't even including his other powers). He admitted that he needed to stay angry to heal, or else his death would have been inevitable. If you read the next issue you Hulk wasn't healing immediately after that point (this is not unusual for extensive regeneration for Hulk). Even Hulk's ability to survive underwater and in space were not immediate "fixes" by his regenerative properties. If Hulk cannot regenerate immediately then he is vulnerable to instantaneous transmutations (as seen with Dormammu). Like we said, his stress needs to be proportionate. But physical stress doesn't always translate to his mental stress.

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

Hulk has evolved exponantly since then.

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

...waiting for grammer nazi to correct that word lol.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By soduh2

@Sinfulplayerx said:

Hulk has evolved exponantly since then.

It wasn't that long ago. Hulk hasn't demostrated enough feats to say that he has changed much.

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Kellar21

@dum529001

If what you are talking were true then the hulk would never get hurt,if he regenerates at the slightest tug the he would NEVER get hurt.Also how did Thor killed him as King Thor in the reigning,or that time hulk was reduced to a skeleton and then regenerated fully(crazy HF I tell you),if he regenerated instantly the latter would never happen,you said he can get hurt(in a sense that it's enough to be perceived by someone who is looking) then you said he can't because any damage is instantly regenerated you are contradicting youself.Who is making word games here?

1. NO ,THE HULK DOES WAIT AROUND ALL DAY IF TO ADAPT. HIS BODY IMMEDIATELY RESPONDS TO ANY FORCE STRONG ENOUGH TO EVEN SLIGHTLY AFFECT HIS VITALS, ANY SLIGHT PHYSIOLOGICAL AFFECT THE THE ATOMIC-MOLECULAR LEVEL OF HIS CELLS. AND IF YOU REALLY THINK HE DOES WAIT All DAY THEN DON"T READ COMICS.

Not all day he takes at least half an hour to adapt to breathing,and I didn't even read that one it's in one of the topics in this very page brough by TheAcidSkull,also I've been in several Hulk threads and never saw this instant adaptation(and regen), it would be an asset that would be cited in vary situations.

4. YOU MUST NOT LIKE THE HULK BECAUSE YOU BLATANTLY GO AGAINST THE VERY DEFINITION OF THE CHARACTER ESTABLISHED FROM HIS ORIGINS.

Who is going against what in here,you are defending a thesis in a Hulk forum an noone else in going with it,you even contradicts yourself.

Also instantenous means there's no "tug" it happens to all the atoms at the same time,with all the force,there's no tissue left to regenerate,you keep saying this and I keep refuting and you just repeat it again and still haven't aswered how does the hulk comes back after being vaporized.

And so you know,hulks regen is on cellular or molecular level not atomic, no word games here just a huge diference in scale.

You just keeping repeating that and until now the persons who joined this discussion are disagreeing with you, I know that is not a good sample but it should say something.

The Hulk isn't unstoppable he isn't invincible,he is bery powerful and his powerset allows him to get more powerful but there's plenty of things he can't do.

Also saying he is the best at Energy projection?wow I must have lost the issues where he fires gamma radiation from his hands,that was a one-time powerup he had,it isn't in his powerset(he emits gamma radiation,yes but not always to that point),if it is the I could say SS can overcome Galactus,and Thor has the power of the runes.Also that's nothing comparable to what Zeus,Odin,SS,Strange,Thor and several others can do.

And cunning and fighting skills?

People like captain america and spider man can dance around him,and would win in H2H if not for his strenght and durability,there are several others who used their fighting skills to redirect his strength I am not saying he doesn't have it,just saying that there are people who are wayyy better that him.And in 50 years there has been few times Hulk was known for his cunning through he has them he isn't at the top of it,not even near it.

Intelligence as Banner he ahs it or when Banner is controlling/helping him.Reed Richards and Dr.Doom are beyond him he is more at Stark and maybe Pym levels.

Then again you are just putting up a bunch of things complimenting him and the majority of that has no meaning when put up against a Skyfather,he has not EVER shown he can go against one,much less win it.You need more than raw strenght against one.

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

What's the difference between molecular and atomic and it's huge difference in scale? I understand. The difference is 1 atom vs 2 with a chemical bond. This is why people are saying there needs to be some part of the Hulk left for him to come back from. This is where "The Indestructible Hulk" will be taking us to. To say someone can destroy the Hulk is one thing. To actually do it is another. I am looking forward to this new series as well as the new Thors.

