How about a skin-colored Hulk?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Zardu (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Initially Hulk should have been gray. Stan Lee took gray because he doesn´t wanted Hulk assign any ethnic group. (This is incomprehensible, since most of Marvel superheroes are white.) Due to problems with printing, Stan Lee had to choose a different color. He chose green. Then it took an explanation for the color change. Hulk should have chloroplasts in the skin, which used the sun as an energy source. So Hulk is green because there were problems with printing and not because it was planned that way. Grey is a color that can not work well in movies. Hulk would act as a bloodless, a living dead or vampire. Green is better, but on the other hand, this color looks a bit weird.

So if Hulk was originally planned as gray, wouldn´t it be better if he were skin-colored?

What do you think?

Here are some examples of how it would look like:

#2 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

see interior.

#3 Edited by judasnixon (6101 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha ha ha ha..... I kind of like this Idea.

#4 Posted by Zardu (345 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17158 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk was Planned initially to be grey, and i Might have said that the color grey would have been better if it had sicken for a while. Problem is that After that HULKs skin became Green , it had stayed for a long time, and because of this, it became of the most iconic things to appear in comics when it comes to the hulk, so shifting him back to grey would not have been a better idea. when asked whether Hulk is Better green or gray, 99% of the people will say that Hulk is better when he is green, mostly because thats what we are use to.

However, Instead of completely ignoring the fact that Hulk was once grey, marvel, or better yet Peter david came up with a much better idea, he introduced the fact that gamma rays could have been physical and metal at the same time , which lead to the creation of a much more sinister hulk, who mind you, was the grey joe fixit. and While many would say that Joe was awesome, most will still prefer that Hulk being green because thats what they have been familiar to most of the time.

in terms of Movies and TV, i doubt That Grey hulk would appear in any type of series or movie other than than cartoons, and even in animated series his appearances would be about 1 to 3 episodes. Thing is, now that The movie has come out and because Kids have watched Avengers: EMH, hulk will remain green most of the time because as you all may know, movies tend to affect comics, and much as we dislike that, it's still a fact. Besides, i agree that grey isn't exactly the kind of color that would appeal to most people ( i am not most people mind you), for kids especially, green is kind of a vivid and fun color that kind of brings a bit of joy to you, while grey is a bit more dark and gritty.

As for my personal View? I Do in fact prefer green but Grey isn't bad either, in fact i loved the grey hulk, and reading about him is always a pleasure, and some times i am happy that he does make appearances because while the green savage and world war will always be one of my favorite hulks, the grey Provided some unique storylines and development for not only hulk but his companions as well, people like rick jones and Batty ross. So While i might enjoy the green hulk more, i am glad that at one point hulk had started out grey, because if he had not we would have never seen him go to Vegas and become a leg Breaker. Besides, having a weaker but smarter version of the Hulk is always fun to dig deep into !(In short, we have to Thank the printing problems that had taken place at Marvel.) i would not mind if somehow they developed the grey hulk in the movies( temporarily anyways) , Though as i mentioned before, hulk is the kind of character that would appeal to kids and is just serious as he is fun, so making him grey would take away most if the FUN elements because he'd loose him VIVID appeal by being grey, so my point is that hulk being grey would be Good for hulk fans, but not for newcomers. .

Phew....

#6 Posted by Zardu (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Thanks, for your comment. Do you like the idea of a skin-colored Hulk?

#7 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17158 posts) - - Show Bio

@zardu said:

@theacidskull: Thanks, for your comment. Do you like the idea of a skin-colored Hulk?

If hulk was normal colored? Nah , i Love green :P, how about you?

#8 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Zardu (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: As you said, Green is an iconic color for the Hulk and we are used to it. On the other hand, a skin-colored Hulk would not be bad. It´s even more realistic. Because the explanation for his green skin is a bit poor. So, why not. I would not mind. It´s pure matter of habituation. Imagine Hulk would have remained gray and suddenly he is green. Scandalous :-)

#10 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17158 posts) - - Show Bio

@zardu said:

@theacidskull: As you said, Green is an iconic color for the Hulk and we are used to it. On the other hand, a skin-colored Hulk would not be bad. It´s even more realistic. Because the explanation for his green skin is a bit poor. So, why not. I would not mind. It´s pure matter of habituation. Imagine Hulk would have remained gray and suddenly he is green. Scandalous :-)

well i would not say Poor :P, i might have been poor at the time considering that fact that they quickly had to come up with a reason for hulks change in color, but peter david later explained that and we got a good explanation. Besides, hulks SKIN come from Gamma radiation, which is always depicted in the color green so thats another reason why hulk could be green :P, also i prefer hulk to be AWAY from reality :P

#11 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't think it would look right. Human colour skin brings him closer to humanity whereas I think he's at his best when portrayed as a misunderstood monster.

#12 Edited by Zardu (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

Gamma radiation is colorless. A second poor explanation :-). In addition, gamma radiation is harmful or fatal. Oh, Nr. 3 :-).

Realism and fiction are not always mutually exclusive. But I understand what you mean.

#13 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17158 posts) - - Show Bio

@zardu said:

@theacidskull:

Gamma radiation is colorless. A second poor explanation :-). In addition, gamma radiation is harmful or fatal. Oh, Nr. 3 :-).

Realism and fiction are not always mutually exclusive. But I understand what you mean.

I know that GR are coloreless :P, it's just that iN comics they are portrayed usually as GREEN. either way would not really like a skin colored hulk.

#14 Edited by Zardu (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: The color does not affect the essence of the Hulk. Think of Mr. Hyde. He and Frankenstein are the main reasons for the creation of the Hulk. We want to have him green just because we are used to it. Remember, actually he should be grey. Now, there is a grey, red and even a red-green Hulk. And they are all in a bad mood :-)

#15 Edited by Zardu (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Hm ... well then let´s hope Hulk will not change his mind. Because whether green or skin-colored: he will smash, either way :-)

#16 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@zardu: I realize this but I think that the inhuman colour adds to the monstrous element of Hulk. Just because he was originally intended to be grey doesn't mean that's the right colour for him any more :)

#17 Posted by Zardu (345 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Oscars94 (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

What about that guy from the Ultimate Universe?

#19 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (12414 posts) - - Show Bio

No thank you.

#20 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17158 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10913 posts) - - Show Bio

No, skin colored Hulk just looks weird. Having him green acknowledges the transformation. Skin colored makes him seem human still, just super bulked up.

#22 Posted by Zardu (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: Yes, I know. But Hulk is characterized in that he is the second personality of Banner. Dr. Jekyll turns into Mr. Hyde, he changes the body and his personality. We are used to the green color, that's all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.