How did Hulk Beat Dr Strange?

#1 Posted by Bezza (3835 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read a lot on the net about how powerful Dr Strange is, able to battle even the likes of Galactus in the past. However in WWH Hulk, Hulk defeated him not once but twice? Just wondering why this was? Surely Strange had the power to cast some spell which moved the Hulk to another dimension and game over for WW Hulk?

#2 Posted by DrunkVader (794 posts) - - Show Bio

if you have ever noticed that strange does a little seizure dance with his hands to cast a spell well thats marvels way of depowering what could be basically GOD so i guess it makes sense that if his hand were broke he couldnt do anything

#3 Posted by green_skaar (4548 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza said:

I've read a lot on the net about how powerful Dr Strange is, able to battle even the likes of Galactus in the past. However in WWH Hulk, Hulk defeated him not once but twice? Just wondering why this was? Surely Strange had the power to cast some spell which moved the Hulk to another dimension and game over for WW Hulk?

Let's start with some back story in the World War arc about Strange and Hulk. Strange, along with others, sent Hulk into space so he wouldn't be a threat to Earth any more. Things went bad, Hulk returns. Strange noticed he was MUCH more powerful on return and it was suggested to him to either just kill him or banish him again. Strange didn't want to banish him again because that would result in and even more powerful Hulk coming back, as well as that Hulk could do all sorts of damages to other worlds while banished. He doesn't want to kill him (despite admitting he could) because he'd "lose his soul forever" (i.e. it's against who Strange is).

Strange than tries to calm Hulk down via magic and the astral realm. He almost accomplishes this but Hulk breaks his hand which seriously hinders his ability to do magic. Hulk's war bound (friends) almost capture Strange and as a last resort Strange possesses himself with the demon Zom. Strange than fights Hulk in this form literally punching holes through Hulk's torso. Strange accidentally almost kills a bunch of bystanders in the battle which causes him to let up his attack for a little bit, which Hulk than beats the Zom out of him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.