Also what Comic/Issue was that battle from with Dormammu.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By dum529001

@soduh2

@Kellar21

You guy don't listen well enough.

1. When i said: "Any force that's enough to produce the slightest physiological effect, the slightest tug on the atomic molecular structure of Hulk cell he's already grown some more" I never said this process would stop Hulk from being hurt, it would only allow him to outrun death, since by the time you've destroy some atoms he's built more, a quantity enough to allow him to survive and continue. I never said that Hulk instantly recovers every last bit of lost mass.

2. The Hulk doesn't get taken down by instant transmutation or vaporization and here's why:

Hulk geometrically grows the structure of his atomic-molecular bio-mass and power. Taking a percent of the Hulk's mass is not as significant when his power and bio-mass increase to a higher quantity, where the quantity of that percent needed to kill him is higher. Hulk still lost something but now that loss is not as significant and Hulk survives.

3. And by the way there is not a difference between mental stress and Physical stress. If you have mental stress it will manifest physically and vice versa.

The nervous system and circulatory system synthesize carbohydrate energy, broken down by oxygen quickly in a chemical reaction know as combustion, to maintain proper body temperature and to allow the muscular system movement which is supported by the skeletal system. The body's expenditure of energy&mass is stress, because the body puts pressure on itself to use it.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By soduh2

@dum529001 said:

@soduh2

@Kellar21

You guy don't listen well enough.

1. When i said: "Any force that's enough to produce the slightest physiological effect, the slightest tug on the atomic molecular structure of Hulk cell he's already grown some more" I never said this process would stop Hulk from being hurt, it would only allow him to outrun death, since by the time you've destroy some atoms he's built more, a quantity enough to allow him to survive and continue. I never said that Hulk instantly recovers every last bit of lost mass.

2. The Hulk doesn't get taken down by instant transmutation or vaporization and here's why:

Hulk geometrically grows the structure of his atomic-molecular bio-mass and power. Taking a percent of the Hulk's mass is not as significant when his power and bio-mass increase to a higher quantity, where the quantity of that percent needed to kill him is higher. Hulk still lost something but now that loss is not as significant and Hulk survives.

3. And by the way there is not a difference between mental stress and Physical stress. If you have mental stress it will manifest physically and vice versa.

The nervous system and circulatory system synthesize carbohydrate energy, broken down by oxygen quickly in a chemical reaction know as combustion, to maintain proper body temperature and to allow the muscular system movement which is supported by the skeletal system. The body's expenditure of energy is stress, because the body puts pressure on itself to use it.

Tug argument: By that virtue any one with a healing factor (from Spider-Man to Wolverine to Hulk himself), has an opportunity to "outrun" death. I'll admit that Hulk is better at healing than most people on the Marvel earth but his fight with Zeus proved that he could be overwhelmed. It was because the other Hulks intervened that he survived in the first place.

Instantaneous transmutation: I'm not sure you understand "instantaneous" transmutation. It would effect his entire Biomass at the same time, Hulk's regeneration still requires that his Cells and the organelles within them are still functional in order for him to build his molecular structure. Instananeous transmutation would NOT grant him the opportunity to increase his biomass. If the transmutation was gradual (occurred over a period of time) Hulk's healing factor MIGHT power through the transmutation's effects (depending on the level of the transmutation user).

Physical stress vs. mental stress:

A well trained Athlete will be under less physical (PNS , Respiratory, Muscular, Circulatory) and mental (awareness of stress, CNS) stress when exercizing than a more average person. And an Average person will be under less mental stress but similar physical stress if they take some medicine or substance that reduces lactic acid build up (their body is getting tired but they don't realize it as quickly). Many people on the brink of death during surgery or receiving major injuries also find themselves at a mentally calm state while their bodies struggle to hold on to life. There is a difference because the nervous system is generally seperated between the central and peripheral areas. To generalize mental and physical stress on the basis of the nervous system is wrong.

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Kellar21

@dum529001

hmm...no,body doesn't syntesize carbohydrates we have to eat them,plants do that and how exactly the nevous system sintesizes anything.Glands sintesize hormone.Cells break down carbohydrates thorugh another system combustion is a reaction(exothermic) between a fuel and an oxidant.Like the reaction between gas and oxygen on a car's engine.

Also what @soduh2 said.instantaneous means instantaneous all at the same time,no room for what you are speaking.Also if what you were talking was true what did Dormammu did a the scan I posted?

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By dum529001

Look closely. My first point supports my second point and my second point supports my third and fourth point.

A Basic Rundown of Hulk's Superhuman Abilities

1. The Source of Hulk's Power:

Atoms are the fabric of reality. The universe has endless atoms/mass, therefore, it also has limitless atomic energy(the motion of atoms/mass), which is where the Hulk draws his power from. Hulk converts the endless nuclear power of the universe into super-strong biomass, granting him virtually limitless superhuman strength. Hulk is powered by the most power energy form: Gamma rays. Gamma ray explosions are so powerful that they can generate as much power a sun (a trillion megaton-nuclear bombs exploding every second) produces in it's entire billion year life span with milliseconds to hundreds of seconds.

2. Hulk's growth as it applies to strength, stamina, adaptation and regeneration:

Fueled by limitless nuclear power, gamma rays, the Hulk geometrically grows the atomic-molecular structure of his bio-mass in proportion to stress(effective working force) allowing for survival by making what would be lethal damage into marginally superficial damage. For this reason Hulk's body is self-sustaining, being able to adapt for survival in hostile environments, has limitless stamina, and is very fast in regenerating to full recovery.

3. Hulk's own transmutation(the change of matter) and resistance to outside transmutation:

Hulk is also immune to Transmutation/Matter manipulation because he fights against it with the atomic -molecular mass growth of his cell structure in proportion to stress. It can be said Transmutation/Matter manipulation does not work on Hulk because he manipulates matter as well, in the best way possible. the Hulk himself is living transmutation, an unstoppable juggernaut of transmutation. Hulk can not suffer permanent destruction, let alone should destruction followed by reconstruction. Hulk's own transmutation prevents him from being completely overtaken by outside transmutation. Atom by atom, molecule by molecule, Hulk can be taken to the edge and not be obliterated because he simultaneously builds himself back up stronger.

4. The body's own expenditure of energy & mass is induces stress, because the body puts pressure on itself to continually produce and sustain itself.

As you know the more the Hulk strains his body/the angrier he gets, the stronger he gets. We also know that Hulk's cellular strength increases can come from the stress he makes on his own as well as from any other outside forces.

What makes Hulk so incredible is that he is an indestructible human juggernaut of limitless nuclear power!!

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

Kind of hard to beat Dormammu when he has Eternity's powers. Hulk was definetly Transmuteted to Stone in that pic. Gonna try to get that Defenders Volume 3 Issue 3. Looks like what a 5 part Mini? 2005. Guess need to find all 5 looks like an awesome read.

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Kellar21

@Sinfulplayerx

He had Eternity's Power at that issue?The only time I remember him having it was like decades ago.Normally he is around Skyfather level.

@dum529001

Why do you keep posting this copy paste you have around instead of trying to respond my argument?I have already refuted this endless regeneration thing which was never shown,if he can be damaged,then he can be "damaged" entirely at the same time,then he can't regenerate back because there will be no tissue,hence Dormmamu transmuting him into stone.And for the last time body doesn't produce carbohydrates,we have to consume them and then the body breaks then down,the nervous system have nothing to do with that, and combustion is another thing.You keep repeating and I keep refuting it.What you are saying never happenede whn he takes too much damage it takes some time to regenarate(like when he was truned to a skelton with some tissue),and he regerenerates at cellular level not atomic.

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

From what I read he had Eternity's Power in that Mini. I'm trying to proc all 5 issues to confirm. Looks like a good read. Would like to add this to my collection.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By dum529001

1. Cells are made of atoms/molecules. If you'd taken a biology you'd know that. Talking about comic book characters ,especially the Hulk, you should know some biology.

By the way, I said the body USES carbohydrates by having them reacts quickly with oxygen, speeding up the process with a chemical enzyme. it's no secret that the Hulk can generate his own protein mass and fuel by conversion of his gamma power. Hulk's self sustaining. If you actually read comics or even Hulk comics then you'd know that.

Hulk's increase and regeneration with stress(effective working force).

A portion of mass taken from Hulk as his biomass rises from one degree to another, may not completely disappear and still be visible but it becomes less significant. nonlethal damage. Hulk can survive anything, even if it's by inches.

What people need to understand is that Hulk does not grow in the atomic-molecular mass of his cells to stronger... He does it to survive!!!

Hulk is not invincible because he can't be hurt, he's invincible because he can grow at the same time he's being hurt. Hulk is not invincible in the sense that he can't be hurt, he's invincible in the sense that he can take the worst possible beating and not be killed.

Regarding the fight with Zues...

Suggesting that Hulk suppressed his power while fighting Zues wouldn't be crazy to say because it's been seen before but It makes little sense since Hulk's power is involuntary. The Hulk is no more complicated than a gun trigger and nothing else. The Hulk can press the button himself but someone else can push it for if he doesn't. If his own body isn't given a burden by heavy exerting it's own power through an intense electro-chemical impulses, responding in Hulk-growth, then all it takes is being bombarded by life-threatening force from the outside.

Hulk has fought those like Zues, the baddest in the universe before. It was stated that Hulk's bio-mass-gamma power increase being only at 7 percent. Hulk took a beating from Zom, a demon so powerful that everyone that no one but the Living tribunal could handle it.

7 percent, people! That like having 100 pennies and having to multiply into 500 pennies to get a bite to eat somewhere and ending up with only getting 135, an increase of 35 instead of 400!

It doesn't matter that much to me but Hulk will probably beat he snot out of Zues in a rematch.

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

We know that rematch is coming. We just have to wait. Untill then we will just have to see where "Invincible Hulk" take us. ;) Also... found all 5 issues on E-bay. Hopefully I can snag them for my collection. ^^

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Kellar21

@dum529001

Hmm so you believe the Hulk can take on a Skyfather?That can destroy Galaxies and make Silver Surfer look like a Chump.What Dormammu did Zeus can do it and better he can just wish Hulk to not exist anymore all at the same time.

No time to regenerate,no time for nothing(including eletro-chemical impulses LOL) you are simply negating and not seeing it,there's evidence,thor once killed him with one arm by using a log through his chest and Dormammu turned him into stone and Hera said Zeus could erase him easily and he only engaged him in combat because Hulk provoked him.

Hmm I guess this is what people call a fanboy,no point debating with you you can't see logic.

And why the hell people keep sayin Zues it's Zeus.

PS:atoms=/= molecules

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By dum529001

@kellar21

P.S: Take a biochemstry class and a basic physcis and math class

Zues isn't omnipotent

Danvidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Danvidar

@dum529001: It is spelt Zeus and the Hulk isn't either. In any case a charachter that can never lose is boring. There should always be someone capable of beating the protaganist. The Hulk is a very powerful charachter, no one is arguing that he isn't, but to say he is in the same league as a Skyfather? In pure physical strength perhaps, but total power is another thing entirely. In any case there is no shame in losing to Zeus, even with Zeus holding back, the Hulk is one of the few who could survive what Zeus did to him, injured though he was afterwards. Just surviving is a testament to Hulks strength not an insult.

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

Well worded Danvidar. I appreciate that. As DeadPool would say: "My common sense in tingling". No disrespect to dum529001 either. The Hulk has been my favorite since I was a child, but I don't hate any other Super Hero characters either.... not even the ones drawn by Rob Liefeld...... AND IF YOU TOUCH LOBO AGAIN WITH YOUR BROKEN PENCILS LIEFELD, I WILL PERSONALY CALL BATGOD TO ERASE YOU FROM EXISTINCE!

BatMan..... 5 hours prep time.... bring it!

VS

Liefeld....... 5 minutes..... draws a whole comic.... with no backgrounds.....

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#191  Edited By Rumble Man

Well god characters need to be strong, hence why they are gods in the first place

nobody wants a weak ass god

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Kellar21

@Danvidar

I agree with you,that's what I was trying to say.Also is rob liefield the one who drawed that avengers issue where everyone who was talking seemed like they were screaming and had that ugly as hell art?Cause if its I call Ghost Rider to Penace Stare him.

@dum529001

He doesn't need to be to kill Hulk.

And yes atomic regeneration is way different than molecular regeneration,see Dr.Manhatan Hulk regenerates through his cells producing other cells(very fast),not by transmuting atoms in to whatever matter he is made of.So if there's no tissue he can't come back from nothing(unlike Dr.M)

Also, nice job avoiding the subject and not aswering how if all this things you were saying were true Hulk died/got turned into stone happened,I am not saying anyone can do it,but Zeus certainly can.

Also who needs a physics class when putting that fact that a gamma ray burst emits more energy that the sun ever will,well do you know where the hell does those bursts come from?From quasars,pulsars and supenovae that's like saying "oh,my microwave oven is so weak a Cell tower emits more energy than it",it's a difference in the scale of the object not the energy itself,also the sun do emits gamma rays,hell there are "rocks" who emits gamma rays so you logic there is flawed(as it is most of your argument).I think it is you who needs to take basic logic lessons.

PS:As Danvidar said it's Zeus not Zues.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By dum529001

@Kellar21

First of all, as I said before and as anyone can tell you, molecules are made of atoms. The cells of the body is made of atoms and molecules. It's not as complicated as you were making it out to be.

Secondly, If you want to argue false statements about Hulk's regeneration, go ahead. I can't stop you but as I said before Hulk's gamma power bio-mass increase matches any stress(effective working force) enough so that his damage/any physiological effects becomes marginally superficial and nonlethal. That's how his powerset works. If you just don't know that then you should read more comics. If just you can't accept that for what it is or can't grasp that concept then I don't know what else to do.

And finally, Quasars,Pulsars,and supernovas are all just different ways that gamma ray bursts can occur.

A supernova is just an exploding sun but gamma ray burst in space usually shoot out in the form of a concentrated jet stream instead of in a spherical shaped explosion.

But a GRB is a very different creature to an 'average' supernova. Via a mechanism that is poorly understood, intense narrow jets of hot plasma are blasted from the dead star's rotational axis. Intense radiation is also produced. If one of those jets are pointing directly at Earth, we'll see an explosion that seems too powerful to be a supernova. That's a gamma-ray burst.

When a massive star dies, it collapses in on itself under the force of gravity. This happens when the star runs out of fuel to maintain fusion reactions in its core. Once fusion stops, outward radiation pressure diminishes and the star catastrophically implodes under the sheer gravitational pressure of its own mass. During the implosion, a shock wave rips through the stellar core, triggering a supernova.

Danvidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Danvidar

@dum529001 said:

@Kellar21

First of all, as I said before and as anyone can tell you, molecules are made of atoms. The cells of the body is made of atoms and molecules. It's not as complicated as you were making it out to be.

Secondly, If you want to argue false statements about Hulk's regeneration, go ahead. I can't stop you but as I said before Hulk's gamma power bio-mass increase matches any stress(effective working force) enough so that his damage/any physiological effects becomes marginally superficial and nonlethal. That's how his powerset works. If you just don't know that then you should read more comics. If just you can't accept that for what it is or can't grasp that concept then I don't know what else to do.

And finally, Quasars,Pulsars,and supernovas are all just different ways that gamma ray bursts can occur.

A supernova is just an exploding sun but gamma ray burst in space usually shoot out in the form of a concentrated jet stream instead of in a spherical shaped explosion.

But a GRB is a very different creature to an 'average' supernova. Via a mechanism that is poorly understood, intense narrow jets of hot plasma are blasted from the dead star's rotational axis. Intense radiation is also produced. If one of those jets are pointing directly at Earth, we'll see an explosion that seems too powerful to be a supernova. That's a gamma-ray burst.

When a massive star dies, it collapses in on itself under the force of gravity. This happens when the star runs out of fuel to maintain fusion reactions in its core. Once fusion stops, outward radiation pressure diminishes and the star catastrophically implodes under the sheer gravitational pressure of its own mass. During the implosion, a shock wave rips through the stellar core, triggering a supernova.

Lets settle this by posting the offical list of Hulks weaknesses

Adamantium and vibranium has been shown capable of piercing Hulk's skin; in World War Hulk, Wolverine, X-23, and Black Panther's claws could pierce it. Physically there is no significant weakness in the Hulk's body, but as mentioned above, vibranium and adamantium are usually portrayed as able to pierce the Hulk's skin. However, constantly the damage is almost immediately regenerated. In the past he was frequently vulnerable to gamma radiation draining by sufficiently powerful energy manipulators. However, currently he acquired an undefined degree of immunity to this resource, as evidenced in Planet Hulk and World War Hulk. Great doses of gas can also temporarily detain the Hulk, but has no permanent effect, since Hulk often dissipates the gas with a thunderclap. Hulk's durability level depends on the amount of adrenaline circulating through his body; smaller quantities cause more susceptibility to weaknesses as Hulk´s durability returns to more basic levels. The Hulk's rage can also be suppressed; this is exemplified by Betty Ross or the Sentry successfully calming him down in several instances. Finally, he can be hurt or even killed by cosmic entities or extraordinarily powerful individuals, and under some conditions be psichically manipulated by exceptionally powerful telepaths.

I belive Zeus qualifies as an extraordinary powerful individual

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Kellar21

@dum519001

Yes molecules are made of atoms,but you were saying that Hulk's HF worked on atomic level(at least that was what I understood) which in comics this is considered something like Dr.M or something Molecule Man could do not Hulk,Hulk's HF like Wolverine HF and many others is celular/molecule based,meaning that the cells replicate increadibedly fast by normal means(but very fast).Even so this wouldn't apply here because the kind of vaporization or atomization that people Zeus,Galactus and Molecule Man apply is instantaneous meaning that they affect their whole bodies,all their atoms at the same time,there's no time for physical stress to be perceived,there's no time for any biochemical system kick in because all the transmitters/receivers won't exist anymore at the same time(his powerset says that the more Angry or Stressed he is he gets Stronger and More durable,we saw what he could do in WWH when trashed a lot of people,most wouldn't give him a problem anyway but meh).In all the comics I have read and in the many vs battles I have seen with Hulk with people who knew infinetely more than me about Hulk,never I saw this instaneous regereneration,no death thing.What I have saw is Hulk get hurt and even killed in several situations.T

If you said Hulk could survive having been reduced to a skeleton and some tissue I would believe you cause I have seen it.But what you are saying is sounding like "Hulk can be hurt and all that,but if he's about to be atomized all at the same time then he heals all at the same time just like that,because he is the Hulk and he doesn't die,LOL"

You are simpy, negating the facts,Hulk has never shown to be immune to vaporization to beings of Skyfather level he was almost beaten to death by one.He was turned into stone by Dormammu he was killed in The Reigning by King Thor without the Odin Force,he never showed this anti-death system you have shown,this instant stress to mass you are saying doesn't apply to instant atomization because it is instant whatever system you are saying isn't because if it where Hulk would never be hurt,and don't throw this "when he is near death" thing cause it isn't working the Hulk was killed enough times for we to know that he isn't invencible,or immortal.

Even other Hulk fans are agreeing.So stop using this it isn't fooling anyone,you try to explain with science but even then it doesn't make sense(even for comics) you have no evidence of what you are talking.

Also Lobo's HF is more advanced than Hulk's(coming back from a pool of blood) and even he isn't normally immortal(he was at some point in time).So don't come a spell this Hulk is immortal,invencible.Dr Strange and GR could've killed him in WWH but PIS wouldn't let them and they are below Zeus.

About the GRBs:My analogy still applys these cosmic phemenons hold much more energy than our sun so it's kind of obvious that a GRB will do that,but I see your point and see I've misunderstood what you were saying.

And yeah people like Zeus and Galactus can beat the Hulk everyway they wish and he can't do nothing about it.You sounding worse than the people that say Batman would defeat Galactus with one mosnth prep.

PS:I know Hulk is very powerful and that some of things you say apply but not at everytime,we have to remember these people we are citing laugh at the laws of physics and Hulk works in them and in Marvel Magic/Cosmic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Physics.It's no shame to be defeated by Zeus(LOL) I actually believe he might be the only mortal on earth who could've taken this beating and survived,Hulk is very powerful,strong and durable but nowhere near invencible/immortal(where would be the fun on that??) and that's whats make hero's good to read,that's why Odin didn't appeared every time Thor was in trouble and smited the bad guy or why The Spectre wouldn't appear on earth and judge anyone that the JL where having trouble with,though it happened some times because it was cool and people liked when OP characters appeared and kicked ass,it would be boring if it was a constant, thus why most heroes are not invencible(yes,not even you bats) it would be boring and this applies to the Hulk too.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By dum529001

@Kellar21 said:

@dum519001

Yes molecules are made of atoms,but you were saying that Hulk's HF worked on atomic level(at least that was what I understood) which in comics this is considered something like Dr.M or something Molecule Man could do not Hulk,Hulk's HF like Wolverine HF and many others is celular/molecule based,meaning that the cells replicate increadibedly fast by normal means(but very fast).Even so this wouldn't apply here because the kind of vaporization or atomization that people Zeus,Galactus and Molecule Man apply is instantaneous meaning that they affect their whole bodies,all their atoms at the same time,there's no time for physical stress to be perceived,there's no time for any biochemical system kick in because all the transmitters/receivers won't exist anymore at the same time(his powerset says that the more Angry or Stressed he is he gets Stronger and More durable,we saw what he could do in WWH when trashed a lot of people,most wouldn't give him a problem anyway but meh).In all the comics I have read and in the many vs battles I have seen with Hulk with people who knew infinetely more than me about Hulk,never I saw this instaneous regereneration,no death thing.What I have saw is Hulk get hurt and even killed in several situations.T

If you said Hulk could survive having been reduced to a skeleton and some tissue I would believe you cause I have seen it.But what you are saying is sounding like "Hulk can be hurt and all that,but if he's about to be atomized all at the same time then he heals all at the same time just like that,because he is the Hulk and he doesn't die,LOL"

You are simpy, negating the facts,Hulk has never shown to be immune to vaporization to beings of Skyfather level he was almost beaten to death by one.He was turned into stone by Dormammu he was killed in The Reigning by King Thor without the Odin Force,he never showed this anti-death system you have shown,this instant stress to mass you are saying doesn't apply to instant atomization because it is instant whatever system you are saying isn't because if it where Hulk would never be hurt,and don't throw this "when he is near death" thing cause it isn't working the Hulk was killed enough times for we to know that he isn't invencible,or immortal.

Even other Hulk fans are agreeing.So stop using this it isn't fooling anyone,you try to explain with science but even then it doesn't make sense(even for comics) you have no evidence of what you are talking.

Also Lobo's HF is more advanced than Hulk's(coming back from a pool of blood) and even he isn't normally immortal(he was at some point in time).So don't come a spell this Hulk is immortal,invencible.Dr Strange and GR could've killed him in WWH but PIS wouldn't let them and they are below Zeus.

About the GRBs:My analogy still applys these cosmic phemenons hold much more energy than our sun so it's kind of obvious that a GRB will do that,but I see your point and see I've misunderstood what you were saying.

And yeah people like Zeus and Galactus can beat the Hulk everyway they wish and he can't do nothing about it.You sounding worse than the people that say Batman would defeat Galactus with one mosnth prep.

PS:I know Hulk is very powerful and that some of things you say apply but not at everytime,we have to remember these people we are citing laugh at the laws of physics and Hulk works in them and in Marvel Magic/Cosmic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Physics.It's no shame to be defeated by Zeus(LOL) I actually believe he might be the only mortal on earth who could've taken this beating and survived,Hulk is very powerful,strong and durable but nowhere near invencible/immortal(where would be the fun on that??) and that's whats make hero's good to read,that's why Odin didn't appeared every time Thor was in trouble and smited the bad guy or why The Spectre wouldn't appear on earth and judge anyone that the JL where having trouble with,though it happened some times because it was cool and people liked when OP characters appeared and kicked ass,it would be boring if it was a constant, thus why most heroes are not invencible(yes,not even you bats) it would be boring and this applies to the Hulk too.

Again, you seem to think Hulk's regeneration is not an immediate response. That is certainly not the case.

When Hulk encounters stress he simultaneously building back up, Not limited by energy, he simultaneously matches the assault on his body with the amount of growth needed to allow his survival, narrowly escaping death in any situation. By matching stress(effective working force) with gamma fueled atomic-molecular growth of his biomass from one degree to another, his damage becomes marginally superficial, nonlethal damage.

Hulk doesn't NEED to INSTANT and COMPLETELY recovery. Nobody annihilates the Hulk. You don't beat the Hulk by overpowering him. Raw power is what he is. It's a fact whether or not you except it.

Stop making up lies from non cannon "What if" comics (where all things established in comics is thrown out the window) or picking and choosing which plot details you want to recognize. No one has ever killed the Hulk. Fact. If you wan to argue that then tell me exactly when. In the reigning it was not clearly shown since when know Hulk can't die by being impaled.

Hulk has survived what would INSTANTLY kill anyone else, even other superhumans on his powerlevel. Stop playing word games. Hulk powerset has allowed him to survived what would be an instant and absolute death to anyone else.

You can't outfight Hulk by wearing him down.

Nobody beats him by annihilating him.

The Hulk's a force of nature. He's raw power that can't be stopped.

The only reason Hulk survives what would kill most anyone else is because of this.It's reason the Hulk was ever born in the first place.

Danvidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Danvidar

@dum529001: Have you not been listening? An unstoppable protaganist= BORING there is no challenge, no threat and incase you missed and I put it in bold but here it is again Finally, he can be hurt or even killed by cosmic entities or extraordinarily powerful individuals for which Zeus qualifies. I dont know why you keep trying to say the Hulk can't be stopped when he has been. He is not a force of nature, he might tap into one, but he is not it. Though we all agree that the Hulk is a powerful charachter we cant you just agree that there are individuals who are stronger that can beat him?

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By dum529001

Hulk's only unstoppable in the sense that the doesn't die.

The Hulk wouldn't ever be boring because the goal of a hero is not just to save his own life but the life of others.

Hulk strength matches the situation but that doesn't mean he can't be given a challenge. The Hulk's strength is as much of an asset as it is a liability. The Hulk is a monster that will never be the stereotypical hero.

You can hate on all you Hulk for his powerset because it makes him indestructible and thus incredible (as in, people can't believe it) but that has never been the focus of Hulk comics. He won't become a boring or irrelevant character. He's one of the MU favorite outsider, right alongside X-men and Spider-man.

Danvidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Danvidar

I am not hating on Hulk, he is one of my favourite heroes, but that doesn't mean I think he is unbeatable. and when did I ever say that the fact that he cant die is why he would be boring. ANY charachter who constantly wins without any defeats or possible defeats time after time would be boring, not that he cant die, and it has nothing to do with how heroic that charachter may or may not be.

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Kellar21

@dum529001

The only reason Hulk survives what would kill most anyone else is because of this.It's reason the Hulk was ever born in the first place.

No...He was born because Stan Lee thought it was cool someone who when faced with a problem could get angry and do something about(something along those lines,he said in an interview.

Also you just proved you are a fanboy who can't see logic.What you would be the other interpretation Dormammu turning hulk into stone and The Reigining wasn't a What If it happened but Thor time-traveled to he pasT and prevented so it's accepted as a feat.

Hulk has survived what would INSTANTLY kill anyone else, even other superhumans on his powerlevel. Stop playing word games. Hulk powerset has allowed him to survived what would be an instant and absolute death to anyone else.
    You can't outfight Hulk by wearing him down.
    Nobody beats him by annihilating him.
    The Hulk's a force of nature. He's raw power that can't be stopped.

Hulk was never trashed around by Celestials and survived.

What word games?ah you mean logic

There are Characters with better durability than him and even then they aren't immortal(GR,SS,BRB)

Yes you can Sentry did it,Thor did in an alternate timeline that was rectified.Thanos did it(even when Hulk had the help of Thor and Thing IIRC),Rulk,Abomination and many others did it.(Though Rulk had Loeb Force)

Yes Zeus,Thanos and many Skyfathers or upper-herald level characters can do it.Not citing Abstracts.

Forces of Nature are beings like Galactus,Death,Phoenix Force and Eternity.Some Elder Gods might also apply.Hulk doesn't.And yes he can and has been stopped,what comics have you been reading?

Again we have characters with better durability and that doesn't make them immortal and unbeatable, Hulk is severely out of this league against Zeus and you are the only one who can't see it.

Also,Hulk's HF isn't instantaneous,at least not to big wound otherwise he wouldn't get hurt enough time for people to see.He NEVER showed this normally(or ever IIRC).Show me a scan where he does it,show me one of him standing up to a Skyfather trying to kill him.Galactus can one-shot most skyfathers can you say Hulk can tank him trying to kill him.

Also tell me why the other people here are digreeing with you ,I saw on another Thread TheAcidSkull a person who certainly knows alot more about Hulk than you admit that WWH loses to SS,while he presented a very good argument the logic was there.While SS is powerful he is on the same level as Thor,BRB and Below Zeus,Odin and Galactus.So it seems you are the one not listening and not seeing logic here.

Again Hulk is very powerful but not unbeatable,you are sounding like a fanboy or a troll.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.